Page 72 of 96 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,160 of 2859
    Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Samraiwise View Post
    Thank you for the kind words. *bow*

I think the words, "most awesome log" doesn't apply to my journal. Because while most of our friends here have clear goals and plans, and try very hard to reach what they set, my goal is still vague.

I miss my old friends here (can't believe it's over 10 years?) and am hoping my staying here could be a enough excuse for some of them to drop by someday. (more than few already did! )

I also made some new friends as great as them (while not as many as), and reading their journals here and exchanging ideas with them are really inspirational and helping me a great deal with keeping my spirit correct and high.

Now we only have 30 plus active journals.
    Wish more new ones would join here <Over 35 Workout Journals>. *bow*
    There's nothing wrong with ambiguity. You're a poet at heart, Kaz, not a workhorse. You work hard, and you express yourself and display your results in a unique and creative way, one which many of us find inspiring.

Keep doing what you're doing, and know that it's appreciated!
    β€œThose who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

πŸ₯‹ A Karate Kid age 64 πŸ”₯ Samraiwise's Avatar
    Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    There's nothing wrong with ambiguity. You're a poet at heart, Kaz, not a workhorse. You work hard, and you express yourself and display your results in a unique and creative way, one which many of us find inspiring.

Keep doing what you're doing, and know that it's appreciated!
    I'm touched and flattered, that's very nice. *bow*

I want to be healthy, strong and functional, uh-oh, that's what we call a workhorse....

Dave, I look up to you. I want your courage and your will, so not to give up anything.
    Last edited by Samraiwise; 05-21-2018 at 04:19 AM.
    🌺 Lauren Brooks Kelly (snailsrus) - Jul 25, 1991 – Jan 29, 2022
    Thread: RIP Snails : https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=181070293&page=100

⭐ Samurai Break: 140kg(308lb) Failed Bench Press Recovery Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8eIkpZ29u0
    ⭐ Over 35 Journals > Samurai, Without Ever Having Felt Sorry For Itself:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4832373&page=200
    πŸ“Œ Please Call me Kaz, a 64-year-old πŸ₯‹ Karate Kid in Tokyo.

Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz
    Audiobook and jogging

1) Speed

It depends on what kind of book I listen. For a fast paced story, listening audiobook is very efficient way of reading, especially if the H/W can adjust playing speed. When I get stuck at a part irrelvent to the main story, I'd find myself repeatedly rewinding and replaying so it would take time twice as much.

When I get used to listening audiobook, like reading I become able to skip automatically the parts which I may not understand or I actually don't care because it's irrelevant to the main plot.

----------------------------

CIMG4893.jpg
    CIMG4880-4.jpg
    CIMG4912.jpg
    CIMG4941.jpg
    CIMG5013.jpg
    CIMG5085.jpg
    Thread: RIP Snails : https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=181070293&page=100

May 2018 Jogging & walk:

2nd 13km (8.1 mi)
    5th 15km (9.3 mi)
    6th 13km (8.1 mi)
    9th 15km (9.3 mi) *rain & wind
    12th 15km (9.3 mi)
    13th 15km (9.3 mi) *rain & wind
    16th 13km (8.1 mi)
    19th 19km (11.8 mi)
    20th 14km (8.7 mi)
    23rd ?
    26th ?
    27th ?
    -----------------
    Total 132km (82 mi)

-----------------------

The day was beautiful. Clear blue sky with fluffy white clouds quickly flowing with strong wind. Look of the sky was rapidly changing into kaleidoscopic beauty. I felt very fortunate.

A cold beer on days like this is the reason I live for.

(Usually I take photos using 16:9 ratio and crop them into square 1:1, but this day I accidentally touched camera menu and changed it to 4:3 instead. Naturally I find the scenery looks better with this aspect ratio 4:3 than square 1:1.)

CIMG5146.JPG
    CIMG5189.JPG
    CIMG5311.JPG
    CIMG5314.JPG
    CIMG5154.JPG
    CIMG5166.JPG
    Last edited by Samraiwise; 05-21-2018 at 11:10 PM.

