Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    infornet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Great tool!!! Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by goghua View Post
    Ok, so I already posted this in the Misc section, but I got some positive feedback and a suggestion to post it here as well...

So, I thought I would share the spreadsheet that I put together to track my workouts, you will find it attached to this thread.

On the first tab of the workbook you will a set of instructions on how to use it.

I would love to hear some feedback, comments, suggestions, etc. on how I can improve it.

Thanks!

DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Very nice op. Just a couple of things:

1) Make sure you protect your worksheets/workout books. Dont want people changing formulas and such
    2) Use conditional formatting and data validation. IE, only numbers allowed when entering weight and reps
    3) The "0" everywhere can be overwhelming, and they aren't really needed. Like on the "Week" Sheets, a simple formula could be "=IF(OR(D5="",E5=""),"",D5*E5)"
    4) If not all 12 weeks of data is inputted, it can look like the charts "Fall off a cliff". Couple ways to fix this:
    a) XL wont plot "NA()", so if you put in your formula "if (whatever data)="", NA(), whatever data
    b) use the offset function to have xl plot a growing list of numbers.
    -Formulas-Name Manager-New
    -Create a name
    - in the "Refers to"
    =OFFSET(Progress!$V$3,0,0,COUNTIF(Progress!$V$3:$V $14,">0"),1)
    -this will make the "Total Weight per week" chart only show when the data has values>0
    -Just go to Edit series, and add the name of your new formula after the sheet name and you are good
    5) Hide unused rows and columns. Go to last col and hit "ctl+shift+right arrow", right click hide. Go to last row of data, "Ctl+shift+down arrow" right click and hide. Make it look much cleaner.
    6) Turn off grid lines and headings.

Perhaps alot of this is just my nitpicking, because the sheet is really nice. Though I have found the offset function to be one of the most useful functions
    My Workout Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146169983&pagenumber=

"It is while struggling against the heaviest weights a human body can move that the demand for courage is incessant."
    -Mike Mentzer

PolH94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This may be one old ass post, but I LOVE this ! awesome job Goghua!!!
    "Can't" is not in my vocabulary!!!

PolH94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have one question about this sheet... If I want to add one more set, so there will be 6 sets instead of 5, how do I do that ? Can anyone tell me that ?
    "Can't" is not in my vocabulary!!!

natedummelow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Updated Workout Template with 10 Sets and Seperate Pages for Graphs

Originally Posted by PolH94 View Post
    I have one question about this sheet... If I want to add one more set, so there will be 6 sets instead of 5, how do I do that ? Can anyone tell me that ?
    Here you go dude, i just finished the formulas to complete the workout template. Will probably improve it more for usability and will post again.

Hope this helps
    Attached Files

JTswole is on a distinguished road. (+10) JTswole is on a distinguished road. (+10) JTswole is on a distinguished road. (+10) JTswole is on a distinguished road. (+10) JTswole is on a distinguished road. (+10) JTswole is on a distinguished road. (+10) JTswole is on a distinguished road. (+10) JTswole is on a distinguished road. (+10) JTswole is on a distinguished road. (+10) JTswole is on a distinguished road. (+10) JTswole is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks so much!! This is seriously one of the best tracking programs I've found!

wadsee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face

Reviving this thread again!

I'm from the UK so we use kilograms, which often means counting in .5 increments. The spreadsheet automatically rounds the number up when I use decimals. Is there an easy way to stop this? This would be really useful, as I can see this being a great tool for me!

wadsee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Also

Does anyone know how to adapt the equation for the charts so the lines ignore "0" values?

kd8ov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

More rows for each day

Wondering if there is a way to add more rows per day?

Currently the sheets are built to handle 8 Exercises per day. Can I get 10 exercises per day?

Can I just add 2 more rows?

Thanks

saddamonline has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for the template.
    Ok, so I already posted this in the Misc section, but I got some positive feedback and a suggestion to post it here as well...

So, I thought I would share the spreadsheet that I put together to track my workouts, you will find it attached to this thread.

On the first tab of the workbook you will a set of instructions on how to use it.

I would love to hear some feedback, comments, suggestions, etc. on how I can improve it.

Thanks!

BoulderManiac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb Phenomenal

Absolutely a fantastic training log! Easy to use and extremely user friendly, good job!

A great addition to it would be a way to log cardio or other time based workouts or success/failure workouts. A lot of what I do for workouts is body weight exercises designed for climbing. Workouts I do include things like hanging on three fingers to failure.

My suggestion to implement something like that would be to have a second set of dropdowns (like what you've done with the exercise page) except applied to the reps/weights section. So if the user selects a cardio workout, the reps/weight changes to intervals/duration for example. I'd implement that myself but my excel skills aren't the greatest. I'm also at a bit of a loss on how to show that on the tracking page.

