jabberwocky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jabberwocky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jabberwocky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jabberwocky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jabberwocky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jabberwocky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jabberwocky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jabberwocky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I need some advice for a back exercise

Hey all. I am relatively new to bodybuilding, but have been a powerlifter
    the past couple years, and I'm just getting used to all the different exercises bodybuilders have to do compared to powerlifters I was just wondering if anyone could tell me of an isolation back exercise i.e. one that will work the back well, but will not work much of anything else. Thanks

Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Best exercises for back would be deadlift, pull-up, bent over row, t-bar row. Those are the best in my opinion.

csakiges has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Many of the principles of powerlifting are the same for bodybuiding. Bump on Chris, deadlifts, pullups, and BO barbell rows are great for the back!

If you have the mass from powerlifting, I would recomend trying to shed some weight to really see the muscle (I am assuming you have some body fat)

Hard to totally isolate the back, but I like hammer strength rows, also cable rows.
    Jerry

"Everybody wants it, but not everyone is willing to pay the price to get it!"

"If it was easy, everyone would be doing it."

"Winning's not everything, it's the only thing" - Vince Lombardi

"Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter" Satchell Paige's response to a reporter inquiring about his age.

-Mehr ist nie genug!- Rene152005's Avatar
    Rene152005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rene152005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rene152005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rene152005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

Originally Posted by Chris_25 View Post
    Best exercises for back would be deadlift, pull-up, bent over row, t-bar row. Those are the best in my opinion.
    TOTALLY AGREE! When it comes down to work out big muscle groups like the back, one must stick to compound exercises.
    Dream big, lift big and stay big!

8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000) 8footballQB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    wide grip pull up
    deadlift
    one arm db row or bent over row
    lat pull down
    t bar row or v cable

victor12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victor12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victor12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jabberwocky View Post
    Hey all. I am relatively new to bodybuilding, but have been a powerlifter
    the past couple years, and I'm just getting used to all the different exercises bodybuilders have to do compared to powerlifters I was just wondering if anyone could tell me of an isolation back exercise i.e. one that will work the back well, but will not work much of anything else. Thanks
    Deadlift, cable rows, close grip lat pulldown, close grip pullup and tbar rows. I personally prefer close grip since I've seen better results.

BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ya isolation is relative depending on your form. as far as most isolated i would say proper technique on hammer strength machines.

that said i only actually use those at times, i prefer all of the following for upper back with minor cheating, but overall pretty solid form:

all pullup varieties
    barbell row varieties
    t-bar row w/barbell and v-handle
    1-arm dbl row or 1-arm barbell row (set up like t-bar gripping bar with hand)
    band scapular retractions
    seated cable row
    rack chins
    barbell1.com - home of The Barbell1 Show - the only 5 day/wk Online Radio on building muscle
    Listened to in 171 Countries, Downloaded 1.3 million X in 2014-15
    Get it free on iTunes and Stitcher Radio for your mobile device!

About me:
    MS in Sports Dietetics
    Registered Dietitian
    BS in ESS
    NSCA Certified Personal Trainer

zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Rene152005 View Post
    TOTALLY AGREE! When it comes down to work out big muscle groups like the back, one must stick to compound exercises.
    why....why the 7 yr old bump