kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Why do protein bars have so much Sat Fat?

When i'm on the go protein bars are my only option in some cases. The bar I usually eat contains 4g of sat fat. Someimtes I need to eat 2bars or worst case 3bars in 1 day. Is it bad having all that Saturated fat or what? The bar has 5g net carbs, 35g protein, ang 6g of fat (4 is sat). My total saturated fat for the day could be aroud 15g-20g b/c i have 2 yolks in the morning and muscle milk protein shake b4 bed. That's probably the same saturated fat as 1 big mac. Ugh is my heart gonna be clogged?

Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kibslib
    When i'm on the go protein bars are my only option in some cases. The bar I usually eat contains 4g of sat fat. Someimtes I need to eat 2bars or worst case 3bars in 1 day. Is it bad having all that Saturated fat or what? The bar has 5g net carbs, 35g protein, ang 6g of fat (4 is sat). My total saturated fat for the day could be aroud 15g-20g b/c i have 2 yolks in the morning and muscle milk protein shake b4 bed. That's probably the same saturated fat as 1 big mac. Ugh is my heart gonna be clogged?
    Commercial protein bars are worthless and full of low quality protein. The saturated fat comes from all the butter and other hydrogenated oils. You're better off making your own.

FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

If all Protein Bars are crap...

If all Protein Bars are crap..., does anyone recommend any that are not ?

kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50) kibslib will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WannaBeModel
    Commercial protein bars are worthless and full of low quality protein. The saturated fat comes from all the butter and other hydrogenated oils. You're better off making your own.
    How the hell do you make your own? Keep in mind i would need something High protein Low carb and low fat. Something like 30g Protein, 5g Carb, and 2g Fat

BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Because they suck.
    On top of my game, and it don't stop til my hip don't hop anymore.

zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How the hell do you make your own? Keep in mind i would need something High protein Low carb and low fat. Something like 30g Protein, 5g Carb, and 2g Fat
    I made my own once - it was sort of fun. I used:
    nonfat cottage cheese
    whole oats
    chocolate whey
    natty PB (not much)
    some water to wet it down a little
    a little splenda to sweeten it a little

How much of each? I completely forget, but feel free to experiment. Just total up what you use so you can total up the protein, cals, etc.

They were pretty damn good. It was like paste when I was trying to stir it all up, but once it was well mixed, I just scooped it all into little balls on small tinfoil squares, and mashed them flat. Then I just kept them in the fridge. They were good.

xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Home made protein bar recipes....
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ein+bar+recipe
    Unaffiliated.

nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Something like 30g Protein, 5g Carb, and 2g Fat
    That's a horrible macronutrient breakdown for a meal replacement.

Originally Posted by nithos
    That's a horrible macronutrient breakdown for a meal replacement.
    Not for my goals. I basically want a Chicken Breast "to go". Meaning all protein, very low fat, and no carbs. Thats the purpose i'm trying to get out of my protein bars. I'm on a contest diet and that's what i need.

mr_boxlin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mr_boxlin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mr_boxlin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mr_boxlin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mr_boxlin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mr_boxlin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mr_boxlin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mr_boxlin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mr_boxlin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mr_boxlin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mr_boxlin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not for my goals. I basically want a Chicken Breast "to go". Meaning all protein, very low fat, and no carbs. Thats the purpose i'm trying to get out of my protein bars. I'm on a contest diet and that's what i need.
    that's pretty damn hard... i guess you could put 2 scoops whey in a baggie, mix it in a bottle/shaker bottle/etc of water and drink.

MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just bring a chicken breast.
    Supplement free,
    healthy eater.

Originally Posted by MCconditioner
    Just bring a chicken breast.
    If I have to go to the mall for 3-4 hours, I can't just bring a chicken breast. Or even if I need to go to a friends house or a girl's house, a protein bar is the only way to go.

Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If I have to go to the mall for 3-4 hours, I can't just bring a chicken breast. Or even if I need to go to a friends house or a girl's house, a protein bar is the only way to go.
    Hm...you could substitute the oats in many cooked bars with flaxmeal. I've made some with oats, you can try it with flax:

6 scoops whey
    6 egg whites
    .5 cup milk
    2 cups flaxmeal
    1 cup splenda
    1 tbs baking powder
    cinnamon to taste

Bake @ 350 until toothpick comes out clean when tested in middle. You are probably better off using egg or casein protein if you are worried about it denaturing.

EDIT: These normally have applesauce, so you might want to add a tiny bit of water until they aren't extremely dry.
    Last edited by WannaBeModel; 04-26-2005 at 04:19 PM.

I hate saying "I guess" or "maybe" about my recipes, so I made these bars. They taste really good. I omitted the milk(I don't eat dairy) and used water instead. They taste really good.

rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Why can't you bring a chicken breast? Lots of people here tow food all day long. And like the other guy said, just bring a shaker bottle with protein powder, oats, and fill it with water when you need a meal replacement.

And the reason commercial bars have so much saturated fat is because of the palm kernel oil the manufacturers use. It's stable, has a good texture, is cheap for them to use, and is unhealthy.

By the way - if you're on a contest diet, you should be eating a completely clean diet. Between wholesome carbs from a homemade bar and the worthless sugar alcohols from commercial bars, the real carbs are definitely the lesser evil. Besides - most sugar alcohols do count as carbs, so your "5g net carb" bar is a total sham.
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=527284

Practice safe eating - always use condiments.
    part of DA...keep it on the QT

FeMMisc SPA #5

Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Packaged foods have more saturated fat because mono and poly fats go rancid somewhat easily whereas saturated fat is very stable.

You're not really going to find a healthy packaged food.

If you have it, Flaunt It mikeymontana's Avatar
    mikeymontana is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikeymontana is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikeymontana is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikeymontana is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikeymontana is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikeymontana is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikeymontana is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikeymontana is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikeymontana is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikeymontana is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikeymontana is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    the ownage.

QUICK MRP - W/O THE WTF ARE YOU DRINKING QUESTION

(CAN BE MODIFIED)

1. 1 NESQUICK CHOCOLATE BOTTLE - CHECK

2. 1 BLENDER - CHECK

3. 1/2 CUP OATS - CHECK

4. 2 SCOOPS CHOC WHEY - CHECK

5. 1 TBSP NAT PB - CHECK

6. 2 CUPS SKIM MILK - CHECK

DIRECTIONS:

1. ADD 3-5 IN A BLENDER
    2. BLEND
    3. POUR CONTENTS INTO NESQUICK BOTTLE
    4. SHAKE
    5. CONSUME

Im tired of people asking me why the **** am I drinking choc milk in a water bottle for.
    crunch time.

US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    People look at me funny at campus when I sit on the lawn and eat chicken and broccoli out of a tupperware container.

They're usually stuffing their faces on the "healthy" salads that the school offers. All kinds of fatty cheese and ham, bacon, ranch, mmmm HEALTHY!

Fat ass mother****ers.

I'm done ranting now.