When the summer is so close the sun rises high enough and encourages me to take back-light photos. And I like that.

It's been over three months since my hamstring injury. Though I still refrain from doing left front kick and right side kick because of extreme stretch of left hamstring those two types of kick require, I started to regain self confidence and hope for complete recovery.

Now I have to start giving my left elbow a break for it to heal properly. Almost a month since pain started which was caused by heavy chin-ups. Should have started earlier, but better late than never.

CIMG5297.JPG
    CIMG5252.JPG
    CIMG5288.JPG
    CIMG5260.JPG
    CIMG5267.JPG
    CIMG5202.JPG
    Last edited by Samraiwise; 05-22-2018 at 06:25 AM.

storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thank you for the kind words. *bow*

I think the words, "most awesome log" doesn't apply to my journal. Because while most of our friends here have clear goals and plans, and try very hard to reach what they set, my goal is still vague.

I miss my old friends here (can't believe it's over 10 years?) and am hoping my staying here could be a enough excuse for some of them to drop by someday. (more than a few already did! )

I also made some new friends as great as them (while not as many as), and reading their journals here and exchanging ideas with them are really inspirational and helping me a great deal with keeping my spirit correct and high.

Now we only have 30 plus active journals.
    Wish more new ones would join here <Over 35 Workout Journals>. *bow*
    Dropping by. It's been a while since I've made the rounds.

Good to see you staying with it....looking good.
    My current log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158720023&p=1173746753&posted=1#post1173746753

A step backwards is better than a setback.

If this (insert whatever trivial thing that is upsetting me) is the worst thing to happen today, I'm going to have a great day.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by storm1507 View Post
    Dropping by. It's been a while since I've made the rounds.

Good to see you staying with it....looking good.
    WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL! Thanks!! It's about time for someone to check this old codger!!! Your visit made my day!!!!

Just have moved your name from the list of "MIA" to "AAK", meaning still alive and kicking!

I'll be here also for others as long as I am breathing. So don't be a stranger and enjoy your life, my old friend.

storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks Kaz.

Definitely enjoying my blessed life.
    My current log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158720023&p=1173746753&posted=1#post1173746753

A step backwards is better than a setback.

If this (insert whatever trivial thing that is upsetting me) is the worst thing to happen today, I'm going to have a great day.

ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    When the summer is so close the sun rises high enough and encourages me to take back-light photos. And I like that.

It's been over three months since my hamstring injury. Though I still refrain from doing left front kick and right side kick because of extreme stretch of left hamstring those two types of kick require, I started to regain self confidence and hope for complete recovery.

Now I have to start giving my left elbow a break for it to heal properly. Almost a month since pain started which was caused by heavy chin-ups. Should have started earlier, but better late than never.
    Chinups did a number on my elbows a couple of years back as well. I think my grip was too narrow. I've been doing wide-ish grip pullups without issue, and I think I can do chinups with my grip a bit wider. Also, Ibuprofin, ice and elbow wraps helped some. Still, looks like you will need a break from it for a while. Those tendons don't heal fast, especially at our age!

Good that the hamstring is coming along, though. That's a biggie!
    -Voltaire

Originally Posted by storm1507 View Post
    Thanks Kaz.

Definitely enjoying my blessed life.
    See you later, my brother!

Chinups did a number on my elbows a couple of years back as well. I think my grip was too narrow. I've been doing wide-ish grip pullups without issue, and I think I can do chinups with my grip a bit wider. Also, Ibuprofin, ice and elbow wraps helped some. Still, looks like you will need a break from it for a while. Those tendons don't heal fast, especially at our age!

Good that the hamstring is coming along, though. That's a biggie!
    Thanks Dave, that is a very sound advice coming from the real experience.

You are right, aside from load and volume, one of the leading sources of elbow injury might be grip options.

