Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Comming off MED"S>>HOLY ****

Hey Bro's

Well just incase some of you didn't know I have been on "Celexa and *****" for 2 years. i decided 6 weeks ago to stop the medication. Well HOLY **** I had no idea what i was in for ! ! !
    The last six weeks have been HELL .. but i think i am begining to
    fell like I see the end of the tunnel... After a month of "Road Rage, insominia, panic , and anxiety, to mention a few, I am finally starting to feel somewhat normal.. WTF......
    All I can say is be carefull what the doc puts you on because if you ever want to come off, it is not easy ! ! !
    also the meds i was on especially "celexa' has a tendency to hold weight on your body. That was one of the main reasons i decided to discontinue the use of these meds, no matter what i did I could not "cut". Well it has been six weeks and i can already notice the difference. i have missed going to the gym for about two weeks now because of the damn withdrawing of these drugs. I plan on getting back in this week and looking forward to some good results.......

I will keep posting......

wayne
    I'M THINKING WICKED I'M GOING MAD
    I'M FEELING BETTER THAN I EVER HAVE
    I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NIGHT TO BEGIN
    SO I CAN FEED THE BEAST ONCE AGAIN ! ! !! ! !!

kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up Hi

Good to see you back posting Wabney just hang in there bro and you know the guys in here are all behind you - some of us have been there before as well! Training helps produce endorphins which promote well being - just stay chilled and enjoy life and dont take too much on to your plate than can cause too much stress!

Good Luck

Kenny
    Its never to late to transform! www.physiqueoverfifty.co.uk

wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wabney is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

ken

Hey Bro

You know i must be starting to feel better , since i am posting again. When I said I was going to come off those meds beleive me i had no idea what i was getting myself into. Even under a doctors care it is still a bitch. I feel like i am just about there. i am completly off of the celexa and am taking a very small amout of the *****, ( working my way off that also).

Can you say ROAD RAGE>>>>LOL

In the last month 3 times, pretty good considering. Plus i have been pretty lucky. i never got shot or arrested.. LOL

Oh yeh Ken .. what do you mean too much on my plate???
    These days i am eating out of a fvcin bowl!!!! lol

later
    Last edited by wabney; 08-17-2002 at 01:23 PM.

Matthew D is just really nice. (+1000) Matthew D is just really nice. (+1000) Matthew D is just really nice. (+1000) Matthew D is just really nice. (+1000) Matthew D is just really nice. (+1000) Matthew D is just really nice. (+1000) Matthew D is just really nice. (+1000) Matthew D is just really nice. (+1000) Matthew D is just really nice. (+1000) Matthew D is just really nice. (+1000) Matthew D is just really nice. (+1000)
    I know exactly what you mean about coming off of meds. I tried it with one of my BP meds, eneprilla, and low and behold if my BP didn't shoot up higher, alot higher about 2 weeks after I came off it. I am just glad you are getting to come off of the meds.

TampaIronMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy

I know where your coming form. I am currently taking Paxil, and man, if I miss 2 day, I feel like hell! I am currently working up the courage to get myself off of it as well.

I things go better for you form here out. I know for myself, these damn things seem to also make you CRAVE carbs, and not the good ones!

Good luck!

paxil

Hey Bro

I don't know about "paxil" but celexa will pack the pounds on. Seems to me any type of anti depressant will do the same. It doesn't happen all at once but over time you will goin weight (fat).

One thing I have noticed since I stopped taking the meds is ...
    I have aleays used a heart rate monitor while doing cardio and when i was on the meds my heart rate was lower than now. It would be pretty easy to keep my HR at 60 to 70 % now doing the same exercise it stays at 80 % ...

later

Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey Wabney, 2 years ago i stopped using hard drugs and alcohol, i was self medicating and i joined a local gym to help with all the anxiety and crazys i new were going to go on in my head, and they did and i kept going to that gym, somedays were soooo hard, i had to force myself to get my azz there, and when i left i always felt better, yes endorphens, gotta get those chemicals balanced in the brain, get that good feeling going, i also took other alternative medications to help me sleep niacin with GABA and inositol they come in one pill also L-Glutamine and L-tryosine together. A friend of mine is a health food store owner and she helped in getting my chemistry straightened out and helped with my withdrawls.

