Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    tdabamf1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdabamf1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdabamf1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdabamf1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdabamf1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdabamf1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdabamf1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdabamf1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdabamf1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdabamf1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdabamf1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Pretty simple. Fad diets, carbs, fast food, big portions. Sums it up right there.

sarahsue94 is not very well liked. (-100) sarahsue94 is not very well liked. (-100) sarahsue94 is not very well liked. (-100) sarahsue94 is not very well liked. (-100) sarahsue94 is not very well liked. (-100) sarahsue94 is not very well liked. (-100) sarahsue94 is not very well liked. (-100) sarahsue94 is not very well liked. (-100) sarahsue94 is not very well liked. (-100) sarahsue94 is not very well liked. (-100) sarahsue94 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by admin View Post
    TOPIC: Why Do Americans Have Such A Hard Time Keeping The Fat Off?

For the week of: May 12th - May 18th.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is it that after all of the studies on how to lose fat, all the articles in magazines and newspapers on how to lose fat, all the diets and supplements for losing fat, and all the constant media attention on how to lose fat... Americans still can't lose their fat and keep it off?

Why do most Americans have a weight problem? What would you tell all overweight Americans if you had five minutes on national television on the subject of getting in shape and staying in shape? What are they doing wrong?

Don't discuss any other topic in this section. ONLY discuss the question above.

The best response will get $75 in credit to use in our online store! The other good responses will be used in an article on the main Bodybuilding.com site, with the poster's forum name listed by it. Become famous!

Thanks,
    Bodybuilding.com
    Because there is so much bad sh*t in our food, even ones that are supposed to be healthy by having "low fat" or "fat free".

Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100) Buff82yrOldMan is not very well liked. (-100)
    cuz they poor and bad food be cheap
    watch them titties DANCE:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb7rClSNwqQ

82 yrs old, buffer than buff, reek of wisdom, sexual prowness second to none

jakesyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakesyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakesyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakesyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakesyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakesyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakesyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakesyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakesyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakesyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakesyl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by admin View Post
    TOPIC: Why Do Americans Have Such A Hard Time Keeping The Fat Off?

For the week of: May 12th - May 18th.

Why is it that after all of the studies on how to lose fat, all the articles in magazines and newspapers on how to lose fat, all the diets and supplements for losing fat, and all the constant media attention on how to lose fat... Americans still can't lose their fat and keep it off?

Why do most Americans have a weight problem? What would you tell all overweight Americans if you had five minutes on national television on the subject of getting in shape and staying in shape? What are they doing wrong?

Don't discuss any other topic in this section. ONLY discuss the question above.

The best response will get $75 in credit to use in our online store! The other good responses will be used in an article on the main Bodybuilding.com site, with the poster's forum name listed by it. Become famous!

Thanks,
    Bodybuilding.com
    Huge Portions, Little Activity, Super Industrialism

lanzbreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Coz they often have an intimate relationship with food. Teach them to treat food as fuel and that might be able to solve America's obesity.

Fogt1212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

They Don't

Americans don't have a harder time, than any other population, keeping fat off. Genetically there is nothing "extra" keeping the average american from staying fit. There are more resources to get fat, but there are just more lazy and ignorant people in the U.S. than most other countries.

rickycast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickycast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickycast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickycast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickycast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickycast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickycast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickycast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickycast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickycast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickycast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For example i live in san antonio (one of the fattest cities in the country). Breakfast tacos and soda are apart of everyone's daily diet. The portion size's restaurant's serve, lack of physical activity, etc. I believe can make it nearly impossible to stay in shape unless you dedicate yourself to the lifestyle. I honestly don't even think it's possible to maintain a healthy lifestyle while eating out. The idea of food and nutrition is so warped it's almost like it is a big secret. It's sad especially when i see little kids (5-7 year olds) look extremelyyyyyyy overweight and i see their parents cart filled with soda, chips, cereal, etc. Little do they know the set backs and future trials they are putting their own kids through. i honestly consider it child abuse.