Instead of drastically reducing work load or volume, to find an alternative grip position with less pain sometimes is worth trying. Though it will take more time than just stopping the exercise until complete healing, I can use relatively heavier load and volume than simple rehabilitation.

Usually I have five grip options.

1. Pull Ups with pronated wide grip
    2. Pull Ups with pronated shoulder width grip

3. Chin Ups with supinated shoulder width grip
    4. Chin Ups with supinated narrow grip
    5. Chin Ups with parallel grip (using U shaped attachment)

This time, I find both pronated grips the most painless.

Because I cannot try two things at the same time and compare the results, there always remains a doubt whether what I did was right or not. With such a lack of conviction, it is difficult to control the intensity and volume properly and consistently.

In each workout, my elbow pain subsides after several painful warmingup and acclimation sets. While strongly suspecting pain comes back after the session, also hoping pain might never come back. *Ice is normally work for injury right after it happened. For the one like mine, which already became chronic, heat/warming might work better it seems.

Why don't we just simply stop the exercise until healing is complete?
    What is driving us so crazy?

I think it's an idle fear not ego, that once I allow the poundage to go down it will never come back.

But we both know, your coming back already proved it was not always so. You are a role model of that. *bow*
    Last edited by Samraiwise; 05-29-2018 at 12:27 AM.

----------------------------------

May 2018 Jogging & walk:

2nd 13km (8.1 mi)
    5th 15km (9.3 mi)
    6th 13km (8.1 mi)
    12th 15km (9.3 mi)
    16th 13km (8.1 mi)
    19th 19km (11.8 mi)
    20th 14km (8.7 mi)
    23rd 17km (10.6 mi)
    26th 16km (10 mi)
    27th 13km (8.1 mi)
    30th ?
    -----------------
    Total 178km (111 mi)
    -----------------------

One more day left. Weather forecast says it would be overcast and later may rain.

Finally, I'm back in business!! No pain, thanks to my body's patience? *bow*

CIMG5398.jpg
    CIMG5452.jpg
    CIMG5407.jpg
    CIMG5460.jpg
    CIMG5593.jpg
    CIMG5608.jpg

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Impressive work Kaz. Unfortunately I cannot give you reputation points again yet.

Originally Posted by grouchyjarhead View Post
    Impressive work Kaz. Unfortunately I cannot give you reputation points again yet.
    Hey my friend, that is always back payments for all those inspirations you already have given me and also my thank you notes for your support as well. Beside you are a great company at the book 52 challenge thread. *bow*

Your military style PT, especially rucking with weight for miles inspired me for the next 20 years of my life.

Distance at each jogging session isn't much but total of 13 times I jogged this month. My body could use a little rest.

May 2018 Jogging

2nd 13km (8.1 mi)
    5th 15km (9.3 mi)
    6th 13km (8.1 mi)
    12th 15km (9.3 mi)
    16th 13km (8.1 mi)
    19th 19km (11.8 mi)
    20th 14km (8.7 mi)
    23rd 17km (10.6 mi)
    26th 16km (10 mi)
    27th 13km (8.1 mi)
    30th 17km (10.6 mi)
    -----------------
    Total 195km (121 mi)
    -----------------------

Behind me was a concrete bridge pier under construction.

I look like some kind of bug.........

CIMG5693.JPG
    CIMG5713.JPG
    CIMG5735.JPG
    CIMG5760.JPG
    CIMG5848.JPG
    CIMG5865.JPG
    Last edited by Samraiwise; 06-10-2018 at 10:27 PM.

June 2018 Jogging

2nd 17km (10.6 mi)
    3rd 13km (8.1 mi)
    9th 16km (10 mi)
    10th 13km (8.1 mi) rain

-----------------
    Total 59km (37 mi)
    -----------------------

Audiobook and jogging

Distraction and mindwandering

During boring parts, my mind tends to wander. When I'm listening audiobook my eyes are free, easily distracted by any visual stimuli, say a pretty girl is jogging from opposite direction, automatically my eyes locks on to her and neck turns chasing her butt....ahem.

