jflballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jflballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jflballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jflballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jflballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jflballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Music y'all listen to for motivation?

It's crazy how much music motivates me in the gym, or when I'm trying to accomplish anything. It's usually about 20-30 tracks that I listen to for a few weeks that keep me motivated.

What songs do you guys listen to for motivation?

A few of mine...

Eminem-Till I Collapse
    Kanye West-Diamonds (current fave)
    Jay Z-Moment of Clarity
    Ja Rule-Dial M For Murder
    50 Cent-Patiently Waiting
    2Pac-Starin Through My Rearview
    "All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    .....thread starter....you have no idea. Try the SEARCH feature. It's extremely handy in finding the millions of answers to this specific question.
    OG 2004 Join Date

Max Lifts @ 190 lbs:
    - Benchpress - 235 lbs
    - Deadlift - 440 lbs
    - Squat - 365 lbs

Igneus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Igneus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Igneus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Igneus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Igneus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Igneus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Igneus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Igneus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Igneus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Igneus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Igneus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If skel would record himself singing.. .I'd prolly listen to that for motivation..

hahaha .. okay jokes aside...

I like seether, and all general heavy rock (godsmack ,etc).... I also use people for motivation... the people I have anger towards.... The people that I like (Skel, Bigshot, Phillip, you guys know who you are)

And last I think about losing my girl to another guy and then I work out even harder to try and reach my new body.

crb4osu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crb4osu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I listen to Linkin Park, Godsmack and Metallica mostly when working out. I to use to use losing my girl as motivation but now it turns out that was the best thing that ever happened to me to change my life so it doesn't help me stay motivated.

gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Original breaks baby! Bboy jams all the way.
    I also like alternative rock and heavey stuff.Classic hip hop as well.

aaahhh52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Incubus (amazing band, very motivational and inspirational) Linkin park, Breaking benjamin, Metallica

Location: the hand was not of flesh, but on an arm of blackened steel, with copper trim, always moving.rising above the clouds, it surveys its district, but only to descend gracefully into black smoke.who were their creators?no one has dared to get close enough to ask, Belize
    Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000)
    rock, Trance (DJ TiŽsto & the like)

levels1069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) levels1069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) levels1069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) levels1069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) levels1069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) levels1069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) levels1069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) levels1069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) levels1069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) levels1069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) levels1069 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Atreyu, Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, Underoath

i'm a hardcore kid, i'd much rather lift weights pretending i'm getting ready to go kill someone than lifting weights pretending i'm taking a nice quiet stroll in the park on a warm sunny day. hahah
    "I now only have good days, and great days"
    -Lance Armstrong

jflballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jflballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jflballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jflballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jflballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jflballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by crb4osu
    I listen to Linkin Park, Godsmack and Metallica mostly when working out. I to use to use losing my girl as motivation but now it turns out that was the best thing that ever happened to me to change my life so it doesn't help me stay motivated.

haha...same here, best thing that ever happened to me
    "All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

tryn2change is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tryn2change is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tryn2change is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tryn2change is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tryn2change is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tryn2change is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tryn2change is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tryn2change is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tryn2change is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tryn2change is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tryn2change is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I love rap but I just CANT work out to rap music.....makes me kinda sleepy lol

I just throw some Slayer (God hates us all (track 9 just gets me pumped up!)) and a lil Pantera in the lil mp3 player and I am good man.

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by crb4osu
    I to use to use losing my girl as motivation but now it turns out that was the best thing that ever happened to me to change my life so it doesn't help me stay motivated.
    Word,

Just for the record, I listen to SOD, Slayer, Rancid, and Bad Religion... mostly. I'm kind of picky over music. It's gotta have energy to it.
    Last edited by skelooth; 04-27-2005 at 07:09 PM.
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Any of these should help you own your workout -

Slipknot
    Chimaira
    Lamb of God

My personal favorite -

Bleeding Through - "Portrait of a Goddess"

msulifter37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msulifter37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msulifter37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msulifter37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msulifter37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msulifter37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msulifter37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msulifter37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msulifter37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msulifter37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msulifter37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up anything heavy for sure

hey, whats a better way to use my first post on bb.com than to use it on music that gets me up for liftin?

let's see... anything pretty heavy (metallica for sure, disturbed, ozzy...) but not death metal. screaming is bad. classic rock is the best for running because theres more of a beat in that music. (acdc, black sabbath, skynyrd, ccr) id have to agree though that rap is not good liftin music. neither is punk but thats because i really cant stand punk. whinny bitch music in my opinion.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Weight: 192
    BF%: 11
    Years of serious weight lifting: 6

Originally Posted by msulifter37
    neither is punk but thats because i really cant stand punk. whinny bitch music in my opinion.
    You have no idea what Punk music is. Emo is NOT punk. AT ALL. Get your genres right before you bash something you know nothing about.

This whole thread is off topic.

Skinny52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skinny52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skinny52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skinny52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skinny52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skinny52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skinny52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skinny52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skinny52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skinny52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skinny52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Man you'll listen to disturbed but not punk. Even if your really talking about emo that is pretty weird. I pretty much listen to punk exclusivley when working out. Tons of energy, attitude, and so many great songs and bands to choose from.