Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Celexa

I have been a little bummed the past couple months. Degenerative disks have been getting the best of me......Sucks getting older.

Doc put me on Celexa. I felt even worse on that crap. Stopped taking it after 3 weeks. Nasty stuff! Made me tired all the time and mr happy wasnt to happy
    Psalm 121

Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000)
    ACK not a good thing.......;(
    Work in progress...

"Insane in the membrane, got no brains gone insane"

" Its all the petroleum products, thats why i make no sense"

"Cry now, smile later:)

wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Hey Mac

I guess its is time for a update... Thanks for the check up Bro ! ! !

Well here we go I have now finished week 7 in my quest of
    Coming off "Celexa" and "*****"

Well I started back in the gym full time this week and all is going good. I am doing cardio 40 min at 70% max 4 times a week and I am also back lifting. Now I am taking it a little light this week because I missed some time with this med ****, and need to work my strength back up to regular..
    Man I am sure those damn pills were keeping the pounds on.
    I am defiantly starting to loose. Nothing drastic yet, but I can tell this is going to work.. One thing good , while I was going through the weight gaining phase , I definitely put on muscle with the fat and I am just really starting to be able to see definition.
    The time is here to burn the rest of the fat and finally enjoy the results from all those months of hard work..

As far as the meds go .... it all good , I can go almost 4 to 5 days before I have to take anything at all. if **** starts feeling to hectic I take like 10 mg of celexa with 5mg of ***** and I am set for 4 to 5 more days ... It won't be long before I am done with them all together..

one thing I did do is stop watching the scale, that was ****ing with me, I am just using the mirror and I can tell
    by my pants . Clothes are def getting looser and friends have said that I def am loosing.
    And believe me they are not just being nice LOL..

After going through all this **** with the meds I really don't think I would advise anyone to get on any meds on a reg basis without really evaluating the situation Believe me the Doc can by no means explain the long term effects these pills will have on you and even if he did you wouldn't truly understand him until you've been on the meds for long term. Thing is , Yeh they do help but I feel they have a way of making you too complacent. I mean the meds kind of just make it too easy to let some things go and say oh well so what, when in fact some of those things that were ****ing with you can easily be fixed by confronting the matter head on, and working on a plan to change the things that you don't like about your life instead of just taking some drug to escape the issue. I hope this is making sense to you >>>LOL

Peace
    I'M THINKING WICKED I'M GOING MAD
    I'M FEELING BETTER THAN I EVER HAVE
    I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NIGHT TO BEGIN
    SO I CAN FEED THE BEAST ONCE AGAIN ! ! !! ! !!

Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yep that makes plenty of sense as do you. I think somedays i wish i had some help, Mac's little helpers but after hearing you and others i toss that thought out the window and just face the situation, i'm a prayin man, it works for me most of the time for the mere fact it gets my mind off the problem, my other beliefs are not relevant here for they are personal to me and everyone has the right to pick and choose what works for them, so i dont push my beliefs.

Sound great and wish the best for you, do what you have to do to get healthy sounds like you are........
    Work in progress...

gbat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi fellers,

First post on this forum. I am also taking myself off of Celexa. I've been taking half my dosage for the last two months. Tried cold turkey last summer and couldn't get past the "internal earthquakes". I'm also on Procardia XL and Hydrochlorothiazide for high blood pressure. I hope to go off of them when I lose 60 pounds, but doc is gonna hafta help there.

Aaah, Celexa! Being a former druggie from the sixties I kinda dug the mellowness at first. Helped me a lot with the horrid stressful job I had at that time. But after while the happy zombie thing gets old. Put on 40 pounds of fat. And yes, my libido is nil as well. I can get erections, just don't wanna use em! I try to get with sex and all I can come up with is "what's the big deal?" Been 2 years now since the last time! Understanding wife. She's overweight, too, thinks that's the reason no matter what I tell her. I was a sexual Taz before the dope.

