petey D has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petey D has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petey D has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petey D has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petey D has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petey D has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petey D has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petey D has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petey D has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petey D has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petey D has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

whats best height for bodybuilders/strongman?

i wana know what is the best height for bodybuilders or strongman and wana know whats the average height. Is there also a difference if ur higher is it harder for you 2 lift about ur head or shorter better. i wana know things lik that?
    rep my point higher pleaz!!!

Camel Baron is just really nice. (+1000) Camel Baron is just really nice. (+1000) Camel Baron is just really nice. (+1000) Camel Baron is just really nice. (+1000) Camel Baron is just really nice. (+1000) Camel Baron is just really nice. (+1000) Camel Baron is just really nice. (+1000) Camel Baron is just really nice. (+1000) Camel Baron is just really nice. (+1000) Camel Baron is just really nice. (+1000) Camel Baron is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you are tall than you are going to have to hold the weight higher above your head due to your arms being longer.

petey D has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petey D has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petey D has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petey D has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petey D has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petey D has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petey D has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petey D has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petey D has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petey D has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petey D has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yea i know that but would it be harder for a 6'3 guy to do it then a 5'8 guy
    rep my point higher pleaz!!!

MoTv8ed to be the BIGGEST MoTv8's Avatar
    MoTv8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    generally yes.
    to my understanding (Correct me if im wrong). the taller you are, the harder you have to work. like for example someone who's 6 foot tall, has a arm span of 6 foot also, which means theres more length, meaning u need more muscle to get better proportions.... as opposed to a 5 foot guy who obviously also has a arm span of 5 foot.
    ohhh btw dont always apply this, as theres all different body types at different hight eg. a 5 foot ectomorph will more than likely have to work harder, than a 6 foot mesomorph.....
    ------
    Reps appreciated... :-)
    -----
    anymore more Q's either private message me or ask here...

MoTv8ed to be the BIGGEST MoTv8's Avatar
    MoTv8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ohhh i forgot to add. i personally think the best hight for a bodybuilder/pro bodybuilder is 5'9" once u hit 6 foot territory its a new matter. but dont get me wrong as arnold 6'2" is down as best bb/proportioned man to ever live. and ive heard of/read of many , many more 6'5" bodybuilders, and so on......
    but too all you under 6 footers, that are mesomorph (body type). u more than likely have some potential.....
    :-)
    feel free to correct me, if you other guys feel/think differently.

Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    the shorter you are in bodybuilding the better... because the shorter you are the more easily you look massive. in strongman, the taller you are the better. why? i dunno, but most of the guys in it are way over 6 foot!
    hail murder. **** you.

eatingmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eatingmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eatingmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eatingmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eatingmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eatingmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eatingmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eatingmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eatingmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eatingmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eatingmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    probably around 5''9

anonymous
    yea homy. 5'9 club datz me.

Official Board Barbarian The Kurgan's Avatar
    The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you're too short in strongman competitions you just won't have the same leverage. But if you're too tall then you have to move things further. So average height (5"11-6"2 in Britain, I think) seems to be best for strongmen.

Since in bodybuilding it's all about aesthetics, I'd image than build is much more important than height.
    "... like a spring storm in an eastern wind, retiring only to return with more fury."

- James Hogg

J0EL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It may be easier for shorter people to look big, but if your taller you will look/be freaking huge. Not only will you be ripped, but youll be taller than alot of people too. Don't think too many people would want to mess with you then.

is d-bol a good steroid?? MrTestosterone's Avatar
    MrTestosterone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrTestosterone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrTestosterone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrTestosterone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrTestosterone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrTestosterone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrTestosterone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrTestosterone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrTestosterone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrTestosterone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrTestosterone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd say for BB the shorter the better (Lee Priest 5'4'', looks wider than he is tall!)

For strongman, height can also be a disadvantage (the taller you are, the higher the weight has to go up!) In events like atlas stones where you have to lift stones up on to a platform, height can be an advantage though!!

I myself am slightly shorter than average (5'8'')
    I am a troll. Feel free to feed me.

ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    being shorter is definitely an advantage for both bodybuilding and powerlifting. Like mentioned before, arm span plays a big role because the weight will be farther from the piviot point, thus creatine more force on the system (your arm).

Plus for lifting weight above your head shorter is the way to go. it all boils down to that annoying physics equation Work = Force x Distance. So the smaller the distance, the less work required. Some of you may remember a powerlifter from a few years ago who called himself the spiderman. He was 5'2" unless I'm mistaken, and he would place top 3 at pretty much any powerlifting compitition.

This is all not to say that you're screwed if you're tall, it'll just take longer to get the same proportions as someone short. but when you do get there, being tall is much more impressive.

That's my 2 cents on the subject
    "Bodybuilding is not a pastime, it's a way of life"

pires_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) pires_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) pires_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) pires_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) pires_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) pires_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) pires_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) pires_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) pires_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) pires_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50) pires_gun will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool

Look at Lee priest he is so short yet so wonderful. Height doesn't matters.