nickscash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Upper Body Exercises with a Seperated Shoulder

Hey everyone,
    I was wondering if you could help me out, I had seperated my right shoulder 6 months ago in a bicycle accident and have just started to lift regularly again. Well, my problem is that even under light loads, it's painful.
    For example, prior to the accident I had a 245 bench, and now it's down to 135. I'm a collegiate rower, and I was wondering what kind of exercises you guys might have that I could do to strenghthen my shoulder, and/or any Chest/Shoulder/Arm exercises that I could do with less pain.

Thanks for helping a port out...
    Nick
    "The athlete's anerobic threshold; For regular folks, reaching that threshold is quitting time; anaerobic work is 19 times harder than aerobic work. But rowing is all about harder. Elite rowers fire off the start at sprint speed -- 53 strokes per minute. With 95 pounds of force on the blade end, each stroke is a weightlifter's power clean. Rowers cross their anaerobic threshold with that first stroke. Then there are 225 more to the finish line."

Lookin at the Big Picture BernieD's Avatar
    BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    stop benching. It'll only make things worse. You need to do exercises with light weights to strengthen your tendons and rotator cuffs

try internal and external rotations

check www.exrx.net for instructions on how to do them

Also, try the link in my sig, that's a REAL good exercise for bad shoulders
    The complete shoulder and RC injury thread, written by myself:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=529968 (MASSIVE NEW UPDATE AS OF 10/6/05)

Form is paramount.

Focus, focus, focus.