Page 4 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi Kaz! I'm late to the party but I wanted to say good luck with your goals. I'm sure I can pick up some tips from you. Workouts are looking great!

Happy Saturday.
    Genshai

ASWEDE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASWEDE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASWEDE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASWEDE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASWEDE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASWEDE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASWEDE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASWEDE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASWEDE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASWEDE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASWEDE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm curious how the "everday" lifting affects your joint health? For me, I think my biggest concern would be how my joints held up to everyday lifting. In particular, the shoulder holding up to bench pressing everyday. Obviously, it's working for you. Keep up the good work. You seem to be progressing which is what really matters.

🥋 A Karate Kid age 64 🔥 Samraiwise's Avatar
    Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by thinton View Post
    Hi Kaz! I'm late to the party but I wanted to say good luck with your goals. I'm sure I can pick up some tips from you. Workouts are looking great!

Happy Saturday.
    TIFFANY!! Please com'in, it's just started!!

I've always wanted to talk to you but I haven't had that courage. Your smile, like sunshine on my shoulder, makes me happy!! (Oops, I hope you knew John D. Please don't make me feel old....) This, definitely is my day!! You too have a nice weekend!!

Thanks for kind words, you're doing great and, congrats on your BIG LIFT!!

Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Samraiwise View Post
    You know, you and only other few have ever understood and showed real interests in "everyday bench". I am most grateful for your encouragements, even a lab animal like me must have a right to be happy. (j/k)
    nothing crazy about that Kaz, the Russian's have been doing it for a long time now.

I'm crazy but not that crazy to ignore the recovery side of the story completely. I believe that true meaning of "to train smart" lies in not only what you do but also and more importantly how you do it. An effective program could be developed with a careful design only by the person who really needs it and actually do it. And I need this and actually am doing this.
    I'm a strong believer in people going by how "they" feel on any routine as it will always be different for every individual.

What I'm doing *Reminding myself of...

is a two-year-periodization for limitted numbers of exercises with a priority set on training frequency for effective strength gains. The following are specifics.

*everyday bench (5days/week=20days+/month ) & chin-up (weekly total 150 reps with over BW+30kg)
    *antagonistic supersets with chin-up
    *omission of other compounds and auxiliary isolations except warm-up & cool-down
    *A maximal effort single-rep set/session for BP max strength output
    *rep-ranges rotation (3-8RM) for BP main sets (for effective joints recuperation)
    *1kg-fractional-increase ascending set or straight set only
    *partial reps for strength output gains at a weakest position (the bottom range of BP)
    *"heavy supports method" by Samurai Break and partial reps (at the top range of BP)
    *To measure progress by fractional increment of 1kg to encourage myself more often

I hope nothing should have been added is forgotten.
    [/quote]

that looks like a very solid plan to me. It's all about experimenting and finding what we respond best to and I think many people miss that point in their respective training. They get caught up in what is politically correct and not how they should best train from trail and error.

keep up the good work my friend.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
    none but ourselves can free our minds

Marcus Garvey

Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ASWEDE View Post
    I'm curious how the "everday" lifting affects your joint health? For me, I think my biggest concern would be how my joints held up to everyday lifting. In particular, the shoulder holding up to bench pressing everyday. Obviously, it's working for you. Keep up the good work. You seem to be progressing which is what really matters.
    Hi ASWEDE, a good question and thanks for asking. Because I myself wonder how have I been able to do this for so long?

Everyday Bench & Joints Tolerance - bad for joints? I'm doing relatively OK though.-

I always had had a couple of joints problems until age 32 when I finally quit training all together. After 15 years of no-workout life, when I re-started I changed my form. Back then 16 years ago, informations about bodybuilding were scarce and there's no internet to fall back on, so I never used my back arch and feet was always up on the bench with my knees folded...good for upper body isolation-wise but not stable enough for strength training.

But now I do slight arch and feet was firm on the floor, also pulling back my shoulder blade a little. In one word, more closer to a textbook-bench form than before. My shoulder is OK thanks to this form change. *though not much arch I really want it to be, I confirmed this watching my own Videos...

