Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

quick question about post workout shake

i used to add a tbsp of fat (oil) to it, but now its just simple carbs and whey protein, then the next meal has the fat and complex carbs, etc... is this right?

raptors_79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry post workout shake..........

Why would you add fat to your shake? Eat a piece of fruit or have some yogurt but don't add fat. That's stupid.

Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Adding fat to your shakes is NOT a stupid idea. Now, you only want protein (whey) and simple carbs directly after a workout. Later on, fat is not a problem at all.

fit
    "...the Self is a borderline concept, which I call a symbol because it expresses something we cannot express otherwise, because we simply don't understand it. The idea of the Self is really unknown ground. "Nietzsche's Zarathustra" p. 413-4

Original board member and moderator since 1999

blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yea raptor have you ever heard of Healthy Fats =)
    Olive oil
    Sunflower oil
    Safflower oil
    Flaxseed oil
    Walnuts
    Avocados
    Blah....fill it in later..

Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    thanx

yes blah I have.........and you should be getting plenty of that from the rest of your diet.

Registered User Matthew Shepard's Avatar
    Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Not while you're cutting raptor...that's why alot of folks take EFA's...
    RIP Matthew Shepard--gone but NEVER forgotten!

Check Out My Transformation Photos! (305lb-159lb) : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152603323&p=1043189043&viewfull=1#post1043189043

of course you get healthy fats while you cut...............ever eat peanut butter......???

buffgator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) buffgator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) buffgator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) buffgator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) buffgator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) buffgator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) buffgator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) buffgator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) buffgator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) buffgator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) buffgator is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yeah actualy I have heard of pb I add 2 tbs to my shake along with two cups milk 3/4 cup oatmeal 2 scoops protien and 1 banana. Dont be hostile raptor he asked a simple question and just becouse you cant answer it doesnt mean you should get mad. I have heard of every kind of oil being added to shakes if its post workout your body will burn it up quick so It wont be stored as fat, and it also helps with the fat soluble vitamns wich are c and the b complex, but im sure you already knew that. Plus there are many body functions that regulate better with an intake of healthy unsaturated fats.

jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by buffgator
    and it also helps with the fat soluble vitamns wich are c and the b complex, but im sure you already knew that.
    I hate to sound like an @ss and nit-pick this BUT:

Vitamins B and C are not fat soluble...I think you got it backwards. You can take as much vitamin B and C as you want and the body will use what it can and pass the rest out in your urine. They are water soluble. Vitamins A and D are among the fat soluble ones.

Just wanted to clarify that point, no offense.
    "These are the times in our lives that we can die and still survive"

buffgator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) buffgator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) buffgator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) buffgator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) buffgator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) buffgator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) buffgator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) buffgator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) buffgator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) buffgator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) buffgator is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    sorry my bad a d e k are the fat sol c b com are water

Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by jreynolds_4

I hate to sound like an @ss and nit-pick this BUT:

Vitamins B and C are not fat soluble...I think you got it backwards. You can take as much vitamin B and C as you want and the body will use what it can and pass the rest out in your urine. They are water soluble. Vitamins A and D are among the fat soluble ones.

Just wanted to clarify that point, no offense.
    Actually No you can't take as much as you want. Niacin can begin at 35mg, and definately seen at 100mg. B-6 can be at 200mg and over. Notice that's why there is only 50-100mg in the Complex and Multis. So yes, you can get toxic amounts if you take too much **** that isn't necessary. I think anything over 1500mg of Vit C is a waste. There is no reason to go any higher. People don't think about it, but it can happen. I heard of one bodybuilder (not pro) who is on 6g per day of C. This is the stupidest ting I have ever heard. He is asking for trouble.

fit
    "...the Self is a borderline concept, which I call a symbol because it expresses something we cannot express otherwise, because we simply don't understand it. The idea of the Self is really unknown ground. "Nietzsche's Zarathustra" p. 413-4

Original board member and moderator since 1999