I'm gonna be off the Celexa before Christmas. I am in training now, 5 days a week. Eating clean foods, whey powder, Glutamine, vitamins. Only been 1 week and I can feel the old me coming back. Watch out, wifey, the boys are back in town!
    Courage!!!!!

Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000)
    Gutsy post gbat! Takes balls to admit your problems and do what you are doing. I am sure you will do just fine. Keep us posted and good luck also.
    Welcome aboard!
    starting over!!!!!!!!!!

kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi Gbat

Bump on Charger brave post and welcome to the forum. Any help or advice you need on weight loss - (I lost 60lbs to compete in a natural contest) weight training or even moral support we are here to help. Good luck in your quest for a healthier lifestyle. Once I started losing weight it inpired my wife without me saying anything to her and she is now over 80lbs lighter. Might work that way for you too!

Kendo
    Its never to late to transform! www.physiqueoverfifty.co.uk

wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Gbat

Hey Gbat

Welcome and GOOD LUCK ! ! ! !! !

Wayne
    I'M THINKING WICKED I'M GOING MAD
    I'M FEELING BETTER THAN I EVER HAVE
    I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NIGHT TO BEGIN
    SO I CAN FEED THE BEAST ONCE AGAIN ! ! !! ! !!

gbat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Thanks, Folks!

Thanks very much for the warm welcome!

Feels like home here!

I will start a new thread to introduce myself better, don't wanna hijack this interesting one.
    Courage!!!!!

billybill02 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Vitamin B deficiency

Just wanted to make it known that deficiencies in Vitamin B can cause many of the syptoms described on the forum. Anxiety, sleeplessness, paranoia, irritability, shaking, etc. I am currently suffering from some of these symptoms myself. As a "bodybuilder", my diet limits the amount of vitamins and minerals that I take - my mistake. Over the last six years this has not been a problem, however, drinking alcohol over an extended period of time and binging daily here lately, severely depletes any vitamins in your body and is made worse when you train heavily (30 min cardio and 1.5 hrs weight training). Antidepressant drugs can also mess up the absorption of these nutrients. I am currently seeing a doctor who is going to test my blood for deficiencies and supplement my diet through injections and oral pills and see the effect. Just throwin this out there. Check up on it for yourself, but maybe this'll give a little hope when it sucks. Do everything you can to find out what's wrong with your body, if it's in your budget, before relying on more drug. I hate being out of control and dependent on anything... if i can help it. later.

Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000)
    billy, welcome! Good advice, I am also glad this thread came up again. I posted this in it earlier which I would like to take back!!

(My fiance' is currently trying, she is slowly lowering her dosage and also has starting taking paxil. Her Doc is taking her off ***** and going to paxil, he claims paxil is less addictive and will slowly get her off that next.)

Now I would like to shot the Doc!! These Docs are getting payed by the drug company to push there free samples and get there patients to use there meds. Well as a update my fiance's she's decided she does not like how the pazil makes her feel and asked to be taken off, well guess what? Now she's hocked to both and is having worse withdrawel from the paxil, which according to her Doc was not addictive. Now's she has to take this **** for the next 3 months to get off of it, along with having SEVERE mood swings and diahrea quit often.
    starting over!!!!!!!!!!

OH man sorry to hear this charger, personally i think these Docs are doing exactly what you say passing this stuff out like candy, hey sometimes i would like a little relief too, i try to keep my brain in balance but it just wont cooperate and its probably 99% of how i eat what i ingest that isnt good for me mentally, especially coffee and cigs, eliminate some of the bad things we take in and that would help, put in good things, even supps, but i understand too that some of our brain chemistry is whakced out that cant be helped and some people need the drugs but cant help but feel there are alternatives to all of these meds, you have to take the initiative to find out for yourself i think or get in touch with a good herblist or nutrtrionist who knows about this stuff.
    Work in progress...

TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000)

Unhappy Charger....

Hope things turn out ok for your fiance.

