shawn57187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawn57187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawn57187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawn57187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawn57187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawn57187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawn57187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawn57187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawn57187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawn57187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawn57187 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

When should I start cutting

Here's some background:
    My girlfriend of a couple years left for exchange student studies in the UK last fall and will be returning late this upcoming september. While we keep in regular contact and she knows I was going to the gym, she doesn't know I've gained almost 40lbs of weight since we've last seen each other. Noob gains have been good to me (aside from gaining a couple stretchmarks). I think I gained so much mass because my dad/uncles are naturally well built and I am a art student that has always under ate and been inactive. Anyways, while I would like to keep bulking, I would like even more to surprise my girlfriend on her return by being cut up. I can always start bulking again after she comes back.

My stats are:
    Height: 6ft
    Weight: 195-200lbs
    Biceps: 15.75"
    Legs: 24.5"
    Calves: 16.5"
    Chest: ~46"
    BF%: ~12%
    Waist: 33"

My questions are:
    -When should I stop bulking and begin cutting in order to reach 8% BF? I figured around two months out from her arrival, but I'm not sure if that will be enough time?

-How much muscle/size can I expect to lose while cutting? After seeing some old pictures of me, I really fear becoming skinny again.

-I've been doing lots of reading on the ketogenic diet. Has anyone used this diet before? What results did you get from it?

-How should I adjust my typical 4 day split for a cutting cycle?

-Should I keep lifting until my current work weights become easy before starting my cutting diet so as to not incur so much muscle damage while cutting?

Thanks!

Shawn
    “Burdens are the foundations of ease and bitter things the forerunners of pleasure.”
    ~ Mevlana Rumi

nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    From my experience 8 weeks is a standard cutting phase. The major step in a decent cutting routine is: cardio, diet, training. you want to try to lose about a pound a week, any more than that and you risk losing muscle. In 8 weeks i was able to reduce my body fat by 4%. So when you are ready to start cutting, do cardio 4 or more times a week, stay on a good routine and lift hard (you want to keep that muscle you worked for). Start out by slowly reducing your calorie intake and adjust it so you are losing about a pound a week. Eat 6 solid meals, high protein, complex carbs, good fats. Get on some supps, a multi, fish oil, and whey protein are pretty standard. Some use creatine to keep their strength up. allow yourslef a cheat meal every once in a while, but follow it with cardio the next morning. If your 12% BF now and lose about 4% in 8 weeks that would put you around 8% which is very nice and lean. YOu should have very visible abs and a cut up look. Hope that helps. Best of luck to you!