Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50)

OT- Inspiring story, support needed

Hey Everybody-

I don't post much especially for issues outside of running/lifting (also posted this in the Fem. Misc.) but I really want to share this story. I came across the story at work on our internal website because it featured a fellow employee located out of state. A dedicated father has joined 4 other dads in a race against time to save their children from a very rare and aggressive childhood cancer known as neuroblastoma. They have chosen to bike all the way across the country non-stop and left California on Monday 9/10 (they have made it to NV so far). They have taken this plight to help raise awareness and fundings for a cutting edge treatment they cannot afford. They have been told that a treatment known as 3F8 could help, but 2 to 3 million $ is needed...money they do not have.

Here is the link to The Loneliest Road Campaign website designed to support this ride, meet the five kids and their dads, track their progress via GPS, and create awareness on the issue:
    http://www.graceoughtoncancerfoundat...oad/index.html

I have started contacting local media outlets for coverage on this story (TV, radio and paper) and even National media and have been repeatedly ignored and rejected. I have e-mailed everyone I know and have posted bulletins on Myspace just asking people to share the story. I plan to continue this but I am running out of ideas and time is not on our side. I also think by trying to get this on Snopes.com and Wikipedia will help reassure people that this is not a hoax or scam.

I am asking for suggestions on how I can get this story to go National, or even local for that matter.

And of course, my shameless plug...please share this story and website with everyone you can. Even if you are unable to donate, just by helping to create awareness means the world to these families.

Here is a video montage on youtube including pictures from the road:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GOORenB0fU

Watch the father's messages to their families:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKU4-9rrkf8

Watch video montage of Grace (not for the faint of heart, be ready with kleenex)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTwAVJkF_2o

THANK YOU!!!
    Last edited by runnermama; 09-13-2007 at 02:38 PM. Reason: adding youtube links
    Team Rousey

Onomatopoeia == good buzz bhaputi's Avatar
    bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I believe this is the correct link? The link you included is not working.

runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    YIKES! Thank you for posting that! I am not sure why that didn't copy over. I will fix it....
    Team Rousey

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Have you tried contacting CNN?

May God Bless them on thier journey and get them the funds needed.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

Originally Posted by Overload View Post
    Have you tried contacting CNN?

May God Bless them on thier journey and get them the funds needed.
    No, have not tried CNN...yet. I have gone to the local paper, 2 radio stations, local TV news, local bike riders group, and for National I have gone through all the NBC affiliates...Nightly News, Today Show, Dateline, and the Weekend new edition. I am trying to branch out to CBS, ABC, etc. And thought about Parents magazine and People magazine. I just have so much more research to do...
    Team Rousey

Onomatopoeia == good buzz bhaputi's Avatar
    bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by runnermama View Post
    No, have not tried CNN...yet. I have gone to the local paper, 2 radio stations, local TV news, local bike riders group, and for National I have gone through all the NBC affiliates...Nightly News, Today Show, Dateline, and the Weekend new edition. I am trying to branch out to CBS, ABC, etc. And thought about Parents magazine and People magazine. I just have so much more research to do...
    Try places like fark.com also.

Originally Posted by bhaputi View Post
    Try places like fark.com also.
    I just checked that out. I set up an account but still haven't received the confirmation e-mail yet. In the meantime, I e-mailed CBS Nightly News and 60 minutes.
    Team Rousey

So it looks like getting it submitted in Wikipedia is a bust. I got a message back saying that my submission is on tap for immediate deletion.

The given reason is: It is an article about a person, group of people, band, club, company, or web content that does not assert the importance or significance of the subject.

It's so frustrating how spam and hoax e-mails can spread like wildfire and yet a legitimate cause somehow falls on deaf ears.
    Team Rousey

added youtube video links
    Team Rousey

dannygu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dannygu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I read this story in my local paper (Charleston, SC). It is very touching and inspiring at the same time. I gave my little boy an extra long hug after reading and thank god for his health.
    You are doing a lot just by posting. There are many who read and all helps.
    "It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion...

