2Ripped4U will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2Ripped4U will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2Ripped4U will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2Ripped4U will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2Ripped4U will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2Ripped4U will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2Ripped4U will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2Ripped4U will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2Ripped4U will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2Ripped4U will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2Ripped4U will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Importance of Nutrition

By:Sean Quade From Bodybuilding.com

The most important part of bodybuilding is nutrition.Without proper nutrition, supplementation and hydration you will make little or no gains and find yourself very frustrated and most likely quit because you won't be seeing any gains. The importance of raw materials for your body to use for muscle growth cannot be stressed enough, and I suggest the first thing you do as a beginner is learn about proper nutrition.
    First off, you must understand that there are three macro nutrients concerned with bodybuilding which are:Protein,Carbs,and fat.So lets talk protein first!

Proteins, which have various amino acids are the actual building blocks of muscle tissue. Protein builds, repairs and maintains your muscles, and is very important to the bodybuilder since frequent intense weight lifting puts such a high demand for it on your body. In order to achieve maximum growth, a wide range of amino acids must be consumed every day. There are 20 amino acids, and the human body naturally produces 12 of them, but the others, called "essential amino acids" can only be obtained through food. You need to get a good protein intake to make sure you grow, but many people out there will take their protein consumption to absolutely un-necessary amounts, and this is a problem I feel needs to be addressed. Over excessive protein intake has a harmful effect on both the kidney's and liver and makes the human body burn valuable protein for energy. Keep protein consumption to the ideal amount depending on your bodyweight, there is no need to over-do it.Stick with 1gm-1.5gms of protein per pound of your weight.

Their are different sources of protein.
    The system of ranking different sources of proteins is called the Biological Value (BV). The higher the BV, the faster the protein is absorbed and used within the body. Here are the best sources of protein and their BV's:

Whey protein,derived from milk, this protein is by far the best source available. With a maximum BV of 157 (note that normally a BV cannot be higher than 100, but keep this amount in mind as an approximation) , this protein is absorbed the fastest and most efficiently. Found in powder form and mixed with milk or water, it can be found in supplement/health food stores, Some good quality brands are Prolab, Sportpharma and Optimum Nutrition.

Egg Protein- Before whey was marketed, the old fashioned egg was the leading source of protein, containing a maximum BV of 100. The reason being that there is a complete animal inside an egg.Some bodybuilders avoid this source because they don't like the taste of eggs everyday, but it is nearly perfect and very convenient to use because it can be eaten in many different styles.

Milk Protein - This protein is a blend of casein and whey ahs a maximum BV of 91. The whey is fast acting and provides you with protein quickly and the casein in milk is slow developing, this is why many bodybuilders drink milk before they go to bed. A very convenient source as well, and can be added to whey shakes to get some slow developing protein also. Casein supplements are also made in powder form.

Meat Protein - Beef, tuna and chicken all have excellent sources of protein, containing a maximum BV of 80. Also, meats contain creatine, a naturally made compound that produces energy for muscles through the bloodstream, than is converted into phosphocreatine which supplies muscles with ATP

I will put the rest up in a min.
    Last edited by 2Ripped4U; 06-09-2005 at 01:38 PM.

2Ripped4U will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2Ripped4U will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2Ripped4U will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2Ripped4U will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2Ripped4U will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2Ripped4U will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2Ripped4U will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2Ripped4U will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2Ripped4U will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2Ripped4U will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2Ripped4U will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Carbohydrates are the body's most readily available source of energy, fuel the muscle building and other life process while sparing the protein you consume to be used for muscle growth. But any unused carbohydrates can be easily stored as body fat, so the time of consumption will determine if they will be stored as fat or not. The trick is to consume just enough carbs to keep your body out of a ketonic state (using protein for energy). Ketosis is not a desired state to be in, because it will eventually lead to your body using muscle tissue for energy, which is obviously not good. A good rule is for every gram of protein you consume, consume 2 of a carbohydrate. Also, get a wide range of both simple and complex, and use the two sources to their advantage.

There are two different sources of carbohydrates we are concerned about:

Simple - These are the fastest acting sources, and provide the body with quick energy.Common sources are fruits, fruit juices and sugar.

Complex - These are slow acting sources and provide you with long term energy. Common sources are pastas, breads, rice and oatmeal.

Fats:
    Contrary to popular belief, fats are essential for building muscle mass and help your body function properly. Fats are also the body's source of stored energy, protect inner organs, and act as an insulator for the human body to keep warm.

the two main types are:

Saturated - Stay away from these fats as much as possible, they are usually found in beef. Keep saturated fat intake to a minimum.As they help in gaining fat.

Unsaturated - These fats are stored for energy and actually help muscle building. Almost every food contains some unsaturated fat.

Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000)
    Grasshoppers are 61% protein, along with high percentages for a variety of insects.

Why don't bodybuilders have these? Apparently, they are very tasty.

Note: I see myself trying one out in my lifetime... even without the chance to WIN $1 MILLION DOLLARS.

