patilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

dull shoulder pain coming from rear delt?

i dont know really where my tenderness / dull pain in the shoulder comes from, i though it was some rotator cuff thing (soft damaged in any case)

but now imagine: tuck your elbow in vertical with your body, raise the forearm till it gets horizontal, now try to move the arm outwards the body, thats when the rear delt hurts, its a soft stabbing pain in the low rear delt and its the only time i noticed pain in my shoulder, all the other times was dull ache/tiredness

the MRI without contrast showed nothing

is that something with rotator cuff? ideas?

Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sounds like you have some overuse adhesions in your rear delt. I've had them myself and treated a number with the same thing. If that's the case a good soft tissue technique like ART will do the trick.
    Dr Clay Hyght, DC, CSCS, CISSN
    www.DrClay.com

www.Labrada.com

Labrada Nutrition: "The Most Trusted Name in Sports Nutrition!"

The above is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be used as medical advice. Always consult your doctor prior to beginning any new diet, supplementation, or exercise program.

patilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    art? explain further, can i do it myself?

AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am getting the impression that:
    SuperCissusRx
    Ergoscue Method
    Active Release Techniques

are the solution to all the world's problems.

Pain in the rear shoulder is often referred pain from the neck.

Also trigger points in supraspinatus or teres muscles.

Posterior capsule strain is rare.

Not surprised that MRI was clear with pain in that area.

Originally Posted by AutumnalPark View Post
    I am getting the impression that:
    SuperCissusRx
    Ergoscue Method
    Active Release Techniques

are the solution to all the world's problems.
    pff let me save money for my next protein deliver and ill see if i can afford anything

Pain in the rear shoulder is often referred pain from the neck.
    i have been doing some neck exercices but neck doesnt hurt, how could i ensure if it comes from that? and posible treatmen?

Also trigger points in supraspinatus or teres muscles.
    thats rotator cuff? i heard its on the front of the shoulder, can u explain how is the RC placed?

Posterior capsule strain is rare.
    i have been doing yates rows very heavy for me ( 12 reps 60 kgr bar included), also military press, maybe a conjunction of both..?

Not surprised that MRI was clear with pain in that area.
    does the injury uses to hide in that shots?

explain me more, this is frustrating

AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The rotator cuff is mainly at the back of the shoulder, but wraps around to the front of the shoulder joint as well.

Structures do not have to appear structurally abnormal to be painful, hence the MRI being clear.

Physio or chiro can check your neck for problems.

Doing military press behind the neck can put strain on the shoulder joint.

Strains of the rear delts in isolation are rare.

What sort of things case the pain to be present?

2 months ago: flat bench press and incline bench press i dont know if anything else because i took 2 weeks after i felt it doing chest... (i could do shoulders)
    1 month ago: incline bench press and anything involving the shoulder as the stabilizer, so any triceps exercice (i could still do shoulders)

*we are always talking about a dull soft pain in the entire shoulder, dont know exactly where

nowdays: 2 days ago when doing seated rows in machine, the trap-rear delt area felt weird, very weird, and yesterday doing triceps and biceps the dull sensation came again..

dr. clay said in another post it could be bicipital tendinitis because i can do shoulders, im more confused now
    Last edited by patilla; 09-22-2007 at 09:15 AM.

If it ia a vague non-specific pain, is going to be very hard to help you much via the forum, needs to have some kind of practitioner examine you.

absto is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey patilla,

I know this is an old thread bt I’ve gone through the exact same experience as you with ache while benching for an extended period of time which gradually got worse, now my read felt seems to always hurt no matter what exercise I do.

Please if you found any way of resolving this, can you update me?

DeusVult777 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yo guys does it still bother u? i also have rear delt pain when doing most exercises