Digatz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hip replacement dilemma

I sent a similar question to the exercise section but got no response so I will try here again.
    I have been recently diagnosed by x-ray that I need both hips replaced.

I was wandering if there is any exercises or supplements ( beyond glucosomine ) that might help to keep me from having to have the replacement or help surgery go better when I do decide to get it done ?

Exercise is my hobby and I have all kinds of equipment at home.
    A friend told me that his knees were diagnosed as bad as my hips are and was given some exercises that actually made them better than ever.
    Is there any truth to this ?
    If so I would really like to exercise my way out of this dilemma.

mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000)
    Maybe it depends on why you need it. My Mom had to have her right hip replaced because the ball ( bone that sits in the hip socket) was worn away..I dont think you can repair that with exercise. Good luck.

Growin Guns is just really nice. (+1000) Growin Guns is just really nice. (+1000) Growin Guns is just really nice. (+1000) Growin Guns is just really nice. (+1000) Growin Guns is just really nice. (+1000) Growin Guns is just really nice. (+1000) Growin Guns is just really nice. (+1000) Growin Guns is just really nice. (+1000) Growin Guns is just really nice. (+1000) Growin Guns is just really nice. (+1000) Growin Guns is just really nice. (+1000)

Got Cissus?

If it is joint PAIN (not bone erosion, etc) I have something that might be worth looking at. There is a natural product called Cissus that has been getting very postive marks from people who have actually used it. Like I said, it is a natural herbal that seems to go far beyond what Chondroitin/Glucosamine/MSM can do. I admit I have not tried it myself, but the reviews I've read on it have been so good, I ordered myself a whole pound of it just this morning. If you are interested in where I found it, PM me and I will get you the web address. It may be something to at least try before giving in to the knife. Good luck!
    GG
    If you can't enjoy yourself while you do it, then don't do it.

Voted "Chief Inquisitor" by 4 out of 5 dentists who rant.

265 here I come! Again.

Digatz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks Growin Guns

Thanks for the info.
    I will look into it even though it is a bone problem.
    The left side is bad looking on the x-ray. Bone on bone at one point of the left hip.

Right now I am walking with a cane to keep weight off of that leg.
    I am waiting for this months meeting of the A.M.A.. They are deciding weather to start doing a process called "resurfacing" instead of replaceing of joints. It sounds promising. From what I read it has no restrictions of mobility like the old type of replacement does.

simplelaurine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hip replacement system that involves the capping of a patient’s thigh bone with a synthetic ball and the replacement of that patient’s hip socket with a corresponding cup. This is most likely called wright conserve hip replacement which these devices are made on metal. Many were suffering from too much pain with it.

Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I second the cissus thing. However I've had hip replacement. i advise seeing an expert and get one done if needed. It could buy the other one time. The keys to success with replacement are a good surgeon and you got to do the physical therapy for years, making it part of your workouts each week. My advice is if you need it get it done, rehab it and move on.

sandramitch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My dad's friend had his hip resurfacing with wright conserve hip implant, it was very disgusting moment to his family when he always felt pain which eventually he lost his job due to its side effect cause by the hip implant. Someone advice his father to file a wright hip lawsuit to claim for their compensation but what are the process?

TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hello im going to have to have one too in time. Im taking animal flex. It has helped some. I just got a tens unit and its wonderfull. As far as exersizes the doc told me no running or jumping. Other than that to keep training. My diagnosis is moderate arthrites in the hip.
    Last edited by TheIronMaster; 08-11-2012 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Too add diagnosis.

steamhead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hip replacement

Had hip replaced in September of 2013, started squatting again. Yeah it sux the recovery sux but no more pain. Anybody have any advice as far as weight goes when sqatting with full hip replacement.

TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My doc told me 200 lbs ATG And heavy as I want in a box squat.
    2012 was a year of on and off training due to miss-hap's. I had broken ribs,pulled something under my shoulder blade. Then had a total hip replacement. Got soft around the edges. Now time for a comeback. 1st year in. So far things are going great!!
    April 11th 2014 double bypass surgery. So another set back grrrrrr.

If The Bar Ain't Bending... You're Just Pretending.

There is no pill or shake. That can replace hard work.

really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've had my right hip reconstructed - a year ago almost exactly. Not quite a replacement as they put humpty dumpty back together again.

There isn't as many limitations on a person after replacements like their used to be as science keeps improving. My surgeon only wants me to limit my high impact exercises like running.

I am getting back into doing everything I did before and is more of a mental holdback that physical (though I am still having issues).

If you are bone on bone I doubt there is much you can do as the joint space has been compromised and that is as far as I understand not correctable. In my case my reconstruction didn't work as well as we hoped and I am back into the queue to find the next alternatives which is looking like arthroscopic surgery on the same hip to see if they can spot any specific reasons to continued pain. My surgeon won't do replacement yet because I don't have arthritis or lack of joint space.
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883