Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Nemirios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Home made protein ice cream?

wondering if any of you have a recipe for homemade icecream that works well with whey protein powder.

BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Nemirios
    wondering if any of you have a recipe for homemade icecream that works well with whey protein powder.

You don't even need protein powder for this one:

-1 cup Lowfat Cottage Cheese
    -Vanilla DaVinci Syrup (plus any additional flavors you want to mix in....usually White Chocolate and Caramel for me)
    -Splenda
    -2 Tablespoons Natural Peanut/Cashew/Almond Butter.

-Stick a bowl of Cottage Cheese into the freezer for about 20-30 minutes.
    -Next, take it out and mix in two capfuls of Vanilla Davinci, one cap of White Chocolate, and one cap of Caramel (or, if you prefer, four capfulls of Vanilla and that's it).
    -Stir it around, mixing in enough splenda until it's sweet enough for you.
    -Mix in the nut butter, stir until it all mixes together, then place in the freezer for another 5-10 minutes.

Take it out, and you have a delicious peanut butter ice cream snack. 360 calories full of healthy deliciousness.

And before anyone says "but I hate the taste of Cottage Cheese!", SO DO I. In fact, plain CC almost makes me puke. But when you mix in the splenda and DaVinci, you cannot taste any cottage cheese taste at all, it tastes just like vanilla ice cream. If you don't want the peanut butter, you don't have to add that, it's still amazingly delicious with just the CC, DaVinci, and Splenda.

Enjoy

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BackInTheJox
    You don't even need protein powder for this one:

-1 cup Lowfat Cottage Cheese
    -Vanilla DaVinci Syrup (plus any additional flavors you want to mix in....usually White Chocolate and Caramel for me)
    -Splenda
    -2 Tablespoons Natural Peanut/Cashew/Almond Butter.

-Stick a bowl of Cottage Cheese into the freezer for about 20-30 minutes.
    -Next, take it out and mix in two capfuls of Vanilla Davinci, one cap of White Chocolate, and one cap of Caramel (or, if you prefer, four capfulls of Vanilla and that's it).
    -Stir it around, mixing in enough splenda until it's sweet enough for you.
    -Mix in the nut butter, stir until it all mixes together, then place in the freezer for another 5-10 minutes.

Take it out, and you have a delicious peanut butter ice cream snack. 360 calories full of healthy deliciousness.

And before anyone says "but I hate the taste of Cottage Cheese!", SO DO I. In fact, plain CC almost makes me puke. But when you mix in the splenda and DaVinci, you cannot taste any cottage cheese taste at all, it tastes just like vanilla ice cream. If you don't want the peanut butter, you don't have to add that, it's still amazingly delicious with just the CC, DaVinci, and Splenda.

Enjoy
    I make something very similar to this everynight for my night time meal. I mix a cup of cottage cheese, 1/2 scoop of butter cream toffee whey(chocolate will work too) and 1-2tbsp of natty pb. Stir it all up and freeze for 2-3 hrs. Tastes like a resses pb cup...not that I have ate one recently
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by RipStone
    I make something very similar to this everynight for my night time meal. I mix a cup of cottage cheese, 1/2 scoop of butter cream toffee whey(chocolate will work too) and 1-2tbsp of natty pb. Stir it all up and freeze for 2-3 hrs. Tastes like a resses pb cup...not that I have ate one recently

I might have to try that, since I always have a huge stock of BCT Whey.

I guess I always just figure I have enough protein with the cottage cheese and peanut butter combined. But it probably couldn't hurt to add half a scoop of whey.

And yeah, this is always my bedtime meal too.

creed428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) creed428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) creed428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) creed428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) creed428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) creed428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) creed428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) creed428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) creed428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) creed428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) creed428 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1 cup cottage cheese
    davinci / torani syrup (any flavor you like)
    .25 cup pasteurized egg whites
    can also add sugar-free jellys, and nut butter
    combine everything in a bowl stick in the freezer stir the mix every 15-20 minutes until it gets the ice cream texture. i learned the egg white trick from TheDoc what it does is prevent the cottage cheese from freezing solid.

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by creed428
    1 cup cottage cheese
    davinci / torani syrup (any flavor you like)
    .25 cup pasteurized egg whites
    can also add sugar-free jellys, and nut butter
    combine everything in a bowl stick in the freezer stir the mix every 15-20 minutes until it gets the ice cream texture. i learned the egg white trick from TheDoc what it does is prevent the cottage cheese from freezing solid.
    is it safe to eat raw egg whites?

