Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    NIghtHawk29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need tips on this routine

I plan to start this routine this week, first week a little slower just to get into the feel of it but the plan I am going to write will be what I plan to try, unless their is a better way but a little info on me to start.

I'm 26 yrs old, male, 205 Lbs, 5' 11.5" and am planning on a military career so need lots of running and upper body strength. I currently bench maybe 150 Lbs roughly so pretty sad I know, push ups 15-20, 1 chin up (lol), 20 sit ups and I can run maybe 2.5kms or so (no specific time, varies sometimes). As you can see, I need serious help. Anyway here is the routine I was thinking of:

I usually go to the gyms in the morning (I usually sleep 1200-0630 then have my breakfast then go to gym around 0830). Every session (Mon-Sat) will start with 10 min walk at a 5.3 kph pace on the treadmill, then I do stretches followed by push ups/chin ups (3 sets, I do push ups one day, chin ups the next so 3 times a week each one) and sit ups (3 sets, 6 days a week). After this I move into: (the first week or so, maybe 2 for cardio will be cycling not running except for running 1 day, just want to make sure I don't hurt my knee with too much running too soon)

Monday:
    Upper body, mostly chest, triceps and forearms, then I do cardio (running, treadmill, usually the day I run the hardest/farthest thru the week)

Tuesday:
    Lower body, quads, calves and hamstrings, cardio (light cycling, indoor at gym)

Wednesday:
    Cardio (Running, treadmill usually, possibly outside at a track some days)

Thursday:
    Cardio (cycling, indoor at gym)

Friday:
    Upper body, biceps, back and shoulders, then cardio (running, treadmill, slower pace than most days)

Saturday:
    Cardio (running, outside at track, only inside if it's poor weather to run outside)

Sunday:
    Rest

Once this portion is done I do a cool down usually about 10 mins at a slower pace (these cool downs basically the main list above ends with cardio so it leads right into the cooldown with a gradual slower pace till I reach the slow pace I want for the next 10 mins), then I do some basic stretches and thats it.

(The muscle groups above, I forget the actual names of the exercises but it's the general, bench press, calf raises, leg curls, etc... the pretty basic stuff). Any help on a any modifications to this routine would be appreciated. I'm still new at this.

P.S.
    Sorry, the goals I would like to reach minimum would be:
    30-40 push ups (hands shoulder width apart, no wider), 6-8 chin ups, 40 sit ups, bench press 200 Lbs and maybe able to run 6-8 kms (at a speed of 10kph or higher consistently). This is just rough, if I can do more than these numbers then thats even better.

Sorry for the long post.