View Poll Results: Do you think this is a good idea?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this would improve advice quality for a popular topic, keep forums on topic and benefit all

140 81.87%
  • No, this is not warranted, keep posting OT threads in 6 forums for average advice please

20 11.70%
  • Dont know/care...

11 6.43%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Exclamation New Sub-Forum Suggestion! READ & COMMENT PLEASE!?

I propose that this site and its members could benefit from A "Health & Well-being" (or similar) forum. Sorry if I'm not the first person to suggest this, I did have a look.

This forum could include all of the threads that are constantly started about

-acne
    -skincare
    -hair (growth & removal)
    -depression
    -health related concerns
    -STDs
    -pregnancy
    -sexual health
    -why am I bleeding
    -I found a lump
    -etc, etc
    -what is the risk of me getting/catching/etc ....
    -training with disease/disability
    -overtraining
    -colds/flu

Yes there are better places in the world for these people to ask some of these questions, but the fact is they ask them here anyway. Ive seen many started today alone. Most of these type of questions are currently posted in the Exercise, nutrition, steroids, supplements, relationship and misc section. While some of them fit, most don't and require "OT" labels. People who ask questions in the misc don't usually have much luck...

Q: I am getting real bad acne on my nose and have tried almost everything, what do you suggest?
    A: Stop rubbing pizza on your face you fat ****

Q: Should I exfoliate more? my skin is always dry.
    A: Have you tried rubbing cum on it?
    A: Dont exfoliate you f@g
    A: PIITB

Anyway.... I think there are certainly enough people in this community and on these boards to warrant a forum like this (before any other subforums are created anyway).

It will be obvious when someone is giving out bad advice (there will be plenty of "misc doctors" etc) but the responsible and sensible members among us will spot them. Joking/trolling/etc should not be tolerated at all as in other serious sections. The "serious" tag should be default.

There are various qualified and knowledgable people on this board (myself one of them) but alot of bad mish-mash advice going around and I think this is a good idea. Centralising the health-related threads instead of them being in 7 different forums will help control the quality of them and keep other forums on topic. The intention is not to replace doctors advice or anything, just to improve the quality of advice that is given to all of these questions, and to help keep forums on topic (and keep "serious" threads out of the misc where they dont belong ). This topic is the one that pops up the most but doesnt have its own forum.

Alot of the supps sold here are for general health, rather than just getting ripped or hyooge, so the store should benefit from it too and may even be able to increase their product range.

This could be integrated with the new injury prevention/recovery forum, but I think there are enough of both types of threads on this forum to have them separately as well. Integrating would just mean one less forum to mod....

What do you guys think? Poll included

CLIFFS:

- Lots of questions asked about health/disease/disability/well-being but no forum for it
    - Currently posted as OT threads in about half a dozen other forums
    - A dedicated forum would improve the advice quality and keep all forums more on topic
    - There are enough of these posts/threads to warrant this IMO
    - Store could benefit as they sell alot of supps for health/wellbeing
    - BB.com community would benefit as a whole

VOTE!
    Last edited by Diab0lic; 10-15-2007 at 07:40 PM.

cupra16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cupra16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cupra16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cupra16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cupra16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cupra16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cupra16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cupra16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cupra16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cupra16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cupra16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good idea but..

In the relationship help section they have covered stds/sti sexual health/pregnancy/health supps etc.

About all the diseases/flus/cold/finding lumps.
    I don't think a internet forum is appropriate to ask these as you don't want some knucklehead thinking he's a qualified doctor behind a keyboard when he isn't.

You don't want some knucklehead telling someone to do this and that then he comes back and sues bb.com. Although it would be their fault from taking advice from a internet forum..

People can "say" they are qualified in this field and that field but i don't think many people will actually believe it, even though they are telling the truth.

I dunno man, just my 2 cents.
    I DO EVERYTHING FOR THE LULZ, SON.

Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cupra16 View Post
    Good idea but..

In the relationship help section they have covered stds/sti sexual health/pregnancy/health supps etc.

I don't think a internet forum is appropriate to ask these as you don't want some knucklehead thinking he's a qualified doctor behind a keyboard when he isn't.

You don't want some knucklehead telling someone to do this and that then he comes back and sues bb.com. Although it would be their fault from taking advice from a internet forum..

People can "say" they are qualified in this field and that field but i don't think many people will actually believe it, even though they are telling the truth.

I hear you, and I dont think a forum is the best place either, but thats what people do.... So many of these questions get asked every day I thought it could be justified. It would be busier than several of the existing forums.

And if people talked ****, they would get called out by those who knew the real deal. Same thing happens in the exercise, nutrition, steroids and other forums. If this never happened, noone would ever learn anything from this place.