Tyler520 is not very well liked. (-100) Tyler520 is not very well liked. (-100) Tyler520 is not very well liked. (-100) Tyler520 is not very well liked. (-100) Tyler520 is not very well liked. (-100) Tyler520 is not very well liked. (-100) Tyler520 is not very well liked. (-100) Tyler520 is not very well liked. (-100) Tyler520 is not very well liked. (-100) Tyler520 is not very well liked. (-100) Tyler520 is not very well liked. (-100)
    You have to look at the past to understand why we're in the condition we're in now.

lots of excuses about over-eating, laziness, etc., but compared to other cultures, it isn't necessarily true. a lot of the myths are unfounded.

For example, people equate wealth with obesity, but statistically, 50% of the most obese nations have poverty rates of 50% or more. Also, the US does have a very high obesity rate, but it also has a very high fitness rate compared to other countries.

Our government implemented a farming program to produce <b>calories</b> as efficiently as possible at a time when malnutrition was a huge concern, and this has manifested itself in the mass production of simple carbs, almost exclusively in the form of grains.

However, we are now (or should be) very aware that quantity =/= quality - these are "empty" calories, absent of essential macro and micro nutrients.

If you were to examine this change in diet in respect to grand scheme of the human race, evidence shows that at the time we changed from hunter/gatherers to settled farmers, the human lifespan and general health actually began to decrease; if one were to abstract the human diet to a clock, the time the human race has been farming and consuming grains as a primary source of food accounts for just 1 minute.

There are approximately 20,000 varieties of food that are currently under cultivation - of that, the average American grocery store sells 60; of that, the average American only purchases 12; and of that, the primary ingredient in 60% of those food items are processed carbs.

You'd imagine that countries such as France, who consume high quantities of alcohol, dairy and meat should (under contemporary American conceptions of what is "healthy") should be very unhealthy...but they are not.

amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    most americans are fat and lazy thats why

Narwhals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To me it's because of emotional eating - which leads to apathy, then a downward spiral in which the soul source of one's pleasure in life becomes the consumption of extremely high caloric food.

Tunners has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very simple. Most of them don't even workout. If I would have a chance to say something to them on television, I would say: "Go regularly to the gym and WORKOUT! Be active, run, run and again run!"

LudvigS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah.
    US and Canada have poor eating habits and relatively few people interested in working out (in my experience).

T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I honestly feel that people just don't care enough about their health to lose the weight, or don't have the motivation to do it. That was the case with me, until freshman year in hs, when I got rejected for the first time. Joined a gym, started lifting/cardio, lost ~50 lbs, and started playing football. Tbh if I'd never been turned down, I'd probably be bigger than I was before because I'd have had no motivation to do it.

GaugeBreaker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GaugeBreaker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GaugeBreaker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GaugeBreaker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GaugeBreaker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GaugeBreaker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GaugeBreaker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GaugeBreaker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GaugeBreaker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GaugeBreaker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GaugeBreaker is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Super size me brother!

mastermesh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermesh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermesh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermesh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    lots of things as already mentioned...

Also IT COSTS A LOT TO EAT CLEAN IN THE US! Kinda goes back to the 99 percenters, etc. If you struggle to survive financially you are going to buy food that is economically feasible... i.e crappy carbs that come in a box or can. It doesn't help that average portion size in restaurants is about 5 times the size it should be, which in turn makes folks think that is normal, etc.

NYC had it right a little while by limiting the size of soda anyone can buy at one go... too bad that law didn't stay around long and spread.

Maybe now that Obama care is here to stay forever, more stuff like that will start happening nationwide as more folks start flipping the bills for healthcare costs that this type of supersized crap is causing.

It also doesn't help that PE classes are like only a few months out of entire educational lifetime for most, etc. Should be an annual thing that is taken yearly by all, etc.

jmurphy2029 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Temptation, Temptation, Temptation. Food everywhere and it all looks and smells sooooo good! How can the average person help themselves! Fast food giants just another type of crack dealer!

jmurphy2029 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GaugeBreaker View Post
    Super size me brother!
    scroll over the red bars under your name! lol, and then do mine! Read what it says about us!

evelinahagopian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) evelinahagopian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) evelinahagopian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) evelinahagopian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) evelinahagopian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) evelinahagopian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) evelinahagopian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) evelinahagopian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) evelinahagopian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) evelinahagopian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) evelinahagopian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I am not sure because I don't live in America but when I lived in Canada I came to know that American food portions are twice as big. In my opinion, Canadian portions are already too big so I can just imagine how much big it must be in America.