Also one question is there a way to add in more workouts per day? For climbing training you end up having to do a lot of different similar groups meaning a workout can include up to 30 or 40 different exercises per day.

RealRob has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RealRob has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RealRob has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RealRob has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RealRob has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RealRob has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RealRob has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RealRob has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RealRob has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RealRob has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by kd8ov View Post
    Wondering if there is a way to add more rows per day?

Currently the sheets are built to handle 8 Exercises per day. Can I get 10 exercises per day?

Can I just add 2 more rows?

Thanks
    BUMP, wondering this aswell. Anyone?

Mod Negged in Halo 2 Pastier911's Avatar
    Pastier911 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pastier911 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pastier911 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pastier911 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pastier911 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pastier911 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pastier911 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pastier911 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pastier911 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pastier911 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pastier911 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Awesome!!
    I'm gonna make it brahs.

PauloJJalmeida has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great for weights , i would like to add cardio (things like bleep test rower distance etc) to this but not sure to go about it?

thanks

iliad5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iliad5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iliad5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iliad5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iliad5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is great, however, there is a formula error that makes the actual data incorrect. In the X,Y,Z columns you multiply X (Total Reps) by Y (the total sum of the weights lifted) to get your total weight combined lifted. The problem is, if you do 50 reps of 10 pound flys, and 2 reps of 100 pound chest press, the total would then be 5,720 lbs, according to your spreadsheet. The reality is, it is 500 lbs. To fix it, you can change the total in column Z to =SUM(X5:Y5,F5,J5,N5,R5,V5) for example, then drag that to the other cells so they are the same.

Registered User jessejames3ball's Avatar
    jessejames3ball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Fantastic tool! Great work on this. Six years later and people still find it and bring it back up, me included.

I'm having an issue with the exercise selection. For example, if I select "Biceps" only "Smith machine drag curl" shows up as an option to use. It seems like the exercises aren't all transferring over. Does anyone else have that issue? Or am I doing something completely wrong?

Thanks.

Registered User jessejames3ball's Avatar
    jessejames3ball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jessejames3ball View Post
    Fantastic tool! Great work on this. Six years later and people still find it and bring it back up, me included.

I'm having an issue with the exercise selection. For example, if I select "Biceps" only "Smith machine drag curl" shows up as an option to use. It seems like the exercises aren't all transferring over. Does anyone else have that issue? Or am I doing something completely wrong?

Thanks.
    Never mind, I figured it out. Thanks again.

AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    bump since it was helpful to me and might help others.
    Remorse is for the dead

CCDavies1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This workout log is amazing. I can't imagine how long you must have spent working on it. I'd never have been able to create such a comprehensive excel doc. Thank you for this!

I'm having some trouble editing the exercises available for selection in the B column. It keeps giving me error messages when I try to type a new exercise into the blank space. A message pops up saying "A user has restricted values that can be entered into this cell". Am I doing something wrong? The only way I've been able to get around this is by changing the data validation settings to allow any value, rather than a list. I'm not sure if this is the right way to go, because it means I have to manually type in every exercise rather than selecting it from a list. How can I edit list items? I'm using Microsoft 365.

BSOLES25 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thank you

Thanks!
    THANK YOU!!
    been looking for one of these all day and hate all of them was dreading having to make my own. cant add any categories though want to add cardio and lower back
    Last edited by BSOLES25; 01-26-2017 at 03:34 PM.

BSOLES25 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i cant figure out how to add a category anytime i highlight the whole row and type it in it doesnt do anything. trying to get lower back, upper back, cardio

krierst is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Thanks for a great spreadsheet!

I have a little bit of a challenge; how can I get the table in the "Progress" sheet to summarize if the same type of exercise is carried out several days in the same week? As of now, it appears like the formula only includes single days (i.e. if I, for example, choose "Chest" and "Bench Press" monday and tuesday, only the monday values appears to be counted in the formula.

I'd be very thankful if someone could help out with this

3173yaelelie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was about to make my own workout log in excel, then a thought came into my mind, Why not google it I'm sure there's some awesome dude who already made it. AND YES YOU'RE THAT AWESOME DUDE! Thanks for this! Save me from time and effort!

reddice86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Great tracker!

Thanks!
    Hi,

This is just a great tracker! Thanks a lot for sharing it, it is definitely useful.

I'd like to ask you how did you create the dropdown selectors in the Weeks Sheets. I know how to create the one where we can select the body part, but what about the second one that changes based on the selection we apply in the first one?

I'm learning Excel and this would be an interesting feature for many other fields.