anonymous

Thumbs up Some ways to help you achieve better gains

i see alot of kids seeking motivation.. and making threads about it... so heres a little something i picked up from Flex magazine

1. Look Backward - Sometimes the best way to drive yourself to future gains is to note how far you've come. (Assuming you've made some sort of gain)

2. Look Forward- You need to have long range goals in order to maximize your gym time. Make your goal challenging but realistic

3. Keep a journal- Have specific targets for each workout. a journal will help you both monitor past progress and plot your personal best.

4. Change your workouts- It is difficult to keep your enthusiasm up if for mnths you do the same eercises in the same order every time you train. Either add a new exercise or bring back an old one you havent used in a long time. Many successful bodybuilders change something every workout.

5. Change your environment- It is hard to saty motivated if you reguraly have to wait in like to use the equipment. If the equipment and overall ambiance of the place are not up to par maybe it is time you consider switching gyms.

6. Eliminate the negative- Often the things that hurt your training occur outside the gym.. i.e. monmey problems, work problems or relationship problems can rob you of your wil to workout.

7. Watch the best- Watcxh DVD's of accomplished bodybuilders befroe a workout. This will "psych" you up for a workout

8. Read the Best- And of course read as much as you can to gain knowledge. There are many sources avalable to you.. such as BB.com, and other BB forums and websites....magazines and books as well.

Hope this helps alot of you out..
    Last edited by itsurboyS; 06-29-2005 at 01:01 PM.

guy_attitude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guy_attitude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice article.

anonymous
    thanks

anonymous
    bump!!

SlickRickBDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlickRickBDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlickRickBDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlickRickBDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlickRickBDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlickRickBDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlickRickBDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlickRickBDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlickRickBDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlickRickBDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlickRickBDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It seems impossible for me to get motivated. Not football,not going to the beach, nothing. I dont know whats wrong.
    " If it was up to me, I'd stay home and watch Scarface all day long, then I'd have sex all day...then I'd go to the movie theatre and **** in a seat, then go in the back..and just wait...for someone to sit in it, hear it squish..cause to me thats funny...then I'd paint."- Dave Chapelle

"I'm scared every time I go into the ring, but it's how you handle it. What you have to do is plant your feet, bite down on your mouthpiece and say, 'Let's go.'"
    -Mike Tyson

anonymous
    Originally Posted by SlickRickBDC
    It seems impossible for me to get motivated. Not football,not going to the beach, nothing. I dont know whats wrong.
    wut r some things u enjoy doing? y did u start lifting weights to begin with??

SlickRickBDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlickRickBDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlickRickBDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlickRickBDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlickRickBDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlickRickBDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlickRickBDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlickRickBDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlickRickBDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlickRickBDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlickRickBDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I started because my dad gave me some weights, it was just something to do at night before I went to bed. I play football, and I box.
    " If it was up to me, I'd stay home and watch Scarface all day long, then I'd have sex all day...then I'd go to the movie theatre and **** in a seat, then go in the back..and just wait...for someone to sit in it, hear it squish..cause to me thats funny...then I'd paint."- Dave Chapelle

"I'm scared every time I go into the ring, but it's how you handle it. What you have to do is plant your feet, bite down on your mouthpiece and say, 'Let's go.'"
    -Mike Tyson

anonymous
    ^^dude if that dosent motivate u...think girls