Clowd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Going from cut to bulk?

Hey dudes.

For the past few months, I've been on a cut diet to try to lose the fat on my stomach and get my abs to show... I started off a skinny guy (I just had too much fat on my stomach, and I still have more than I would like) and obviously have only gotten skinnier... I noticed today that my upper arms have become far more girlish than I would like...

So, my question is pretty simple I guess, what should I do (what articles should I read, etc...) to keep losing the fat but bulk up my arms, chest, and shoulders quite a bit??

bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    130 lbs is far far far far too low for a person of your height. Start eating everything in sight and try to put on some muscle mass for god's sake

I agree, but I want to do it without putting on any more than the unavoidable body fat, I'm not too sure on how to do that.

Grunger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grunger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grunger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grunger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grunger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grunger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grunger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grunger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grunger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eat Carbs and Protein and try to avoid excess fats, but you need fats so dont be afraid to eat a product high in Carbs or Protein which has some fat in it.
    Keep Rockin!

So basically I just keep eating what I'm eating but eat a ****load more of it and do more weight training as opposed to cardio? (I do a lot of biking, a few hours almost every night with a friend of mine. I don't really want to stop cause it's tons of fun but I guess I will if I have to.)

xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Clowd View Post
    So basically I just keep eating what I'm eating but eat a ****load more of it and do more weight training as opposed to cardio? (I do a lot of biking, a few hours almost every night with a friend of mine. I don't really want to stop cause it's tons of fun but I guess I will if I have to.)
    if you love biking nad love cardio, well first off god bless you, haha, but you can keep it in along with the weightlifting, just realize that if you are biking 2 hours per day you are gunna have to eat a good amount of food to bulk up and add some muscle.

seriously though, at 6'2 130, how can you possibly have any fat on your body?

Originally Posted by xquick View Post
    if you love biking nad love cardio, well first off god bless you, haha, but you can keep it in along with the weightlifting, just realize that if you are biking 2 hours per day you are gunna have to eat a good amount of food to bulk up and add some muscle.

seriously though, at 6'2 130, how can you possibly have any fat on your body?
    lol it's more like 4 hours a day :-\ I eat right before it, during it, and right after it, though.

as for your question, I don't know... its just like this half inch flub on my stomach that covers up my abs. It sucks.

Sean Loveridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean Loveridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean Loveridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean Loveridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean Loveridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean Loveridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean Loveridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean Loveridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean Loveridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean Loveridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean Loveridge will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey dudes.

So, my question is pretty simple I guess, what should I do (what articles should I read, etc...) to keep losing the fat but bulk up my arms, chest, and shoulders quite a bit??
    Squats! Deadlifts! Bent Rows! Exercises that burn a lot of calories, but create overall growth from all the neural and hormonal stimulation.

luckyguy2159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckyguy2159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckyguy2159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckyguy2159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckyguy2159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckyguy2159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckyguy2159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckyguy2159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckyguy2159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckyguy2159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckyguy2159 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i'm in the bulking process too and i downed 3880 calories today with most of my fat coming from the PB....

makes me feel like a fatass though. haha
    ,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"-

O'Rly?

oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oaks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Sean Loveridge View Post
    Squats! Deadlifts! Bent Rows! Exercises that burn a lot of calories, but create overall growth from all the neural and hormonal stimulation.
    X2 good call, take this man's advice when your at the gym, and you will get your reslults....no pain, no gain

Cool.

Perhaps I have this flub on my stomach because I'm so skinny my body desperately does not want to get rid of it?

Any opinions on that?

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cool.

Perhaps I have this flub on my stomach because I'm so skinny my body desperately does not want to get rid of it?
    Any opinions on that?
    absolutely, Honestly at your height/weight if you used to be bigger, that skin/fat mixture is going to show. You need to bulk up no doubt.

During the bulk, I bet you will still be able to see the same amount of abs as you are now. If you don't dont worry about it because you are way to skinny...way to skinny.

