Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice workout Kaz! Good job getting a personal record on the bench.
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hi Kaz! Congrats on the PR
    ~ Penney

Diet * (weights + cardio) = success

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139344213&p=774586483#post774586483

We must be the change we wish to see in the world
    -Ghandi

🥋 A Karate Kid age 64 🔥 Samraiwise's Avatar
    Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by nockowt1 View Post
    Good Morning. I agree with the previous comment that you should increase the weight on your deadlifts. Deadlifts are a great exercise (I love them) and I think the strength gained from deadlifts will help to increase your other lifts. Not to mention there's nothing like pulling a weight you once thought was glued to the floor.
    nockowt, thank you m'friend!! Your advice is a good one. And whatever my plan is, my heart is still listening what you've just said.

I have a plan and my upper body is the weakest link and the obstacle.

When you are playing a team sports and get a position you do train your strongest skills. But when you train for a individual sports Like martial arts, you train your weakest skills or body parts first. Reason is apparant, in one-on-one sports there's nobody to cover your six.

Also when you are in a business competition, you have two choices, either you do invest in your strong point or weakest point. If you have enough capital then it's fine to invest in both but otherwise you have to pick one of them.

I've chosen the weakest upper body as my priority in order to get to stand at the same starting line as other power athletes before early 50s, in a hope to compete at some local PL contests. At my age, not everyone has the same amount of resourses in one's body. Unfortunately mine is not much. So I have to be carefull about what resourses I use and when. I don't plan to train both, at least at the same period with same intensity and volume.

My CNS reserve is limitted.

As I stated in my introduction, I do dead lift as my warming up sets only. My lower body is bigger, stronger and more responsive to both strength and mass training. Partly because of our traditional Japanese life style and my judo training. My legs and glutes would readily gobble up my precious CNS reserve and nutrition. When I said "ugly glutes", I meant huge. My lower body lifts numbers have been always 20-30kg(44-66lbs) stronger than my bench without actually doing them whenever I try them.

I've always gotten my priorities straight and will as long as I live.
    I must bring my weak bench number up to the standard in the next two years.

You've seen my video handling 120kg(264lbs) and I have my sciatica but you never saw my legs wobbling in my backward steps with that weight.

Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by 2bbig View Post
    Hi kaz, great work on the 209 to failure then going up in weight 212 and getting 5 this is where you grow. Great work.
    Larry
    That's my Larry, I knew you'd never miss the subtlety of my training!! Yep I do load up 1kg(2.2lbs) in my 2nd working sets whenever possible. Because most of the time, reps number would be the same. That's the most beneficial of using fractional plates. I'm glad you've noticed.

Originally Posted by Hibiscus09 View Post
    Hi Kaz! Nice job on the workout! Congrats on the bench press PB!
    Hibby m'lady, thanks.  That's a bonus actually....anyway, I am glad you dropped by. This is for your team.
    Last edited by Samraiwise; 10-03-2007 at 09:28 AM. Reason: typo, I'm ashamed *tears*
    🌺 Lauren Brooks Kelly (snailsrus) - Jul 25, 1991 – Jan 29, 2022
    Thread: RIP Snails : https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=181070293&page=100

⭐ Samurai Break: 140kg(308lb) Failed Bench Press Recovery Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8eIkpZ29u0
    ⭐ Over 35 Journals > Samurai, Without Ever Having Felt Sorry For Itself:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4832373&page=200
    📌 Please Call me Kaz, a 64-year-old 🥋 Karate Kid in Tokyo.

nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Samraiwise View Post
    nockowt, thank you m'friend!! Your advice is a good one. And whatever my plan is, my heart is still listening what you've just said.

I have a plan and my upper body is the weakest link and the obstacle.

When you are playing a team sports and get a position you do train your strongest skills. But when you train for a individual sports Like martial arts, you train your weakest skills or body parts first. Reason is apparant, in one-on-one sports there's nobody to cover your six.

Also when you are in a business competition, you have two choices, either you do invest in your strong point or weakest point. If you have enough capital then it's fine to invest in both but otherwise you have to pick one of them.

I've chosen the weakest upper body as my priority in order to get to stand at the same starting line as other power athletes before early 50s, in a hope to compete at some local PL contests. At my age, not everyone has the same amount of resourses in one's body. Unfortunately mine is not much. So I have to be carefull about what resourses I use and when. I don't plan to train both, at least at the same period with same intensity and volume.

My CNS reserve is limitted.

