mania905 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mania905 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mania905 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mania905 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mania905 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mania905 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mania905 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mania905 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mania905 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mania905 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mania905 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Back angle and hip position in Deadlift

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exer...rbell+Deadlift

This link says "Think of a deadlift as a squat, only the bar is in your hands rather than on your back". I'd say I really feel comfortable and can handdle heavy weight in this form. But what I've seen from others( lots of training vidieos, pro DVDs..) they're all doing in more SLDL like form in regular DL.

Let me say, the starting form explaind in that link above:

hips are in very low
    back angle is like 45 degree

but what mostly I saw form other is:

hip position is higher
    back is almost horizontal

mania905 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mania905 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mania905 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mania905 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mania905 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mania905 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mania905 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mania905 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mania905 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mania905 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mania905 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    what do you guys think about what dominik said in this thread:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...t=deadlift+hip

anyone?

cjhannsz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjhannsz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjhannsz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjhannsz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjhannsz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjhannsz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjhannsz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjhannsz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjhannsz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjhannsz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjhannsz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I tend to lean back a small bit and use a small amount of leg drive, in order to lift most of it with my back. Not quite a SLDL, because I bend my legs and lift with both, but definately nothing like my squats.

I know a guy who lifts great amounts of weight (600+) whos deadlifts are nothing but SLDL's, although he won't admit it. How you pull is up to you, as long as your back isn't rounded and you feel comfortable.

KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mania905 View Post

This link says "Think of a deadlift as a squat, only the bar is in your hands rather than on your back". I'd say I really feel comfortable and can handdle heavy weight in this form. But what I've seen from others( lots of training vidieos, pro DVDs..) they're all doing in more SLDL like form in regular DL.

Let me say, the starting form explaind in that link above:

hips are in very low
    back angle is like 45 degree
    That seems to be how olympic lifters raise the bar from the floor. It activates the quads a lot so feels like a squat

but what mostly I saw form other is:

hip position is higher
    back is almost horizontal
    That's what I prefer. You get more out of your hamstrings and less from the lower back. It feels like your "pinching" the bar up with hamstrings.
    Geese_Howard: Just walk into any mental institution and tell the docs in there everything about your religion but substitute the name muhammed for 'Punjab' and see if they let you walk out...

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I definitely prefer driving up with the legs. The erectors are going to be tensed anyways during this no matter what. Then they finish the movement at the top.

Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

This link says "Think of a deadlift as a squat, only the bar is in your hands rather than on your back".
    a deadlift isnt a squat! its a deadlift! Damn! how hard is this to understand? there is soooo many different styles that can suit soooo many different ppl in so many different ways.. what works for one guy may not work work for another guy. I personally get a very slow rep if i use the strict push through the heels style, so i push from the arch of my foot while leaning over more, starting the pull with my back. Heres a good link explaining the different styles http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/tphillips1.htm
    275lb atg front squat / 235lb paused bench (in comp) / 445lb Conventional Deadlift using mixed grip/chalk/belt (in comp) / Deadlift-425x3 using a hook grip + chalk / BP low-bar back squat 335x2 & 315x4 & 350x1 (in comp)

A tree with a thin trunk can only make branches so big -me

Won 1st place at my first powerlifting comp!!!!!!!! Yea!!!!!!1

qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KingSht View Post
    That seems to be how olympic lifters raise the bar from the floor. It activates the quads a lot so feels like a squat
    Actually they do it to increase the pulling distance so that they can get in a better position for the second pull. The first pull never really holds back an olympic lifter so why not make it harder to make the second pull easier.

For a bodybuilder or powerlifter though you do have to worry about a second pull so you want to use the best leverages possible.

Sport Nutritionist :) WannaBbig!'s Avatar
    WannaBbig! has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WannaBbig! has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WannaBbig! has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WannaBbig! has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WannaBbig! has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WannaBbig! has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WannaBbig! has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WannaBbig! has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WannaBbig! has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WannaBbig! has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WannaBbig! has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I feel much safer in the first version, the movement is more difficult but i think it leads to fewer injuries over time.
    "This game, this iron warfare... S**t, it's all about progress and conquest. Bettering yourself, besting the weights, evolving at a constant, regular pace toward your ideal physique." - Animalpak.com

Fail to Plan...then Plan to Fail.

Dialene 4 review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=95389043#post95389043

Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by qb-killa View Post
    Actually they do it to increase the pulling distance so that they can get in a better position for the second pull. The first pull never really holds back an olympic lifter so why not make it harder to make the second pull easier.

For a bodybuilder or powerlifter though you do have to worry about a second pull so you want to use the best leverages possible.
    x2
    275lb atg front squat / 235lb paused bench (in comp) / 445lb Conventional Deadlift using mixed grip/chalk/belt (in comp) / Deadlift-425x3 using a hook grip + chalk / BP low-bar back squat 335x2 & 315x4 & 350x1 (in comp)

A tree with a thin trunk can only make branches so big -me

Won 1st place at my first powerlifting comp!!!!!!!! Yea!!!!!!1

Originally Posted by qb-killa View Post

so qb-killa do you think bbers or powerlifters should lift like second style?
    when I had did it, I couldnt handle that heavy weight because so much tension came on my lower back. So I have sticked with the first style for a long time. But I'm thinking of switching into second one cuz I wanna hit mainly on back.