Elbow joints are another story, thanks to my everyday chin-up my elbows are constantly awkward. I stopped my heavy pull-up last Sep-Oct (over a year ago, still has not completely recovered...it's my fault I know) and started chin-up instead. Heavy pull-up caused my brachialis tendonosis(not tendonitis) at my elbow side. All pronated grip biceps movements are affected by this. Including Barbell Bentover Row & my favorite Hammer Curl (now I only do them occasionally with light weights and super strict forms) as rehabilitations.

Although it's been getting better since then but still it surely affects my Bench Press now and then, even not seriously.

But I started this everyday bench last Nov...after the injury. That means you can say maybe, this everyday bench, when its volume is controled properly, with right intensity and timely rest day, could be good for joints strength. As I mentioned a few posts before, for working sets I rotate weight range between 104(229) -90(198) about 30lbs difference. Never the same weight two days in row.

By the way, maybe you've noticed already watching my Samurai Break Video 120kg, my right wrist hicupped(buckled) for a moment right after I got the bar off the bench. You could see my upper body bounced once like car suspensions and that's that. Nothing serious happend but it kept hurting for the next 24 hours.

That's about all I could tell you for right now, all the things relvant to your question. I hope this would help you form your own ideas about the subject. If you could think of anything new about this, let me know. I could use some feed back myself.
    Almost time for me to go to Zz...see ya m'friend.
    Last edited by Samraiwise; 10-06-2007 at 08:02 PM.
    🌺 Lauren Brooks Kelly (snailsrus) - Jul 25, 1991 – Jan 29, 2022
    Thread: RIP Snails : https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=181070293&page=100

⭐ Samurai Break: 140kg(308lb) Failed Bench Press Recovery Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8eIkpZ29u0
    ⭐ Over 35 Journals > Samurai, Without Ever Having Felt Sorry For Itself:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4832373&page=200
    📌 Please Call me Kaz, a 64-year-old 🥋 Karate Kid in Tokyo.

Al thanks for the support, it's great my friend. I'm speechless. I'll be back with more thought and with fresh mind in the morning.

Have a great Saturday. Take care.

IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Al thanks for the support, it's great my friend. I'm speechless. I'll be back with more thought and with fresh mind in the morning.

Have a great Saturday. Take care.
    Good night handsome man!

Everyday benching sounds brutal From when I was young, 48 hour minimum rest period has been pounded into my head
    ~ Penney

Diet * (weights + cardio) = success

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139344213&p=774586483#post774586483

We must be the change we wish to see in the world
    -Ghandi

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
    nothing crazy about that Kaz, the Russian's have been doing it for a long time now.

I'm a strong believer in people going by how "they" feel on any routine as it will always be different for every individual.

that looks like a very solid plan to me. It's all about experimenting and finding what we respond best to and I think many people miss that point in their respective training. They get caught up in what is politically correct and not how they should best train from trail and error.

keep up the good work my friend.
    And I'm back clear-headed...the word "Russian" sounds very mighty to me!! Brutal weather and long historical winter might make their exterior frosty and brusque so I've heard but with what I've learned from people whom I know,
    my impression is that inside they are warm, kind and hospitalbe people. Their passion for strength sports never cease to amaze me. I respect their strength.

The larger the heart we nurture, the bigger the body grows.
    What quality I like in my friends most is their acceptability of the other's idea and seemingly natural ability to mutate those ideas into something unique to their own. I can breathe more easily with them who have that in them, always enjoy their company and respect them.

Our minds need nutrition to form new ideas like bodys need them to build muscles. Our minds have their own metabolism. We must encourage our minds to be anabolic, never let them suffer mental diarrhea and be catabolic.

We also use the knowledges from our own experiments/experiences as a filter like miners used a sieve to wash the sand in order to find gold, to find "what we respond best to".
    Thanks Al, talking with you is always a good start of my day.

Originally Posted by IronIc View Post
    Good night handsome man!

Everyday benching sounds brutal From when I was young, 48 hour minimum rest period has been pounded into my head
    PENNEY~!! How's your weekend? Thanks to you, my day is full of happiness.

For effective hypertrophy you're right.
    I know how you feel about this because I'd been in the same basket with you until I myself started concentrating on this strength specific training.