FYI....GLaxo...the drugmaker of Paxil, has a class action suit being filed now for advertizing the it is non- addictive.
    I guess a ton of people are going thru some really tough withdrawal symptoms.
    Of course if the people win, it will just make a bunch of lawyers very rich.

hotmom is just really nice. (+1000) hotmom is just really nice. (+1000) hotmom is just really nice. (+1000) hotmom is just really nice. (+1000) hotmom is just really nice. (+1000) hotmom is just really nice. (+1000) hotmom is just really nice. (+1000) hotmom is just really nice. (+1000) hotmom is just really nice. (+1000) hotmom is just really nice. (+1000) hotmom is just really nice. (+1000)

Red face Prozac user here...

I have been off and on zoloft then prozac three different times in the past 8 years. Seems like every time I get off of the anti-depressent I do really well then some stresser comes up and wigs me out and I slowly lose control. I have not had a weight problem with prozac. I am still trying to get my bf% down but my weight actually goes down. My Dr. just throws out these meds like they are candy. He gave me a prescription for ***** just to try it. Every time I come in he offers some new med. I am just too afraid to stop taking the prozac but would love to research the GABA. Does anyone know if you can take it at the same time you are taking prozac? I know that I can't take melatonin or St. John's wart but I don't know about about anything else.

How are things going Wayne? Are you still out there?

Anne

patrolling the universe snakeman's Avatar
    snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    as most of you know i had major surgery on back, heres a list of meds that they had me on.
    500mg ******** 5x daily
    flexaril 40mg x4 daily
    nuerontin 1600mg daily x 3
    elavill 50mgs at nite
    oxtcontin 120mg 3x daily
    tenormin 100mg at night b/p
    bextra 40mg dailyx3
    morphine 20mg 4x daily

i now am off of them except b/p med and a occasional pain pill when pain is severe. it was hard but i did it . doc said i would be on them rest of my life. boy was he wrong, i could have started a pharmacy. peace. hand in their bro.

Thanks for the replys and concern everyone it just pisses me off that a Doctor takes a oath that if nothing else, they will do no harm. I wonder how many of these Docs ever tried coming off some of these meds
    starting over!!!!!!!!!!

IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good luck to your fiance Charger.

I have only once been given meds of the sort that you describe. I hated it more than the problems I was having so stopped before I became addicted. What surprised me though was the attempts by the US doc I was seeing to keep giving me pills. It was my first experience of private medicine having grown up in the UK where its all provided by the state. Anyway, it seemed that the doc would present costly approaches, and only if I questioned this did he offer any other way.

Moral: YOU need to decide the route from the technical addice given as the doc has a big conflict of interest.

whiplash21093 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Damn, man, did you not read the warning labels associated with immediate withdraw from serotone reuptake inhibitors such as effexor, serozone, celexa, paxil etc. All of them with the exception of Prozac will give you extreme problems. I got complacent and just kept forgetting to take my serzone and boom, one night I woke up in the most frightening panic I have ever had. I felt like I was having a flashback from my Tim Leary days.. tails of light beams, bright translucent colors, cats looked satanic, and a blood pressure that was off the chart.

I thought I had finally hit the bottom, The Snake Pit revisted, Gray Gardens remix. Ended up in the Emergency Ward, giving my self the mental status report all along, as I had not connected that I was in full flown drug withdraw. When I realized what had happened, I calmed down a bit, but had to get tranquilized for a few days until the angst subsided. Depression seemed a gift to this kind of drug withdrawal anxiety.

These drugs attack the neurotransmitters, so it is not a good idea to **** with these bad boys. I am back on the anti-depressant and will get off, but very slowly......

