PowerSauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

barbell pullover

on exrx, they list barbell pullover's as targeting the lats where here on bodybuilding, they say it targets the chest more.

so which is it?

or does it depend on how you lay on the bench (regular vs perpendicular)?

thanks.

65 tons of American Pride BluntD's Avatar
    BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You do realize that PowerSauce bars are junk, and are actually made of old apple cores and Chinese newspapers.

Brad and Neil lied to you.
    Return of the Mack?

bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Who cares. What muscle does it hit when YOU do them?

For me, it's chest and tri's... my lats feel nothing. But it's an excellent exercise for ME to cinch up a chest workout. Some people do them for back day as it hits the lats... don't worry about others. Worry about yourself.

Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Pullovers work mostly the lats and tris. One of my fav exercises.

After a warm-up set, try to bring the bar down to the floor on the pullover. On the up part, bring the bar to the chest and then do a bench press with it. Bring the bar back down and then do the pullover. That will give the chest a little bit of work and the tris also getting hit with a different angle.

This also works the intercostals in the rib cage.

Note: I dont use dumbells for this....I use an easy curl bar.
    Last edited by Mr Vincent; 10-23-2007 at 08:44 AM.
    The body is a terrible thing to waste.

CmeliftHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) CmeliftHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) CmeliftHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) CmeliftHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) CmeliftHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) CmeliftHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) CmeliftHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) CmeliftHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) CmeliftHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) CmeliftHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) CmeliftHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Both

I can see it targeting both, legnthening the chest while extending the lats. You know Arnold use to praise this exercises as one of his key movements in legnthening his pecs, but with a dumbbell.
    Looks like if you where to grip the bar with a behind the bar grip and keep your elbows bent at 90 degree bent this would focus on the delts.

gripping the bar in the regular position while keeping your arms bent slightly will focus on the pecs, of course you will feel this on the lats and trap muscles as well, primary muscle is the pec the other muscles are use for suport.

wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I can see both muscles involved.. I ever do em tho.

Used to do 90lb DBs when I did do them, but that was like a year or so ago..
    IG: waldronconstruction

hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I believe the degree of arm bend you have can affect which muscle groups are more directly affected. The straighter the arm, the more I seem to feel the lats; the more bend, the more triceps (especially) and chest.

On t-nation, a variation whereby you keep your elbows bent at 90-degrees throughout the ROM is touted as a tricep exercise.

Experiment around.
    Keep on hulkin'.

I won't quit till no shirt will fit.

Smolov kicked my a$$ bigDADDY205's Avatar
    bigDADDY205 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigDADDY205 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigDADDY205 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigDADDY205 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigDADDY205 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigDADDY205 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigDADDY205 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigDADDY205 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigDADDY205 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigDADDY205 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigDADDY205 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by hulkinout View Post
    I believe the degree of arm bend you have can affect which muscle groups are more directly affected. The straighter the arm, the more I seem to feel the lats; the more bend, the more triceps (especially) and chest.

On t-nation, a variation whereby you keep your elbows bent at 90-degrees throughout the ROM is touted as a tricep exercise.

Experiment around.
    I don't do them, but have experimented with them and found the same. Straight arm = lats, bent arm = chest/tri's.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by browndustin View Post

For me, it's chest and tri's... my lats feel nothing. But it's an excellent exercise for ME to cinch up a chest workout. Some people do them for back day as it hits the lats... don't worry about others. Worry about yourself.
    Exactly.

Pullovers probably have the most variance of any "standard" exercise where people feel them.

They DESTROY my lats. I get zero pec out of them. But I have known guys who love them for chest (pecs, not just rib cage).

Due to different attachments, fiber ratios, lines of force, innervations etc, each exercise hits everyone a little differently. A degree of anatomical variance is the norm, not the exception.

Where you feel them is what is important.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by hulkinout View Post

Experiment around.
    Originally Posted by browndustin View Post

cosigned^2....
    SCIVATION XTEND...... 8-10 scoops a-day make the fibras happy!!!!!!

check my bodyspace blog.....

learn how to squat right SQUAT RX
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq8CWv8UPAI&mode=related&search=