Thread: Pullovers

wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pullovers

I started working out a little over two weeks ago. On back days, for my lats I have done bent-over rows. I noticed that my form is really bad and this excercise is not for me. Friday, I'm gonna switch to pullovers until I can find a place to put a chin up bar and do wide-grip chins. Any comments on the pullover?
    MMA/Strength training journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=975331

light has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb any comments on the pullover?

Yup, it's for chest, not back. (Unless you mean a pull-down, which could be what you mean. In which case it's good if you can't do pull-ups.)

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've read it works for both, but I doubt it would be a soutable replacement for rows, why don't you just use DB rows instead?

Chris_25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_25 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It also does work the rows along with chest. I wouldn't replace bent over rows with it though. They are a great exercise. I would make sure to learn that one...get someone to show you and help you if you need to.

Chris_25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_25 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ****, meant lats not rows. Just got back from working out so I'm not completely together right now.

wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Guess I will stick with the bent over rows for lats. I know how to do it, I just cant. I arch my back and cant keep it straight. I'm sure I will figure it out soon.

Shake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    pullovers can be manipulated for back and/or chest.

Thor31x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thor31x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If you want a back the two movements you must do are bent rows and chins. Drop the weight get the form right but don't stop doing them.
    Huge For No Reason

DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by wh0died
    Guess I will stick with the bent over rows for lats. I know how to do it, I just cant. I arch my back and cant keep it straight. I'm sure I will figure it out soon.
    On your bent rows, use a less than shoulder wide grip ( a little wider than you waist ) keep your head looking straight foward and slightly up ( not looking down or at the floor ), pull the bar to just above your belly button. Keep your elbows as close to your waist as possible and you need to imagine that you are pulling the weight with your elbows. Do not pull with your biceps, and if you do this exercise without keeping you elbows in next to your waist the majority of the stress will be transfered to your rear delts and off your back or lats and will equal no results for the back. Pause briefly at the top and squeeze and then lower slowly and in control. Your bent angle should be just above 90 degrees or parallel to the floor ( you should be slightly more upright than being parallel with the floor) . Your upward motion should be explosive but in control and very slight usage of momentum on the last rep or two can be effective as long as you pause and lower slowly. Hope this is of some help to you. Good luck .

good advise

Thanks alot, diablo. I already did the bent over rows yesterday as part of my back day but 2 problems. I still think I had the form wrong and I only used 40 lbs and that seemed too easy. I tried your advise in the mirror w/o weights today and I think thats gonna help me out tremendously. I guess I will stick with it since it looks like my form is not that bad after taking your advise. Thanks.