BackInTheJox- let me know how you like it. I have to say I love this meal. I have been eating the same before bed meal for like 6 months straight
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

BackInTheJox- let me know how you like it. I have to say I love this meal. I have been eating the same before bed meal for like 6 months straight

Yeah I've been doing mine (basically the same as yours minus the whey) for about 7 or 8 months, and I have no intention of stopping it anytime soon.

creed428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) creed428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) creed428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) creed428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) creed428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) creed428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) creed428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) creed428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) creed428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) creed428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) creed428 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if the eggs are pasteurized it is completely safe to eat raw

Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I made some with:

1 cup fat free Cottage Cheese
    1 cup soymilk (I think it was 1 cup)
    1-1.5 cups frozen berries
    davinci vanilla
    Full time athlete
    17 years old
    5'6
    145 lb., ~12% BF

_____________________ SpreeWheels24's Avatar
    SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What would you guys do if you had:

Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
    Frozen Bluberries
    Frozen Strawberries
    FF Cottage Cheese
    Natty PB
    Bananas
    Kiwis
    Diced Pineapple
    FF Plain Yogurt

What kind of frozen ice cream would you make if you had those ingrediants?

The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you are an ice cream fanatic (or even frozen drinks), and like to enjoy ice cream at least 1-2 times per week you can invest in a good ice cream maker for around $70:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...384320887&rd=1

I use one on a regular basis and the texture is beyond comparison. If your sick of plain old protein shakes, this allows you to not only make protein ice cream but protein milk shakes as well. One of my favorite things to use it for is Gatorade Slurpee's when it's hotter than a bitch outside. These machines do all the freezing and stirring for you, so all you have to do is add your ingredients and in 30 minutes you've got protein packed ice cream or milk shakes. And yes it also makes some of the best freaking Margaritas and Proteina Coladas I've ever had. If you invest in 1 or 2 decent kitchen appliances a year (ask for them for your birthday or Christmas) it makes cooking and eating for the body building lifestyle so much more enjoyable and super easy. Come on, who wouldn't want to eat great tasting ice cream every week and have it be good for them. When people ask you what you eat to look so good, just look them in the eye and say "Ice cream,4 times a week".

The Doc

The Doc
    I do not have an M.D. or a Ph.D., Doc is a nickname, please don't ask me about your personal itching.

The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SpreeWheels24
    What would you guys do if you had:

Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
    Frozen Bluberries
    Frozen Strawberries
    FF Cottage Cheese
    Natty PB
    Bananas
    Kiwis
    Diced Pineapple
    FF Plain Yogurt

What kind of frozen ice cream would you make if you had those ingrediants?
    Personally I would make the chocolate ice cream with the whey,cottage cheese, Splenda and a little yogurt. Then I would make a bannana split with 1 bannana split in half, topped with 3 scoops of the chocolate ice cream and covered in the diced pineapple & strawberries, topped with just a little yogurt (some chocolate Davinci syrup if you have it) and a sprinkling of chopped almonds or peanuts. But hey, that's just me .

The Doc
    I do not have an M.D. or a Ph.D., Doc is a nickname, please don't ask me about your personal itching.

keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) keninottawa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Doc, is it possible to make your ice cream recipe sans ice cream maker?

Originally Posted by keninottawa
    Doc, is it possible to make your ice cream recipe sans ice cream maker?
    Yes, first I place a glass or stainless steel bowl in th freezer for 1/2 hour. Then I just mix everything in the blender and then pour it in the frozen bowl and return it to the freezer. I then set a timer for 20-30 minutes and remove the mixture and stir it (scraping the sides down), and then reset the timer, put the bowl back in the freezer and repeat about 2 more times. At this point you will notice the ice crystals forming as you stir it and it will be harder to scrape it from the sides of the bowl while incoporating it. After this point you should check it and stir it about every 10 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl until you get the smooth ice cream consistancy you want. Now it's ready to eat, and it's pretty good for protein shake ice cream. This is obviously a bit more work than just having the machine that does it in 30 minutes. But once you do it by hand one time you'll appreciate making your own protein ice cream, and you will think it tastes better since you put all the work into it. .