Age and Effective Hypertropy - Are really my resourses enough for total muscle destruction?
    On the other hand, as I age, considering that my bodily resouses also become less available, it might be wiser for me to repair rather minor damages which need ony 24h for steady mass gains(5 times/week) than to struggle to recover from near total destructions which require 48h for quantum leap mass gain(1 time/week).
    FOR STRENGTH: (my guideline)

1) Try to train not to the extent which requires 48h for a complete recovery.
    2) Use already existing muscle and try to feel CNS signals run through my body to reach each target muscle.
    3) Priority #1:CNS and energy preservation for tomorrow's working sets. Think twice before doing another set. "Is this really necessary?"
    4) Avoid failure.*1*2
    1* Don't struggle for a hopeless lift, let it be a failure rather than wasting precious CNS and energy.
    2* In the word "Samurai Break", break means to break line and to escape. In that sense, Samurai Break is not a complete Bench Press failure. Struggling could be a total waste of CNS. At each failed attempt, it is said that CNS signal firing inhibition mechanism interpose itself into the process, making it difficult further for us to lift heavier in the future lift. Though I am not sure which is true or not. Kinda makes sense. But don't need to dwell on that unnecessarily.
    In one word,
    To enable my mind and body to do "effective working sets" for heavy compounds everyday, don't do anything but working sets.
    No more descending sets, no more forced reps, no more auxiliary isolations..., etc.
    Last edited by Samraiwise; 10-07-2007 at 03:22 AM.

ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Kaz,

Really interesting thoughts on your workouts. Though I don't always agree with everything you've written - it sure is nice to see someone who approaches their workouts with an intuitive and bio-feedback angle, rather than just what they read out of a book or magazine. More power to you buddy.

Keep up the lifts!

Dave
    http://www.buffleheadprod.com
    Life begins underwater

- 25 July 1972 Cata-pole barred from competition because it contains carbon fibers.

"Those who assume hypotheses as first principles of their speculations...may indeed form an ingenious romance, but a romance it will still be." Roger Cotes - preface to Newton's Principia Mathematica 2nd ed 1713

ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000)
    [indent]What quality I like in my friends most is their acceptability of the other's idea and seemingly natural ability to mutate those ideas into something unique to their own. I can breathe more easily with them who have that in them, always enjoy their company and respect them.
    I really like that sentiment Kaz - very well said.
    Life begins underwater

- 25 July 1972 Cata-pole barred from competition because it contains carbon fibers.

"Those who assume hypotheses as first principles of their speculations...may indeed form an ingenious romance, but a romance it will still be." Roger Cotes - preface to Newton's Principia Mathematica 2nd ed 1713

Originally Posted by ScubaDave View Post
    Kaz,

Really interesting thoughts on your workouts. Though I don't always agree with everything you've written - it sure is nice to see someone who approaches their workouts with an intuitive and bio-feedback angle, rather than just what they read out of a book or magazine. More power to you buddy.

Keep up the lifts!

Dave
    Thank you Dave, 

and my ideas and thoughts are still very young stage (despite my age, LOL ) need more nutrition to mature. And then once my lifts will have matured relative to those of now, I would most likely need either to fall back on more conventional or to devise more un-conventional approach. Until then and more so from then, either way I need my friends to be supported and to meet new ideas.

I need you, especially since the level you're in is far more advanced, the imput from you as a person and your training method and its result will be necessary asset for building my future program. Besides I like your company, you are one of a few who swim this side of the Pacific Pond, with weights.

What works today and what will work tomorrow might be the same and might not be so, either way I hope I would be ready and I could tell when the time comes.
    You're again too generous. I am really glad that you've read that because I really meant that and you are one of them, Dave my friend.

Almost 17:00. Now it's time for me to enjoy my lifts. The 3rd day of everyday bench. Let's hope, today I'd make a progress, even a small one!!

10-7-2007 Sun
    46min
    * kg(lbs) ♠=not good

Dead Lift
    65(143) x 5
    85(187) x 5

Bench Press
    65(143) x 5
    75(165) x 5
    90(198) x 1
    95(209) x 1
    98(216) x 5 +failure ♠
    100(220) x 4
    106(233) x 1
    110(242) x 1

Partial Btm3rd
    90(198) x 5

Weighted Chin-up
    +10(22) x 5
    +15(33) x 5
    +30(66) x 8
    +25(55) x 8
    +30(66) x 6

Cable Crunch
    55(121) x 20

See my past training log since July 2006

This week, I was not able to schedule the rest day right before the holidays. So I knew the possibility of a personal record was thin. In principle it didn't matter. PR is just a way to measure my progress, not the purpose per se. (sour grapes on my side?) PRs come naturally when my condition is better, if all the workout was truely successful as I had intended.

