Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Registered User Dymondintheruff's Avatar
    Dymondintheruff is just really nice. (+1000) Dymondintheruff is just really nice. (+1000) Dymondintheruff is just really nice. (+1000) Dymondintheruff is just really nice. (+1000) Dymondintheruff is just really nice. (+1000) Dymondintheruff is just really nice. (+1000) Dymondintheruff is just really nice. (+1000) Dymondintheruff is just really nice. (+1000) Dymondintheruff is just really nice. (+1000) Dymondintheruff is just really nice. (+1000) Dymondintheruff is just really nice. (+1000)

Smile New goals for this summer

So I have a new goal, since school is out I might as well find something to put my mind to the end of June, this one fits the bill and I wish I had found it much earlier. My goal is to deadlift 300 pounds and with the help of the Coan/Phillipi Deadlift Routine, by Mark Phillipi, I am gettin'er done. So far, my last workout yesterday consisted of deads and I got to 255 for two reps then did five sets of deads afterwards of 200 pounds for 3 reps. The rest periods in between were 120 seconds. I really was supposed to get 270, but couldn't pull it. Have been watching Riptoe videos and that has helped me much and I haven't got near 245 before for a long time, so it's really been a long road. Strengthening the low back and abs doing back extensions, good mornings and "evil wheel" roll outs, haha. Getting close to a full roll out on my feet and trying to get away from using the knees in that one. I couldn't even roll out with my arms ahead a month ago, now I can and doing this with one knee on a bosu and the other leg extended and I switch sides every set. I have been motivated by other women in videos doing heavy deads, it's all me since I've not seen any other woman doing deads this heavy, only a handfull of men do them...Pity, they should push themselves harder and reap the rewards. Anyway, enough ranting. This is what my current workout looked like yesterday.

Warm up for ten mins consisting of back rolls, ninja jump tucks(something i learned from Zuzana on bodyrock tv...and she certainly looks hot doing them, you go missy!),jumping rope.

then...Deadlifts, working up to 170/5, 200/4, 225/3, 240/2, 255/2
    then speed sets of Deadlifts with 120 sec in between sets: five sets of 210/3
    Deadhang Pullups: five sets of five
    Good mornings: 60/10, 80/9, 90/5, 110/5
    Back Extensions: Three sets of 20 reps, working towards more reps as I want those thick cables on my low back! Et c'tous!
    Um..It just sort of hit me like..um..a two ton heavy thing
    What day is it and where the hell am I?

Dymondintheruff is just really nice. (+1000) Dymondintheruff is just really nice. (+1000) Dymondintheruff is just really nice. (+1000) Dymondintheruff is just really nice. (+1000) Dymondintheruff is just really nice. (+1000) Dymondintheruff is just really nice. (+1000) Dymondintheruff is just really nice. (+1000) Dymondintheruff is just really nice. (+1000) Dymondintheruff is just really nice. (+1000) Dymondintheruff is just really nice. (+1000) Dymondintheruff is just really nice. (+1000)

Smile I shouldn't complain...I won't complain! Also, WEEK FIVE has begun.

It's freaking hot and humid out, I could almost swim home from work tonite that's how muggy it is here, but we have six months out of the year that it's winter so I will shut up now about the weather and enjoy it. So worked out today and sweat like a maniac...like a guilty person going through a lie detector test...like a(ok u get the picture right?) So my workout on May 24 looked like this:

Warm up for ten mins

Deadlifts, working up to 240 for 3...160/4, 190/3, 215/3, 240/3, 240/1, 240/2, 240/3
    then speed sets of deads with 120 sec between sets
    Deadlifts, 195/3, 195/3, 195/3
    PowerCleans 90/6, 90/5, 80/5, 80/5, 80/5
    DB StiffLegged Deads 40/11, 50/10, 30/10

I had quickly lost steam and strength, I bet due to the heat and humidity so called it quits.

For today's workout, I was so tired from the heat, I could barely drag my ass into the garage to complete a fast workout, but with the help of Gaspari's Superpump, I was on my way! lol it really did help me. It was only jumping rope for one minute, then snatches for as many good reps possible, and then KB Swings for 20 reps. Did this for 4 rounds and I was done, dripping with sweat. I know it doesn't sound like a big workout, but when you are working out in such heat...man!

Tomorrow is squats. K over and out, off to bed.
    Attached Images

Phew, it was freaking hot, could have fried an egg on the pavement-hot.

Squats were really difficult and i didn't get what i was supposed to. My max set for 3 reps was supposed to be at 240, but I got to 220 and could barely get up from the last rep. I almost crumpled under the weight. I was pretty discouraged about it and to add to the fact that my weight has jumped to 160 pounds while doing this program made me want to cry. I don't like the way I look but will just tough it out until it's done. There's only 4 more weeks to go, but if I keep missing my target weights then it might be 5 to 6 weeks. I know it will be so worth it in the end and it's worth it now, because I feel so strong!

ok, workouts getting better again

So the humidity is over and now I can breathe again. The workouts are back to their normal intensity and I have my energy back. So down to business...so workout on May 28th was four rounds of Ring Push Ups, Ring Reverse Jacknife(feet in rings), Ninja Jump Tucks, Jump Rope, Plate Push across floor(35 lbs), and Ring Tricep Dips. I had a minute to do as many reps as possible for each exercise and done for 4 rounds.

Next...May 31st was Deads----horrible as my back was KILLING me due to 'visitors'. Could barely get 230 for 1. That really sucked.