Each time I miss the important part I stop my legs, re-wind the file and replay. If it is the last part of the file, then I have to go back to the file and fast-forward it. When the file's time duration is over one hour, it would be tiresome. I can jump to the pre-bookmarked point but I cannot search and jump to the specific point which is not bookmarked beforehand. It depends on what I missed but lately I let it go and move on more occasions than I like. When I read e-books(or paper) that would never happen.

I look like some kind of Ape.

CIMG5944.JPG
    CIMG5974.JPG
    CIMG6011.JPG
    CIMG6028.JPG
    CIMG6050.JPG
    CIMG6089.JPG
    Last edited by Samraiwise; 06-10-2018 at 10:26 PM.

HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good work, Katz!
    Congratulations for keeping on keeping on!
    At age 64, I've exceeded all my prior PRs. Not β€œover the hill” yet. :)

My workout journal is here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176385621

Originally Posted by HomeGymChains View Post
    Good work, Katz!
    Congratulations for keeping on keeping on!
    Thanks man!!

June 2018 Jogging

2nd 17km (10.6 mi)
    3rd 13km (8.1 mi)
    9th 16km (10 mi)
    10th 13km (8.1 mi) rain
    13th 13km (8.1 mi)
    -----------------
    Total 72km (45 mi)
    -----------------------

Audiobook and jogging

Details, words and quality

Recently I noticed that I remember less details after listening than reading. When I read I don't skip a line, but when I listen I may miss more than a few lines when those distractions catch my attention. Therefore my focus tends to be on the story line not on the individual words.

When I listen, more often than not I have a difficulty in making out precise characters' names or Sci-fi terms authors created without prior knowledges. When I miss a word, often I can't decide whether I don't know the word itself or I don't hear it properly.

If the story is emotional one then I'd rather read sitting in my room a glass of sake in one hand for I want to relish every word in it. On the other hand if the story is filled with fast-paced actions then I listen while I jog, hoping the excitement of the story gives me a push for an additional mile.

CIMG6133.jpg
    CIMG6151.jpg
    CIMG6187.jpg
    CIMG6168.jpg
    CIMG6302.jpg
    CIMG6230.jpg

Thanks man!!

June 2018 Jogging

2nd 17km (10.6 mi)
    3rd 13km (8.1 mi)
    9th 16km (10 mi)
    10th 13km (8.1 mi) rain
    13th 13km (8.1 mi)
    -----------------
    Total 72km (45 mi)
    -----------------------

Audiobook and jogging

Details, words and quality

Recently I noticed that I remember less details after listening than reading. When I read I don't skip a line, but when I listen I may miss more than a few lines when those distractions catch my attention. Therefore my focus tends to be on the story line not on the individual words.

When I listen, more often than not I have a difficulty in making out precise characters' names or Sci-fi terms authors created without prior knowledges. When I miss a word, often I can't decide whether I don't know the word itself or I don't hear it properly.

If the story is emotional one then I'd rather read sitting in my room a glass of sake in one hand for I want to relish every word in it. On the other hand if the story is filled with fast-paced actions then I listen while I jog, hoping the excitement of the story gives me a push for an additional mile.
    Got some intensity in the photos, Kaz! Looking fantastic!

I'm with you on the audiobooks vs reading. If I miss a spot on the printed page, I just have to shift my vision back again. Takes a couple of seconds. If I miss something in the audio, it's harder to go back and catch the train of everything. A lot of time it just fades into background noise. Reading is much more engaging.

Another thing is that very often I don't like the voices used in the audio versions. There just not the voice I envision when reading. If I'm reading, my imagination supplies its own voice, which I like more.

That said, I kind of like video tutorials more than just reading them from a text.
    -Voltaire

Got some intensity in the photos, Kaz! Looking fantastic!
    Thanks Dave! Little by little I'm starting to regain muscle mass. I think reducing the distance of my jogging is working.
    I'm with you on the audiobooks vs reading. If I miss a spot on the printed page, I just have to shift my vision back again. Takes a couple of seconds. If I miss something in the audio, it's harder to go back and catch the train of everything. A lot of time it just fades into background noise. Reading is much more engaging.

