Russell EW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Russell EW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Russell EW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Russell EW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Russell EW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Russell EW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Russell EW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Learn from my mistake... ALWAYS WEAR A BELT WHEN SQUATTING !!! MY BACK IS GONE

Always wear a belt when squatting. I wuz squatting the other day without a belt and severely messed up my lower back. THis is the first time I have been able to get out of bed in like 2 or 3 days. I have a doc appointment tommorow, I have never had this much pain before... I think i really ****ed up my spine. PLEASE wear a weight belt when squatting.Just a heads up.

RUssell
    Think your Frackus Worthy?

www.Frackus.com

Make Posts. Get Votes. Feel good.

bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000)
    how much weight were ya doin' ?

If you say 135 i would laugh my a$$ off lol.

Orc_Lord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bigcalves

either way , he messed up his back , your really inconsiderate

Peaked_18 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Peaked_18 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Peaked_18 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Peaked_18 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Peaked_18 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Peaked_18 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Peaked_18 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Peaked_18 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Peaked_18 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Peaked_18 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Peaked_18 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Form was bad. I see some guys in the gym keep there Back so straight that it curves inward!

Only use the Belt when going into Strength reps (1-6) or really Heavy Weights.

I have never had the problem.

You Back could have been bent, a lifting belt isn't always help protect your Back from bad form.

Russell EW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Russell EW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Russell EW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Russell EW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Russell EW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Russell EW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Russell EW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I was using 285 x 6 reps... Ive done higher so Idk y this wuz a problem. I also have been squatting for 3 years soo I dont know why my form would be bad this particular time. I think it might have been lack of warm up. I am not sure.

www.Frackus.com

ario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Belts dont help that much. It was probably bad form.

I personally dont wear a belt.

M4ttyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) M4ttyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) M4ttyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) M4ttyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) M4ttyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) M4ttyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) M4ttyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) M4ttyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) M4ttyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) M4ttyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) M4ttyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

people can **** their back at any weight. its all about technique
    This IS my serious face... now suck my cock

NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    MAN, im sorry to hear your injured. Get well soon brother!!!!!! Hopefully we will be seeing you in the gym soon.

I think you need to have strong stabolizer muscles (abs, trunk, etc) squating and not using a belt. I use a belt on heavy squats. As peaked said the form was prob. off. But I believe with real heavy weight with the squat compresses the spine its unavoidable.
    Last edited by NYCmitch25; 05-22-2005 at 01:51 PM.

powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ario
    Belts dont help that much. It was probably bad form.

I personally dont wear a belt.
    Your tipical gym belt sucks but a powerlifting belt is a different story. PL belts help alot.

I will agree with ya on the bad form thing. I also dont wear a belt on any weight below 80% of my 1rm.

phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Peaked_18
    Form was bad. I see some guys in the gym keep there Back so straight that it curves inward!

Only use the Belt when going into Strength reps (1-6) or really Heavy Weights.

I have never had the problem.

You Back could have been bent, a lifting belt isn't always help protect your Back from bad form.
    how are you suppose to keep your back then, when squatting?
    true protein.com (no space)
    Highest quality supplements for the lowest prices. No joke. Check it out!
    Use the discount code "AXM421" to save an extra 5%!

NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by powerlifter70
    Your tipical gym belt sucks but a powerlifting belt is a different story. PL belts help alot.

I will agree with ya on the bad form thing. I also dont wear a belt on any weight below 80% of my 1rm.
    I think you should pay attention to this post.

Get well bro!

Cybernetic Periodization KhanPaulsen's Avatar
    KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000)

Prick.

For the main poster: This is why core strength is of dire importance. I never squat with a belt, but my abdominal and lower back strength is very good. A belt helps for people with weaker cores.

Recover soon.

By the way, someone posted about posture so good that it looked curved: Spines are naturally curved, this is for flexibility.
    NSCA-CPT.

Furious E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Furious E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Furious E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Furious E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Furious E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Furious E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Furious E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Furious E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Furious E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Furious E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Furious E is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Russell EW
    I was using 285 x 6 reps... Ive done higher so Idk y this wuz a problem. I also have been squatting for 3 years soo I dont know why my form would be bad this particular time. I think it might have been lack of warm up. I am not sure.
    ah theres your problem, you were doing cardio reps. try 3, 2, or 1

Reeve is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reeve is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reeve is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reeve is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reeve is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reeve is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reeve is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reeve is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reeve is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reeve is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reeve is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Always wear a belt when squatting. I wuz squatting the other day without a belt and severely messed up my lower back. THis is the first time I have been able to get out of bed in like 2 or 3 days. I have a doc appointment tommorow, I have never had this much pain before... I think i really ****ed up my spine. PLEASE wear a weight belt when squatting.Just a heads up.

RUssell
    Sorry to hear about that bro. I had a very similar experience just about one year ago. Stretch often and do light squats (like 45-95 lbs) a few times a week. That should help if your problem is a ruptured disk.
    "Whatever doesn't kill me only makes me stronger."

FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It doesnt matter if you had a belt on or not, if you cant squat and your form sucks your gunna hurt yourself neways. Protective equipment doesnt always protect against stupidity.