Good luck to you guy......Massage and hot baths help.

tom

billybill02 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Shaking

I posted earlier about some of the habits that lead to where i am now, but i can't seem to get rid of the shakes. The anxiety has gotten much better and i can relax around my friends and even in social situations. But it seems like any time i make a movement, there's a shake. Has anyone else experienced this from overtraining. Like I said earlier, i drank a lot over the last month and didn't alter my training and that's really when it started. If this is the result of overtraining, what can I do in addition to vitamin supplementation (B-complex, Mg, Zn, etc) and no drugs, to get better. I've stayed out of the gym for 7 days now. I've been out before due to injury and know that i can regain the muscle, but this physcological and physiological stuff together is a whole new deal. Given everybody elses problems, i hope this doesn't seem insignificant, but i do appreciate y'alls help. I haven't drank in 2 weeks and the syptoms are still here. Is there a light at the end of this tunnel or do i just need to be patient? Patience is the one thing i think we lack as people, until experience get's a hold of us. That's the point of living right? Living, learning, and helping somebody else when they get where you've already been.

Well quit drinking completely(assuming you are talking about alcohol) and maybe the TREMORS will go away, the alcohol in large quantitys isnt good for you man, you probably are depleted of some nutrients. A good multiple vitamin, and a good diet of food should get you back in shape but maybe there is some nerve damage, alcohol does that, check with your doctor billy..
    Work in progress...

bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

zoloft

Holy FU#%!!!! ive been taking zoloft for over a year and i went from 170 lean as hell to 200 and fat .no matter what i did i couldnt llose it ...now after reading these posts i think itts the zoloft ...thanx guys...im gonna slowly come off and see if it works...
    It seems there's always something. Tryin' to bring a good man down. I have no fear of falling. But I hate hitting the ground ...

Beachboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I salute you folks....

...for the couage you've shown in both admitting and discussing problems and addictions and attempting to regain control of your lives and your bodies. I am very, very impressed.
    If I had not already known I was in the right place here in this Over 35 forum, the honesty and determination and assistance of one another in this thread would have made it apparent.
    I'm lucky, I guess. Back suregry 13 months ago and off all pain meds within 1 month of the suregry. Was told to stay away from lifting weights for 6 to 12 months, decided not to follow that and began a light lifting program 2 and a half months after surgery. Knee surgery 6 weeks ago, no pain meds since 1 week after. Go back to the doctor this week and I think we'll have to discuss something for the cold and damp times, when advil just don't cut it, but I don't want something that is too strong.
    You guys and gals are truely awesome!!!!!!!!
    Don't be afraid to be good...

http://www.ironfreaksforum.com/forum/

TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000)
    Beachboy....
    There are so many new advances in non- narcotic pain management over the past couple of years. Unfortunately the back and the knees take so much abuse that it is tough to recover fully once injured. But you should be able to find something that helps the pain without resorting to narcotic or long term steriod use. Good luck!

Hope the knee is doing ok...careful with those squats!

TrishB,

Thanks, the knee seems to be doing mostly okay, until I kneeled down to talk with an accident victim on the pavement a few days ago.....WOW! as soon as the knee hit the hard surface and my weight was starting to settle on it, I was up like a rocket....kinda funny now, but the poor liittle 88 year old lady really looked at me funny....

I'm trying to stay away from narcotics or steroids, as you advised. But I've already discovered advil ain't getting when it's cold and damp and aches like a bad toothache

Try the Glucosamine and chondroitin its worth a try!
    Work in progress...

Thanks Mac,

I've starting taking glucosamine.
    Went back to the Doctor today, overall he mostly pleased. Told me that I could start running on the treadmill if I wanted to but no long runs on pavement for a while......but he also told me no squats with weights for a while...maybe forever

beachboy as long as i stay off the leg extensions i have no knee problems, and i cant believe the muscle that has developed around my knee cap since i started doing legs, there a helluva lot stronger then they were.

I bent my knees backwards and damn near snapped 1 in 2 when i was younger and have always had problems with it wanting to pop out to the side on me(very painful), probably from tendon or ligament tears but i havent had any trouble whats so ever lately, KNOCK ON WOOD......
    Work in progress...