Another thing is that very often I don't like the voices used in the audio versions. There just not the voice I envision when reading. If I'm reading, my imagination supplies its own voice, which I like more.

That said, I kind of like video tutorials more than just reading them from a text.
    I know you are an engineer kind of guy who loves to read technical stuff and non-fictions. Not only that you make and fix everything you need in your life.

I love fictions and the sillier the better, LOL.

While you watch video tutorials, I watch movies.

June 2018 Jogging

2nd 17km (10.6 mi)
    3rd 13km (8.1 mi)
    9th 16km (10 mi)
    10th 13km (8.1 mi) rain
    13th 13km (8.1 mi)
    15th 17km (10.6 mi)
    16th 18km (11.2 mi)
    -----------------
    Total 107km (66.5 mi)
    -----------------------

Rainy season ("plum rain" in Japanese) started here in Japan. It appears this one would be the last day with a blue sky in the next few weeks.

In the traditional sense, we Japanese have six seasons instead of four,
    spring, plum-rain(pre-summer), summer, pre and early fall rainy season (also most of Typhoons happen in this season), fall and winter.

Rain in this season is actually beneficial to distance running since it lowers the body temperature. The catch is rain soaking wet shoes after the run. You have to wash and dry the pair otherwise it......... smells.

So naturally I have a pair which is easy to wash and dry also hard to shrink.

This is exactly what a Pak Protector in Larry Niven's Known Space universe looks like. Sorry I'm reading currently "Ringworld" series.

CIMG6328.JPG
    CIMG6348.JPG
    CIMG6445.JPG
    CIMG6460.JPG
    CIMG6472.JPG
    CIMG6478.JPG
    Last edited by Samraiwise; 06-19-2018 at 11:35 PM.

Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I agree with this. In addition to the ease to re-read something when your mind wanders, I think that you just retain more since you're arguably using two senses when reading: sight and also sound as you're saying it (sort of) to yourself in your mind.

Lookin' good in here Kaz. That's an awe-inspiring running distance that you've been accumulating lately!
    Pull-Up PR: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177233951

Originally Posted by Payton1221 View Post
    I agree with this. In addition to the ease to re-read something when your mind wanders, I think that you just retain more since you're arguably using two senses when reading: sight and also sound as you're saying it (sort of) to yourself in your mind.

Lookin' good in here Kaz. That's an awe-inspiring running distance that you've been accumulating lately!
    It's been a long time since I stopped jogging with music. Sometimes I wonder what it's like.

Now, I cannot live or jog without audiobook.

----------

Thanks my friend! *bow*

----------------------------

June 2018 Jogging

2nd 17km (10.6 mi)
    3rd 13km (8.1 mi)
    9th 16km (10 mi)
    10th 13km (8.1 mi) rain
    13th 13km (8.1 mi)
    16th 17km (10.6 mi) rain
    17th 18km (11.2 mi) rain
    20th 17km (10.6 mi) rain
    23rd 18km (11.2 mi) rain
    24th 15km (9.3 mi)
    27th 13km (8.1 mi) Wind
    30th ?
    -----------------
    Total 170km (105.6 mi)
    -----------------------

CIMG6519.JPG
    CIMG6580.JPG
    CIMG6644.jpg
    CIMG6637.JPG
    CIMG6571.JPG
    CIMG6715.JPG

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi Kaz, hopefully its sunny like that often there, but I understand about the wet conditions helping you cool down.

Looking good, and you are piling up some impressive mileage!
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

I can sure notice the change of seasons in those photos!
    -Voltaire

Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    Hi Kaz, hopefully its sunny like that often there, but I understand about the wet conditions helping you cool down.

Looking good, and you are piling up some impressive mileage!
    Thanks, my friend.

