up comming Arnold :) JK linkinpark's Avatar
    linkinpark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

what am i suppose to du my upper chest is getting flat..

.... what am i suppose to du my upper chest area is flat and i want to embose it so which exercise would be better for me to improve my upper chest need ur suggesion here it iz my chest picture.

Strength Training Jimus Maximus's Avatar
    Jimus Maximus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimus Maximus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimus Maximus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimus Maximus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimus Maximus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimus Maximus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimus Maximus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimus Maximus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimus Maximus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimus Maximus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimus Maximus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It may help if you provide a full picture of your chest, that way we can give more specific advice

I am by no means an expert but I am currently working on my upper chest as it's lagging a little. The following has helped me

Incline bench press should help develop your upper chest. Also, dips work the hell out of my chest - when I really lean forward into these my upper chest feels fuller.

The positioning of where your bench is in relation to the bar may also help. It may be that you need to bring the bar / DBs a little towards you, in line with your upper chest. in other words move the bench forwards a little so the bar is higher up on your chest

There's also some excellent excercises you can do using the cables. I'm a big fan of this one
    http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...BLyingFly.html
    varying the bench angle will help you find the best angle to hit up your upper chest.

finally, old skool as this may be - press-ups are a great aid to a full chest
    Last edited by Jimus Maximus; 06-17-2005 at 05:15 AM.
    ~Stay afloat on the reality boat~

LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Try out Atrainer's flies. Much like standard cable flyes, but without handles, and using supinated grip.......

best,
    ~lifer
    They ARE who we THOUGHT they were.....

up comming Arnold :) JK linkinpark's Avatar
    linkinpark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up ok

besides inclined bench press what should i tack flying or dumble press or both can you tell me the sequence???????????? ...thknx
    Name :Salman Khan
    Arm :15 inches
    Max bench wait :198 LBS /90 kg
    woried about no cuts damn !

Registered User GayNaziForJesus's Avatar
    GayNaziForJesus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Nothing is better for upper chest than incline dumbell press

J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Question

I'm not sure what you mean by embose the upper chest.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by linkinpark
    .... what am i suppose to du my upper chest area is flat and i want to embose it so which exercise would be better for me to improve my upper chest need ur suggesion here it iz my chest picture.
    Incline dumbbell presses (vary the bench angle from 30-45 between workouts) and incline flyes. And when you're not at the gym, do pushups, both flat and with your feet elevated on a chair. And be patient. This is all basic stuff but it works.

failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    military press

agex000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I couldn't agree more with the Gay Nazi. Incline Dumbell Press is one of the most effective.

lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by linkinpark
    only suggestion i have for you is to start your chest workout with db inclines .that way you havent exhausted yourself from doing another exe first .this way you are foccussing on your upper chest more.
    if you want good training advice , dont ask the biggest guy in the gym. ask the guy who's made the most improvement

Jimus Maximus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimus Maximus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimus Maximus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimus Maximus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimus Maximus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimus Maximus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimus Maximus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimus Maximus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimus Maximus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimus Maximus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimus Maximus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by lonewolfshome
    only suggestion i have for you is to start your chest workout with db inclines .that way you havent exhausted yourself from doing another exe first .this way you are foccussing on your upper chest more.
    Good point. Totally agree here. From experience I find I get more out of my chest workouts hitting the upper chest first, it allows me to go heavier.

Chest day is by far my fave, my chest grows freekishly easier than the rest of me! LOL!

question about dips

Recently added dips to my chest workout - questions is what is the difference between the dips to work the chest and tricep dips? Are these the same exercise?

When I do 'chest dips' I try to lean forward more as I feel it more in my chest and for tri's I keep myself pretty straight up. Am I doing this right?

For either chest or tri dips is it best to have the handles wide or narrow?

I ask this because I always try my best to have 100% correct form.

dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Jimus Maximus
    Recently added dips to my chest workout - questions is what is the difference between the dips to work the chest and tricep dips? Are these the same exercise?

When I do 'chest dips' I try to lean forward more as I feel it more in my chest and for tri's I keep myself pretty straight up. Am I doing this right?

For either chest or tri dips is it best to have the handles wide or narrow?

I ask this because I always try my best to have 100% correct form.
    Yep you're doing it right. For chest dips you just lean forward a bit which puts emphasis on the lower pecs. For tricep dips you just do them straight up and down so to speak.
    I prefer to have the handles fairly narrow because it hurts my shoulders if they are too wide and it is bad for your shoulders to use too wide of a grip. Just use a width that feels comfortable and 'right' for you...

Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GayNaziForJesus
    Nothing is better for upper chest than incline dumbell press
    absolutely.... ditto
    and as lonewolfshome syas .. do them first.. warm up and go heavy