Page 3 of 164 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i dont think anyways heard of Protein 2 Go bars.. there manufactured in and for Canada and they are probably the best protein bars i've ever tasted.. 26g of protein and they taste amazing (only double chocolate) the rest of the nutritional facts i'm pulling a blank on right now but i get em at work so i'll post the stats

Jason B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Labrada and Biotest

The best bars I have had are the Labrada Caramel Cookie Twist bars and the new Biotest Grow! Chocolate bars.

http://jtbangs.blogspot.com

**Under Construction** E_Scapegoat's Avatar
    E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E_Scapegoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Since i weight in the 130s i dont need a gobs and gobs of protein, so i just aim for natural energy bars or replacements, but after a good workout, its great to grab an ABB cookies and cream, or a promax bar(look out for the trans fat in these) but my favorite after workout is big 100 peanut butter grahamMMMMMmmm. to take advantage of the sugar and protein

Clayton South has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clayton South has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clayton South has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clayton South has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clayton South has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clayton South has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clayton South has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clayton South has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clayton South has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clayton South has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clayton South has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Favorite Bar...

My favorite bars of all time are the Labrada Texas Pecan Pie Lean Body bars.
    These things are a real blessing when you're craving something sweet but you dont want to (or cant) eat a ton of sugar. Especially at night when managing insulin counts the most, these bars are awesome. I love pecan pie anyways, so this is a way to get the taste without giving in to the craving. These bars dont just have the flavor either like others - they actually have pecan chunks that you can see. The protein content is fairly high, too, and they're fortified with some minerals, which is also good. I've had other bars that tasted good but were either loaded with fats, sugars, or didnt meet lable claim (Chef Jay's trio-plex bars come to mind).

-Clayton South

misstenacity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Always read the label.... Detour Bars

My recent picks are:

Clif Builder (2 for 1 at Walgreens the last week or two, or 2/$1.59!): decent flavor, crunchy "rice krispie" bottom covered with cement mix top layer. Note, the 2 layers are not adhered, so you can peel apart the layers and eat them separately. I actually like the cement mix layer on its own. Yes, I was one of those that de-layered my LLittle Debbie Nutty Bars as a kids...

Detour: ONLY caramel peanut. Note the other flavors taste good, but upon reading the label, of the 3 flavors I purchased, only the caramel peanut did NOT have sugar alcohols in it, while the other flavors (peanut butter and smores) had about 12-13g of maltitol. Buyer beware - variations abound even between different flavors of the same product, and even when not labeled "low carb"... Note: this information IS posted on the Designer Whey website under the product info.
    [A side note on Designer Whey.... the real difference between the Detour/OneWay/UTurn product lines seems to be that Detour Caramel Peanut has sugar sweetener, the rest of Detour has sugar alcohols and Splenda, and the OneWay/UTurn lines both use Splenda with sugar. All have partially hydrogenated oil, bummer....]

ProMax: yes, I agree with the cookies n cream rave reviews.
    Last edited by misstenacity; 06-15-2005 at 04:16 PM. Reason: added info on Detour....

IronPimper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronPimper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronPimper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronPimper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronPimper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronPimper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronPimper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronPimper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronPimper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronPimper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronPimper is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The only two bars I eat are the promax cookies and cream and the detour caramal peanut. in terms of nutrition the promax is good for me if i'm in a pinch and need something with protein quick, but it isn't super healthy. the detour bar is pretty good. 30g of protein in it, not too much sugar. tastes like a snickers bar. i use it immediately after workouts because i don't like making a shake at the gym or taking one with me. just my 2 cents.

RaLeX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Homemade Protein Bars are THE best... I used MagicPunt's MRBs Recipe... SOO Good! messy... but SO good! my parents tried some when I was living at home, and they actually called me up and asked me if i still had the recipe so that they could make some if that tells u anything. Also the nutritional value is 285 calories, 11g GOOD fats, 26g Carbs, 21g Protein in one bar, batch makes 8:

-3c Oats
    -1/2c Natural Peanut Butter
    -1c Skim Milk
    -4 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
    -Dash of Cinnamon
    -top with Splenda

mix it all in a bowl and put in a glass or cooking tray and stick in fridge

World Heavyweight Champ XXXperiment's Avatar
    XXXperiment will become famous soon enough. (+50) XXXperiment will become famous soon enough. (+50) XXXperiment will become famous soon enough. (+50) XXXperiment will become famous soon enough. (+50) XXXperiment will become famous soon enough. (+50) XXXperiment will become famous soon enough. (+50) XXXperiment will become famous soon enough. (+50) XXXperiment will become famous soon enough. (+50) XXXperiment will become famous soon enough. (+50) XXXperiment will become famous soon enough. (+50) XXXperiment will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    why is it that after I eat a protein bar I feel sick to my stomach?
    Stats: 6'0 220 lbs BF: 17% Bench: 275
    "Yes they deserved to die!! And I hope they burn in heeellll!!!!"
    -Samuel L. Jackson, "A Time to Kill"

DRINK BITCH!!!

What? I said Stone Cold

EGuard03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EGuard03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EGuard03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EGuard03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EGuard03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EGuard03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EGuard03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EGuard03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EGuard03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EGuard03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EGuard03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ive found that the METRX Big 100 bars are my favorite, by taste and ingredients. The Universal Animal Snak bars are great too, but are prone to melting. Cant stand the taste of most of the Musletech bars. Mypolex makes some of the best tasting bars I've tried but they gave me horrible gas. My houchmates in Afghanistan didnt enjoy this nearly as much as I did.

EGuard03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EGuard03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EGuard03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EGuard03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EGuard03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EGuard03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EGuard03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EGuard03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EGuard03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EGuard03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EGuard03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh yeah and Tri-O-Plex bars dont taste too bad easier just very thick and dry, require a lot of water to get them down.

Ineffable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ineffable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ineffable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ineffable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ineffable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ineffable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ineffable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ineffable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ineffable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ineffable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ineffable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Parrillo Bars

There are only a handful of places that make protein bars in the country. Most protein bars will come from the same plce. There are many good tasting protein bars, but for energy, overall and protein, srick with Parrillo Bars. The flavor is not to bad on any of his bars.

bobbydigital07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbydigital07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbydigital07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbydigital07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbydigital07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbydigital07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbydigital07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbydigital07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbydigital07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbydigital07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobbydigital07 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dAi
    snickers
    This my friends made my bench go up 30 pounds in 3 months

lolliepop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Jay Robb Bars!!!!

The Jay Robb bars. Fudge Brownie and Cashew Coconut both made with Xylitol, egg white protein, organic Almond butter or Cashew Butter, Unsweetened coconut (For Cashew Coconut), Almond pieces (For Fudge Brownie) arabic gum, water, natural flavor, organic agave syrup, organic brown rice crisps, organic brown rice, sea salt, organic brown rice syrup and soy lecithin. For Brownie Fudge About 220 Cal, 10g Fat, 1g Sat, Carb 27g, Fiber 6g, Sugar Alcohol (Xylitol) 16g, Protein 14g. THESE ARE ABSOLUTELY THE BEST BAR OUT THERE. Not alot of crap in them and the taste is WAY GOOD!

It gets better with age metal2469's Avatar
    metal2469 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metal2469 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metal2469 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metal2469 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metal2469 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metal2469 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metal2469 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metal2469 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metal2469 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metal2469 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metal2469 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I love the Labrada Cookie Bars, and Labrada Gold bars any flavor is awesome.

zedtech has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zedtech has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zedtech has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zedtech has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zedtech has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zedtech has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zedtech has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zedtech has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zedtech has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zedtech has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zedtech has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    PB Choc Chip Tri-O-Plex

fastEd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fastEd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fastEd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fastEd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fastEd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fastEd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fastEd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fastEd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fastEd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fastEd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fastEd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by metal2469
    I love the Labrada Cookie Bars, and Labrada Gold bars any flavor is awesome.
    agreed....... the Labrada bars are the best I've tried..............someday we'll find out there really snickers and payday in a different wrapper..........lol

Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Exclamation optimum whey

is optimum whey a supplement.....?

is it harmful later on in life....?

for how long should one consume it....?

Chimpy D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Best MRP bar

Originally Posted by J.L.C.
    I just want to find a bar that can function as a meal replacement.

Everything on the market now is either full of sugar, or sugar-alcohols....

I want carbs.......it's just that I want good carbs!!

In my opinion, Promax's Oatrageous and Chef Jay's Tri-plex are the best mrp bars on the market. Especially the oatrageous bars because of their taste and low price.

No pain, no (weight) loss Badfrog's Avatar
    Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    EAS PeanutButter Carmel is too good.
    Zone Perfect Choc PB is pretty good as well. (Can get 6/box for $5)
    Detour flavor that most have talked about is okay but does have a strange aftertaste (Cheap too 15/box for $13 at Sam's Club)

Don't eat two South Beach Diet Bars in the same day. They will tear your ass up for a couple of days! I need to try some others but I usually won't pay more than a buck or buck and a quarter for a bar.

freakshow@animalpak forvm Jbutts169's Avatar
    Jbutts169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jbutts169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jbutts169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jbutts169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jbutts169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jbutts169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jbutts169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jbutts169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jbutts169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jbutts169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jbutts169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    anybody tried the ISS Research Oh Ya! Bars? are they as good as they are advertised?

Chimpy D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Best low carb bars

If you want the best tasting low carb bar on the market you have to try Strength System's triple delicious bars, all I can say is AWESOME!!! If you want an actual mrp bar with whole grain carbs and good protein, as I stated before you can't beat Chef Jay's Tri-O-plex bars and Promax's Oatrageous bars. The best thing about all of these bars is they won't kill your wallet.

MiLight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiLight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiLight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiLight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiLight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiLight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Promax all the way. Best tasting stuff ever! Really cheap at a trader joes and 20g of protein. highly reccomend it.

Clayton South has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clayton South has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clayton South has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clayton South has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clayton South has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clayton South has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clayton South has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clayton South has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clayton South has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clayton South has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clayton South has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Originally Posted by MiLight
    Promax all the way. Best tasting stuff ever! Really cheap at a trader joes and 20g of protein. highly reccomend it.
    Personally, I find the taste of the cookies and cream flavor to be totally repulsive. They are ranked pretty high on taste...so i was looking forward to them when I bought a box - i was totally dissapointed, but thats not to say that its a bad product - just my personal preference.

I like the Lean Body Bars by Labrada - the flavors are awesome.

-Clayton South

HateNYourBlood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great bar to try is, Peanut Butter Cookie Dough. By Met-Rx Big 100.

Eat, Train, Sleep, Repeat Hyperintensity's Avatar
    Hyperintensity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like GNC's S'mores bars only 4 grams of fat with 16 grams protein, and no sugar alcohols. BUT READ THIS: IF YOU HAVE A "BIGLOTS" IN YOUR AREA GO THERE!!!!!! I GET KONGS AND BIG WHEYS FOR 59 CENTS EACH AND DETOURS FOR 49 CENTS AND THEY ARE STILL GOOD FOR MONTHS. THEY ALSO GET MYOPLEX STORM AND SNICKERS MARATHON BARS IN TOO. CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!! ALWAYS LESS THAN 99 CENTS!!!!!!
    Weight 160 BF 6% (Aug 2005)
    194 around 10.5% or so (nov 2005)
    223 at 17% (apr 2006)
    cut down to 197 (june 2006)
    Bulk up to 241 (march 2007)
    cut to 211 (summer 2009)
    DC trained up to 252
    Currently 192 with abs

8000 cal per day to hit 252

bellisima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellisima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellisima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellisima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellisima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellisima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellisima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellisima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellisima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellisima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellisima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

love those lee labrada bars!!!!!. also tried oh yhea bars -dont remember who makes them but it tastes like an oh henry bar!!!!!!!!!

freakshow@animalpak forvm Jbutts169's Avatar
    Jbutts169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jbutts169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jbutts169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jbutts169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jbutts169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jbutts169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jbutts169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jbutts169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jbutts169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jbutts169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jbutts169 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bellisima
    love those lee labrada bars!!!!!. also tried oh yhea bars -dont remember who makes them but it tastes like an oh henry bar!!!!!!!!!
    ya i heard those were good, i wanna give them a shot.

MiLight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiLight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiLight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiLight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiLight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiLight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Clayton South
    Personally, I find the taste of the cookies and cream flavor to be totally repulsive. They are ranked pretty high on taste...so i was looking forward to them when I bought a box - i was totally dissapointed, but thats not to say that its a bad product - just my personal preference.

I like the Lean Body Bars by Labrada - the flavors are awesome.

-Clayton South
    you can get other flavors too. try double fudge brownie and chocolate peanut. all of them are good.

kasdos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kasdos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kasdos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im asking
    are the atkins ones any good? they say 20 g protein but i dont believe it

http://atkins.com/atkins-products/ad...ion-bars.html#

the pralines and cream/almond brownie ones

any good?

skeletore84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeletore84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeletore84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeletore84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeletore84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeletore84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeletore84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeletore84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeletore84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeletore84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skeletore84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Cool

i don't like any of the bars. tastes like crap. to much surgar to. use an rtd,like isopure.0 carbs, 0 surgars,40 grams of protein. you get the picture. tastes pretty good to. down it after a workout.