There may be other things you can take especially if the drugs you were taking depleted anything in your body, you may want to find that out.

Personally i am available to anyone if they just need to talk or chat, but i hope that if there are other issues in your life that need to be dealt with like there were with me you will get professional help with that, but friends to me were where i found the most help and sounds as if you have some right here.
    Work in progress...

"Insane in the membrane, got no brains gone insane"

" Its all the petroleum products, thats why i make no sense"

"Cry now, smile later:)

Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wabney, glad to see your back. Glad to hear your making it! Thanks also for giving me some insight on just what it is like. My fiance' is currently trying, she is slowly lowering her dosage and also has starting taking paxil. Her Doc is taking her off ***** and going to paxil, he claims paxil is less addictive and will slowly get her off that next. Her timetable is 6 months for both. When she told me that I thought, holy ****, 6 months just to get off a med??? Now I have a better idea of just how hard it is.
    She has been doing pretty good but I have noticed the difference, it's tough on her.
    Use the gym for your strength and keep it up! Sounds like you made it over the top.
    starting over!!!!!!!!!!

TampaIronMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Charger
    Wabney, glad to see your back. Glad to hear your making it! Thanks also for giving me some insight on just what it is like. My fiance' is currently trying, she is slowly lowering her dosage and also has starting taking paxil. Her Doc is taking her off ***** and going to paxil, he claims paxil is less addictive and will slowly get her off that next. Her timetable is 6 months for both. When she told me that I thought, holy ****, 6 months just to get off a med??? Now I have a better idea of just how hard it is.
    She has been doing pretty good but I have noticed the difference, it's tough on her.
    Use the gym for your strength and keep it up! Sounds like you made it over the top.
    Charger,
    Good luck to your fiance. If paxil is LESS addictive than *****, I can't imagine the hell that it must be. You would think that the drug companies would let you know what your in for BEFORE you take this ****.

I mean, I gained 20 lbs in the blink of an eye, have a carb craving stronger than I am, and am scared to death of coming off this stuff, knowing how sick I have felt before when I tried to get off this stuff.

As I said...good luck to her and you!

Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks Tampa.. She's doing well and as for the weight, that has not been an issue, the women makes lyers of us all and the advice we give. She eats one meal a day(huge, as much or more than me) eats cup cakes, sleeps way too much, naps everyday plus her 8 to 10 hours of rest and weighs in around 102 at 5'7'' Other than some muscle definition she looks like a female bodybuilder, go figure??? She's 39 and wears a size 1
    We go out to eat and I get the salad and grilled chicken breast, she orders potatoe skins and a bacon cheesburger, guess who gains weight??????
    Thanks again, she is doing really well and reading Wabneys post help me realize I needed to tell her that.
    starting over!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Charger

Hey Bro

I sure hope you got patience because you are going to need it.

Thanks for the reply. I got back in the gym today, ****ty workout but wtf at least i went there.
    Today has been very hard for me . I am sitting here at work about to lose my ****ing mind. Why, i don't know why. Anxiety , depression, **** the whole lot. This **** has got to give sooner or later , just got to keep fighting it. At least now after being on those ****ing pills i can notice the anxiety and depression but so what, IT IS NOT SOMETHING YOU CAN JUST TURN OFF!!!!!.
    I am feeling very hostile today good thing no traffic on the way to work LOL. Well bro just giving you an Idea of what to expect from your girl with her venture. Good luck to her and you Bro.

Oh one more thing , i don't know about one pill being less addictive than the other. i think that is bull****. i mean whenever you are doing something for a period of time, your body and mind gets used to it. my doc told me "celexa" addicting at all. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH thats bull****.
    I know i am addicted, sure I can stop and not physically die, but comming off this **** sometimes you wish you were dead LOL.

