robbie1jost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Idk if I should cut

Ok so I've been going pretty hard at the gym for the past 8 months or so and I've made some incredible gains. I am at my highest weight ever. Im 6'0 and 207lbs I really wanna lose my fat so my muscle is a lot more visible but I'm also scared to lose all my progress that I've made... if I do lose any strength how hard is it too get it back? Idk Im really lost I just wanna get shredded but I'm scared about the muscle loss part I hear is "inevitable" please help!

Registered User thevillekiller4's Avatar
    thevillekiller4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thevillekiller4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thevillekiller4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thevillekiller4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thevillekiller4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thevillekiller4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thevillekiller4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thevillekiller4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thevillekiller4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thevillekiller4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thevillekiller4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Well, it depends (also showing some pics would help) but from what you said, ur basiclly scared of losing muscle and strength, well let me tell ya, yes ull lose a little bit of strength but dont worry about it, you can get it back in 2 weeks, and about the muscle loss when cutting, what do you want me to say, didnt happen to me, ull lose weight obviously but u wont lose your progress at all, now u gotta be carefull with this, cz u say you've been hitting it hard, but did you bulk with a proper diet? and how long have you been lifting for? 8 months or more?, sometimes if you've been lifting for a short period, part of the gains are water and glutamine, which if you cut down hardcore, ull lose all that water therefore ull feel u get skinnier, but if u think you look great, totally go for it, ur not going to become skinny from cuting, just the opposite, ur going to look bigger, thats what the cuting does, make you look better

PD: sry for my bad ass english xD
    PD2: again, some pics would help

robbie1jost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by thevillekiller4 View Post
    Well, it depends (also showing some pics would help) but from what you said, ur basiclly scared of losing muscle and strength, well let me tell ya, yes ull lose a little bit of strength but dont worry about it, you can get it back in 2 weeks, and about the muscle loss when cutting, what do you want me to say, didnt happen to me, ull lose weight obviously but u wont lose your progress at all, now u gotta be carefull with this, cz u say you've been hitting it hard, but did you bulk with a proper diet? and how long have you been lifting for? 8 months or more?, sometimes if you've been lifting for a short period, part of the gains are water and glutamine, which if you cut down hardcore, ull lose all that water therefore ull feel u get skinnier, but if u think you look great, totally go for it, ur not going to become skinny from cuting, just the opposite, ur going to look bigger, thats what the cuting does, make you look better

PD: sry for my bad ass english xD
    PD2: again, some pics would help
    Yes I've been lifting for quite some time now like 1 year+ or so I didn't bulk just wasn't watching what I ate over the summer. I gained about 18 pounds in the process. And I'll send pictures in the morning

Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    You're gonna have to get over your fear of losing progress. If you're bulking, you'll inevitably have to cut at some point. Just lose weight slowly, and you'll be fine. Any muscle you do lose will be minor, and you'll gain it back in no time when you start bulking again.

Trust me man, you don't want to end up a perma-bulker. Doesn't look good, and it isn't healthy.

Also, as a general rule, if you're above 20% bodyfat, cutting is a good idea.