Jicsto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jicsto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice post 2R4U, some important fundamentals in there. Good work

I'm still tinkering with my diet to try to get the most from it. I found it's quite a challenge to completely turn around your diet. I used to eat so much junk food it was embarrassing, however, it's been quite a while since I've picked up the phone and ordered a meat-feast pizza lol.

Originally Posted by Jicsto
    Nice post 2R4U, some important fundamentals in there. Good work

I'm still tinkering with my diet to try to get the most from it. I found it's quite a challenge to completely turn around your diet. I used to eat so much junk food it was embarrassing, however, it's been quite a while since I've picked up the phone and ordered a meat-feast pizza lol.
    thanks,I didn't write lol I got it from bb.com

Jicsto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jicsto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 2Ripped4U
    thanks,I didn't write lol I got it from bb.com
    Well you brought it to my attention, I probably would have overlooked it otherwise.

bump for more replies

phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    damn it i've been eating at least 1 pound fo beef a day for the past week....now i hear it is full of bad fats.....damn U!

mother of an f'er
    o well....ill eat the rest of my meat tonight and then buy some crappy chicken...
    true protein.com (no space)
    Highest quality supplements for the lowest prices. No joke. Check it out!
    Use the discount code "AXM421" to save an extra 5%!

juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by phrozen
    damn it i've been eating at least 1 pound fo beef a day for the past week....now i hear it is full of bad fats.....damn U!

mother of an f'er
    o well....ill eat the rest of my meat tonight and then buy some crappy chicken...

meat is a very anabolic food.

nothing like eating a nice 12oz steak(sirloin, lean) and large salad w/ low fat newmans dressing as a final meal of the day.

dont worry about, unless your buying cheap ass ground beef that is 25% fat, you should be ok.

JC
    "Wow Strong Arms"

Originally Posted by phrozen

mother of an f'er
    lol time to bump up cardio and lower cals a little lmao

j/p a little

phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm buying extra lean....it doesn't say what % it is but it says extra lean so I just put it down as 5% fat and if I get just lean I write down 10% fat.

and its actually not that many calories....and if I get fat I could care less....I just want a **** load of muscle

sure im trying to avoid fat gain but im just saying I can deal with it unlike some people
    true protein.com (no space)
    Highest quality supplements for the lowest prices. No joke. Check it out!
    Use the discount code "AXM421" to save an extra 5%!

juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000)
    i wouldnt worry about it.

how are you eating it? with what?

what does the meal itself look like??

JC
    "Wow Strong Arms"

bump

bump this ttt

bump

(no homo is implied) keepemseparated's Avatar
    keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Jacked_J
    Grasshoppers are 61% protein, along with high percentages for a variety of insects.

Why don't bodybuilders have these? Apparently, they are very tasty.

Note: I see myself trying one out in my lifetime... even without the chance to WIN $1 MILLION DOLLARS.
    I started a thread called "the bugs of bodybuilding" or something like that. It explained that worms would be good for bodybuilders. I'll pull the link up in a minute...

KES
    "Ignore the ramblings of the ignorant, and step on or over their crumpled bodies as you make your way to the top of the mountain. Eat upon their flesh for fuel and through your determination and will, banish them to obscurity anda life of complacency and self righteousness that is the hell in which they live."

-Richard Safreed

keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) keepemseparated has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    "Ignore the ramblings of the ignorant, and step on or over their crumpled bodies as you make your way to the top of the mountain. Eat upon their flesh for fuel and through your determination and will, banish them to obscurity anda life of complacency and self righteousness that is the hell in which they live."

-Richard Safreed

Originally Posted by keepemseparated
    I started a thread called "the bugs of bodybuilding" or something like that. It explained that worms would be good for bodybuilders. I'll pull the link up in a minute...

KES
    good cause I dunno what I would do without bugs and worms in my diet

Originally Posted by 2Ripped4U
    good cause I dunno what I would do without bugs and worms in my diet
    Hahaha! I forgot to mention: good article!

KES

-Richard Safreed

Originally Posted by keepemseparated
    Hahaha! I forgot to mention: good article!

KES
    lol thanks

Thumbs up

another bump

ttt

Exclamation

well ttt we go again!!!For more replies

bump for all the boards *******s to hopefully learn something

popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) popeye_99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No offense, that is a good article^^^. But Sean Quade's stats says he has 16'' legs I think it was (last time I checked his homepage!)... my arms are bigger than that

Originally Posted by popeye_99
    No offense, that is a good article^^^. But Sean Quade's stats says he has 16'' legs I think it was (last time I checked his homepage!)... my arms are bigger than that
    lol prolly,but I've never seen him just got the article none taken at all

Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by popeye_99

I would assume that is calves, your calves and arms should be the same size proprtionally.

But.. why does it matter how big his legs are, or any part of him. I'm guessing some of the best trainers in the world aren't much into doing it themselves, but sure as hell know their **** on how to get other people jacked.
    Hai guise.