Bench Press, at 1st set 5th rep was easy one but 6th was impossible one. I should have picked 100(220) instead of 98(216). Oops, never say "should have". That's not a good attitude. The important thing is always making sure that you do the day's best. Performance degradation is part of "everyday bench". As a whole except that 1st set, considering it was the 3rd day of "everyday bench", I could say it went as planned.

As for Chin-up, it's a start of a brief deloading period. All the joints seemed fine during and after the workout.

Ordinarily I pre-plan the next workout's load and rep-ranges and then during the brief warming up sets I re-evaluate that plan and change it if necessary. The following acclimation sets would be done the way according to that load.

Tomorrow is the 4th day of "everyday bench" and I haven't decided yet whether its load should be a light one or a heavy one. And I don't have to. After all, quality of my sleep tonight is gonna decide that.
    Thread: RIP Snails : https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=181070293&page=100

10-8-2007 Mon *holiday
    45min
    * kg(lbs) ♣=close

Dead Lift
    65(143) x 5
    85(187) x 5

Bench Press
    65(143) x 5
    75(165) x 5
    90(198) x 1
    93(205) x 7 +failure ♣
    95(209) x 6

Partial Btm3rd
    90(198) x 5
    87(192) x 6
    85(187) x 8

Weighted Chin-up
    +10(22) x 5
    +15(33) x 5
    +32.5(72) x 8
    +37.5(83) x 4
    +40(88) x 3
    +35(77) x 4
    +20(44) x 10

Cable Crunch
    55(121) x 20

The 4th day of "everyday bench(EB)", usually either my strength output degradation would be at its peak or my body starts to adapt so my strength output somehow would bounce back. Today is a national holiday, I managed to sleep full eight hours. Days like this anything happens and then nothing may happen. My CNS was refilled itself some and naturally my expectation before the workout was high.

Bench press, 96(212) or 93(205), I picked latter one. Because 96(212) was too close to yesterday's 98(216) 6RM. I decided to aim 93(205) x 8. Result was so close but a failure is a failure. 95(209) x 6 was a good lift, considering this was the 2nd working set of the 4th day of EB. I planned a rest day tomorrow. So I cut the working sets by one and did 3 light partial reps to add an extra volume.

Chin-up, I managed to complete a good deloading session. I concentrated more on form. Every last rep, squeezing like a hooked fish at the top. I kept total reps of "over +30(66) set" under 20reps(actually 19). Instead today I added a cooling set, +20(44) x 10. I love +20(44), the feeling of total control. Winter would be a good season for weight gain, so maybe I should try some during this winter. Since my body weight gain automatically adds the load for my chin-up without adding any plates, aiming high rep (8-10) for hypertrophy would be a good idea. Giving my elbow joints a break long over due could be also a relief.

Feeling good, even without any PR in the last four consecutive session. If I feel like I could, planned rest day tomorrow may turn out to be the 5th day of EB. I don't have to decide that yet, tonight my sleep will come easier than the last four days.

Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    TIFFANY!! Please com'in, it's just started!!

I've always wanted to talk to you but I haven't had that courage. Your smile, like sunshine on my shoulder, makes me happy!! (Oops, I hope you knew John D. Please don't make me feel old....) This, definitely is my day!! You too have a nice weekend!!

Thanks for kind words, you're doing great and, congrats on your BIG LIFT!!

Hi Kaz, I knew John D. but had to google the song. Have a great Monday!
    Genshai

IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hi Kaz!

I am curious about the EB - how many days in a row before a rest day, and how long does the rotation last? You're doing great with it.

Also, what national holiday was celebrated in Japan today?
    ~ Penney

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139344213&p=774586483#post774586483

-Ghandi

squeezing like a hooked fish at the top.
    Nice imagery

Once again - that's a loaded workout Kaz. One question - I noticed from your video that you use an underhand grip for you chin-ups. Do you prefer this over an overhand grip, or is there something specific that you are addressing with the underhand grip?

Dave
    Life begins underwater

Hi Kaz, I knew John D. but had to google the song. Have a great Monday!
    Oh Tiffany, (thank you *sight of relief...) so you knew John D...you don't have to google. (this talk must end here, It's like digging my own grave in my backyard.....)

It looks like you enjoyed a good workout today. Keep that way! Thank you for dropping by!!

