Strength From Withen PainThriller's Avatar
    PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Trap Bar Deadlift

Has anyone here ever used a trap bar for deads? We do at school for football and were strength testing today for that. bench, and squat. It have just recently noticed that it feels a bit harder than a normal strait bar dead, is it supposed to feel that way, or am i just retarded? To me it looks like it should be easier.

Peace
    Bench: 500 Paused Inzer Rage Single Ply (training @ 198 lbs) RAW Bench: 410 @ 195, 415 @ 202, Best RAW Bench Reps: 320 X 11, 340 X 6 (heavily fatigued to), 350 X 5, 375 X 3 Paused, 370 X 4, Best 230 for Reps Set: 30 Reps, Incline: 355
    Squat: 540 (belt/wraps well below paralell)
    Deadlift: 520 RAW just a belt.
    Total: 1510 @ 216 LBS and 20 years old

Best Competition Bench Press: 430 Lbs @ 216 Lbs (Dont worry, this WILL VASTLY IMPROVE!!!!!)

SHWStrongarm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SHWStrongarm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SHWStrongarm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SHWStrongarm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    They're not necessarily easier or harder, but they're a totally differant lift. They are no substitute for deadlift. I'd say it resembles a squat more then a deadlift from where the weight centers itself. They almost eliminate the back out of the deadlift from what I've seen, which is one of the main reasons for deadlifting along with a sport. So I say get all the straight-bar deadlifts you can.
    Hard to the Core