Registered User misstransformer's Avatar
    misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000)

Exclamation Paper Towel Theory - How Fat Comes Off!

I thought this might help others to remain patient on their fat loss journey.

Miss T

Paper Towel Theory by Bob White

Let?s assume you go out and buy two rolls of paper towels, each with only 84 paper towels on it (one for each day of the challenge). You put one aside, and keep it for future reference (your ?before? picture).

The other one represents you (I?ll call your paper towel you ?Ed?). The core represents the lean Ed. The towels represent the fat that is covering the lean Ed. For sake of argument, let?s say that Ed wants to lose 21 pounds of fat, so (84/21) each sheet represents a quarter-pound of fat lost. Let?s also assume that Ed loses his fat equally during each day of the challenge.

Each day during the first week, you tear a sheet off of Ed, representing the fat he has lost for the day. Next, you put Ed next to the full roll (?Big Al?) for comparison. No noticeable difference!!! Even at the end of the week! This can?t be working for me!

But, being a good Ed, you continue to follow Body-for-LIFE. At the end of weeks two and three, you continue to compare Ed to Big Al, and still notice very little difference. That stinkin? Bill Phillips MUST be a liar!

But Ed is determined! He works hard! Hitting his 10?s.eating his 6 daily meals. Three more weeks go by, the sheets peeling off day after day, before Ed gets up the courage to stand next to Big Al again. Holy Myoplex! Ed is skinny! OK, not skinny, but less huge!!!

By the end of the 12-week Body-for-LIFE program, Ed is down to his lean dream, or somewhere near it. Ed is happy. We are happy. Big Al - well he?s not so happy.

The lesson to be learned is that fat, like paper towels, comes off in sheets. When you are heavy, you are big around. And when you are big around,that fat is spread over a MUCH larger area - just like that outside towel sheet. The closer you get to the lean you, the more each lost pound of fat shows, because it is spread over a smaller area.

While the outside sheet may only cover 1 layer of the roll, the inside sheet may go around 4 times. That last sheet looks like it gives you 4 times the results of the first sheet, but in reality, the results are the same - your perception is just different! And you?ll never see the inside, if you aren?t patient while the outside is coming off! - Bob White

Registered User MichelleRenee12's Avatar
    MichelleRenee12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichelleRenee12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichelleRenee12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichelleRenee12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichelleRenee12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichelleRenee12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichelleRenee12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichelleRenee12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichelleRenee12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichelleRenee12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichelleRenee12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'll finish my 4th BFL challenge next week, and I kind of agree with this theory, but I still have an unpleasant roll of paper towel over my abs! Yikes!

philly85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) philly85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) philly85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) philly85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) philly85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) philly85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) philly85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) philly85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) philly85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) philly85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) philly85 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

only got a few layers left
    Solo los fuertes sobreviven

BRO, Y U NO COME AT ME?

ELS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks.....this is so true. We all would like a quick fix but we need to remember that we didn't get large over night, so it will take time for us to lose our weight.

plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ncie throy there, at frist i was like, are ppl high when they write up theories, but as it got towards the end, it sounded right, well done

zeyad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zeyad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zeyad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zeyad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zeyad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zeyad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zeyad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zeyad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zeyad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nice

kevinWCU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    that was awesome, it makes so much sense.

Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Amazing, I explained this exact thing to someone the other day. Except my method was clearly superior since it involved a roll of toilet paper rather than paper towels.

CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MichelleRenee12 View Post
    I'll finish my 4th BFL challenge next week, and I kind of agree with this theory, but I still have an unpleasant roll of paper towel over my abs! Yikes!
    going by your avatar, you have nothing to worry about!!!!
    started a fat ass, lost 50 pounds now i'm bulking the f*** up

*-*Brothers Of Iron*-*

garnerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garnerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garnerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garnerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garnerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garnerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garnerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garnerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garnerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garnerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garnerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    interesting, I am not sure that I like the analogy but still interesting imagery.

I think more importantly is that dont judge yourself day to day. its the long run and consistency that matter. Which is basically the same idea.

OT: but it was bothering me and this seems like a place to mention it, without starting a new thread. I was watching the biggest loser last night, I have to say that I dont really like the way they do the competition weighing because it does not account for muscle gains, which with the way that they train some of them are probably experiencing.

vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    good analogy... easy way to explain to people who are new to make them understand...

R's don't exist in Boston Lovespell's Avatar
    Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ahh Miss T you always know how to motivate others. Perfect analogy
    Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking;
    If you cheat, may it death.
    If you steal, may it be a heart.
    If you fight, may it be for a friend.
    And if if you drink, may it be with me.

showwtime09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nice analogy
    2nd yr uni: loong cleeaan bulk

"No point in losing permanent progress over temporary taste. You can have a good taste in your mouth for 5 minutes, or look good for 40 years...your choice."

misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mad_Mike View Post
    Amazing, I explained this exact thing to someone the other day. Except my method was clearly superior since it involved a roll of toilet paper rather than paper towels.
    Hehehe...you're funny. lol T

Thank you Michelle, Philly85, ELS, Plaything, Zeyad, KevinWcu, MadMike, GarnerMan, Vipergq, Lgc21x, and Showtime09 for taking the time to comment on the article. It's great to hear so many of you found the analogy encouraging. I think Bob White did a great job at presenting fat loss from a whole new perspective. Also, Garnerman, I know exactly what you mean. I think the emphasis should be more on fat loss(and inches), than scale weight. I honestly could care less what the scale says. Miss T