Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Question What about diet soda

What is everyone's opinion on diet sodas??? Can you drink them on a keto diet? I read that although they contain no sugar, that sometimes they have plenty of carbs but don't list them (as they are in the form of sucrogen instead of sugar). I would appreciate any help from they keto guru's out there...Thanx!
    "Feelin' Good Is Good Enough!"

Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I dont drink sodas or diet Sodas... from what Ive read the sweeteners in diet sodas can cause insulin release in some people.. so I just avoid them...
    Anxed

Pull another face
    rip another hide
    steal the waning moon
    from a dying bride
    all the world must die
    all the world must die
    ripped and skinned alive...

hamakayna is just really nice. (+1000) hamakayna is just really nice. (+1000) hamakayna is just really nice. (+1000) hamakayna is just really nice. (+1000) hamakayna is just really nice. (+1000) hamakayna is just really nice. (+1000) hamakayna is just really nice. (+1000) hamakayna is just really nice. (+1000) hamakayna is just really nice. (+1000) hamakayna is just really nice. (+1000) hamakayna is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've been avoiding diet soda too....

take a look at what fitnessman said in another thread

QUOTE:

"Posted by fitnessman on 07-19-2002 05:10 AM:

Soda's

Diet soda's can cause insulin responses in some. The fake
    sweetner fools the body into thinking it is getting sugar, in
    some. I do have a diet rite orange with dinner most nights.
    Splenda seems to be the better sweetner out there, but in
    general, limit quanities. "

Hope this helps......

Hama...
    "I have no idols, I admire hard work, dedication, and competence. " - Senna
    "In my experience there's no such thing as too much information." - Lex Luthor

Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks! Looks like my love-affair with soda will come to an immediate end...
    "Feelin' Good Is Good Enough!"

weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yeah i had to stop drinking cokes a while back, i haven't had one in about 4-5 mnths.. when i got on keto though i suddenly wanted one, but i resisted the urge. f them

brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    can u bulk on keto ...
    mike

Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by brooklyn mike
    can u bulk on keto ...
    not well IMO, Even mcdonald says this in "the ketogenic diet"

As far as diet soda, go for it, it should actually help in 2 ways, hydration and the caffeine. As for the sweetener it depends, some actually have caloric value, I would expect the insulin release to be small and short lived if there was one, it certainly depends though on the sweetener. If you tell me specifically which one I can try and find a little info for you.

brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    what about diet pepsi i drink that all day long...
    mike

Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hold on, let me try and get that info, I don't have the book in front of me BTW pepsi contains a blend of aspartame/acesulfame-k I think.

my info doesn't mention anything about insulin release at all but I understand this may still be an issue. Basically it says that saccharin's taste isn't up to par and causes cancer in lab rats. Aspartame a phenyketonoric or whatever it says on the bottle tastes good but causes allergic reactions in some people, cooking breaks it down. Acesulfame potassium is sweet, stable but there is concern over it's safety, there are a couple of internet sites about this. Sucralose is what it reccomends, I've used it plenty myself, it is pretty good but very syrupy.

speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I found an article that states that five studies from 1993 showed no evidence in any of these studies that aspartame or other artificial sweeteners caused an increased release of insulin.

Hope thats true...

speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Also:

The American Diabetes Association (ADA) has followed the FDA recommendations and recognizes that there is no credible scientific evidence linking aspartame to any health-related problems for people with diabetes, and that "it considers aspartame an acceptable sugar substitute and a safe part of a diabetic meal plan."

In fact, research shows that aspartame does not affect short-term or long-term blood sugar levels in people with diabetes.

HOW DO U USE THE KETO STICKS?...AND CAN I JSUT START KETO TOM OR DO I HAVE TO WOK INTO IT?...
    mike

Dubbl Dawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was worried too, then I realized that it doesn't ****ing matter about insulin.

Insulin isn't what makes you get fat. All those damn sweets and sugars are providing your body with more calories than you are burning so then you get fat.

Keto diets are all about eliminating glycogen stores in your body and allowing your body to burn fat stores by upregulating fat burning enzymes and by becoming more efficient at running on fats full time. I don't care how much insulin there is in my blood. **** it. As long as I don't have any sugars and no glycogen stores, my body has no choice but to burn fats and muscles. If it is physically impossible for my body to metabloize aspartame or saccahrin or sucralose, then who gives a flying **** what it does to my insulin? My body still has to run on fats because there ain't no sugar.

Make sense?

Well, stable insulin levels are necessary to avoid storing any circulating blood glucose as fat. Even if you're on keto your blood glucose never drops below 50 or so.

Originally posted by Dubbl Dawg
    I was worried too, then I realized that it doesn't ****ing matter about insulin.

Insulin isn't what makes you get fat. All those damn sweets and sugars are providing your body with more calories than you are burning so then you get fat.

Keto diets are all about eliminating glycogen stores in your body and allowing your body to burn fat stores by upregulating fat burning enzymes and by becoming more efficient at running on fats full time. I don't care how much insulin there is in my blood. **** it. As long as I don't have any sugars and no glycogen stores, my body has no choice but to burn fats and muscles. If it is physically impossible for my body to metabloize aspartame or saccahrin or sucralose, then who gives a flying **** what it does to my insulin? My body still has to run on fats because there ain't no sugar.

