kleeyoung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

"How Can I Increase My Metabolism?"

As a personal trainer in Scottsdale, Arizona, one of the most frequently asked questions I hear is, ?How can I increase my metabolism?? Usually followed with, ?I have a really hard time losing fat, even with diet and exercise. I have such a slow metabolism.? If you've been around fitness for a few years, this might sound pretty basic. If you haven't, read on.

Sometimes it?s not their metabolism at all, but rather an underestimation of caloric intake or an overestimation of calories burned during exercise. Other times, the metabolism in question could truly use a make-over. Even if your metabolism is only slightly slower than it could be, you?ll hold unused calories as body fat. That could amount to extra pounds gained each year.

Metabolism Defined

First off, metabolism is defined as the creation of energy for all of the bodily functions from food. Metabolism is the conversion of food into energy. The hotter this fire, the more calories the body will burn. If this process is slower, fewer calories will be burned and the unused will be stored as body fat.

When our metabolism is functioning properly, we eat, we digest and then we absorb. The nutrients enter into the cells. Then we use those nutrients to produce energy.

Your Diet influences your Metabolism

The raw material for your metabolism comes from your diet. And there is the catch: If you eat poor quality food, you metabolism will lower.
    For example, man-made hydrogenated fats get absorbed by the body like natural fats. But unlike natural fats, the body has no enzyme to break hydrogenated fats down. So, because they cannot be used as fuel, the body incorporates the hydrogenated fats into cell walls. Without going too far into cellular biology, this causes cells to become less efficient at acquiring and burning fuel. The end result is sluggish metabolism.
    Another cell structure that can be damaged is the mitochondria. The mitochondria within each cell are responsible for burning fuel to create energy. When these cells are damaged, metabolism slows down. It is believed that excess free-radicals cause mitochondrial damage. This happens when too few antioxidants are available. Antioxidants protect the body from these potentially harmful byproducts of metabolism, known as free radicals. The body operates in a way that assumes these antioxidants will be present, but with our modern diets, this often is rarely the case.
    And it?s not only the quality of mitochondria but also the quantity that influence cellular metabolism. The more mitochondria a person has within their cells, the faster their metabolism will be. And while the health of existing mitochondria is partially determined by nutrition, the number of mitochondria in the cell is largely determined by lifestyle. The good news is that you can increase the number of mitochondria through specific exercise. Thats where the assistance of a Scottsdale personal trainer is helpful.

?So, what can I do to increase my metabolism??

Increase My Metabolism Step #1: Do Cardio Exercise

Do exercise that increases your body?s mitochondria levels. This boosts the oxygen capacity of your body. This capacity is frequently referred to as your V02. One of the best ways to do this is cardiovascular exercise like running, cycling, swimming. As a Scottsdale personal trainer, I also recommend certain kinds of circuit training with resistance.

Perhaps the most effective exercise for quickly building a faster metabolism is high-intensity intervals. This technique involves alternating short period of near maximum effort with periods of partial recovery, or decreased effort. Using running on a treadmill as an example, spend 1-minute at a high running speed and then 1-2 minutes at a moderate walking or jogging pace. The workout would alternate like this for 10 or 20 minutes, depending on ability level. A Scottsdale personal trainer can help you determine how much volume and intensity you should be doing.

In general, I recommend at least 30 minutes per day of aerobic activity, 4 days weekly.

Increase My Metabolism Step #2: Eat Less Hydrogenated Fats

Eliminate or at least decrease foods with hydrogenated oils, including partially hydrogenated vegetable oil. The most common foods containing hydrogenated oils are margarine, crackers, chips and packaged baked goods. A certified Scottsdale personal trainer can help you find alternatives to these foods.

Increase My Metabolism Step #3: Eat More Antioxidant Rich Foods

Include antioxidant rich fruits and vegetables in your diet. As a Scottsdale personal trainer, I recommend the popular acai berry ?native to the Brazilian rain forest- has the highest capacity to absorb free radicals ever recorded. Other foods high in antioxidants include garlic, kale, spinach, Brussels sprouts, plums and beets.