As I stated in my introduction, I do dead lift as my warming up sets only. My lower body is bigger, stronger and more responsive to both strength and mass training. Partly because of our traditional Japanese life style and my judo training. My legs and glutes would readily gobble up my precious CNS reserve and nutrition. When I said "ugly glutes", I meant huge. My lower body lifts numbers have been always 20-30kg(44-66lbs) stronger than my bench without actually doing them whenever I try them.

I've always gotten my priorities straight and will as long as I live.
    I must bring my weak bench number up to the standard in the next two years.

You've seen my video handling 120kg(264lbs) and I have my sciatica but you never saw my legs wobbling in my backward steps with that weight.
    I love how you have set your goals and have a well thought out plan to achieve those goals.

Originally Posted by jgreystoke View Post
    Your everyday bench experiment is great, Kaz, and better explained than most of the training information in books!

I've just started benches. Doing High volume at the moment 'cos I want to be huge. When this cycle stalls, definitely going to try your method.

It is sure working a treat for you!

Kaz's everyday bench experiment + hard work + intelligent loading = a big bench!
    My old codger #1, now you're actually a younger new codger!! But codger is codger that you still are!! I understand your plan for huger, to my eyes you are always HUGE though!! Look at the perfect V shape!! Hey, thanks for reading my "everyday bench" program. I expect see you here more, other than on your favorite but full-of-little-punks-like-me exercise forums.

Originally Posted by justtryn View Post
    HEY KAZ!!!!

Good to see you in here journaling! I must have been sleeping too much and just missed it.

Great, strong workouts my friend. I miss your PMs!

Still hitting the weights and the Karate on my end - started learning a couple of Kata's, and Kumite, as well. That's fun!

Take care, buddy!
    HEEEEEEEEEEY!! Mark!! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!! Your fault this is, that I ended up here, my own journal. You were right, so many good people and friends dropped by with those encouragement which I so needed. *ahem* Thank you for advising me to do so. I owe you one and I too missed our exchange of world peace!! Now, I am looking forward to hearing your boy finally beats his own father at Kumite(Karate sparring)!!

Originally Posted by Kevin Miller View Post
    Nice workout Kaz! Good job getting a personal record on the bench.
    Hi Kevin, thanks for dropping by. how are you doing? I've been absent from over 35 forums, I always enjoyed your posts. You're most welcome!!

Originally Posted by IronIc View Post
    Hi Kaz! Congrats on the PR
    Thanks Penney!! You're looking GOOD!! As always thanks for kind words.

Originally Posted by nockowt1 View Post
    I love how you have set your goals and have a well thought out plan to achieve those goals.
    nockowt, thanks for understanding and supporting me. Actually, I did notch a little up my Dead Lift warming up sets. That's a fun as you kindly suggested.

10-3-2007 Wed
    57min
    * kg(lbs) =new personal record

Dead Lift
    65(143) x 5
    85(187) x 5
    105(231) x 5*
    115(253) x 5*
    *Thank you for a nice advice, nockowt!!

Bench Press
    65(143) x 5
    75(165) x 5
    99(218) x 5
    100(220) x 3
    108(238) x 1 + failure
    92(203) x 6

Partial Btm3rd
    90(198) x 4

Weighted Chin-up
    +10(22) x 5
    +15(33) x 5
    +35(77) x 7 ♥
    +40(88) x 3
    +35(77) x 4
    +30(66) x 6

Leg Extension
    80(176) x 6
    80(176) x 5
    Leg Curl
    50(110) x 8+2

Cable Crunch
    55(121) x 20

See my past training log since July 2006

nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nockowt1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

10-3-2007 Wed
    57min
    * kg(lbs) =new personal record

Dead Lift
    65(143) x 5
    85(187) x 5
    105(231) x 5*
    115(253) x 5*
    *Thank you for a nice advice, nockowt!!

Bench Press
    65(143) x 5
    75(165) x 5
    99(218) x 5
    100(220) x 3
    108(238) x 1 + failure
    92(203) x 6

Partial Btm3rd
    90(198) x 4

Weighted Chin-up
    +10(22) x 5
    +15(33) x 5
    +35(77) x 7 ♥
    +40(88) x 3
    +35(77) x 4
    +30(66) x 6

Leg Extension
    80(176) x 6
    80(176) x 5
    Leg Curl
    50(110) x 8+2

Cable Crunch
    55(121) x 20

Nice deadlifts and your chins are coming along very nice. I wouldn't be suprised if you're doing 300lbs total (including bw) for reps in the near future. I look forward to seeing you test your strength in a powerlifting meet.