Make sense?
    it doesn't make any sense, do a bit of research and you will understand how important insulin levels are. Look specifically into the reason why Type II diabetics are overweight or why a drug like gluco****e can cause fat loss. Insulin levels are pivitol in losing fat, it is a storage hormone that very efficiently blocks fat loss.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by speda1
    [B]Also:

The American Diabetes Association (ADA) has followed the FDA ...

Good info, If they back it then so do I

Originally posted by speda1
    Well, stable insulin levels are necessary to avoid storing any circulating blood glucose as fat. Even if you're on keto your blood glucose never drops below 50 or so.
    Why would your body store fat if there is plenty of dietary fat available on a keto diet?

If I just ate a meal of protein and fat, and I got a "supposed" insulin spike from aspartame, the insulin would help me digest glucose, of which none was present in the meal, therefore it isn't going to kill my ketonic state.

The supposed science behind both our views is sound, unfortunately, there is a paucity of information regarding the effects of a ketogenic diet on all these fine and important bits.

Unless I missed the journal articles.

can u gain alot of muscle and loose a lot of fat on keto diet....
    mike

listen i know this is off subect but no one answers any other board axept for this one so im gonna post it here cause im tired of waiting...what do people think of this protein while on keto it looks like it was made for keto...

Consider this a deviant powder. Size powder is formulated to contain approximatley 30 % dietary fat. It is a FACT that all fats act as hormones in the body and cholesterol is the basis for steriod hormones ie. testosterone. When one's total caloric intake is approximately 15% or higher in dietary fat..the bodies metabolism is changed. For bodybuilders and individuls looking to achieve maximum anabolic effect from macronutrient intake, a recommendation of 25-30% of dietary fat is required. Fat controls the metabolic action and oxidation effects of the body.

The CURRENT PROBLEM with regular MRP's and so-called "anabolic powders" -
    99.9% of the powders on the market contain no fat. This is a HUGE mistake. This NO FAT theory dates back to the "Standard Bodybuilder Diet".. High protein, high carbs, low-fat". This diet practice is about as old as "Hot Stuff" and "Boron". The reason supplement companies dont use fat in their powders is that the powders would go rancid after 6 months of sitting on the shelf. The **************.com on the otherhand can ships the product right to its customers so the fat cannot go bad. Some supplement companies claim to use dietary fat, but take a close look at the amount they use..about 2 to 5 grams and usually just made up of sunflower oil (omega 6)..

Size Formula contains Alpha Linolenic acid, Lauric acid and capric acid. The advantages of omega 3 fatty acids (alpha linolenic acid) can be found on the flax oil page. The oil found in MCT powder derived from coconut oil contains these special benefits.1)BodyFat reduction-stimulating properties of coconut oil-direct result of thyroid simulation. Increase appetite while reducing bodyfat. 2) Reduce cholesterol levels.

Size Formula represents a new powder to increase your mass gains if your natural or using anabolics.

Will size powder make me fat?
    No, size powder was purposely formulated with MCT powder to combat this. Need further explantation. Here is a list of why MCT can possibly be a fat burner

1) Extra calories from MCT are converted to body heat, thus you burn more calories.
    2) "The enzymes that make new bodyfat and convert glucose into fat are less active if lipids like MCT oil are included in the diet..
    3)MCT oil may permit you to derive the anabolic effect of insuling while avoiding its fat promoting effects

Size formula mixed good and tastes good. The flax powder will settle at the bottum. DRINK IMMEDIATLEY

20% MCT 60%
    20% YOLK
    20% Ion exchange whey isolate
    20% Soy XT
    20% Isoflax

Serving Size 80 grams 1 cup (Servings per pound, 6)
    Protein 30 grams
    Carbs 15 grams
    Fat 24 grams

Calories 400

PRICE $6.97 per pound
    mike

Naah, I did'nt mean that an insulin spike would break ketosis without any available carbs. I was saying that if glucose were available (and it always is...to some degree) and insulin spikes there is a possibility of fat deposition.

Anyways, it probably does'nt matter anyway since it does'nt look like the artificial sweeteners raise insulin levels.

Let's hope not at least. I've been slamming about 6 diet softdrinks a day. Before this diet, I haven't had a softdrink in about a year. But now I crave them because they're one of the few sweet tasting things I can have that trick my body into thinking it had some carbs.

homerphi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Which diet soda's spike your insulin levels? I tend to drink diet soda when cutting because it makes me feel full.

homerphi, we don't know that they do conclusively. If you find research that shows that they do, post it.

xriddle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xriddle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xriddle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xriddle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xriddle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xriddle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xriddle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xriddle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xriddle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xriddle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xriddle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Atkins says no to aspartame. For health reasons though.

QUOTE "Aspartame: An artificial sweetener composed of two amino acids (phenylalanine and aspartic acid) that tastes 160 to 220 times sweeter than sugar. Aspartame, which is marketed as NutraSweet(r) and Equal(r), provides 4 calories per gram, but because so little is necessary, its contribution to calorie content is negligible. Atkins does not endorse the use of aspartame because of potential concerns about certain health issues."

http://atkinscenter.com/Archive/2001/12/15-325810.html#

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My mom's a nurse ( I don't know if that proves much) but I asked her why a lot of people believe soda is so bad when trying to keep fit, she said it was because soda is a diaruetic and makes it harder for the body to absorb water.

weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Retardo-pex
    My mom's a nurse ( I don't know if that proves much) but I asked her why a lot of people believe soda is so bad when trying to keep fit, she said it was because soda is a diaruetic and makes it harder for the body to absorb water.
    she is correct.. and for that matter caffeine is a diurectic