The Doc

apesnani is on a distinguished road. (+10) apesnani is on a distinguished road. (+10) apesnani is on a distinguished road. (+10) apesnani is on a distinguished road. (+10) apesnani is on a distinguished road. (+10) apesnani is on a distinguished road. (+10) apesnani is on a distinguished road. (+10) apesnani is on a distinguished road. (+10) apesnani is on a distinguished road. (+10) apesnani is on a distinguished road. (+10) apesnani is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    All I do for mine, is mix TP Vanilla w/BSL flvor and milk and throw it in the fridge. Comes out very nicely.

timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wait.....im confused,wheres the milk!!!!!!!!

haha,i was just thinking. what if i mixed milk(either 2% or skim) with muscle milks cookies and cream!!!! and made that an ice cream... wow,a health ice cream?!!?

armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Nemirios
    you can just eat regular low-fat ice cream post-workout. why need to make it? don't worry about the sugar as post-workout your body will soak it up.

I love eating stuff like white-raisin bread, sugar cane sticks, flavoured oatmeal, low-fat ice cream instead of drinking plain dextrose post-workout. waste of calories! lol
    doesn't watch t.v.

Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Damn this is the BEST idea Ive heard in a LONG time. I love ice cream, and now i can kill 2 birds with one stone, get my protein in and still enjoy the ice cream. LOVE IT!

dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I make this every night now. It is just sinful. I am a diabetic as well and have ate very little frut this past year. So I am trying to introduce fruits into my diet. I am doing it and my sugar is doing fine. So I make this one every day.

1 cup FF plain yogurt
    1 cup frozen strawberries chopped up pretty good.
    8 packages of the blue packages of sweetner

I put it in the freezer over night. Put it in my cooler the next mornign and head off to work. It is perfect for eating around 1 pm when I eat that meal. This is my ice cream.

joevirus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Real Ice Cream

I have used the icecream maker method. I start by blending skim milk and protien powder then pouring it into the ice cream maker. for a really tasty treat try chopping up one of your favorite protien bars and adding it to the mix.There is a way to do this using two ziplock bags also, but its more work.

INGREDIENTS:
    1 cup milk
    1 or 2 scoops of your favorite protien powder
    1 protien bar
    6 tablespoons salt
    Ice

PREPARATION:
    blend protien powder and milk for a smooth consistancy
    Put protien shake ank chopper up bar into a pint or quart-sized freezer bag. Seal well.
    Fill a large, gallon-sized freezer bag with ice. Add the salt. (We used rock salt.)

Put the smaller bag into the larger bag and seal.

Shake and mix until the ice cream thickens, about 10 minutes, less for a milk shake.
    The bag gets very cold, so you might want to use towels to hold it.

You can have some great combos, vanilla whey with cookies and cream bar, chocolate whey with chocolate chunk, or chocolate brownie bar. The choices are endless. I wouldn't recommend this many calories before bed though.

pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50)

tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    1 cup egg beaters
    1 cup plain yogurt
    1 cup milk
    flavorings

put in ice cream maker its not hard

JitWit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JitWit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JitWit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JitWit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JitWit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JitWit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JitWit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JitWit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JitWit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JitWit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JitWit has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    These are all great suggestions!!

A Meathead's Banana Ice Cream Pie

Ricotta is a whey-based pseudo "cheese," so it's an appropriate real food, post-workout recovery snack. Find a light ice cream or frozen yogurt that is very low in fat for the best absorption (the recipes is based on an ice cream that has 5g of fat per half cup), and avoid products that use high fructose corn syrup to sweeten the ice cream.

Ingredients

2 cups low-fat vanilla ice cream

1 cup low-fat ricotta

2 scoops vanilla whey powder

1 Tbsp Molasses

1 tsp banana extract

1/2 tsp coconut extract

1/2 tsp cinnamon

8 little spoons of Sweet N' Low Brown

Instructions

1. Process ingredients in a food processor (until a thick batter, do NOT process to a liquid!)

2. Pour batter into pie dish, sprayed with cooking spray

3. Freeze for at least 2 hours or overnight.

4. If frozen overnight, allow to thaw for 5-10 minutes before serving

Serves 4

Nutrition:

260 Calories, 23 g protein, 25g carbs, 8 g fat, 5 g sat fat
    j jitomir, MS, RD

kappa78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kappa78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kappa78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kappa78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kappa78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kappa78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kappa78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kappa78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kappa78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kappa78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kappa78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i made a sort of ice cream but without any dairy.

i forgot a peeled grapefruit in the frrezer for 2/3 hours then i simply put it in the blender with vanilla protein.

it works with every frozen fruit, chopped in small pieces.

another way i eat egg whites is to cook them the night before and leave them getting cold, then blend with frozen fruit. the sulfur flavour of egg whites will disappear when cold!

k
    dominate the suffering to become a champion

jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are any of these recipes safe to keep in the freezer and eat at a later time. It seemed everyone here is making it then eating it right away. Can I make a 2 liter bucket (about 2 quarts for you Americans) and just eat it like I would any other ice cream? Does adding egg whites allow this?

tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    2 cups lowfat yogurt
    1 cup whole milk
    pureed berries
    any sweetener
    put in ice cream maker

ice cream

Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    http://yanyanxu.com/2008/03/17/i-can...-cream-recipe/

You can add some whey in if you want, preferablly strawberry or something but you can try chocolate whey + whip cream.

ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Nemirios View Post
    I just whipped something up right now, i'll let you know how it turns out... It tastes like real vanilla ice cream, have to see if the texture turns out.

Here's the recipe:

1/2 cup cottage cheese: 100 kcal, 2.5g fat, 5g carbs (sugar), 14g protein
    1/2 plain yogurt: 35 kcal, 0.5g fat, 5g carbs (2.5 sugar), 2.3g protein
    4 tbsp half and half cream: 80 kcal, 6g fat, 4g carbs (sugar), 2g protein
    2 tbsp cream: 100 kcal, 10g fat, 0g carbs, 0.8g protein
    1/4 package of soft tofu: 45kcal, 2.5g fat, 1g carbs (sugar), 4g protein
    1.5 egg yolks (woulda put two in but long story..): 75 kcal, 6.5g fat, 1g carbs, 4g protein
    2 scoop vanilla whey protein: 169 kcal, 0.5g fat, 1g carbs, 40g protein
    2 tbsp sugar-free fat-free vanilla pudding powder: 40kcal, 0g fat, 10g carbs, 0.2g protein
    2 tbsp skim milk powder: 45 kcal, 0g fat, 6.5g carbs (sugar), 4.5g protein
    1 cup water
    1 tbsp imitation vanilla extract
    Splenda to taste

I blended all in a blender till smooth, now it's sitting in a glass bowl in freezer... If you want to reduce cals i'd suggest omitting the heavy cream, i added it cause i thought it would help for texture

Divided by 6 (for 1/2 cup servings): 117 kcal, 5g fat, 6g carbs, 12g protein
    Last edited by ivoryce; 12-23-2008 at 08:47 PM. Reason: forgot to include vanilla extract
    The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it. - John Ruskin

*Our aspirations are our possibilities* - Samuel Johnson

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere - Einstein

ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Found a recipe that looks appealing, havent tried it yet:

MM's Mint Chocolate Cookie Chip Protein Ice Cream

2 cups of Unsweetened Silk Soy Milk
    4 scoops Isopure Cookies and Cream Protein Powder (50 grams of protein per SCOOP) or Matrix 5.0 Cookies and Cream Protein Powder
    1/2-1 bar of Dark Chocolate Low Carb Chocoperfection Bar, chopped. I didn't chop it. I threw a bar in a freezer bag and sent my six year old outside with a meat mallet. (Use as much as your calories want, if you don't have this super yummy sugar-free chocolate, I would suggest finding another sugar-free non-maltitol chocolate bar to chop up, or a super dark chocolate which has a very low sugar content.)
    1/4 tsp. peppermint extract, be careful, and use it to your taste.
    Splenda, to your taste.

http://www.meltingmama.net/wls/2008/...nt-chocol.html
    The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it. - John Ruskin

*Our aspirations are our possibilities* - Samuel Johnson

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere - Einstein

zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100)
    Just wanted to say you guys are sooo cool for coming up with awesome ideas! OP- I basically LOVE you! haha aside from me making fool yourself cookies with oats, pb, and whey, now i'm gonna be making ice cream with cottage cheese, what a great snack before bed!

I owe you a rep!

d*mn it i love you guys