I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cupra16 View Post
    Good idea but..

i think its a great idea. what this guy ^ says can also be said about the injury recovery section (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91) but they got a disclaimer in there (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2158711) and i think the same concept could be applied to this sub forum.

reps to op for good idea and funny examples (lol@rubbing cum and pizza on face)
    Last edited by I-Am-Iron-Man; 10-19-2007 at 05:13 PM.

Johnny Rotten is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnny Rotten is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnny Rotten is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnny Rotten is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnny Rotten is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnny Rotten is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnny Rotten is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnny Rotten is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnny Rotten is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnny Rotten is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnny Rotten is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Arrow Yes, this would improve advice quality

Good idea. A lot of people involved in sports/bodybuilding suffer from depression and this could be a good forum to discuss treatments and personal experience with it, along with the other topics you posted.

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This is an excellent idea btw.
    A hit was sent, from the President, to raid your residence /
    Because you had secret evidence, and documents /
    On how they raped the continents, and it's the prominent /
    Dominant Islamic, Asiatic Black Hebrew

- GZA "4th Chamber"

Thumbs up

Bump for thoughts!

Lots of threads posted today that would be best in this forum

Originally Posted by Diab0lic View Post
    Bump for thoughts!

Lots of threads posted today that would be best in this forum
    Ditto!

Exclamation

1300 people who read this thread didnt vote!

30 did....

You useless buggers!

VOTE!

StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    VOTE BISHES!!!
    ☆★★☆★Spring Cutters Crew☆★★☆★

1k+ w/link

sideways1 is just really nice. (+1000) sideways1 is just really nice. (+1000) sideways1 is just really nice. (+1000) sideways1 is just really nice. (+1000) sideways1 is just really nice. (+1000) sideways1 is just really nice. (+1000) sideways1 is just really nice. (+1000) sideways1 is just really nice. (+1000) sideways1 is just really nice. (+1000) sideways1 is just really nice. (+1000) sideways1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    voted. bleotch.

phantumx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phantumx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phantumx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phantumx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    really good idea
    i am for that

=T Bone= is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) =T Bone= is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) =T Bone= is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) =T Bone= is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) =T Bone= is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) =T Bone= is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) =T Bone= is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) =T Bone= is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) =T Bone= is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) =T Bone= is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) =T Bone= is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yes, theres alot of topics that people would like to ask about but cant without getting flamed or made fun of. I'm all for it. Voted

b_r_o_w_n will become famous soon enough. (+50) b_r_o_w_n will become famous soon enough. (+50) b_r_o_w_n will become famous soon enough. (+50) b_r_o_w_n will become famous soon enough. (+50) b_r_o_w_n will become famous soon enough. (+50) b_r_o_w_n will become famous soon enough. (+50) b_r_o_w_n will become famous soon enough. (+50) b_r_o_w_n will become famous soon enough. (+50) b_r_o_w_n will become famous soon enough. (+50) b_r_o_w_n will become famous soon enough. (+50) b_r_o_w_n will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bump

lost1700 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lost1700 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lost1700 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lost1700 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lost1700 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lost1700 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lost1700 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lost1700 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lost1700 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lost1700 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lost1700 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think it's a great idea, there should be a serious rule for the entire section. Don't put it under the misc. because it will be full of smart ass people making fun. Make it a section of and in itself.

It doesn't necessarily have to be Q & A type stuff, but rather a place where people can discuss health and fitness as opposed to just bodybuilding.

I approve.

Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000)
    i'm bumping, because i really do think this is a good idea... I think it is imperative that we get this subforum, because it would be a great place for informaiton about general well being. I post a lot in the nutrition section, but too many times, it is nutrition about bb, not healthy living..

hope this goes through
    200lbs. . . . . . . . . . . . I'll rep back 800+ :)
    YOUR BODY IS A TEMPLE, TRAIN ACCORDINGLY

Christ Followers... Go here for study & Reps :D
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113796121

Time Traveling Bunnies! V.H.9.8.4.'s Avatar
    V.H.9.8.4. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) V.H.9.8.4. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) V.H.9.8.4. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) V.H.9.8.4. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) V.H.9.8.4. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) V.H.9.8.4. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) V.H.9.8.4. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) V.H.9.8.4. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) V.H.9.8.4. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) V.H.9.8.4. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) V.H.9.8.4. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i like the idea, i think it is pretty good

-VH
    Impossible is Nothing

Thumbs up

Bump!

No matter what you think of the idea, make sure you vote!

~Mad Man of the Sea~ MacGyverDel's Avatar
    MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Cool

Originally Posted by Diab0lic View Post
    1300 people who read this thread didnt vote!

30 did....

You useless buggers!
    Well I voted and I have tried the sexual health a couple times and I have an inspirational thread in the OV35.

Probably the relationship section would be the best place. Pogue would have more info I believe to offer on this idea.
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

Healthy Body Healthy Mind

Thumbs up

Bump!

