Hoax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Does donating plasma affect muscle growth or fat loss?

I got my hours cut recently so I've been donating plasma for some extra cash twice a week. I've never heard of this happening, but just wanted to make sure this would not affect my fat loss or muscle growth in any way before I do anymore of it. If it does then I"ll consider going PT at McDonalds.

Hoax

bob.roher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bob.roher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bob.roher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bob.roher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bob.roher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bob.roher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bob.roher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bob.roher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bob.roher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bob.roher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bob.roher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't you think it's better to just be happy that you can donate and are possibly saving a life? There's more to life than bodybuilding. And I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you're planning on competing on stage soon. The bandaid can be a bit of a bitch to tan around.
    "This is the excellent foppery of the world, that when we are sick in fortune, often the surfeits of our own behaviour, we make guilty of our disasters the sun, the moon, and stars" - King Lear: Act I, Scene II

branndon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) branndon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) branndon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) branndon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) branndon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) branndon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) branndon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) branndon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) branndon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how much you get for donating?
    "Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you are right."
    reps appreciated
    8-25-05.....193.4 13.6% First day of bulk
    8-31-05.....194.6 13.6%
    9-7-05.......194.8 13.6% Week off of workout
    9-14-05.....198.2 ?? Fat/water gains
    9-21-05.....199.8 13.6% workouts been lagging
    9-28-05.....200.8 13.6% workouts ok this week
    10-7-05.....201.6 11.6% ?
    11-2-05.....210 14%? gained fat, worked out less and ate worse

Prove you're worth a damn DJohnson's Avatar
    DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000)
    It should cause you to burn a few more calories actually. I don't see any reason why it would negatively affect fat loss. Make extra sure you're well hydrated though, both before and after you donate plasma.
    History: Mar, 2001: 135lbs @ ~14% | Nov, 2004: 245lbs @ ~40% | Dec, 2006: 168lbs @ 5.5%ish | Nov, 2008: 177lbs @ 5.5%ish | Dec, 2016: 179lbs

Hoax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bob.roher
    Don't you think it's better to just be happy that you can donate and are possibly saving a life? There's more to life than bodybuilding. And I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you're planning on competing on stage soon. The bandaid can be a bit of a bitch to tan around.

It's great that I could possibly be saving a life by donating plasma but I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't need the money. Trust me, there's no shortage of people who are willing to donate twice a week for a whopping 50 bucks. After all these people gotta buy their cigarettes, beer and cotex pads.

Originally Posted by branndon
    how much you get for donating?

If you donate once you get 20 bucks. If you donate a second time in the same week you get 30 so you can make 50 dollars a week if you donate twice in the same calender week. That and my pt job beats workin' 9-5 while I'm still in school.

stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000)

Originally Posted by Hoax
    It's great that I could possibly be saving a life by donating plasma but I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't need the money. Trust me, there's no shortage of people who are willing to donate twice a week for a whopping 50 bucks. After all these people gotta buy their cigarettes, beer and cotex pads.
    When I was in college, I spent one summer pumping gas downtown in the city where the school was. Near the gas station was a plasma center, and a group of local derelicts and homeless people would go there on a weekly basis to give, then bring the cash they made to the station to buy junk food. We called them "The Plasmatics".

Here in MI the county I live in has a Christmas light display in one of the parks, a park that's along several miles of a 2-lane road. After sunset during the holiday season, they shut off access to the park unless you "donate" $5.00 to see the lights.

Getting back to the original question: I seriously doubt that it would have any more noticable effect than a cheat meal would.

C.K.

big_nose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_nose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_nose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    50 bucks a week, hot damn. Can't wait to get back to the states.

nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Educated guess - Your body will have to create more plasma then normal to replace what was donated = higher RMR for a period of time following the donation. How much higher? No clue, I would guess less than 1-2%.