Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000)

Creatine & Liver

with the water retention from liver, and creatines use for water in the muscle cell wouldn't this be a good combination to stack? i've been using liver again for about a month but was pretty disappointed the last time i took creatine so haven't used it for about 3 years. also i've heard that whey protein can cause an insulin spike so if this is true then would it be enough so i can still avoid too much sugar while taking creatine as it seems to make me fat?Richie

BigLiTTlEJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    that does sound phesable if you really think about it

you know where is big cat when you need him eh?
    the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exsist
    --------------------------------------------
    If your giong to lift like a man eat like a man -Br
    ---------------------------------------------
    I came i saw i was humbl'ed

justin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes, creatine & desiccated liver are good to use together. I am taking both right now. I take 4 caps of liver with every meal and I use creatine berfore breakfast and after workouts.

Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    whey protein does not cause an insulin spike, it is not capable of doing so, it is not a carb

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I disagree Manteca, whey does cause an insulin spike. Insulin is needed for any macromolecule to be transported. However slower digesting foods trigger less insulin release than fast digeting foods. Whey is a low molecular weight and thus is digested very quickly (30 minutes) it thus releases a sizable amount of insulin.
    Peace

Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Justin, what are you taking your creatine with? how long have you been taking this and what results? i have a real hard time with my weight when i'm eating a lot of simple carbs so i'm just looking for a good substitute if there is one.i can't remember where i got the info about the insulin spike from whey but it did explain a few things to me as i used to have a whey drink before bed now i have a whey blend which is much better.Richie

justin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Richie
    Justin, what are you taking your creatine with? how long have you been taking this and what results?
    If you are asking what I mix my creatine in, I mix it in water. If you are asking what supps I use with Creatine, I use Desiccated Liver, a Multi Vitamin, and a B - Complex. I dont use a protein supp only because I can't. But it would be good to use as well. As for results from creatine.... I have had good results in the past with creatine. Increases in strength and wieght are what is normal with it. The water weight will come off after you are done using it if you go on a good low cal diet, increase cardio and maybe use a good cutting stack.

sorry Justin, what i meant was what do you use for the insulin spike? what i was thinking was that if the whey does create an insulin spike then i may as well just put a spoon of creatine in with my protein shakes which i mix with water anyway but just don't know if it's enough of a spike. like i said i can get fat real quick when i consume too many simple sugars so 6 days a week i don't have any other than pineapple juice with whey in my post-workout shake.Richie

William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    First of all, bump str8!

Secondly, Richie and justin, the following is just FYI if you are interested:

Big Cat's article on Bodybuilding.com entitled "Creatine Updates" details using a combo of protein and simple carbs along with your creatine. Basically, what the article says is that if you combine 50g or protein and 50g of a simple carb source, you can most effectively uptake more creatine following a workout.

I can back up BC (not that he needs it) in that I have found in my own research these statements to be completely supported. As a result of his articles on creatine and my own study into the subject I now follow this program when it comes to my creatine supplementation. Note: Many people who are successful can recite various ways to achieve results, so take it for its worth -- one p.o.v., but I believe, a good plan nonetheless.

[1] 30 minutes prior to workout - 5g creatine in water

[2] Immediately post workout - 5g creatine in water with 50g dextrose + 55g whey protein (concentrate, not isolate)

[3] 30 minutes to 1 hour post workout - meal shake (40+g protein blend, 20g carbs)

[4] 2 hours later - whole food meal (usually tuna and fruit)

I would suggest the first variation on this might to be to forget the pre-workout creatine and instead have that dosage when you first get up in the morning. This may be better for gaining size. I utilize it before my workout because of research that shows increased power and endurance short-term as a result of creatine supplementation.

If you are concerned about cutting down the carbs, you might try something like using 30g dextrose (or 8-10oz of a high glycemic fruit juice; grape for example) with your protein and creatine post workout. I suppose this dosage should vary by weight anyway. Read the aforementioned articles by Big Cat on creatine and also check out the one by member joeHagyHH as well.

Best of luck to you both!