Registered User Dymondintheruff's Avatar
    Dymondintheruff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dymondintheruff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dymondintheruff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dymondintheruff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dymondintheruff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dymondintheruff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dymondintheruff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dymondintheruff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dymondintheruff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dymondintheruff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dymondintheruff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi Kaz, your journal is awesome and I try to follow it often, I know in one of you entries you said your quads are very responsive. I wish mine were as much, your journal gives me plenty of great ideas for my workouts so I Thank you! Will try to follow more often!
    Um..It just sort of hit me like..um..a two ton heavy thing
    What day is it and where the hell am I?

ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Kaz,

Your weighted chin-ups are awesome man - I'm incredibly impressed. Chin-ups are some of my weakest lifts, but I'm trying to add weight to the belt as I go - but I've got a long way to reach those numbers. Incredible man.
    http://www.buffleheadprod.com
    Life begins underwater

- 25 July 1972 Cata-pole barred from competition because it contains carbon fibers.

"Those who assume hypotheses as first principles of their speculations...may indeed form an ingenious romance, but a romance it will still be." Roger Cotes - preface to Newton's Principia Mathematica 2nd ed 1713

ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000) ScubaDave is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Kaz,

Was just reading your journal from the beginning, and wow - what you've been able to accomplish with limited space and an iron will is really great. Congratulations on your personal bests that you seem to be hitting regularly.

I'm really impressed Kaz. Sorry to hear that your family doesn't support your goals, perhaps in time they will learn to support you. However, if they don't support you in this endeavor, you can rest assured that there are many of us here that do.

Dave
    http://www.buffleheadprod.com
    Life begins underwater

- 25 July 1972 Cata-pole barred from competition because it contains carbon fibers.

"Those who assume hypotheses as first principles of their speculations...may indeed form an ingenious romance, but a romance it will still be." Roger Cotes - preface to Newton's Principia Mathematica 2nd ed 1713

Originally Posted by Dymondintheruff View Post
    Hi Kaz, your journal is awesome and I try to follow it often, I know in one of you entries you said your quads are very responsive. I wish mine were as much, your journal gives me plenty of great ideas for my workouts so I Thank you! Will try to follow more often!
    Dee, my friend, believe me without you I weren't here. I lacked both commitment and courage neccesary to be among you here in BB.com until I met friends. You are among the first wave which washed me and overwhelmed me with their unconditional kindness and their interest in whatever little I had in me.

While I wish as much as everyone next to me to be a true member of the society, it would be impossible for me without a positive and inquisitive someone else's eyes on me to continue to be so. The feeling someone is always looking at what I say and what actually I do is the great incentive and for me a drive to push me, sometimes even over the cliff. LOL. And I was lucky to have you among those to whom I bowed to give my eternal loyalty of fellowship.

Oh, please forgive and forget my stupid English, all I want to say is thank you.

Originally Posted by ScubaDave View Post
    Kaz,

Your weighted chin-ups are awesome man - I'm incredibly impressed. Chin-ups are some of my weakest lifts, but I'm trying to add weight to the belt as I go - but I've got a long way to reach those numbers. Incredible man.
    Hey Dave, you're as always too generous. You weigh 105kg(230lbs) and I do so 82kg(180lbs), you are 23kg(50 lbs) heavier (and leaner...my ego is bruised by admitting that, LOL) than me. That means, to my eyes, when you are doing your BW chin/pull-ups you are automatically dangling 50 lbs bal...*ahem* plates between your legs. Aside from that, with all those progress of yours, YOU're the incredible man in my native language.

Originally Posted by ScubaDave View Post
    Kaz,

Was just reading your journal from the beginning, and wow - what you've been able to accomplish with limited space and an iron will is really great. Congratulations on your personal bests that you seem to be hitting regularly.

I'm really impressed Kaz. Sorry to hear that your family doesn't support your goals, perhaps in time they will learn to support you. However, if they don't support you in this endeavor, you can rest assured that there are many of us here that do.

Dave
    Yes, I know I'm a handsome man....oh, you never said that?

Wait a minute, I've never written anything about my accomplishment (which has not yet happened as far as I know, LOL). Right now, I'm still struggling how to accomplish (if anything I could) here. But for that coming from winner like you, still I am grateful and thank you, Dave.

Again thank you my friend, as for support, I'm counting on you and you can count on me the same.

Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sorry it took me so long to find your journal my friend. you have been so kind as to support me in my efforts and I just wanted to return the hospitality. with that said i must say you have a real nice journal complete with video no less.

i like the way you are going after your goal and not letting anything stand in your way, thats very admirable indeed. most people would not consider training mostly upper, but i can understand it very well. we only have so much CNS fatigue to go around and if we wish to get a certain area stronger in a limited time then that's what it calls for.

your lifts are looking strong and i can only imagine what you could do with support at home for your endeavor and a full gym to workout in.

i'm glad you were able to get a pc for yourself and keep a journal, i know for me i have support at home and it's nice, but it doesn't keep me going like the desire inside to have something just for me to feel a great sense of self accomplishment about.

i'm going to subscribe to your journal if you don't mind me stopping by from time to time and again great job on the workouts and the layout of your journal Kaz.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
    none but ourselves can free our minds

Marcus Garvey

justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    HEEEEEEEEEEY!! Mark!! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!! Your fault this is, that I ended up here, my own journal. You were right, so many good people and friends dropped by with those encouragement which I so needed. *ahem* Thank you for advising me to do so. I owe you one and I too missed our exchange of world peace!! Now, I am looking forward to hearing your boy finally beats his own father at Kumite(Karate sparring)!!
    Well, I'm glad to see you took my advice... at least someone listens to me.

I think I'm safe from my son for the time being... he spars with other 11 & 12 year old kids. Me? Because of my, um, size, I'm stuck with a black belt. No one else wants to spar with me!! What the hell?!
    When the last deer disappears into the morning mist,
    When the last elk vanishes from the hills,
    When the last buffalo falls on the plains,
    I will hunt mice, for I am a hunter,
    And I must have my freedom.
    Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
    Sorry it took me so long to find your journal my friend. you have been so kind as to support me in my efforts and I just wanted to return the hospitality. with that said i must say you have a real nice journal complete with video no less.

i like the way you are going after your goal and not letting anything stand in your way, thats very admirable indeed. most people would not consider training mostly upper, but i can understand it very well. we only have so much CNS fatigue to go around and if we wish to get a certain area stronger in a limited time then that's what it calls for.

your lifts are looking strong and i can only imagine what you could do with support at home for your endeavor and a full gym to workout in.

i'm glad you were able to get a pc for yourself and keep a journal, i know for me i have support at home and it's nice, but it doesn't keep me going like the desire inside to have something just for me to feel a great sense of self accomplishment about.

i'm going to subscribe to your journal if you don't mind me stopping by from time to time and again great job on the workouts and the layout of your journal Kaz.
    Hey~ Al, thank you for coming, and kind words which are more than I deserve. I should have let you know earlier.
    You definitely made my day a wonderful one, thank you for visiting me as always with your thought open to me.

I will give back exact words you've just given to me. Before I jumped in your journal I read your introduction and that gave me the very encouragement I needed at the time.

Like I mentioned before, your focus on specific exercises and with a clear purpose and a unique consideration to each execution and that of mine have so much in common and your approach of workout management is quite inspirational to say the least. Even some of the ideas have become part of my training philosophy now. I've been visiting yours actually to nurish my own spirit to keep going, like a vampire. Have you ever been feeling drained after my visit?

I treasure our friendship and I'll try my best to deserve it.
    Again thank you AL, of course I wanna see you more, both here and at yours. 

Originally Posted by justtryn View Post
    Well, I'm glad to see you took my advice... at least someone listens to me.

I think I'm safe from my son for the time being... he spars with other 11 & 12 year old kids. Me? Because of my, um, size, I'm stuck with a black belt. No one else wants to spar with me!! What the hell?!

Of course, Mark...we are all just humans. Who wants to spar with a HUGE BEAR like you!!

Ooooh no, don't look at me!!

