dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What does keto breath smell like?

So this is sort of an odd question, but what does keto breath smell like? My brother and mom have been making comments lately that my breath doesn't smell so great but I'm not sure if it's keto or just something I'm eating maybe.

And if it is keto breath, does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with it? What do you guys do? I'm just so worried lately whenever I go to have a conversation with someone that my breath smells horrendous...

VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sounds like keto-breath to me! Some people say it resembles a metallic smell. In my case, I thought that it had more of a hamburger-meat smell. Either way, it's definately noticeable. Brushing often, using mouthwash and mints/gum are really the only ways to cope with it as far as I know.

HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've never smelled it before, but you exhale or excrete acetone from the breakdown of acetoacetate (Ketone body)
    If you've ever smelled acetone it is very strong and will make you light-headed. I doubt the breath is anywhere close to that
    Bachelor and Master of Exercise Science at Miami University

Doctorate of Physical Therapy Student at Jefferson College of Health Professions

Stayin' Shredded is what I do

It should be about health phabphour20's Avatar
    phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phabphour20 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dolphingurl View Post
    So this is sort of an odd question, but what does keto breath smell like? My brother and mom have been making comments lately that my breath doesn't smell so great but I'm not sure if it's keto or just something I'm eating maybe.

And if it is keto breath, does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with it? What do you guys do? I'm just so worried lately whenever I go to have a conversation with someone that my breath smells horrendous...
    I used to get it when I did Atkins back in the day. I don't get it anymore and I think the reason is that I drink so much more water these days. If you drink more water, that may help as more ketones are excreted in your urine.

-PP
    I just want to be healthy.

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Celery contains a potent and pleasant smelling pheremone (androstenedione-a plant steroid) which your body will excrete via the skin and breathe for days after consumption. Try eating raw celery and see if it helps.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Keto breath is sort of fruity. Not unpleasant, but noticable. Eating lots of greens, drinking lots of water should take care of it.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RU4A69 View Post
    Celery contains a potent and pleasant smelling pheremone (androstenedione-a plant steroid) which your body will excrete via the skin and breathe for days after consumption. Try eating raw celery and see if it helps.
    Thanks for all the replies.

The above point is really interesting. My mom in particular always comments too that my skin smells (I think it's partly in her head however... ) but maybe there's something to it. I do eat probably 2-3 stalks of celery every single day so maybe this is partly it?

I'll have to ask them what type of smell it is, my brother usually says 'vegetables', but it's because I eat a lot of vegetables so they just place blame on that (they don't know anything about keto).

I'll definitely increase my water intake then if that can help solve it. I LOVE this diet so much and would really like to stay on it long term (at maintanence) but I don't want everyone to be disgusted when I speak.

Thanks again for the advice!

Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10)

LOL

Well.... I periodically use breath mints. LOL

I take a little vinegar prior to eating (allegedly helps with digestion and burning fat) and that takes care of some of it.

I gargle regularly, and I have a little "misting" spray bottle that I put cepacol in to spray in my mouth every once in a while.

Tim
    Tiny Tim

"In other words your body can't make fat without crabs." - Athletichunta

Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for all the replies.

The above point is really interesting. My mom in particular always comments too that my skin smells (I think it's partly in her head however... ) but maybe there's something to it. I do eat probably 2-3 stalks of celery every single day so maybe this is partly it?

I'll have to ask them what type of smell it is, my brother usually says 'vegetables', but it's because I eat a lot of vegetables so they just place blame on that (they don't know anything about keto).

I'll definitely increase my water intake then if that can help solve it. I LOVE this diet so much and would really like to stay on it long term (at maintanence) but I don't want everyone to be disgusted when I speak.

Thanks again for the advice!

I tend to put off a metallic kind of smell when I walk.

Tim
    Tiny Tim

"In other words your body can't make fat without crabs." - Athletichunta

ironchef snugglefcuk x buhlayz x's Avatar
    x buhlayz x is on a distinguished road. (+10) x buhlayz x is on a distinguished road. (+10) x buhlayz x is on a distinguished road. (+10) x buhlayz x is on a distinguished road. (+10) x buhlayz x is on a distinguished road. (+10) x buhlayz x is on a distinguished road. (+10) x buhlayz x is on a distinguished road. (+10) x buhlayz x is on a distinguished road. (+10) x buhlayz x is on a distinguished road. (+10) x buhlayz x is on a distinguished road. (+10) x buhlayz x is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i read somewhere that it smells like 'rotten apple cores'
    im paranoid about breath anyway so i never am without my sugarfree gum
    it's as satisfying to me as cumming is,
    you know, having sex with a woman and cumming.
    so can you believe how much i am in heaven?
    i am like getting the feeling of cumming in the gym
    im getting the feeling of cumming at home,
    im getting the feeling of cumming backstage
    when i pump up,
    when i pose out in front of 5000 people
    i get the same feeling,
    so im cumming day and night!

Originally Posted by x buhlayz x View Post
    i read somewhere that it smells like 'rotten apple cores'
    im paranoid about breath anyway so i never am without my sugarfree gum
    Yah sugar free gum is what I've been using lately too. I use mouthwash in the morning but it doesn't seem to work because usually I'll get the most comments about an hour or so later (it seems to mostly be in the morning for some reason). Who knows...maybe it's the mouthwash making it worse. Wouldn't think so but it might hurt to try a different brand.

mikehosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

if its keto breath then start having carbs in your diet, you must not be getting a healthy amount. dont overdo the protein and leave out the carbs completely, just eat healthy carbs, like fruits and whole grains.

if its just bad breath, then you need a good tounge scraper. Orabrush is excellent

SaganX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SaganX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SaganX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SaganX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SaganX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SaganX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SaganX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SaganX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SaganX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SaganX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SaganX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mikehosh View Post
    if its keto breath then start having carbs in your diet, you must not be getting a healthy amount. dont overdo the protein and leave out the carbs completely, just eat healthy carbs, like fruits and whole grains.

if its just bad breath, then you need a good tounge scraper. Orabrush is excellent
    uhm, what?

Do you not understand what keto is or what?

Forever Musclebound aaaaaaaaaachooo's Avatar
    aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mikehosh View Post

Strong first post.
    Strong resurrection from 2007.
    LOL!
    505 / 315 / 545

Missimia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Missimia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Missimia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Missimia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Missimia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Missimia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Missimia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Missimia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Missimia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Missimia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Missimia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mine smells sweet, but usually only during workouts? Haven't noticed a metallic taste. There are great sprays you can get that don't just cover up bad breath with a strong mint smell, they neutralize it. Like Febreeze for your mouth. That is what I always recommend

ramymounir has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ramymounir has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ramymounir has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ramymounir has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Keto breath is sort of fruity. Not unpleasant, but noticable. Eating lots of greens, drinking lots of water should take care of it.
    how can i eat lots of greens when i need to avoid carbs??

grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ramymounir View Post
    Low carb vegetable list.
    Fiber does not count as carbs since it is indigestible.
    http://www.ketogenic-diet-resource.c...egetables.html
    You can fit a crapload of veggies into under 15 carbs if you pick the right stuff.

Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ramymounir View Post
    Spinach and kale don't have many carbs
    Angels

KetoLove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Missimia View Post
    Mine smells sweet, but usually only during workouts? Haven't noticed a metallic taste. There are great sprays you can get that don't just cover up bad breath with a strong mint smell, they neutralize it. Like Febreeze for your mouth. That is what I always recommend
    What is the name of that stuff?