Originally Posted by IronIc View Post
    Hi Kaz!

I am curious about the EB - how many days in a row before a rest day, and how long does the rotation last? You're doing great with it.

Also, what national holiday was celebrated in Japan today?
    Hi Penney, thank you for the encouraging words and asking about EB.

Ideally, I do bench(&chin-up) three days on and one day off, then two days on and another day off. That means 5days/week. Because this way I could bring the peak day on weekend. But currently I prefer four days in row, regardless of weekly schedule. I believe it's just a mental thing but once I rest it's a little difficult to start over. Always the 2nd day of EB is the most difficult day. Sometimes I skip because of it. The longer I continue the EB run, the less those hatefull 2nd days in total I have to face.

So you see, I take a rest day whenever I feel it necessary. The bottom line is that as long as I do not take "rest day" in row it's alright. If I could bench&chin-up a total of over 20days in a month then I call it a productive month. (22 days in Sep)

I started EB last November since then I have had four deloading periods including recent one in late Aug-Sep. I predict the next deloading would come 6 weeks or so later from my experience.

Thanks for asking. Today is called, "Health and Sports Day" 
    - a national holiday in Japan held annually on the second Monday in October. It commemorates the opening of the 1964 Summer Olympics being held in Tokyo, and exists to promote sports and an active lifestyle. -Wikipedia
    This day is a day to promote sports and physical and mental health. Shouldn't we call it BB day? (j/k) 

Nice imagery

Once again - that's a loaded workout Kaz. One question - I noticed from your video that you use an underhand grip for you chin-ups. Do you prefer this over an overhand grip, or is there something specific that you are addressing with the underhand grip?

Dave
    Thank you Dave...hehe, where are you looking at? I'm HERE~!! In the FISH BOWL...

As for chin-up(spinated grip), no, there isn't anything specific I'd like to address over the exercise, except for my silliness. I do chin-up but not by design.

When I started last summer, mainly I was doing pull-up(pronated grip) instead of chin-up. Even though my weight then(Sep?) was lighter 72kg(154lb) and I could do with my dangling plates +30(66) x only 3 reps, it's too intense for me and I didn't realized that. I suffered an injury as a result, doing four pull-up descending sets with intervals just for time needed for plates change. Say 20sec each?

But it's getting better. I think in less than six months or so, I could do pull-up again with weights. This time I've learned...haven't I!? I know you don't believe me.

....Elbow joints are another story, thanks to my everyday chin-up my elbows are constantly awkward. I stopped my heavy pull-up last Sep-Oct (over a year ago, still has not completely recovered...it's my fault I know) and started chin-up instead. Heavy pull-up caused my brachialis tendonosis(not tendonitis) at my elbow side. All pronated grip biceps movements are affected by this. Including Barbell Bentover Row & my favorite Hammer Curl (now I only do them occasionally with light weights and super strict forms) as rehabilitations.

Although it's been getting better since then but still it surely affects my Bench Press now and then, even not seriously.

But I started this everyday bench last Nov...after the injury....

2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    X2
    We can never stop learning if we keep an open mind.
    █♣█ █♣█ █♣█ █♣█ █♣█

Originally Posted by 2bbig View Post
    X2
    We can never stop learning if we keep an open mind.
    Larry thanks, and I welcome you with open arms!!

"My friend, I'm talking about OPEN MIND, why are you so upset?"
    "I command you, OPEN THIS DOOR, right now!!"

Good morning, Kaz!
    Genshai

10-10-2007 Wed
    36min
    * kg(lbs) =PR

Dead Lift
    65(143) x 5
    85(187) x 5
    105(231) x 5

Bench Press
    65(143) x 5
    75(165) x 5
    90(198) x 1
    95(209) x 1
    100(220) x 1
    102(225) x 5 ♥
    103(227) x 3
    110(242) x 1 *felt so light

Partial Btm3rd
    90(198) x 6

Weighted Chin-up
    +10(22) x 5
    +15(33) x 5
    +35(77) x 7
    +35(77) x 5
    +35(77) x 4

Cable Crunch
    55(121) x 20

Today, I could hope nothing more. I feel GREAT!! Added 1kg to my 5RM. This entitled me to challenge 100(220) x 6 on any Sat or Sun. I'm so happey~!! I cut both bench and chin-up short. A little experiment. Let's see how this affects tomorrow's workout. Thank GOD!!