Registered User misstransformer's Avatar
    misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Miss T!! Thanks for dropping by!! Must be your prayer that worked tonight so I was able to set another record at bench tonight, I owe you one. Please come often. Love ya, m'lady~!!
    Woohoo!! That's excellent news!! All your determination and commitment is definitely paying off. Kaz you have a humble and giving nature about you, which comes out in your writing. Great qualities to have. I'm looking forward to following your transformational journey. Have a wonderful weekend my friend. Miss T

Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    "I've been visiting yours actually to nurish my own spirit to keep going, like a vampire. Have you ever been feeling drained after my visit?"

lol , not at all stop by anytime.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
    none but ourselves can free our minds

Marcus Garvey

ASWEDE is a name known to all. (+5000) ASWEDE is a name known to all. (+5000) ASWEDE is a name known to all. (+5000) ASWEDE is a name known to all. (+5000) ASWEDE is a name known to all. (+5000) ASWEDE is a name known to all. (+5000) ASWEDE is a name known to all. (+5000) ASWEDE is a name known to all. (+5000) ASWEDE is a name known to all. (+5000) ASWEDE is a name known to all. (+5000) ASWEDE is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm enjoying your journal Kaz. You know what you want and your going after it. Good for you. Your "everyday bench" has got my attention. I've heard of training like this but have never tried it. A person really needs to find what works for them and make the most of it. I like that your putting more into your deadlifts. A sturdy back makes a big difference in the things we do. It should help in your other lifts in the long run. Good luck and hope to see more of your posts soon.

Originally Posted by misstransformer View Post
    Woohoo!! That's excellent news!! All your determination and commitment is definitely paying off. Kaz you have a humble and giving nature about you, which comes out in your writing. Great qualities to have. I'm looking forward to following your transformational journey. Have a wonderful weekend my friend. Miss T
    Hey Miss T, don't be deceived by my handsome face...well nobody says that I know, that's why I must say it myself once in a while.

I always take their hearts before giving out anything. So in the end I'd be the one who gets more!! Thanks for kind words, you too have a nice weekend!! I love you!!
    Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
    "I've been visiting yours actually to nurish my own spirit to keep going, like a vampire. Have you ever been feeling drained after my visit?"

lol , not at all stop by anytime.
    Al~, you bet I will!! Thanks again... for the dinner!!

10-5-2007 Fri

10-5-2007 Fri
    50min *too long
    * kg(lbs) ♠=unsatisfying set

Dead Lift
    65(143) x 5
    85(187) x 5
    105(231) x 5

Bench Press
    65(143) x 5
    75(165) x 5
    90(198) x 1
    95(209) x 1
    100(220) x 1
    102(225) x 4 ♠
    103(227) x 2 +failure ♠
    105(231) x 2
    110(242) x 1
    90(198) x 7
    Samurai Break
    125(275) Negative

Weighted Chin-up
    +10(22) x 5
    +15(33) x 5
    +32.5(72) x 7 ♠
    +35(77) x 5
    +35(77) x 5
    +35(77) x 5

Cable Crunch
    55(121) x 20

I bought and watched DVD "X-men the Last Stand" (This is the first time.) BEFORE the workout. This turned out to be a bad idea. I'm a sucker for a sob story. Climax was good and exciting but too many casualty for good guys, especially the last one...sorry. Anyway, when finally the time for my workout came I was still mushy. My bench suffered the worst of it by this.

Not everything went wrong. As for chin-up, after the disappointing 1st working set with +32.5(72) x 7, easily finished the following all three sets with +35kg(77lbs) 5reps. I will try 5x5 with +35(77) tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. I plan to try +40(88) x 5 If my elbow says yes, in that case 5x5 have to wait utill the next day.

Also I tried my infamous Samurai Break max, and succeed at 125kg(275lbs), 5kg up from the previous video shot. It's funny to call a failure a success. I think this is my way of always looking at a silver lining. The next load would be 127.5kg. From here on I must be cautious, I know. But true challenge would be 130kg, I have never tried to get the bar off over 130kg by myself. I'm kinda scared but thrilled too. When fainally I do 136kg(300lbs) Samurai Break I'm gonna take another video and upload it here. Probably in November.
    Last edited by Samraiwise; 10-05-2007 at 09:22 AM.

ASWEDE is a name known to all. (+5000) ASWEDE is a name known to all. (+5000) ASWEDE is a name known to all. (+5000) ASWEDE is a name known to all. (+5000) ASWEDE is a name known to all. (+5000) ASWEDE is a name known to all. (+5000) ASWEDE is a name known to all. (+5000) ASWEDE is a name known to all. (+5000) ASWEDE is a name known to all. (+5000) ASWEDE is a name known to all. (+5000) ASWEDE is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looking good. I like that Samurai Break. Your legs probably get a workout just from that! Too bad you can't fit a power rack in that room.

Originally Posted by ASWEDE View Post
    Looking good. I like that Samurai Break. Your legs probably get a workout just from that! Too bad you can't fit a power rack in that room.
    Hey ASWEDE! My friend!! Another serious lifter!! Thanks for dropping by. Yes, actually I do want a power rack.