We had enjoyed sunshine whole week. According to the weather forecast, it will rain this weekend. When it rains I don't have to bring my camera and tripod. It's a little easier jogging without them.

I can sure notice the change of seasons in those photos!
    Speaking of change of seasons, there is another one you cannot see in the photos.

I prefer jogging on grassy terrains to asphalt in order to keep shoe soles from wearing down quickly. But in summer, the season of bug bites, after jogging often I find unknown itchy red spots especially on lower legs and ankles. Sometimes it takes weeks till stop itching.

Jun 2018 Jogging

2nd 17km (10.6 mi)
    3rd 13km (8.1 mi)
    9th 16km (10 mi)
    10th 13km (8.1 mi) rain
    13th 13km (8.1 mi)
    16th 17km (10.6 mi)
    17th 18km (11.2 mi)
    20th 17km (10.6 mi)
    23rd 18km (11.2 mi)
    24th 15km (9.3 mi)
    27th 13km (8.1 mi)
    30th 13km (8.1 mi)
    ====================
    Total 183km (113.7 mi)
    -----------------------

2018 Jogging monthly
    -----------------------
    Jan 181km (112.5 mi)
    Feb 150km (93 mi)
    Mar 155km (96 mi)
    Apr 185km (115 mi)
    May 178km (111 mi)
    Jun 183km (113.7 mi)
    ====================
    Total 1,032km (641 mi)

Total 1,166km (725 mi) *2017 Jan - Jun*

I've been trying to cut back distance this year for strength and muscle gain. But obviously not much success. After years of jogging it becomes inextricable part of my life. I know finding the right balance between lifting and jogging is important.

Watching the blue sky and water, listening an audiobook and thinking about cold beer..........a sudden change of heart,

"Why not? Just one more mile couldn't hurt!"

Year 2017 Jogging monthly
    -----------------------
    Jan 263km (163 mi)
    Feb 200km (124 mi)
    Mar 196km (122 mi)
    Apr 198km (123 mi)
    May 169km (105 mi)
    Jun 140km (87 mi)
    Jul 185km (115 mi)
    Aug 220km (137 mi)
    Sep 198km (123 mi)
    Oct 197km (122 mi)
    Nov 200km (124 mi)
    Dec 224km (139 mi)
    ====================
    Total 2,390 km (1,484 mi)

There were a bunch of old guys flying kites over yonder. Probably younger than me though....they look so happy.

CIMG6795.JPG
    CIMG6881.JPG
    CIMG6821.JPG
    CIMG6877.JPG
    CIMG6946.JPG
    CIMG6923.JPG
    Last edited by Samraiwise; 07-07-2018 at 12:14 AM.

Jun 2018 Jogging

2nd 17km (10.6 mi)
    3rd 13km (8.1 mi)
    9th 16km (10 mi)
    10th 13km (8.1 mi) rain
    13th 13km (8.1 mi)
    16th 17km (10.6 mi)
    17th 18km (11.2 mi)
    20th 17km (10.6 mi)
    23rd 18km (11.2 mi)
    24th 15km (9.3 mi)
    27th 13km (8.1 mi)
    30th 13km (8.1 mi)
    ====================
    Total 183km (113.7 mi)
    -----------------------

2018 Jogging monthly
    -----------------------
    Jan 181km (112.5 mi)
    Feb 150km (93 mi)
    Mar 155km (96 mi)
    Apr 185km (115 mi)
    May 178km (111 mi)
    Jun 183km (113.7 mi)
    ====================
    Total 1,032km (641 mi)

Total 1,166km (725 mi) *2017 Jan - Jun*

I've been trying to cut back distance this year for strength and muscle gain. But obviously not much success. After years of jogging it becomes inextricable part of my life. I know finding the right balance between lifting and jogging is important.

Watching the blue sky and water, listening an audiobook and thinking about cold beer..........a sudden change of heart,

"Why not? Just one more mile couldn't hurt!"