June 1st was squats. Much better as the air cooled a bit and the garage was bareable.

June 2nd was cleans, and I worked up to 120 lbs for 2 reps. Then did Jerks from rack, Shoulder Presses and rear delt and rhomboid work. My delts where crying for mercy!

NOW, June 3rd, was my best deadlift day ever as I worked up to 260 lbs for 2 reps! YAAAAYYYY! LOL I know it doesn't sound like much to most, but it's the most I've ever deadlifted and I'm getting so close to 300, I can taste it.

Does anyone have any opinions on weighted vests? I am looking to invest in one for my running/sprints.

Deadlift break

Had to take a long break from deadlifting as my low back wasn't healing properly most likely due to not taking enough time off between workouts and trying to train at maximum capacity every workout. Well it lead to burnout. My desire to attempt deads at this moment is nil. The drive will return as it usually does. Anyway, I`ve added carnitine to my pre workout supps and I cannot believe the amount of sweat that comes out of me! I do my 10 minute warm up of rope jumping then start my workout. About 15 minutes into it, the sweat is just pouring off like never before. I`m taking about 1500 mg`s of carnitine with one Hemodrene tab and some Superdump. Works everytime!

The gym idiots

So I've started my kickboxing again, who really needs to pay $60 a month to go to a martial arts club when I can use the gym's punching bag, right? Well it sucks because the gym has only one bag and every freaking time I use it, and I do use it for about 45 minutes at a time...I mean REALLY using it with punches and kicks, not just two punches every minute(wait, I'm getting to it) So every time I use it, there are always these gym idiots that think just because they take martial arts and watch UFC that they have the right to go in, throw 3 punches then walk away while I am in the middle of my workout. My workout is timed and I cannot stop for nothing or no one. It's hilarious as they pop their heads in the room to see if I'm done and when they see that I'm not done, they stomp off in a UFC rage! You know what? All I can say is, "BWWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA F*****S I got here first! Just another reason I can't wait to get my own punching bag for my garage and not have to tolerate the gym!

nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I didn't realize you were journaling again. I'll be following. Good luck with your goals.

Yeppers, Merry Christmas to all my buddies here!

Originally Posted by nockowt1 View Post
    I didn't realize you were journaling again. I'll be following. Good luck with your goals.
    Hey, ya well i had good intentions to stick to my online journaling but then i started school and then that was that, i just read my last post and chuckled because i still go to the gym and i work out lots in my apartment too. I only go to the gym if i know i can use the cardio room when there aren't any scheduled classes and if i think my workout will be too noisy for the people who live in the basement apartment. Yes i am considerate of my other neighboors and they are for me with noise levels and such. I have been following crossfit workouts and i also follow Bodyrock TV with Zuzanna and she kicks my ass with her posted workouts. I have lost a couple of pounds and now all of my clothes, pants especially are way to big, talk about major cinching going on! haha I hope everyone is doing ok and having some awesome workouts. Will try to post more often, but it's study time right now so......k until next time

Talking Earn your food for the day!

Yes, today I will earn my food as I will be spending a big part of the day sitting and studying. So my workout needs to be a killer. Here's an exercise challenge for all my lady friends: Do 300 jump lunges, or 200 jumping pullups(these will annihilate your arms and back) and if you like, you can post your times here. I will be doing 300 jump lunges and then I am heading out to snowshoe for an hour. Then STUDYYYYY! ugh.......So if you feel up to it, giver, and it's not just for the ladies too, men should try it out! The time to beat is 14 minutes as per Zuzanna! She rocks!

Wink 300 Jump Lunges

Ya, it took me 17 minutes to complete as I was a tad distracted. Just couldn't wrap my brain aroun the workout 100%, but i still did it, and yes i was making a puddle on the floor with sweat. Now going to the gym to do some light clean and jerks, and some ninja jumps. Love Ninja jumps and i always get the weirdest look from people when i do them. I don't do them out in the open gym, only in the cardio room where there is a bit more privacy yet people still have to go in and see what the heck it is I'm doing. LOL, I find Zuzanna's workouts just kick ass and they are totally tailorable to anyone. Is "tailorable" a word? I don't know. Does it matter? So here goes.....

Holidays!

Yep, enjoying the holidays, and I'm not at home to do my workouts, haven't worked out since Dec 21, so trying to not fill my face with all the European pastries and such, but they are sooooo good! Instead I'm doing my runs, and will get back to my regular workouts in a few days. Merry Christmas Everyone and Happy New Years!

Smile Who needs cardio when you've got burpees and pullups!

Yep, 100 burpee pullups! That's what I'm going to the gym to do now, wish me energy!

100 burpee pullups! wtf

Well i didnt do 100, i did about 30 and was huffin and a'puffin! Bodyrock and Zuzanna kick my ass. It's all i can do to drop the bulk, sick and tired of it and that "puffy" feeling. Since i dropped the "bodybuilding" type workouts, got on "crossfit" type workouts and mixing it with Zuzanna's posted workouts i've had no more back pain. I think though i was training to my max every squat and deads workout so no wonder. I've seen a few vids of some hardcore powerlifting and crazaayyy training and itching to get under the bar again....this summer, see how it goes one day at a time....and to say the kind of low back pain i had? The kind that wouldn't even let me pick up my 8 pound cat or lean over the sink to brush my teeth! It was pitiful, sad, and depressing. I learned my lesson the hard way. Don't be too eager!

nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Unfortunately I know exactly how back pain like that feels. I hope you get back to the point where you can squat and deadlift again.