My bench is 20+years old, so I'm not sure how much weight it could stand...scary isn't it.

When I do this Samurai Break, at least once I have to put the bar on the bench itself, not on the rack hold. If my bench is not strong enough to hold that weight, surely bench will do wobble or something...well I hope so. Anyway, the idea is before I actually do serious reps with the weight this way I may be able to notice if something is wrong with the bench. Maybe I'm just a crazy old man...

ASWEDE, you are always welcome, please visit here often!!

I think it makes perfect sense. You're getting your body used to the weight. I've done this to increase my lifts too. I've also used partials to help in getting ready for the full ROM lift. Just be careful not to hurt yourself.

I think it makes perfect sense. You're getting your body used to the weight. I've done this to increase my lifts too. I've also used partials to help in getting ready for the full ROM lift. Just be careful not to hurt yourself.
    Thank you, mate. By the way, you made an interesting thread at "over 35". I'll post mine tomorrow.
    How supportive is your spouse/significant other?

Good night...2:41 in the morning JST.

I'm enjoying your journal Kaz. You know what you want and your going after it. Good for you. Your "everyday bench" has got my attention. I've heard of training like this but have never tried it. A person really needs to find what works for them and make the most of it. I like that your putting more into your deadlifts. A sturdy back makes a big difference in the things we do. It should help in your other lifts in the long run. Good luck and hope to see more of your posts soon.
    ASWEDW, I'm sorry, *How come I missed your post? I found this when I checked my e-mail notices today.

You know, you and only other few have ever understood and showed real interests in "everyday bench". I am most grateful for your encouragements, even a lab animal like me must have a right to be happy. (j/k)

I'm crazy but not that crazy to ignore the recovery side of the story completely. I believe that true meaning of "to train smart" lies in not only what you do but also and more importantly how you do it. An effective program could be developed with a careful design only by the person who really needs it and actually do it. And I need this and actually am doing this.

Again my apology, the confusing nature of my English is that I tend to mix up what I talk to you about and what I talk to myself about.

What I'm doing *Reminding myself of...

is a two-year-periodization for limitted numbers of exercises with a priority set on training frequency for effective strength gains. The following are specifics.

*everyday bench (5days/week=20days+/month ) & chin-up (weekly total 150 reps with over BW+30kg)
    *antagonistic supersets with chin-up
    *omission of other compounds and auxiliary isolations except warm-up & cool-down
    *A maxmal effort single-rep set/session for BP max strength output
    *rep-ranges rotation (3-8RM) for BP main sets (for effective joints recupration)
    *1kg-fractional-increase ascending set or straight set only
    *partial reps for strength output gains at a weakest position (the bottom range of BP)
    *"heavy supports method" by Samurai Break and partial reps (at the top range of BP)
    *To measure progress by fractional increment of 1kg to encourage myself more often

I hope nothing should have been added is forgotten.

10-6-2007 Sat
    52min *too long
    * kg(lbs) ♠=unsatisfing set

Dead Lift
    65(143) x 5
    85(187) x 6

Bench Press
    65(143) x 5
    75(165) x 5
    90(198) x 1
    95(209) x 1
    100(220) x 1
    92(203) x 7 +failure ♠
    95(209) x 5

Partial Btm3rd
    90(198) x 5
    87(192) x 6
    80(176) x 9

Weighted Chin-up
    +10(22) x 5
    +15(33) x 5
    +35(77) x 5
    +35(77) x 5 ♠
    +35(77) x 5 ♠
    +35(77) x 4 ♠
    +35(77) x 3 ♠

Cable Crunch
    55(121) x 20

Bench Press, I tried 8RM today. The result was 92(203) x 7. Until 7th rep each rep feels so light that I thought 8th rep would be easy one. Then suddenly I felt evergy drain about half way up, even without any awkwardness, strain or pain in any of the muscles or joints involved, just stuck in the middle of the lift. This happens sometimes and I know. I felt a little disappointment but dwelling on the failure wasn't wise. Next time I'd try it would be 93(205) x 8.

Chin-up, +35(77) x 5x5 was also a failed attempt. After 1st set, my mind was already defeated. At 3rd set, 5th rep was almost a failure. The last 5th set, not even 4 reps and ended up with 3 reps.

The working out lasted more than 50min, this was the third time and in row. I decided it would be wise to deload Chin-up for the next few session. Maybe 3x8 with lighter load.