Year 2017 Jogging monthly
    -----------------------
    Jan 263km (163 mi)
    Feb 200km (124 mi)
    Mar 196km (122 mi)
    Apr 198km (123 mi)
    May 169km (105 mi)
    Jun 140km (87 mi)
    Jul 185km (115 mi)
    Aug 220km (137 mi)
    Sep 198km (123 mi)
    Oct 197km (122 mi)
    Nov 200km (124 mi)
    Dec 224km (139 mi)
    ====================
    Total 2,390 km (1,484 mi)

There were a bunch of old guys flying kites over yonder. Probably younger than me though....they look so happy.

Attachment 8945271
    Attachment 8945281
    Attachment 8945291
    Attachment 8945301
    Attachment 8945311
    Attachment 8945321
    Even in the middle of your super-metropolis, you always find a way of creating a striking background for your poses, Kaz. That's a true talent.

As for cutting back the running, your body and your heart will tell you what to do. I don't run that well, so emphasizing weights is easy for me. But I've heard many runners speak about the joy that comes from the act of running, and I could never ask them to give that up.

Just hit the weights as best you can, and your running will probably respond naturally.
    -Voltaire

HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi Kaz,

I have a workout story I thought you might like.

When I travel, most of the hotels I stay at typically have a few treadmills plus a weight bench and a rack of dumbbells up to 50 pounds. (I mean, seriously, don't they know that some guests actually lift?) So in the few minutes I have to work out, one of the things I do is to grab the 50's and do sets of high-rep bench presses. When I logged the workout into the BodySpace app here, though, it appears I broke its one-rep-max calculator.

Instead of saying something normal, like my set with the 50's would indicate a one-rep-max of 75 pounds (or 80, or even 90), the app calculated my one-rep-max at 258 pounds! (That would put me above every dumbbell bench press video on youtube.) Next time I come to Japan, perhaps you would be willing to spot me when I attempt that!
    At age 64, I've exceeded all my prior PRs. Not β€œover the hill” yet. :)

My workout journal is here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176385621

Even in the middle of your super-metropolis, you always find a way of creating a striking background for your poses, Kaz. That's a true talent.
    Thank you Dave, I'm glad to hear you say that. *bow*
    When you found a good spot, the job was already half done!

As for cutting back the running, your body and your heart will tell you what to do. I don't run that well, so emphasizing weights is easy for me. But I've heard many runners speak about the joy that comes from the act of running, and I could never ask them to give that up.

Just hit the weights as best you can, and your running will probably respond naturally.
    It's an addiction, even for a slow runner like me, seriously.
    Maybe I should walk more so I can keep the distance and save my body resource. I think summer is the best season for that.

Also thanks for a nice advice, my friend.
    Last edited by Samraiwise; 07-09-2018 at 03:34 AM.

Originally Posted by HomeGymChains View Post
    Hi Kaz,

I have a workout story I thought you might like.

When I travel, most of the hotels I stay at typically have a few treadmills plus a weight bench and a rack of dumbbells up to 50 pounds. (I mean, seriously, don't they know that some guests actually lift?) So in the few minutes I have to work out, one of the things I do is to grab the 50's and do sets of high-rep bench presses. When I logged the workout into the BodySpace app here, though, it appears I broke its one-rep-max calculator.

Instead of saying something normal, like my set with the 50's would indicate a one-rep-max of 75 pounds (or 80, or even 90), the app calculated my one-rep-max at 258 pounds! (That would put me above every dumbbell bench press video on youtube.) Next time I come to Japan, perhaps you would be willing to spot me when I attempt that!
    LOL, you know what, actually the app's predicting your future 1RM!! *BGM - the twilight zone opening theme*
    You visit here often(I mean Japan)? Looking forward to having you here and my spotting your attempt of 258s DBP!!

Oh, and after the grunt and sweat, the first round will be on me.
    Last edited by Samraiwise; 07-09-2018 at 04:34 AM.

Page 72 of 96 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 ... LastLast