jsrlifter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsrlifter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsrlifter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Joe Ladnier is a complete ***hole!

I email him from time to time asking opinions or advice and today he totally blew me off by saying something like, "Do you ever pay for information or you just pick people's brains for information for free". What a complete ***hole. If he is gonna act like this, he needs to take his email address and his cell number off his website. Sorry for venting, im just trying to learn this sport in and out, but apparently he doesn't want to share anything.

italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jsrlifter
    I email him from time to time asking opinions or advice and today he totally blew me off by saying something like, "Do you ever pay for information or you just pick people's brains for information for free". What a complete ***hole. If he is gonna act like this, he needs to take his email address and his cell number off his website. Sorry for venting, im just trying to learn this sport in and out, but apparently he doesn't want to share anything.
    I wouldnt call him an aszhole to his face tho....lol
    Theres not much to learn, watch some vids, make a routine and go.
    Arizona State University Sun Devils

Looking to cut down to around 242 (Currently 333)
    Goal is to loose a **** ton of fat, and get back into powerlifting.

Most Recent maxes
    Bench-340
    Squat-550
    Clean-127.5kg
    Deadlift-Not sure

fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How often is time to time and what kind of questions are you asking? Maybe he doesnt feel like constantly answering your questions which could easily be addressed any where else.

jsrlifter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsrlifter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsrlifter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Maybe once every couple of months, but i emailed him yesterday, and he didn't give me a clear answer, so i emailed today to clarify it

italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italianbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by fuzzwazser
    How often is time to time and what kind of questions are you asking? Maybe he doesnt feel like constantly answering your questions which could easily be addressed any where else.
    What could you ahve wanted to know, that coulndt be answered on these forums?

Most Recent maxes
    Bench-340
    Squat-550
    Clean-127.5kg
    Deadlift-Not sure

Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well, I don't know if you were taking advantage of him or not, but I'd send him an email along these lines...

Apologise for being asking questions of someone who placed his contact details in the public realm for that purpose and explain that you hadn't realised how much more important his time is than yours. Now you understand how god-like he is and how worthless you are, you won't bother him further. Then thank him for the five minutes or so he spent previously answering questions and tell him you will frame his emails in your house as a living monument to his generosity of spirit.
    "A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand."

Originally Posted by Mr Beer
    Well, I don't know if you were taking advantage of him or not, but I'd send him an email along these lines...

Apologise for being asking questions of someone who placed his contact details in the public realm for that purpose and explain that you hadn't realised how much more important his time is than yours. Now you understand how god-like he is and how worthless you are, you won't bother him further. Then thank him for the five minutes or so he spent previously answering questions and tell him you will frame his emails in your house as a living monument to his generosity of spirit.
    lol, agreed.

Most Recent maxes
    Bench-340
    Squat-550
    Clean-127.5kg
    Deadlift-Not sure

lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucubration. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    At least he was nice enough to answer you all those other times.

SirDidymus666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDidymus666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDidymus666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDidymus666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDidymus666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDidymus666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDidymus666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDidymus666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDidymus666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDidymus666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDidymus666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've met Joe at a couple of meets and he isn't a very friendly guy. A lot of the bigger PLers are like that. They develop their little circles and think everyone else is below them. As far as asking and answering questions online, I don't know the real situation...maybe you came of kind of like a pest and don't realise it, but he still could've put it in a more polite way. Ah, **** him anyway...I'm sure I can tell you his biggest secret to benching big...TEST. lol.

ELITE242ER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELITE242ER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELITE242ER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELITE242ER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELITE242ER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELITE242ER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELITE242ER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELITE242ER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELITE242ER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELITE242ER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELITE242ER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SirDidymus666
    I've met Joe at a couple of meets and he isn't a very friendly guy. A lot of the bigger PLers are like that. They develop their little circles and think everyone else is below them. As far as asking and answering questions online, I don't know the real situation...maybe you came of kind of like a pest and don't realise it, but he still could've put it in a more polite way. Ah, **** him anyway...I'm sure I can tell you his biggest secret to benching big...TEST. lol.
    I dont know about Joe or if the guy was being a pest, but I have got help/training from many of the top lifters and they all where glad to do it. When I tore my pec Ryan Kennelly was gracious enough to give his time and advice in his forum to help me out. Brent Mikesell took time to write me up a personal training program, yes I paid for it, but in what other sport can you have one of the greats communicate with you and train you. Lastely I have been fortunate enough to get a program done by Mike Miller. I emailed him wanting to set something up and he told me to just give him a call. After talking to him several times he gave me a great program and even gave me a break because I am low on cash and starting a family. The guy is a real class act. So I cant speak for everyone, but I feel this is a great sport where some of the top lifters are willing to lend a hand and help out.