Though I have heard that the problem has gotten worse in Mexico.

bacon123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bacon123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bacon123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bacon123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bacon123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bacon123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bacon123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bacon123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bacon123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bacon123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bacon123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i think it is becuse all of the fast food and un healthy food people eat out to much

Getmadbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Getmadbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Getmadbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Getmadbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Getmadbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Getmadbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Getmadbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Getmadbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Getmadbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Getmadbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Getmadbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Interesting

Feeltheswell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Feeltheswell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Feeltheswell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Feeltheswell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Feeltheswell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Feeltheswell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Feeltheswell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Feeltheswell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Feeltheswell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Feeltheswell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Feeltheswell will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Portion control.
    Pump Hd
    Scream
    N.O. Explode
    Superpump Max
    Orange Triad
    Aminolast
    Omega 3 Fish Oil
    Msm
    Melatonin
    Optimum Whey Gold Standard

Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asianhulk82 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Contrary to popular belief I believe Americans do eat well-balanced meals.

Eg. Eat a quarter pounder burger (cheese or no cheese) gives you everything you need in the meal (except for the excess sodium.)

I just think that Americans tend to eat Too much of everything without the corresponding excercise/activity that will burn it/ equalize it off.

MuckinDucks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuckinDucks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuckinDucks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuckinDucks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuckinDucks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuckinDucks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuckinDucks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuckinDucks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuckinDucks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuckinDucks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuckinDucks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's been said, but I think it has to do with the price of quality food. That and the fact that a lot of american's don't know any better.

DoctorHitch is just really nice. (+1000) DoctorHitch is just really nice. (+1000) DoctorHitch is just really nice. (+1000) DoctorHitch is just really nice. (+1000) DoctorHitch is just really nice. (+1000) DoctorHitch is just really nice. (+1000) DoctorHitch is just really nice. (+1000) DoctorHitch is just really nice. (+1000) DoctorHitch is just really nice. (+1000) DoctorHitch is just really nice. (+1000) DoctorHitch is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's more, tastier, and more ready to eat food. I live in Holland but when i go to America every year, i gain weight. Here in Holland we get very small portions and it's not even cheap, more things taste less good (maybe less MSG and salt) and when i walk in the supermarket in Holland, there is more food that you must cook first/not ready to eat.

TaylorT25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Americans are very lazy. They would rather go to a fast-food restaurant and get a quick, unhealthy meal instead of spending time preparing something healthy and nutritious.

Haydarfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haydarfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haydarfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haydarfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haydarfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haydarfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haydarfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haydarfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haydarfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haydarfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haydarfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TaylorT25 View Post
    Americans are very lazy. They would rather go to a fast-food restaurant and get a quick, unhealthy meal instead of spending time preparing something healthy and nutritious.
    +1.
    Follow me on Instagram: @Haydarfit
    Like -&- follow me on my Official ******** page: https://www.********.com/HETAFitness
    Follow my Progress on my personal log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157787683

edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DoctorHitch View Post
    It's more, tastier, and more ready to eat food. I live in Holland but when i go to America every year, i gain weight. Here in Holland we get very small portions and it's not even cheap, more things taste less good (maybe less MSG and salt) and when i walk in the supermarket in Holland, there is more food that you must cook first/not ready to eat.
    i guess Holland has a low obesity rate?

i wish more countries were like that...
    Get the body YOU want,not the body others tell you to have...

Live your life how you want it, but make sure you live happy.

kurylo3d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kurylo3d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kurylo3d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kurylo3d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kurylo3d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kurylo3d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kurylo3d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kurylo3d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kurylo3d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kurylo3d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kurylo3d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Its called "High Fructose Corn Syrup" And its killing everyone in this country. Not just making them gain weight....

BlaqLotus is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlaqLotus is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlaqLotus is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlaqLotus is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlaqLotus is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlaqLotus is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlaqLotus is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlaqLotus is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlaqLotus is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlaqLotus is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlaqLotus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Everything bad for you is so easily accessible and we are either to lazy or to preoccupied holding down a 9 to 5 that we hate to take time out to take care of our bodies.

Registered User silentkiller424's Avatar
    silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Coz junk food is easily available