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

http://fortified-iron.com/board/entry.php?2-FortifiedIron-Wave-Progress-For-Strength-Training

Per Ferrum, Ad Astra- Mel Siff

Peaked_18 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Peaked_18 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Peaked_18 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Peaked_18 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Peaked_18 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Peaked_18 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Peaked_18 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Peaked_18 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Peaked_18 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Peaked_18 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Peaked_18 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by phrozen
    how are you suppose to keep your back then, when squatting?
    Keep your Back straight like normal, if you are bending inward, you should feel pressure on your spine. Keep it so there is no pressure.

or

Look in the mirror and watch your back so it's like this:
    |
    |
    |

And not like:
    ||
    |
    |
    ||

Something like that.

CHSFOOTBALL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHSFOOTBALL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHSFOOTBALL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHSFOOTBALL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHSFOOTBALL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHSFOOTBALL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHSFOOTBALL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHSFOOTBALL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHSFOOTBALL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHSFOOTBALL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHSFOOTBALL is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

RUssell
    I hear'ya man, i screwed up my lower back a while back not using a belt, and while i can do squats once again, i can't do deadlifts or bent over rows. i use my belt religously now.
    Keepin' it real in the meth capital of the USA.

Bitches don't know bout my potential.

Take it easy, and if it's easy, take it home.

LEO FTW

YEA, CHS dont listen to these 130lbs idiots on the teen boards. I put it there so maybe someone will get a heads up. I was squatting before most of you guys hit puberty. People are criticizing my form? get real. I have been bodybuildign for almost 5 years. If anyone with sense is reading this, Get a belt !... a powerlifting belt.

www.Frackus.com

YEA, CHS dont listen to these 130lbs idiots on the teen boards. I put it there so maybe someone will get a heads up. I was squatting before most of you guys hit puberty. People are criticizing my form? get real. I have been bodybuildign for almost 5 years. If anyone with sense is reading this, Get a belt !... a powerlifting belt.
    Lol, they're ok for Heavy sets, but for warm-up sets and 10-12 rep sets, then you really don't need it. It's claimed to make your Back and it does if you get dependant on it.

And don't get started in flamming everyone, we're just trying to help out.

Some times it's posture, sometimes it's something else, we don't know.

k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Peaked_18
    Keep your Back straight like normal, if you are bending inward, you should feel pressure on your spine. Keep it so there is no pressure.

or

Look in the mirror and watch your back so it's like this:
    |
    |
    |

And not like:
    ||
    |
    |
    ||

Something like that.
    i'm not being sarcastic but i like the diagram i would have jsut done this | or ( but i like urs it made me use my brain.
    I reached my goal of 180... so where to now I don't know maybe 190 maybe 170. I think 190

Originally Posted by k1ngcro
    i'm not being sarcastic but i like the diagram i would have jsut done this | or ( but i like urs it made me use my brain.
    I forgot about those keys. Oh well, at least someone got it.

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    your abs are 100x more effective than any belt is ever going to be, build up strong abs and your spine will be supported nice and firmly..
    saying that once u start to get real serious ie 1-2x+ your bodyweight then yeah u definately should wear them for the added safety insurance
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

fabzmm will become famous soon enough. (+50) fabzmm will become famous soon enough. (+50) fabzmm will become famous soon enough. (+50) fabzmm will become famous soon enough. (+50) fabzmm will become famous soon enough. (+50) fabzmm will become famous soon enough. (+50) fabzmm will become famous soon enough. (+50) fabzmm will become famous soon enough. (+50) fabzmm will become famous soon enough. (+50) fabzmm will become famous soon enough. (+50) fabzmm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Its your form man. I remeber when i started squatting a little over a month ago, my back would kill. It was because my form was terrible. What I was doing was going down by arching my ass and not using my legs.

brandon11130 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandon11130 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandon11130 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandon11130 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandon11130 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandon11130 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandon11130 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandon11130 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandon11130 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandon11130 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandon11130 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im tellin you guys,, using the belts doesnt let ur back/ abs do any of the work, u ppl should lower ur weight and go w/o belts the body is a machine and every part works together to help the others. also try front squats they work great, and its not so much "strain on your backs"
    internet stats prove nothing
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=625231 my whole transformation
    www.myspace.com/brandon11130

TimD106 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I did improper weight lifting in school and in return got a buldging disk. I just do alot of ab work and lower back work. Lots of stretches help also. Are you sure it is ruptured? damn... thats ****ed up. I feel for u man, your problem is worse than mine but ****.. i know back pain is hell. I hope u get better
    Height: 5'11
    Weight: 205
    Bench Max: 330
    Squat max: 475
    Deadlift: 450, 3 times. No max on it.
    Powerclean: Last max (was in highschool) 250

Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i can squat close to 500 and i have never used a belt.
    Reps For Life:
    Richie209
    Onita
    BenchPressKing1
    injustcuz

RamSeS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RamSeS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RamSeS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RamSeS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RamSeS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RamSeS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RamSeS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RamSeS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RamSeS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RamSeS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RamSeS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    oh **** yeah I feel your pain bro. Like you, i don't know what the hell happened when I was deadlifting and my back just suddenly gave. holy **** it was super painful.