Vote!

kidloco is on a distinguished road. (+10) kidloco is on a distinguished road. (+10) kidloco is on a distinguished road. (+10) kidloco is on a distinguished road. (+10) kidloco is on a distinguished road. (+10) kidloco is on a distinguished road. (+10) kidloco is on a distinguished road. (+10) kidloco is on a distinguished road. (+10) kidloco is on a distinguished road. (+10) kidloco is on a distinguished road. (+10) kidloco is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

I voted, good idea bro especially the serious and OT tag should be a default.
    Some members do post really stupid things if the op is new and is serious but doesnt know about the (serious) tag.

TheMiscGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheMiscGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheMiscGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheMiscGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheMiscGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheMiscGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheMiscGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheMiscGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheMiscGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheMiscGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheMiscGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Wink

Yes, this would improve advice quality for a popular topic, keep forums on topic and benefit all.

Good luck!

Registered User bulletproofsoul's Avatar
    bulletproofsoul is just really nice. (+1000) bulletproofsoul is just really nice. (+1000) bulletproofsoul is just really nice. (+1000) bulletproofsoul is just really nice. (+1000) bulletproofsoul is just really nice. (+1000) bulletproofsoul is just really nice. (+1000) bulletproofsoul is just really nice. (+1000) bulletproofsoul is just really nice. (+1000) bulletproofsoul is just really nice. (+1000) bulletproofsoul is just really nice. (+1000) bulletproofsoul is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up Strongly support...excellent poll and relevant to fitness.

Definitely needed. I have experience/training/education in health/mental health care, although I don't work in those professions anymore (thankfully). I've spent hours answering those questions in the past to the point that it actually took time away from my own life but there are so many desperate, lost people who really have no knowledge or support system to get their needs met. Much of that time was spent debunking misinformation and attacking the haters for mocking people with serious problems.

I recall pm's or reps to mods urging such a section and recruiting qualified professionals to donate time to answer questions and refer people to resources and so on. One of the problems is that people who have received care advocate what worked for them, which isn't appropriate because it can represent a panacea for similar problems and won't necessarily work for everyone.

There are a lot of teens in particular who come from dysfunctional, single parent homes or parents who have abandoned them. They have issues ranging from confused sexuality to anger to abandonment, depression, anxiety, personality disorders, suicidal ideation, STD's, promiscuity, addiction to porn and inability to form intimate relationships, physical illnesses and so on, ad infinitum, ad nauseam.

Apparently, they have nowhere to turn except here and however inappropriate that may be, they are reaching out. While others' experiences can be helpful and help them know they aren't alone, advice from professionals that is sound/medically accepted seems to me to be required for such a section.

NO FLAMING or mocking should be tolerated which would be counterproductive for such a section and that would have to be vigorously enforced. Locking people out from that section if they were to engage in that could be an option rather than banning.

This is a health and fitness related web site. The mind and body are one and they work together. If one is "broken" it can interfere with bodybuilding/fitness/sports goals and health issues can affect mental health and then a vicious cycle begins. It's all about quality of life and it seems to me this web site is, at its core, all about that very thing.

So, thank you DiabOlic for posting this poll question because it is certainly a long standing issue and obviously there is a great demand out there for some sort of lifeline to people with these questions/problems/issues.

No worries dude!

BUMP & VOTE!

Not gona let this one die

raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think the injury prevention was full up with crap. This may be a good idea.

Gets my vote.
    Ansew to the few pms I've gotten since popping back on-line...

NO I never got full amount back from 'him', still owed for FAKE t3 and wu fee... More than a year on I can't be bothered to carry on chasing it up.. Unfortunatly word is he is on another bb community forum still selling

BUMP!

83% approval aint bad!

Keep the votes coming peeps

Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curl Master has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sounds like a good idea to me. It would help people to be able to get answers to their questions quicker without having to search through so many forums and cut down on so many threads getting started on the same topics
    Last edited by Curl Master; 01-30-2008 at 04:12 PM.

user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i like the idea, i think its fantstic and will help the clutter...

most importantly, the people who want to help, and the people who really do need help, will be united
    Gaspari Nutrition Rep and Overall BAMF
    www.gasparinutrition.com
    alec @ gasparinutrition.com

Turning into a pirate-grizzy bear hybrid! --- Bulkin to 230!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127371573

TRAIN INSANE: http://vimeo.com/7472199

Exclamation Update!

Cheers for all the votes guise!

I posted this same thread in teh misc and it was noticed by the ever-so-lovely Slamdunksam she emailed Ryan about it who thinks it's a great idea!

So now we wait...

Epictetus  IV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Epictetus  IV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Epictetus  IV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Epictetus  IV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Epictetus  IV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Epictetus  IV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Epictetus  IV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Epictetus  IV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Epictetus  IV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Epictetus  IV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Epictetus  IV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    voted, and bumped