Hey Mac thanks for the reply I will check into those supps you mentioned. i figure I have lived most of my life without these damn meds I can do it now. i think the hard thing is comming down!!!!!! You know what I mean..

Peace

wayne
    Last edited by wabney; 08-18-2002 at 06:12 PM.

Wabney,
    Hey thanks, I'm feeling for you but at the same time admiring your dedication to quiting. Without hurting your rotator cuff, give yourself a pat on the back.

I may be way out in left feild here but this is something else to think about. Lifting weights may NOT be the best thing for you right now. I am sure to get some response from that one. No really, lifting naturaly raises test, thats not a good thing for you right now. A buddy I work with recently got back on the lifting bandwagan and couldn't believe how grumpy it made him and how aggressive he became at first.
    I am also NOT suggesting giving up the gym but maybe instead, putting weight training on hold and concentrate on diet and cardio. Just an idea, you don't need anymore stress added to life rright now and the weights are not going anywhere. Good Luck
    starting over!!!!!!!!!!

Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well i did ask for some meds once and the doc gave some to me to try out, within 2 weeks i had not a thought in my head while awake, just walked around with nothing going on in my head at all, i didnt care much for that, the alternative is the opposite, sometimes i dont know whats going on in me, i do know that chemically i am imbalanced so i do something to change that, yep i even pray, or i'll grab something to eat, workout or just ride it thru.

I wish you the best with this thing, maybe talking about it here will help, myself and others arent going to criticize that. I do have a family member who has been in counseling for 8 years now, once or twice a week, i wonder why so long but it is not my place to ask, if she is doing well then more better she go, check it out man, may need just a bit more help and thats ok, been there done that.
    Work in progress...

Hey Charg

Thats funny you say that. today in the gym i did cardio only.
    Beleive me i am so fvking pissed right now i can't beleive it. i am actually getting ready to go to the corner stor and get a bottle of " Boons Farm" 1.99 bottle. Is that some funny **** or what.
    Now come on how long has it been since you have drank Boons.
    ROGLFAO

Oh yeh diet. you know the main reason for comming off these meds it to get my weight in order. Here's the senerio.. i guess you can be fat and content or lean and crazy. i don't know but i will take the lean and crazy ,, i guess....

later
    Last edited by wabney; 08-18-2002 at 07:50 PM.

LMAO, boonsfarm must have been around 1979 man.

I suggestion better then booze if i may is go to the health food store and talk to someone there with some knowledge and tell them your problem, some of those people know alot of alternative medicine that could REALLY help you out of these jambs.

Try the GABA i think that will help, when you feel it coming on whatever discomfort you feel, take the GABA before it gets full blown, i do not believe there are any side effects unless you take too much and sleep you get a slight hang over feeling is all.
    Work in progress...

Hwy Bro

First of all what health food store has anybody working there that knows their ass from a hole in the ground. please tell me and I will go there... LOL

So you say GABA, what is this GABA? and where can i get it.
    Maby i will give it a try. But that won't be until tommorrow, tonight its a boons night... LOL

Hey all bll**** aside give me some info on the GABA...

thanks

Well wabney a health food store lady saved my ass when i was detoxing and helped me with stuff to keep me going till i got some LEGS under me to stand on.

Bro i am going to do the homework for you this time it took me less then 1 minute to get this info for you, start doing some homework, find out what people are talking about it will take your mind off of other things for 1 and you will gain valuable information on how to deal with this situation your in. You can find GABA at your local health food store. Hang in there and try not to over do the boonsfarms , real nasty hangerover......

GABA is a natural calming and anti-epileptic agent in the brain that is manufactured from the amino acid glutamine and glucose. Two double-blind studies have demonstrated that GABA is beneficial in the treatment of a variety of brain disorders, including anxiety, manic-depressive syndrome (bipolar disorder), epilepsy and schizophrenia.. Supplemental intake of GABA was shown to produce a significant elevation of plasma growth-hormone levels and prolactin in one human study.

Studies have shown GABA to improve sleep cycles leading to more restful sleeping. In addition to it's positive effect on the nervous system, medical studies have also proven GABA to be effective for insomnia.
    Last edited by Macattack; 08-18-2002 at 08:33 PM.
    Work in progress...

