kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How much weight loss lowers your natural set point?

You know that weight where lets say one day you'll be 5lbs over or the next day 3lbs under or the day after 8lbs over but you always end up back at the same weight? Lets say thats called your natural weight or a set point. I was 185lbs 12 weeks ago and i just finished a 12 week diet 5 days ago and finished it at 165lbs. I'm at 172lbs now. I have no freaken idea how i gained 7lbs in 5 days. I know its mostly water weight since i was pretty sucked out at the end, but 7lbs is a lot. Anyway I'm guessing 172lbs is about my new set point. But i want to get back to 165lbs without doing another diet but once I get down to 165lbs i feel like it'll be too easy to float back up to the 170s again. Does this make sense or sound like babble?

TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Set Point is a Theory. and we await more studies on the subject.

However, with anything, as you 'lose' fat you are not actually losing it. instead you are shrinking the cells down. Thats right, you have the same amount of fat cells as you did 7 weeks ago. they are just emptier now. Now because of this, your body is eager to refil those empty cells. just like a car, you dont want to run on an empty tank, right? well your body wants to have those fat stores just incase it needs it. (like a spare gas can in the back). so when it gets the chance it floods those old, small cells with new fat.

Now, it is likely that most is water weight, though it is likely that some is fat aswell.

you cannot change your "set point", as set point is supposeidly determined by your DNA.

Again, set point is a theory yet to be proven, however the above about the fat cells is fact.

kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ahh good post! thanks man

nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    How did your diet change in those 5 days? Did you go from a low carb keto style diet to a moderate carb diet? I can jump 10+ pounds a day on a carb cycle style diet just due to water weight fluxuations.

Prove you're worth a damn DJohnson's Avatar
    DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't really believe in any type of set point or body types. Years ago I was really skinny and it was tough to gain weightk, after I kick started my weight gain then it was really easy to gain weight. I think your body just resists weight changes, so if you're been at a weight for a long time it'll favor it.
    History: Mar, 2001: 135lbs @ ~14% | Nov, 2004: 245lbs @ ~40% | Dec, 2006: 168lbs @ 5.5%ish | Nov, 2008: 177lbs @ 5.5%ish | Dec, 2016: 179lbs

lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Every single weekend for 6 months I jump up 4-9 lbs between Friday morning and Monday morning by Tuesday morning its usually back down and by the following Thursday it’s lower then the previous week. This is all water weight so I don’t care. All I do Monday is piss every 20 minutes. It’s ridiculous. But man do I cheat and cheat badly on Saturday so obviously I’m going to jump in water weight. I think weight is a pointless measurement and I pay little attention to it. Every week I look better that’s all that matters to me. Stop focusing on weight. Do you look better? Are you more cut? If so then good job.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice THAT we fail to notice there is little we can do to change until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds.

The Beginners Guide to FAT loss / LQ Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=827373

Originally Posted by nithos
    How did your diet change in those 5 days? Did you go from a low carb keto style diet to a moderate carb diet? I can jump 10+ pounds a day on a carb cycle style diet just due to water weight fluxuations.
    Well i did a 12 week contest diet. So when i got off i just started eating normal again. Instead of getting 2g/lb of body of protein im probably around 1g/lb. And my carbs increased a lot.

College Nutrition Student ]X[Tr3MaX's Avatar
    ]X[Tr3MaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ]X[Tr3MaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ]X[Tr3MaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ]X[Tr3MaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ]X[Tr3MaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ]X[Tr3MaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ]X[Tr3MaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ]X[Tr3MaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ]X[Tr3MaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ]X[Tr3MaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ]X[Tr3MaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm pretty accurate that with the good techniques and great willpower you can get as low as you want with your bodyfat as you want, genetics helping of course

as for your weight change, If you're low in BF %, just refer to the mirror

Don't bother about the scale, i'm not big man and the scale tell me i'm 10 pounds heavier than last night because of my ''cheat'' night

yeaaaaaaaah riiiiiiiiiight
    - Work smarter, not harder

- You eat like ****, you look like ****

www.myspace.com/redskullll