BiG MigZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiG MigZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Will Weight/Mass Gainers make you fat?

If you take Mass Gainers together with a decent workout plan/schedule, will it make you fat instead of giving you more muscles?

I want to take Nlarge2 but I'm afraid it will make me fat, is this a wrong understanding of a Mass gainer? I always thinks that mass/weight Gainers will make me fat instead of muscular....Is this a wrong perception? Did you guys gain more muscle (not fat) while you were on NLarge2 or any other weight gainer? I always thought the weight you will gain is from fat not muscle? Thanks for the Help
    Pump it up Baby!

MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    are you serious ? come on man.

chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Make your own weight gainer. It is cheaper and more effective and will limit fat gain much more than a retail gainer.

2 scoops protein powder
    2 cups skim milk
    1 cup raw ground oats
    2 tbsp natural peanut butter
    fruit

Add and remove ingredients as you need.
    Panthers/Tar Heels/Hurricanes/Durham Bulls

BiG MigZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiG MigZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What do you mean? I guess I'm just scared coz I already lost 80lbs. of fat and I don't want to gain them back.
    Pump it up Baby!

RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RB12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Not sure what you are monitoring, but from the Supplements thread:

I took Nlarge2 for a while to bulk and I did not get fat, but saw some pretty good size gains. Nlarge has pretty low sugar content compared to other gainers out there.

However, it is pricey and the taste does wear on you. I echo making your own, especially if you are worried about fat. If you make your own you can regulate exactly what is in it and supplement what you may be lacking in the rest of your diet. I like:

ON Whey
    Fruit
    Water or milk
    Oats
    natural pb and/or nuts

Thanks for your feedback RB12 good to hear you didnt gain fat, I want to try it out so I can gain some size, bulk up again then after a few months cut again. I dont have time to make my own weight gainer, I'm always on the go I barely have time for myself, I'll try NLarge2 first....Thanks again.
    Pump it up Baby!

Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Almost all gainers are just sugar and whey. Even if the sugar is low, its still there. Maltodextrin is not considered a sugar but acts worse than regular white sugar. Try reading a few weight gainer threads and you'll see how big of a waste of money buying a gainer is.
    Don't Support Companies that are suing me!!

Lonny says
    "Supplement your weakness"

tank77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you are taking or want to take a weight gainer, then most likely you are a ectomorph or a hard gainer. Meaning it is probably very hard for u to gain weight cause of your genetics. IF that's the case then a weight gainer is appropriate and you usually won't gain fat at least initially. Otherwise i would suggest combining regular protein w/ a specified diet and workout routine that compliment your goals.

My buddy is a hard gainer. skinny all his life. I advised him to take a weight gainer and eat all the calories he can. i.e. Junk/fast food....
    it's been 3 months and he gained 15 lbs and it's definitely not fat. he's still cut.
    5'9"

"the more you know, the more you know you don't know"

Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by tank77
    if you are taking or want to take a weight gainer, then most likely you are a ectomorph or a hard gainer. Meaning it is probably very hard for u to gain weight cause of your genetics. IF that's the case then a weight gainer is appropriate and you usually won't gain fat at least initially. Otherwise i would suggest combining regular protein w/ a specified diet and workout routine that compliment your goals.

My buddy is a hard gainer. skinny all his life. I advised him to take a weight gainer and eat all the calories he can. i.e. Junk/fast food....
    it's been 3 months and he gained 15 lbs and it's definitely not fat. he's still cut.
    Next time just advise him to buy the whey and sugar seperately and combine them. Buy a few different tubs of 5 lb concentrate, and a few lbs of maltodextrin (if he doesn't like the taste or health benefits of oats). Malto is flavourless so he'll be getting variation in the flavours, and he'll be paying probably half the price, as malto is around $1 per lb.

And if someones next comment is "i don't have time to make my own" its bull**** because it takes less than 30 seconds to take out your protein powder and put a scoop in a shaker. By making your own, you are grabbing 2 tubs, and putting 2 different scoops in your shaker, i would say it adds around 15-20 seconds max.