Hey Mac

Thanks for the info.....

I'll overlook the sarcasm... for now

But realize this .. I am not a ****in child you mentioned something and I thought it would be easy for you to explain. if you are looking for some one to chastize I am not the one >>> OK
    I didn't realize you had to look it up. so thanks

i know exactly what is going on right now. Remember i am the one who has been on the meds............

Oh yeh they didn't have the boonsfarm so i had to get MAD DOG!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAH

peace
    Last edited by wabney; 08-18-2002 at 08:39 PM.

Hang in there man, no offense meant none taken, its to easy to offend and be offended in these forums, just wish you the best hate seeing people hurt, really, just trying to help best way i know how, sometimes i am a little rough around the edges, i know, i'm aware of it and apologize for that.

Night.....
    Work in progress...

Hey Bro

It,s all cool ,,,,, i did a search on the stuff it looks good. Looks like there are some sites that sell it on the net.....

I will check it out...........

I just havn't had good luck with people working in health food stores. that is one of the reasons I hang around this forum is to get some good Info..

and thanks again

kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey Wabney

4 years ago I was a real mess suffering from severe anxiety,shaking trembling,hospital the lot. I'm fine now took about 2 years to feel really better but the only thing that cured me was to change my attitude. I decided to just try to stay calm all the time and act happy to become happy - just a simple approach and it worked for me.

Good Luck Bro
    Its never to late to transform! www.physiqueoverfifty.co.uk

act happy to become happy

Dude ! ! ! !

Now that at least made me laugh. The thing that is funny is that it really is that easy... But for some reason it just isn't that easy for me right now...LOL

I am going to try that one Ken .... i will let you know how it turns out >>LMFAO

Wayne

Wabney, i got a cat a few years back and i swear that helps me to mellow out, she's a little doll and when i'm upset she knows that a guy just needs some love you know? LOL.....
    Work in progress...

Cat

You know what ! ! !That is exactly what I need ....

A little pussy... LMFAO

Oh Yeh Ken i thought You knew i live in a gay neighborhood, so i really got to watch looking too happy...... If you know what i mean...

later

LOL night watch your azz so to speak
    Work in progress...

Hey Mac

Hey bro

I have been reading on that GABA stuff. i am going to pick up a bottle tommorrow. Hell i figure it's worth a try, the **** is cheep...

later

Thumbs up

When your ass is falling off anything is worth a try.

I like to think of it like a lot of us are chemically challenged, in our Brains, there just isn't something right, little off kilter, sorta out of wack, sometimes i just go BONKERS, over trivial shizit dont know why but somehow it effects me and i get crazy and its hard to shut my mouth up, or not react, takes a lot of discipline that i dont have sometimes, even have to do the count down thing, sometimes i pray just to quiet my head, do whatever works for you, find it seek IT out and use it.

Not every day is a struggle if it was i would blow out my brains, some days are very very nice and i enjoy life, what the hell we only have this moment so lets make the best of it....

Have a good day........
    Work in progress...

GettingBigger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man:

I was on Paxil for a while myself and once I took myself off, the nightmares and the other side effects sucked. I am on Zoloft now and I'm scared to get off that stuff too. The best thing about those drugs is that it takes forever to pop a nut...girlfriend doesn't mind though.
    If you don't stand up, you don't stand a chance...

GettingBigger

Hey Bro

All i can say is watch that **** don't pack the pounds on(FAT).

good thing i was working out as hard as I was while taking the meds . i sure everyone's different but through time it put weight on. The thing is even if it don't put weight on the meds make almost impossible to "cut"

I am on week six and finally starting to feel somewhat normal.
    I havn't took any ,not even a little bit celexa in 3 days .. I think I am almost there... next will be comming off these ****ing *****'s.

I am only on 5 mg of xan's a day so that ain't ****.. i was on 40 mg of celexa a day..

later

Thumbs up

just checking up on Wabney, how's it going ????????
    Work in progress...