Thread: Back injury

Max Muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Max Muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Max Muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Max Muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Max Muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Max Muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Max Muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Max Muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Max Muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Max Muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Back injury

About a week ago my back was a bit sore and stupidly I decided to continue with my workout. I was doing squats and my back got worse. When I stopped I could hardly move. My back has gradually got better though it is still a bit sore. My main problem though is that I was reading an article at bb.com ( http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/luis7.htm ) which said if you do hurt your back you should no longer include exercises such as squats, deadlifts and standing military presses in your workout. Is this true?

Max Muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Max Muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Max Muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Max Muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Max Muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Max Muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Max Muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Max Muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Max Muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Max Muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Has anyone else here injured their back at some stage but continue doing squats and deadlifts?

healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: Back injury

Originally posted by Max Muscle
    About a week ago my back was a bit sore and stupidly I decided to continue with my workout. I was doing squats and my back got worse. When I stopped I could hardly move. My back has gradually got better though it is still a bit sore. My main problem though is that I was reading an article at bb.com ( http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/luis7.htm ) which said if you do hurt your back you should no longer include exercises such as squats, deadlifts and standing military presses in your workout. Is this true?
    Naw its okay to do them. Hell there was this powerlifter(forgot his name) who broke his back THREE times and still squatted a new world record. Trust me you DO get better again.

healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Max Muscle
    Has anyone else here injured their back at some stage but continue doing squats and deadlifts?

Yep. TWO times for that. But I'm better now and do them( Well box squats and variations of deadlifts for powerlifting)