Increase My Metabolism Rule #4: Build More Lean Body Mass

A few extra pounds of muscle will burn hundreds more calories per day, even at rest. That adds up to many extra pounds lost yearly. And remember, a pound of muscle is much smaller than a pound of fat- you won?t look bulky, just more toned. A simple full body strength training routine 2 days per week can significantly boost your metabolism within weeks. A Scottsdale personal trainer can create a custom workout to meet your needs.

www.scottsdale-fitness-training.com
    http://www.scottsdale-fitness-traini...l-trainer.html

Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gmoney23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Is there a way to measure your metabolic rate? How much does it cost to have these tests done? If there is a test..
    ****************************G-Money******************************
    -------------------------------- Chicagoan Crew -----------------------------------
    -----------------------Da Vice President of Da Chicagoan Crew--------------------------------
    -----------=[$]MISC. FINANCE CREW[$]=- (Intern on his way to CEOinggg)---------------------

ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Gmoney23 View Post
    Is there a way to measure your metabolic rate? How much does it cost to have these tests done? If there is a test..
    Goto a major college they have BMR calculators, they hook up a hose to your mouth and analyze the oxygen.

prfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's a great artice.Thx
    Health & Fitness blog.
    http://www.productremember.com

RichardAnthony has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Excellent article for beginners, good job!

partyman1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) partyman1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) partyman1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) partyman1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) partyman1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) partyman1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) partyman1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) partyman1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) partyman1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) partyman1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) partyman1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great article. Thanks for the time to help us all out.

One question...

Aren't cardio and weight training at odds? Some articles on here state that doing weight training alone is enough for good cardio health and burning fat.

rchapde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by partyman1980 View Post

One question...

Aren't cardio and weight training at odds? Some articles on here state that doing weight training alone is enough for good cardio health and burning fat.
    A lot of guys who are slim naturally and have a hard time putting on mass, tend to feel that doing more than 20 minutes of cardio causes them to lose muscle. If putting on size and strength is no problem and cutting down is difficult for you as it is for myself than Cardio after weights is essential. I need to do at least 45 minutes 4 times a week if I want to burn fat.

As for health purposes, Cardio is neccessary.

rchapde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by partyman1980 View Post

One question...

A lot of guys who are slim naturally and have a hard time putting on mass, tend to feel that doing more than 20 minutes of cardio causes them to lose muscle. If putting on size and strength is no problem and cutting down is difficult for you as it is for myself than Cardio after weights is essential. I need to do at least 45 minutes 4 times a week if I want to burn fat.

As for health purposes, Cardio is neccessary.

sophiarosy19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Hi all

Hello everybody,http://meet2go.com, this is an excellent dating site, here u can find live chats,excellent dating tips,straight and marvelous forum discussions,fun, and if u try there will a person already been waiting for you......iam sure about that

opfor101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) opfor101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    funny thing is that most people here prolly would need slower metabolisms, such as the teenagers.

dickjones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Washington, May 21 : A new blood test, developed by researchers at the University of Minnesota, has found that people with high levels of a type of damaged cholesterol are at a greater risk of developing metabolic syndrome, which can further put them at higher risk of heart disease and diabetes.

The test, developed by researchers in Belgium, measures slight damage to low-density lipoprotein, also called "bad" cholesterol, as an early warning sign of disease.

You can ckeck out at
    http://www.topnews.in/health/researc...ome-risk-22669

DamnSheSwole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamnSheSwole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamnSheSwole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamnSheSwole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamnSheSwole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamnSheSwole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamnSheSwole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamnSheSwole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamnSheSwole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamnSheSwole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamnSheSwole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by opfor101 View Post
    funny thing is that most people here prolly would need slower metabolisms, such as the teenagers.
    My problem personally is that I WANT to slow mine down to gain just a little bit of weight, but am a little scared that I won't be able to get it back up to where it is now. My high metabolism is 100% natural to where I don't have to workout or anything and can eat all day every day whatever I want and never gain a pound.

opfor101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) opfor101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i would just eat more and keep lifting. theres no real safe way to slow down metabolism.

if you eat 6-10 meals a day around 3500-5000 calories, you will gain weight.

jimmy79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

I think this is a very good article, very informative.
    Those who forget the past are doomed to relive it.