dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Anyone know how to make homemade creatine for a diabetic

Right now I am using Muscle Tech Carb Control Creatine. I have found the directions for making your own creatine but what about us diabetics. I do not believe 70 to 90g of dextrose would be a good thing for us after we workout or anytime for all that matters. Or are we just better off getting the creatine capsules which are also expensive. Muscle Tech Carb Control states it uses Alpha Lipoic Acid a it delivery system. Any help would be appreciated.

PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by dapper
    Right now I am using Muscle Tech Carb Control Creatine. I have found the directions for making your own creatine but what about us diabetics. I do not believe 70 to 90g of dextrose would be a good thing for us after we workout or anytime for all that matters. Or are we just better off getting the creatine capsules which are also expensive. Muscle Tech Carb Control states it uses Alpha Lipoic Acid a it delivery system. Any help would be appreciated.
    I'm sure you know more about insulin function in diabetics than i do, the point of adding dextrose to your creatine mix is to increase insulin secretion, to spike insulin, knowing that i am sure you can think of a better way to take your creatine.

ALA is an insulin mimic, that is why it's added, you don't need it but it has a lot of benefits, you can find it in bulk.

Remember that while creatine absorbtion is indeed increased if insulin levels are high creatine absorbtion is not *dependant* on insulin but on sodium and cloride, i suggest you add a couple of ml's of regular table salt to your creatine mix because it has been shown that creatine levels in muscle are high when blood levels of sodium are high.

Buy bulk creatine monohydrate powder, you can find it for $5/lb so it's cheap enough.

Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Most creatine is sold without anything added to it. I feel it is important to consume dextrose or maltodextrose after your workout, which is why it is included in cell-tech. (Cell-tech is a lot of stuff all mixed together, as it seems you are not experienced with creatine). I order my dextrose in bulk and buy creatine mono, mix together.

Pumpatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pumpatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pumpatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pumpatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pumpatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pumpatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pumpatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pumpatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pumpatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pumpatron is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pumpatron is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just take normal creatine with nothing added to it... If you want to add anything then just add oats. I'm a diabetic and have had no problems with any supplements I've taken.
    Trainee Under Myself!

dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am not that experienced with creatine. I have the homemade directions and I know why they use dextrose. My problem is I am a diabetic. I don't think it would be wise for me to use 70-90g of dextrose post workout to get the creatine to do it's job. If I understand the insulin spike is used to get the creatine to the muscles quicker. So I either do not understand dextrose, but I know I don't want my blood sugar to shoot over 200. I have been able to maintain it to below 130 the last 2 months with an occasional rise, like if I eat something I don't know will cause it to rise. I then put that product on my do not eat list.

PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by dapper
    I am not that experienced with creatine. I have the homemade directions and I know why they use dextrose. My problem is I am a diabetic. I don't think it would be wise for me to use 70-90g of dextrose post workout to get the creatine to do it's job. If I understand the insulin spike is used to get the creatine to the muscles quicker. So I either do not understand dextrose, but I know I don't want my blood sugar to shoot over 200. I have been able to maintain it to below 130 the last 2 months with an occasional rise, like if I eat something I don't know will cause it to rise. I then put that product on my do not eat list.
    As i said, it's not the high blood sugar values that will increase creatine transport, it's the insulin secretion caused by those high glucose blood levels, but it doesn't work that way for you.

Just take the creatine when your insulin levels are high, since you're diabetic i assume you inject insulin? If so, take your creatine about 30 minutes before you inject your insulin. Preferably after your workout but it's not going to matter much when you take it in your case.