I think Sgt. Rock may have a personal insight into Joe and have something to say if he comes around.

C_Gillespie ELITE242ER

powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ELITE242ER
    I think Sgt. Rock may have a personal insight into Joe and have something to say if he comes around.

C_Gillespie ELITE242ER
    Sadly, SGT Rock does not post to much on this fourm.

SirDidymus666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDidymus666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDidymus666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDidymus666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDidymus666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDidymus666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDidymus666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDidymus666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDidymus666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDidymus666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDidymus666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ELITE242ER
    I dont know about Joe or if the guy was being a pest, but I have got help/training from many of the top lifters and they all where glad to do it. When I tore my pec Ryan Kennelly was gracious enough to give his time and advice in his forum to help me out. Brent Mikesell took time to write me up a personal training program, yes I paid for it, but in what other sport can you have one of the greats communicate with you and train you. Lastely I have been fortunate enough to get a program done by Mike Miller. I emailed him wanting to set something up and he told me to just give him a call. After talking to him several times he gave me a great program and even gave me a break because I am low on cash and starting a family. The guy is a real class act. So I cant speak for everyone, but I feel this is a great sport where some of the top lifters are willing to lend a hand and help out.

C_Gillespie ELITE242ER
    I didn't even bother to read all of that because I'm stupid and lazy...lol...but I agree with the gist of it. It wasn't fair of me to lump all of the big lifters into one catagory like that. Some of the big guys. Not all. My bad. I'll get over it...lol.

Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000)
    I agree, most of the more accomplished PL's are glad to help anyone out. I'm sure there are a few out there who are not so social but everytime I've met one they've been great.

midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000)
    What the hell did you ask?

Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There's more to the story than he's telling. Maybe he's a stalker, sending questionable e-mails.....
    BP-29/07/05 -305 -3/3/06 - 325 - 340
    SQ- 365 - 3/3//06 - 400 - 420
    DL- 400 - 425 - 435
    5' 10"
    191lbs - 3/3/06 180lbs - 185lbs

Good debaters -theredshirt, majortrepack,kalagan, big natural, JBDW, Syriankid, Icedragon etc

Moronic debaters list -Too many *sigh*

I asked if he did any bench variations as a substitute for the bench and if so, which ones? And NO, im not a stalker.

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by italianbencher
    you have alot to learn my 15 year old friend

midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jsrlifter
    I asked if he did any bench variations as a substitute for the bench and if so, which ones? And NO, im not a stalker.
    Well what works for him might not work for you.

SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry I dont come here alot guys, lots of cool peeps, but alas a few trolls as well. As for Joe, he is a personal friend of mine, and he gets even more emails than I do. I try and answer them all, and usually do. Joe is a human being, a father, son, christian, and friend. I don't know what happened with him via email with the other gentleman, all I can say is I work with him every year at the Arnold Classic and he is a coold guy to hang out with, and a true legend of Powerlifting. See him at FIBO in Europe really soon.

Semper Fi
    Sgt Rock
    USMC

SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SGT ROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

It’s never too late to set the record straight

I was made aware of this just now. A decade later. I’ve never half assed anything in my life. That said. I’m glad you finally shut your soup cooler. Don’t judge. You did. And posted it. Keyboard warrior first civ div. You. Lad? Warrior. I reside in Vegas if anyone wants to train.

Semper Fidelis
    Sgt Rock USMC
    HOF 2014.

North5evil is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by italianbencher View Post
    I wouldnt call him an aszhole to his face tho....lol
    I see where you are coming from, but it's surprising how much a professional can help you. He may catch one or two little things that you are doing wrong and don't even realize you're doing wrong, and that could mean tons more progress over a period of months and years.

Also, it doesn't sound like OP has much empathy, or like he's considering what it could be like for a successful weightlifter who's put his contact information up. If he answered everything for free, he'd lose how much money a week, a month, a year, over 10 years, over a lifetime?
    Last edited by North5evil; 01-22-2021 at 03:10 PM.

NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What you were basically asking for was free coaching advice. Just because someone's email is public doesn't mean they offer free coaching which is basically what you were asking for.