Lonny says

Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Lonny
    And if someones next comment is "i don't have time to make my own" its bull**** because it takes less than 30 seconds to take out your protein powder and put a scoop in a shaker. By making your own, you are grabbing 2 tubs, and putting 2 different scoops in your shaker, i would say it adds around 15-20 seconds max.
    But Clean up sucks.

Originally Posted by Emperiorjack
    But Clean up sucks.

What clean up? putting two tubs away instead of one?

Lonny says

Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oats, milk, banana, strawbery, peanut butter, and protein = darn good shake!

jessmess is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessmess is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessmess is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessmess is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessmess is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessmess is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessmess is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessmess is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessmess is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessmess is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessmess is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am a hardgainer myself so I know how hard it is to gain weight. I bought the stock Vitamin World brand weight gainer. Two tubs for $30. I just finished the vanilla tub and along with eating a meal every 2 to 3 hours, I've gained 21lbs in 3 months, none of it fat.
    6'0
    151lbs

KAZZAK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KAZZAK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KAZZAK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KAZZAK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KAZZAK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KAZZAK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KAZZAK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i will make it very simple

stage 1 = calories IN
    stage 2 = calories transformation to either FAT or MUSCLE

the only way to make sure that calorie turns into MUSCLE is to workout with heavier weights

and you should be able to do that as more calories will give you more lifting power

i have just started taking WHEY & GAINER mixed together in the ratio of 2:1

MY (1) serving is 1/2 scoop weight gainer + 1 scoop whey protein

i take one serving in the morning and one half an hour before training

this way i have more protein ratio wise and spreading the 2 servings dosages makes sure they are absorbed proportionally because your body absorbs proteins/carbs/fats in proportions at once.

So don't overload your dosages
    it is very important to oil your body just incase you start gaining quick, in order to avoid those stretch marks.

hope it helps.

sam4040 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Emperiorjack View Post
    But Clean up sucks.
    Lol it really does man

spetsworld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation wrong method

Originally Posted by KAZZAK View Post
    i will make it very simple

stage 1 = calories IN
    stage 2 = calories transformation to either FAT or MUSCLE

the only way to make sure that calorie turns into MUSCLE is to workout with heavier weights

and you should be able to do that as more calories will give you more lifting power

i have just started taking WHEY & GAINER mixed together in the ratio of 2:1

MY (1) serving is 1/2 scoop weight gainer + 1 scoop whey protein

i take one serving in the morning and one half an hour before training

this way i have more protein ratio wise and spreading the 2 servings dosages makes sure they are absorbed proportionally because your body absorbs proteins/carbs/fats in proportions at once.

So don't overload your dosages
    it is very important to oil your body just incase you start gaining quick, in order to avoid those stretch marks.

hope it helps.
    Hello
    1.you need to open your eyes and take full dose of mass gainer instead of breakfast
    2.after 2-3H eat some food with low fat and allot of vitamins.
    3.after 1-2H take mass gainer again.
    4.after 2-3H lunch.
    5.after 2-3H mass gainer 1H before GYM
    6.take your iso/whey protein powder asap after finish your workout in GYM and not before GYM.
    7.after 1H dinner try to eat salad or some vitamins rich foods.
    8.don't drink mass gainer before bad/sleep drink your iso/whey protein powder instead.
    BTW human body can absorb around 30g protein each 2H+- and daily dose of protein from any source is your body weight X2.x so if you 80KG your need 160-170 protein each day all over these dose is waste.

Shaheerqtr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    are u stupid ? 😂😂😂

outdogz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hii i just want to ask if anyone know where the source of fats in mass gainer is from? Please let me know if u do

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by outdogz View Post
    Hii i just want to ask if anyone know where the source of fats in mass gainer is from? Please let me know if u do
    Most do not have high fat content, mostly it's carbs. The fat source is usually from the milk they use to get the protein (whey/casein), though it would depend on brand and product for more soecifics.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823