KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Calf raises @ home

I'm looking for ideas on how to do standing calf raises at home.

My dilemma is this:

-I currently do standing one-legged calf raises with a dumbbell in one hand. The other hand is used for balance. However this is not the best situation as my heaviest db (powerblock) is 60lbs...not enough weight.

-I have 300lbs+ of freeweights and a barbell. This works well for calf raises from a flat foot, but I would like to get a full stretch. Unfortunately keeping balance on a block with the necessary weight is too difficult.

-I have tried a dip belt, but you can only hang so many plates.

Items I have to work w/:
    -Squat stand
    -FID bench
    -Barbell + freeweights
    -Powerblocks up to 60lbs

Any of you have something that works for you?

Pickett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pickett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pickett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I work out at home too and I cant remember what they are called ( Mel Siff calf raises?) Where u load a barbell up with more weight then u would usually do and bend the knees slightly and explode up but dont bounce back hold it at the top. Then slowly go back down. This seemed to kill my calves.

unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i have the same problem

bump
    WHO DAT

Aussie Flare will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aussie Flare will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aussie Flare will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aussie Flare will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aussie Flare will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aussie Flare will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aussie Flare will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aussie Flare will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aussie Flare will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aussie Flare will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aussie Flare will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do calf raises on the end of my treadmill, allows me to give them a big stretch. I've found that my calves have responded better when using high reps. Try using a plank of wood, or a brick or something like that.

I've also found that skipping while staying on my toes gives my calves a real good burn.

good luck!

visionbuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visionbuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visionbuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visionbuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visionbuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visionbuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visionbuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visionbuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visionbuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visionbuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visionbuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I too am a home lifter. I've stacked 3 2x10s and screwed them together then added a 2x4 outrigger for stability. Then I glued on a sheet of sand paper for traction. Works great. I know it doesn't translate well to e-paper so if you want to see it I'll get a pic this afternoon.
    My squat rack is fairly tall so I lean the bar against it and calf lift away.
    For seated calf raises I set the dumbell on my knee,(my biggest is 75# ) put my foot on the lift block and rep 30 to 50 times depending on how much burn I can stand.
    Hope this helps
    Vision
    Your kids will never remember how much money you have in the bank, they will always remember time together in the shop!
    Malachi 4:5,6

The more I know,
    the less I understand.
    All the things I thought I'd figured out,
    I have to learn again

buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i just hold dumbells in each hand then stand on a stair with half of my foot on the stair and half off.

KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KGarnett21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for all the replies everyone.

Vision I too have made a home calf block. It sounds quite similar to yours. I might add sandpaper...that sounds like a good idea.

It sounds like I just need to get better at balancing.