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hi -Hope you have room for one more... I am also late to this party! I like the idea of an everyday bench. Chad Waterbury (one of my favorites) recommends lifting as often as 2x/day on the lifts you most want to improve. Gunn27 (former member, no longer here but his profile might still be active) was following this protocol for a while and his results were terrific.

Kaz - congratulations on your achievement today - that's great man.
    Life begins underwater

Good morning, Kaz!
    Hi Tiffany~!! Today I'm so happy!! ...AHA!!(j/k)

Incline BB Press:
    10x65, 10x65, 8x95, 5x115

Flat BB Press:
    3x6x115, 12x95

Pec Deck:
    12x60, 10x70, 20x40

Push Ups:
    1x12, 1x10
    I've seen your workout today, as always STRONG CHEST work!!

Originally Posted by ChocolateGirl View Post
    Hi -Hope you have room for one more... I am also late to this party! I like the idea of an everyday bench. Chad Waterbury (one of my favorites) recommends lifting as often as 2x/day on the lifts you most want to improve. Gunn27 (former member, no longer here but his profile might still be active) was following this protocol for a while and his results were terrific.
    Hi Elise, I'm honored. Please come in!!
    Ah, you came into the scene exactly on cue. I feel like to dance, shall we?

I'll check Chad's articles and thank you for sharing your friend's stories, it's a great encouragement!! I've just found his bodyspace, still here. I'll check on his posts too!! Tonight is a wonderful day in many means, again thanks m'lady!!

Kaz - congratulations on your achievement today - that's great man.
    YES YES!! THANK YOU DAVE~!! YOU WANNA DANCE TOO!? (J/K) Yee Ha~!!

Hi Penney, thank you for the encouraging words and asking about EB.

Ideally, I do bench(&chin-up) three days on and one day off, then two days on and another day off. That means 5days/week. Because this way I could bring the peak day on weekend. But currently I prefer four days in row, regardless of weekly schedule. I believe it's just a mental thing but once I rest it's a little difficult to start over. Always the 2nd day of EB is the most difficult day. Sometimes I skip because of it. The longer I continue the EB run, the less those hatefull 2nd days in total I have to face.

So you see, I take a rest day whenever I feel it necessary. The bottom line is that as long as I do not take "rest day" in row it's alright. If I could bench&chin-up a total of over 20days in a month then I call it a productive month. (22 days in Sep)

I started EB last November since then I have had four deloading periods including recent one in late Aug-Sep. I predict the next deloading would come 6 weeks or so later from my experience.
    That's interesting the 2nd day is the most difficult. Not toally suprising, however, since in cardio (at least for me) the first 5 minutes or so is the hardest. Weird, huh?

I find it amazing, too, how so many completely different routines work equally well, with good results and gains. Like I'm on a routine that calls for working bodyparts just 1x weekly. It has worked well for me as long as I push myself. I have learned so much since joining this forum back in May.

Thanks for asking. Today is called, "Health and Sports Day" - a national holiday in Japan held annually on the second Monday in October. It commemorates the opening of the 1964 Summer Olympics being held in Tokyo, and exists to promote sports and an active lifestyle. -Wikipedia
    This day is a day to promote sports and physical and mental health. Shouldn't we call it BB day? (j/k)
    Thanks for explaining Kaz! We need more awareness days like that here in the States

10-10-2007 Wed
    36min
    * kg(lbs) ?=PR

Dead Lift
    65(143) x 5
    85(187) x 5
    105(231) x 5

Bench Press
    65(143) x 5
    75(165) x 5
    90(198) x 1
    95(209) x 1
    100(220) x 1
    102(225) x 5 ?
    103(227) x 3
    110(242) x 1 *felt so light

Partial Btm3rd
    90(198) x 6

Weighted Chin-up
    +10(22) x 5
    +15(33) x 5
    +35(77) x 7
    +35(77) x 5
    +35(77) x 4

Cable Crunch
    55(121) x 20

Today, I could hope nothing more. I feel GREAT!! Added 1kg to my 5RM. This entitled me to challenge 100(220) x 6 on any Sat or Sun. I'm so happey~!! I cut both bench and chin-up short. A little experiment. Let's see how this affects tomorrow's workout. Thank GOD!!
    GREAT wo Kaz - congrats on your new PR!
    ~ Penney

-Ghandi