Yaaaaayy!!!

The website has now posted their projected timeframe for passing through some major cities, whew! What a relief! I was told yesterday that they were going to pass through KC late on the evening of the 20th (always subject to change), but now this schedule can help people plan to support on their way through!

If you are in or near any of these cities or know anyone else near these locations that would be interested, please forward on!!

The Loneliest Road Campaign?s Projected Path (subject to change)

Tuesday, Sept. 11 - Reno, NV to Austin, NV 205 miles
    Wednesday, Sept. 12 - Austin, NV to Baker, NV 209 miles
    Thursday, Sept. 13 - Baker, NV to Salt Lake City 220 miles
    Friday, Sept. 14 - Salt Lake City, UT to Dinosaur, CO 175 miles
    Media Event 7am-9am
    Saturday, Sept. 15 - Dinosaur, CO to Steamboat Springs, CO 128 miles
    Sunday, Sept. 16 ?-Steamboat Springs, CO to Denver, CO 175 miles
    Monday, Sept. 17 - Denver, CO to Oberlin, KS 248 miles
    Media Event 7am-9am
    Tuesday, Sept. 18 - Oberlin, KS to Hiawatha, KS 271 miles
    Wednesday, Sept. 19 - Hiawatha, KS to Kansas City, MO 95 miles
    Thursday, Sept. 20 - Kansas City, MO to Columbia, MO 162 miles
    Media Event 7am-9am
    Friday, Sept. 21 - Columbia, MO to St. Louis, MO 145 miles
    Saturday, Sept. 22 ? St. Louis, MO to Louisville, KY 290 miles
    Media Event 7am-9am
    Sunday, Sept. 23 - Louisville, KY to Lexington, KY 76 miles
    Media Event 7am-9am
    Monday, Sept. 24 - Lexington, KY to Tazewell, VA 240 miles
    Media Event 7am-9am
    Tuesday, Sept. 25 --Tazewell, VA to Blacksburg, VA 75 miles
    Blacksburg, VA to Roanoke, VA 36 miles
    Wednesday Sept. 26 - Roanoke, VA to Lynchburg, VA 55 miles
    Lynchburg, VA to Charlottesville, VA 67 miles
    Thursday, Sept. 27 - Charlottesville, VA to Annandale, VA 110 miles

(And I see some media events scheduled as well )
    Team Rousey

Billy-T-Kidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billy-T-Kidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billy-T-Kidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billy-T-Kidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billy-T-Kidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billy-T-Kidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billy-T-Kidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billy-T-Kidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billy-T-Kidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billy-T-Kidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billy-T-Kidd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have you thought of getting in touch with your congressmen?

Media may be willing to listen to them and do something.

It is a shame that the media will not do something to assist in getting this out to the people.
    Outcome is equal to the effort put into it...

Originally Posted by Billy-T-Kidd View Post
    Have you thought of getting in touch with your congressmen?

Media may be willing to listen to them and do something.

It is a shame that the media will not do something to assist in getting this out to the people.
    I did contact my congressman, but it was regarding a slightly different issue. I contacted him to ensure that he supports the "Conquer Childhood Cancer Act 2007". I got an e-mail back showing his support for several cancer bills currently in congress.

That is a great idea though, I can reply to his e-mail to see if he or his party can help contact the media

I am not sure if the media is ignoring this altogether or if I am just not getting responses to my requests. I really think it deserves National attention. Some of the news reports I see on National news are just ridiculous and I can't believe they spend time reporting on them. I think their efforts could be better spent on issues and causes such as this.
    Team Rousey

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I posted this at a mtb site I recently started frequenting.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    I posted this at a mtb site I recently started frequenting.
    I saw you post in the outdoor forum and responded there as well....

A GREAT BIG THANK YOU, you are awesome
    Team Rousey

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You got it.

I wish them the very best. They are true heroes, as are the children.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000)
    I wish you the best with spreading the news....this deserves national attention.
    kathyfit
    NGA Figure Pro
    Bikini Universe Classic 2006-1st
    Figure Universe Classic 2010-1st
    Team Tight Curves

Originally Posted by kathyfit View Post
    I wish you the best with spreading the news....this deserves national attention.
    Thank you, your support means a lot. It's hard to keep running into brick walls, but it is nothing compared to what these children and their families deal with on a daily basis.

On a brighter note... the guys already passed through Salt Lake City and had a great crowd of support. They were even covered by all the local affiliate NBC, ABC, etc news stations!

Click here to read the Dad's blog, their journal on the road:
    http://loneliestroad.blogspot.com/

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS SHARED THIS STORY IN ONE FORM OR ANOTHER! We can make a difference together!
    Team Rousey

Update 9-17

The dads made it over a majority of the Rockies. I am guessing the downhill stretch is a lot more fun They are in Denver today meeting with the press (yay!) and they are going to visit the Children's Hospital to meet more brave young children battling neuroblastoma. Sounds like they are homesick for their families as they have been receiving both good news and bad news on their children undergoing therapy. I know Grace underwent surgery last week and is struggling in recovery. Please keep Grace and her family in your prayers.

So far I think these cities they have been passing though have welcomed them with open arms. Maybe these local medias can help bring this story to national coverage. I don't know of any other way it can be done.
    Team Rousey

Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I forwarded the info to a friend that has a huge email group that love to circulate stuff. No telling where it might go from there.

As far as getting it national or in the media, I don't know anyone personally that can do much about that. Hopefully spreading awareness will get the word out and it will reach someone that will be in a position to make a difference.

Originally Posted by Todd_A View Post
    I forwarded the info to a friend that has a huge email group that love to circulate stuff. No telling where it might go from there.

As far as getting it national or in the media, I don't know anyone personally that can do much about that. Hopefully spreading awareness will get the word out and it will reach someone that will be in a position to make a difference.
    Thanks Todd It really just take a few people to do what you did to create a huge matrix of forwarded e-mails. I figure if I can receive two of the same forwarded e-mails of the same amazing pictures/stories or jokes within a couple months of each other and from different parties then we get this story off the ground at least!
    Team Rousey

Update 9-19

I got great news today. The dads are cycling through KC tomorrow and will come directly to my company (as they have sponsored them with the tracking devices and Michael Love is an employee). I plan to put together a care package with lots of goodies to help them through the rest of their journey to DC. I plan to take some pictures and meet the Dads to wish them well. I may be able to post them up here
    Denver media covered the story:
    http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=77471

I also found out that the families have brought on a PR agency that agreed to do pro-bono work to help organize the media events. I asked if they have had any luck getting National attention and so far they have not had a response. The families are requesting your help. Here is a list of National media e-mail addresses that you can copy and paste into an e-mail to:

andree.sanquini@newsday.com'; 'editor@newsday.com'; 'publisher@newsday.com'; 'executive-editor@nytimes.com'; 'managing-editor@nytimes.com'; 'healthscience@globe.com'; 'letter@globe.com'; 'ireport@cnn.com'; 'letters@msnbc.com'; 'healthnews@wnbc.com'; 'eyewitness@abc.com'; 'eyewitness.news@abc.com'; 'yourcomments@foxnews.com'; 'news12li@news12.com'; 'info@ap.org'; 'evening@cbsnews.com'; '60m@cbsnews.com'; 'today@nbc.com'; 'Nightly@NBC.com'

You can copy and paste this message:

As editors and publishers of well respected media organizations, I thought you would find this Campaign a great news story.
    On September 10th, 2007, five fathers will cycle 3700 miles across the United States, from Sacramento California to Washington DC. Their mission is to raise awareness and money for cutting edge treatments that can be used to fight an aggressive childhood cancer called neuroblastoma - a cancer that all of their children fight.

Neuroblastoma is very rare. Because it is rare, treatment options are limited and funding for these cutting edge treatments does not flow freely from large non-profit organizations. The funding for research and development of new therapies comes from parents and families like these, who are faced with limited options to save their children.

We ask that you join us and help raise the funds needed to save our kids. We can't do it without your help. We would like to invite you to follow our journey, to record the ups and downs, and to get the message out that we are willing to do anything to raise this money to help our daughters and sons. Travel with us on The Loneliest Road.
    Grace Oughton Cancer Foundation
    Attn:Loneliest Road Campaign
    9962 Brook Road
    Suite 617
    Glen Allen, Virginia 23059
    1(888) 900-GOCF (4623)
    Team Rousey

Update 9-20

Well, today was THE DAY. The dads came through KC and took several laps around my work campus. I had baked Rice Krispy treats and banana bread last night and stocked it in a giant cooler along with water, Gatorade, trail mix, granola bars, apples, bananas, and some other goodies to help them on the remainder of their journey. I was smart though, I bought the cooler with wheels

So when the announcement came out that they had reached the campus, I made my way down and stood on the side of the road with many other employees and cheered them on as they took their laps. I know I looked like the biggest dork with my big cooler and I bet those guys wished I stocked it with beer!

After their laps and the crowds began to make it back to work I stayed to meet the guys. I wanted them to know how courageous they were and that we were all rooting for them and praying for the children. One of the local news stations did a fantastic job with coverage, the others...not so much. But here's the great news. They got a call from the Today Show producer who said they were aware of the story and could not promise anything, but they were going to try and get the story aired!!!! Not sure what the obstacle was, maybe the editors have yet to approve it or something. All of the dads reiterated to me how important it was to go National. When I asked how close they were to their fundraising goal, they said they only have about 200 grand total. A national story could get them all the way in a hurry. Please continue your efforts in circulating this around. The big media players can ignore pesky people like me but they cannot ignore the masses

It was strange, I felt so relieved after I met them. I don?t know why as their campaign is far from over, but I guess I just needed them to know how much their story has affected so many and that there are people out there who want to help. They were the nicest group of guys, extremely appreciative, and surprisingly energetic. They tried to entertain themselves and make light of the situation by poking fun of one another. When they were asked about the children, they were honest and said some have been doing very well considering the circumstances and some were really fighting for their lives. Alec, who is Grace's dad, seemed the most affected. Grace is still struggling to recover from surgery she underwent over a week ago. It was obvious he was distraught and wanted to be with his family. I know the dads were torn having to be away from their families but in the long run this new therapy could save these kids and all others diagnosed.

I have pictures I need to download, I may be able to post them in this thread but I am not quite sure how to do that. Some guy got a picture with me and Kai's dad, Vander, flexing our muscles. Unfortunately it was not taken with my camera so I don't know if I will ever see it. Vander was impressed with my "big guns", ha ha yeah, cause I am such a hulk
    Team Rousey

bbcom_developer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbcom_developer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbcom_developer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbcom_developer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbcom_developer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbcom_developer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbcom_developer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbcom_developer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbcom_developer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbcom_developer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbcom_developer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I added a link to this thread on the BB.com main page.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".

╔╗╔═╦╗
    ║╚╣║║╚╗
    ╚═╩═╩═╝

Thumbs up

OMG, YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone can tell me how I can post the pics in this thread I would really appreciate it. I have a photobucket account so I am going to see if that is the way I need to do it...
    Team Rousey

Big Update 9-24

Ok, so I have not had time to figure out how to post the pics directly into the thread instead of simply attaching them to have them opened as files...so I am just going to go the attachment route

I guess the flexing muscles pics was taken by someone on the LRC PR crew and I was told if they release it I could get a copy but I haven't seen anything yet, sorry.

BUT, I am attaching the pics of the guys riding here in KC from my camera and this website has more from KC: http://picasaweb.google.com/JodyJCra...stRoadCampaign

The latest news...drum roll please.... I think they are going to make it onto the NBC TODAY SHOW TOMORROW MORNING!!!!! I was told some of the neuroblastoma families would be on the show although I am not sure they are of the dads riding in the LRC. Either way, the campaign will be mentioned which is the whole point!

Please, if anyone has the chance to watch, please let me know and spread the word. I am a working girl with no DVR

The Dads will be rolling into Arlington Gateway Park in Rosslyn VA at the foot of the Key Bridge just across the Potomac River from Washington DC this Saturday the 29th and the campaign will come to an end. Arlington County has the park blocked off for the Loneliest Road - time to be announced.

HOPEFULLY THE BEST IS YET TO COME! Stay tuned....
    Attached Images
    Team Rousey

dalijack3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

You all are AWESOME!!!

So every morning I check my e-mail and I check www.savegrace.com & now www.loneliestroad.org. I am Grace Oughton's aunt. I try to keep all the info. I can find for scrapbooks, etc. I ran across your blog here and I'm just amazed at what wonderful people there are in the world! I can't believe how much help & support you're giving to this effort. I'm so glad you got to meet Alec, as he is a wonderful person! Through his horrific trial with his daughter, he has continued to think of all the other children & families that are having to endure this same evil disease! I've never met a better person! The family can't thank you enough for your posts and going out to meet the guys during their visit. You are truly amazing!

In case anyone reading this ever wondered: Yes, it makes an enormous difference to see & know that there are people out there who are trying to help others. We hear so much negative info. everyday in the news - it's absolutely inspiring to hear of people coming together to help little kids! Thank you so much!!!

Originally Posted by dalijack3 View Post
    So every morning I check my e-mail and I check www.savegrace.com & now www.loneliestroad.org. I am Grace Oughton's aunt. I try to keep all the info. I can find for scrapbooks, etc. I ran across your blog here and I'm just amazed at what wonderful people there are in the world! I can't believe how much help & support you're giving to this effort. I'm so glad you got to meet Alec, as he is a wonderful person! Through his horrific trial with his daughter, he has continued to think of all the other children & families that are having to endure this same evil disease! I've never met a better person! The family can't thank you enough for your posts and going out to meet the guys during their visit. You are truly amazing!

In case anyone reading this ever wondered: Yes, it makes an enormous difference to see & know that there are people out there who are trying to help others. We hear so much negative info. everyday in the news - it's absolutely inspiring to hear of people coming together to help little kids! Thank you so much!!!
    Yes, I noticed this forum comes up when doing a google search for the LRC This story has touched many and I know many people here have contributed in some way to help this cause.
    Feel free to send me a message!
    Team Rousey

Update 9-26

Not sure if anyone saw the TODAY Show on Tues? Apparently a few of the family members got to speak with Al Roker for a couple of minutes at Rockerfeller Plaza and promote the campaign. There is still a chance the Today Show will do a segment but no commitments yet.

I discovered today that there is now a firewall on the bb.com site at work
    There goes my daily motivation before my workouts!

I hope I have even better updates the end of the week. The dads are almost across the finish line!
    Team Rousey

Update 9-29

It's the big day!! The dads are at the Fairfax VA firestation #11 right now. The public is invited to bike with them the last 10 miles of the race to the finish line this morning which is the Arlington Gateway Park in Rosslyn, VA. If you are in the area, go out and support, these dads have put in 3700 miles and deserve a fantastic homecoming!!!

While in Richmond, a man appraoched the dads and handed them a $10,000 cashier's check. People are amazing...

Please keep these little ones in your prayers...the cancer has continued to spread throughout Grace's body despite her last round of chemo...Marissa was still in the hospital, not sure if she was going to be relaesed in time to see her dad cross the finish line...And Taylor has delicate stem cells that are being transported on Monday between Baltimore and NYC, they need a very safe ride!

I will post again to update after the dads are reunited with their families. I just hope their homecoming catches the attention of some National media....finally
    Team Rousey