I'm not trying to make you feel bad, but rather encourage you to stop focusing so much on your abs, Focus on not making your muscles larger, and moving more weight.

Travelling too much... clm12704's Avatar
    clm12704 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) clm12704 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) clm12704 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) clm12704 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) clm12704 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) clm12704 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) clm12704 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) clm12704 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) clm12704 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) clm12704 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) clm12704 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just work out like a beast, consume massive amounts of protein and good fats/carbs, and you should start seeing results. You gotta put on some muscle...
    Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.
    Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His love toward us, in that, while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
    absolutely, Honestly at your height/weight if you used to be bigger, that skin/fat mixture is going to show. You need to bulk up no doubt.

During the bulk, I bet you will still be able to see the same amount of abs as you are now. If you don't dont worry about it because you are way to skinny...way to skinny.

I'm not trying to make you feel bad, but rather encourage you to stop focusing so much on your abs, Focus on not making your muscles larger, and moving more weight.
    I've always been skinny, I can eat tons and tons of food and never gain weight but I've just always had this annoying stubborn fat on my abs and I want to be rid of it!

oh well, I'm taking everyone's advice for now.

date +%H:%M | grep 4:20 buddhastalin's Avatar
    buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    if you only have a half inch layer over your abs, it shouldn't take long to get rid of it. however, as you're doing cardio for 4 hours a day (jesus) you're going to be burning a lot more calories than from just doing cardio/weights. find out how many calories you need based on your activity. fit them in some macro that works for you. increase calories needed to bulk. if you're relatively new to this, then once you get your diet in order, by the time you increase your calories to what you need in order to bulk, you could very well have been in a caloric deficit long enough to burn the layer of fat off. basically, you can do 12 hours of cardio and still not have a 6 pack if your diet is not up to par.
    There exists no separation between gods and men; one blends softly casual into the other. - Proverbs of Muad'dib

Nah I'm not new at the diet thing, I've been eating more or less completely clean for quite some time now, just apparently not enough!

The weight training aspect of my life is rather new, I was 100% focusing on my abs, but... what good are abs when you have girl arms.

Having girl arms sucks.

Should I even worry about eating clean for now? It would be pretty satisfying to just eat anything and everything and lift mad weights.

Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nah, just find out about how many calories you burn biking and add that to your daily bulking kcals! Not that hard.
    just make sure not to overdo it... if you start feeling weak, take a day or two off.
    KARMA; reps for life:
    matthor-derickonfire-ozfiz-xquick-meyer23-AllGenetix, Beast, Scivation, Lando33
    girl81-2 D-spot skater-djaeger3-in10city-Emma-Leigh-bballbrett5, jaim91, imfusio
    Not on the list? Don't worry! There's still plenty of chances to achieve good karma.

I found a good picture or two of me and my girl-arms so you guys can see what we're working with here, hahaha.

http://photos-412.ll.********.com/ph...54164_9120.jpg

http://photos-549.ll.********.com/ph...93690_4889.jpg
    Last edited by Clowd; 09-29-2007 at 07:41 PM.

Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    I found a good picture of me and my girl-arms so you guys can see what we're working with here, hahaha.

I started at 123, so proportionately we weren't all that removed, still aren't, really. Only way things can go is up man, don't sweat it and don't be scared to eat.

Thanks man.

Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000)
    I found a good picture or two of me and my girl-arms so you guys can see what we're working with here, hahaha.

http://photos-549.ll.********.com/ph...93690_4889.jpg
    LOL... which of us have bigger biceps, me or you?
    KARMA; reps for life:
    matthor-derickonfire-ozfiz-xquick-meyer23-AllGenetix, Beast, Scivation, Lando33
    girl81-2 D-spot skater-djaeger3-in10city-Emma-Leigh-bballbrett5, jaim91, imfusio
    Not on the list? Don't worry! There's still plenty of chances to achieve good karma.

Originally Posted by Spottydog View Post
    LOL... which of us have bigger biceps, me or you?