agustuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

In need of Strength routine, suggestions wanted.

Hi all, well this is my first post, I've been working out for a few years now, i've been looking around these boards for a few years now (never neeeded to register becuase I was able to find all the info I needed threw the search feature) but ya So here I am, and stuck on a new routine.

Well I am looking for a routine that will add definate strength as a primary and mass as a secondary. I'm just looking for raw strength right now.

I'm been just doing like 3 set of 6 reps for all my (sometimes just two sets depending on the muscle group)

I used the search feature and could not find anything that I really was looing for so I hope some of you bro's could help me out here.

Well, I want a 3 day split, with (back/biceps/traps) (Legs/abs) and (Chest/triceps/shoulders)

If I should change that shout it i'm open for suggestions.

Well What do you guys think? can you help me out? it's summer so it's gonna be another great time of intense training.

I forgot to mention that I will not be doing cardio, it's a bulk sorta speak, anything goes, but good foods that is.

just want like sets and reps for the diff muscles, and execersizes
    peace,

Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you are looking for raw strength then focus mainly on squats, deadlifts and benchpress. Train like a powerlifter and it will help you develop good strength. Try 5x5 or 3x3 type training in the big 3.
    Less food means less weight. More weight on bar means get stronger. Guy farts while squatting means great laughter. -Dan John-

kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    in my opinion, for fast way to gain strength, doing a full-body workout will achieve juz that. u can do splits later (after a few weeks) when u have finished with the strength period.

try simething like this:
    flat bench 5x5
    squats 5x5
    Bb rows 5x5
    SLDL 4x6
    military press 5x5
    bb curl 4x8
    deadlifts 5x5

u can altarnate this routine with other compound exercises
    live strong, be strong

Originally Posted by kingcarlos
    in my opinion, for fast way to gain strength, doing a full-body workout will achieve juz that. u can do splits later (after a few weeks) when u have finished with the strength period.

try simething like this:
    flat bench 5x5
    squats 5x5
    Bb rows 5x5
    SLDL 4x6
    military press 5x5
    bb curl 4x8
    deadlifts 5x5

u can altarnate this routine with other compound exercises
    I have read alot of this 5x5 is it really that effective?

kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    from what i ve been doin: Yes. but different people have different responses to the programmes. so i cant garantee u that u can have fast or alot of strength gains. but alot people have good gains from it so i recommend this to u. there are some hypertrophy exercises in my suggested routine cuz u need to strength the stablizing muscles in order to have gd strength gains. im doin 5x5 for all my exercises for now, but after a few weeks i will switch to hypertrophy routine to build some muscles as that will be needed if u want continous strength gains
    live strong, be strong

Oh of course I realize everyone does react different, it just seems like i have gotten to a plateau, and I want a new program, I do get your idea of strengthing the major muscles to stabalization, that's makes alot of sense. So I think I will have to try this, It does seem like so few excersizes though. I suppose the 5x5 makes up for that

as i said, the first few weeks (let's say 4 weeks), is primairy for u to build up ur strength first. then during the next few weeks, its for u to build some mass in order to continue ur strength growth.

here's a link to the 5x5 routine.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=471605
    live strong, be strong

as i said, the first few weeks (let's say 4 weeks), is primairy for u to build up ur strength first. then during the next few weeks, its for u to build some mass in order to continue ur strength growth.

here's a link to the 5x5 routine.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=471605

Would you do this routine twice a week? every 4 days you think? O i would just have to see how long it takes for me to recover?

3-4 times per week will be gd enough. over doin it will never benefit u, especailly since u r doin strength routine. remember to use heavy weights. but not go to failure until the last or last 2 sets.
    live strong, be strong

3-4 times per week will be gd enough. over doin it will never benefit u, especailly since u r doin strength routine. remember to use heavy weights. but not go to failure until the last or last 2 sets.
    Well I think i will be doing it 3 days a week, every other day I guess, I'll have to see how I fell, thanks alot King Carlos I really needed to hear all this, very good information, thanks alot for the help, I'll get on it and let ya know how it turns out. thanks alot

Talking

sure, start a log in the journal section to keep us updated
    live strong, be strong

highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Defranco's Westside for Skinny Bastards is the best strength program i have used so far.
    "The biggest risk in life is not taking one"

"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. " - John Wooden

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing"