Page 14 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast
    Max out or black out johnnystl34's Avatar
    johnnystl34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnnystl34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnnystl34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnnystl34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnnystl34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnnystl34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnnystl34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnnystl34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Meso Tech Complete (I know, I know) Apple cinnamon oat bars.

lex_luther has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Met-rx Mud Pie Fusion

MET-RX MUD PIE FUSION

I have had my share of protien bars, and out them all there is one that I would recommend you try: MET-RX MUD PIE FUSION, it dosen't taste gritty, dosen't taste like someone dipped it in artificial sweetner, just tastes gooood.

TRY IT CANT BE BEAT,

nutritional facts found here: http://www.metrx.com/Labels/014621.pdf

Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I recently tried another kind. They're called Xtreme. I got the chocolate one. It has 30 grams of protein and 5 grams of creatine, and it tastes great!

ItsSteveBlack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    MET-RX MUD PIE FUSION

good **** right there

Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think its undisputed now..VPX Zero Impact bars are the best bar by far. The chocolate chip pb tastes like cookie dough, the protein blend is unrivaled, as is the fat blend with sesamin and cla, and they use sweet potato and pumpkin along with oats as the carb sources. Nothing else like it on the market.

guitarmonkiy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Originally Posted by lex_luther
    MET-RX MUD PIE FUSION

I have had my share of protien bars, and out them all there is one that I would recommend you try: MET-RX MUD PIE FUSION, it dosen't taste gritty, dosen't taste like someone dipped it in artificial sweetner, just tastes gooood.

TRY IT CANT BE BEAT,

nutritional facts found here: http://www.metrx.com/Labels/014621.pdf

I'm gonna have to back Lex up on this one. I've tried out quite a few protein bars, and none come close to how delicious the MET-RX Mud Pie Fusion is.

dicktracy2003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've tried a couple of bars over the years, but am sticking to Universal Nutrition's Hi Protein bars these days - the chocolate brownie flavour is quite tasty and satisfies my sweet tooth.

Nutritional Facts:

Fat - 6g ( 3g saturated )

Carbs - 33g

made up of

Sugars - 1g

and

Sugar Alcohols - 26g ( I'm a bit confused about the effects of this - there are tons of people who don't like sugar alcohols, but as far as I understand, they are not anything like sugars at all - and have negligible effects on insulin levels )

Protein - 33g!!

I'm cutting right now ( have lost about 30lbs, retaining most of my muscle ), and have been using these bars regularly whenever I don't have time to eat a normal meal. In my opinion, they are very good value for the money.

SidPumper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dicktracy2003
    Sugar Alcohols - 26g ( I'm a bit confused about the effects of this - there are tons of people who don't like sugar alcohols, but as far as I understand, they are not anything like sugars at all - and have negligible effects on insulin levels )
    All I've got to say is be careful if you eat a bunch of sugar alcohols at once. For some people, they can cause gastric distress (laxative effect).

If I eat more that 10g at once, I'm on the thrown for a half hour with cramps.

Other than that, they are fine.

Here is some more info on them. Very popular with low-carb dieters...

http://www.optdgest.com/safacts.html

Sid

Registered User prowrestler2004's Avatar
    prowrestler2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) prowrestler2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) prowrestler2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) prowrestler2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) prowrestler2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) prowrestler2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) prowrestler2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) prowrestler2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) prowrestler2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) prowrestler2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) prowrestler2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    the best ive ever had was EAS advantEDGE cookies and cream.
    SINfully good!

EdmondDantes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EdmondDantes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EdmondDantes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EdmondDantes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EdmondDantes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EdmondDantes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EdmondDantes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EdmondDantes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EdmondDantes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EdmondDantes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EdmondDantes has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    without question, Next Detour Oatmeal Bars (choc. peanut butter)

andkobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Protein Bar

About a year ago I played on a college ice hockey team and a company called Neways gave us free supplement stuff. The only thing that i liked that they gave us was thier Maximum Force Chocolate Protein Bars. They actually taste like candy bars.
    Thanks,
    Andrew
    andrew@best-proargi9.com

www.RipAPhoneBook.com

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They prob were, most protein bars are candy bars

Originally Posted by andkobe
    About a year ago I played on a college ice hockey team and a company called Neways gave us free supplement stuff. The only thing that i liked that they gave us was thier Maximum Force Chocolate Protein Bars. They actually taste like candy bars.
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't think so justin, that's a bit too hardcore of an attitude. Protein bars have their place, though obviously they should not be abused. I used them during contest prep and had no problem getting lean

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well I do agree they are better then anything else, but some honestly are as bad as a candy bar, Just look for anyone with limited sugar for the most part in it. THe new VPX bars and AST bars are actually top notch .The sugar and protein is honestly is the only thing I really look at, the carbs etc if they are not from sugar I could really care less. For instance the Promax bars with have 30 some gs of sugar in is a bit much.In a rush etc they are fine but always its also easy to bring a shaker bottle with and just add water .

Originally Posted by str8flexed
    I don't think so justin, that's a bit too hardcore of an attitude. Protein bars have their place, though obviously they should not be abused. I used them during contest prep and had no problem getting lean
    Last edited by Sixpack; 07-13-2006 at 07:22 AM.
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sheesh bars are pretty good but i dont think they sell them here.

Also there are these Organic Food Bars. I just bought one from the Vitamin Shoppe, the blueberry one which does not have that much protein compared to their hi protein bar. It was very good.

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: 1 Bar (68 g)
    Servings Per Container: 12
    Amount
    Per Serving % Daily
    Value*
    Total Calories 300* * *
    ***Calories From Fat 120* * *
    Total Fat 12* g 20%***
    ***Saturated Fat 1.5* g 7%***
    ***Trans Fat 0* g *
    Cholesterol 0* mg 0%***
    Sodium 5* mg 1%***
    Total Carbohydrates 30* g 10%***
    ***Dietary Fiber 8* g 32%***
    ***Sugars 22* g *
    Protein 24* g *
    Vitamin A * 0%*** Vitamin C * 0%*** Calcium * 10%*** Iron * 10%***
    *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Ingredients: Organic almond butter, organic brown rice protein, organic dates, organic agave nectar, organic bio sprouts-flax, organic biodynamic (Demeter) raisins, organic sesame seeds and lots of love.
    Last edited by Doughboy; 07-13-2006 at 09:25 AM.

jonr800 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonr800 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tried out one of the new VPX bars. Pretty good. Reminds me of the Labrada Cookie Bar without a funny after taste. The VPX bars aren't super sweet either, which I like.

dhatcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dhatcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm liking the Labrada Lean Body Cookie Bars.

Ordered some, popped one in the microwave and it came out pretty tasty.
    Dustin

bigmuscleserik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i agree, the labrada bars as well. I like the taste and it works well.
    www.SmutSupply.com

Max out or black out johnnystl34's Avatar
    johnnystl34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnnystl34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnnystl34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnnystl34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnnystl34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnnystl34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnnystl34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnnystl34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Meso-tech (I know, I know) Complete Apple Oat bars. Great taste and texture, put them in the micro for 10 seconds...great when you have a sweet tooth!

Make Misc Great Again JustiNtense's Avatar
    JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    since my last protein bar tasted so bad (muscle tech nitro tech) i decided to get Oh yeah bars, they taste like baby ruths, no longer do I need a whole bottle of water to take in a protein bar.
    "Even through the darkest days, this fire burns, always."

The pessimist complains about the wind
    The optimist expects it to change direction
    The realist adjusts the sails

The Shlong in Hong Kong gorilla69's Avatar
    gorilla69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gorilla69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gorilla69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

its all about pure protien

lower in cals than most....and they taste by far the best..try the chocolate chip cookie one

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Talking carbrite

oh yeahs have sat fats, i liked the taste, but at what expense?
    universal doctor's carbrite bars -
    protein 18-22 g (depending on flavor)
    fat 3-7 g
    saturated fat 1-2 g
    23-24 carbs (2 net impact)
    sugar free
    ignore the sissy name and try them - the teste is VERY good-
    there are about a dozen flavors but i like chocolate raspberry and banana nut best.

QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    MET-Rx Protein Plus...Choc Fudge Deluxe. Good value for a protein/MRB. Fat/Protein/Carbs = 9/32/32
    A bit gritty, but I always drink something when eating almost anything, besides fruit that is.

Jpw328 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    has any one tried that

Stevo1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stevo1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stevo1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stevo1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stevo1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stevo1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stevo1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stevo1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stevo1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stevo1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stevo1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Metrx big 100

27 grams of protein 4 grams of fat, .5-1.5 grams of saturated fat depending on flavor, and very filling.....cant go wrong.....o and they taste great

QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

^^I tried the Big 100 Peanut Butter Cookie Dough flavor for lunch today...you are right, they are very good...I think I like them better than the Protein Plus for a protein/mrb.

BIG_GUNZ666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i would stay away from the met-rx protein plus bars anyway because of the fact that they contain trans fat
    The King Of The Curl Machine

Question

Originally Posted by BIG_GUNZ666
    i would stay away from the met-rx protein plus bars anyway because of the fact that they contain trans fat
    I'm holding a MET-Rx Protein Plus Choc Fudge Deluxe in my hand as we speak...the label indicates: Trans Fat 0g. I don't know what YOU are looking at?????????

DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "NEXT DETOUR" caramel

this stuff tastes better than a snickers, has less than ca. 3 g of "net impact carbs" and ca. 30 g of protein (without gelatine!!!).
    the very best protein bar I have tried so far!!!

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by PainIsResults
    since my last protein bar tasted so bad (muscle tech nitro tech) i decided to get Oh yeah bars, they taste like baby ruths, no longer do I need a whole bottle of water to take in a protein bar.
    I second this! They have yet to make a bad flavour. My favourite, even though it has TONS of sugar, is the peanut butter/strawberry one. Tastes like the best Pb & j sandwich you've ever had