Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 91 to 109 of 109
  1. #91
    D.C. in training bkman4's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2003
    Posts: 3,566
    Rep Power: 218
    bkman4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bkman4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bkman4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bkman4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bkman4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bkman4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bkman4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bkman4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bkman4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bkman4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bkman4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bkman4 is offline
    Originally Posted by dyhp
    It's good.............dont buy into the hype that it is bad for you or that it will make your fat. Eat up
    Lucky someone answered that for saw!!!
    Hit the Wall, Tear it Down!! - Wildman

  2. #92
    dragging my feet saw14's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2004
    Location: Not Pittsburgh, PA
    Age: 35
    Posts: 4,898
    Rep Power: 2728
    saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    saw14 is offline
    Originally Posted by dyhp
    It's good.............dont buy into the hype that it is bad for you or that it will make your fat. Eat up
    Originally Posted by bkman4
    Lucky someone answered that for saw!!!
    lol...thanks you guys. ill go back to my 4 pieces of fruit everyday like ive been doing for years now. sarcasm rocks!!!!!!!
    this signature was purchased by melon:

    "incongruous penguin"

  3. #93
    Registered User xxghostxx's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Age: 37
    Posts: 5,070
    Rep Power: 4203
    xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    xxghostxx is offline
    Originally Posted by saw14
    sarcasm rocks!!!!!!!
    Speaking of which, I don't even like boo berries hahaha.
    Unaffiliated.

  4. #94
    dragging my feet saw14's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2004
    Location: Not Pittsburgh, PA
    Age: 35
    Posts: 4,898
    Rep Power: 2728
    saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    saw14 is offline
    haha, c'mon you're a ghost, he's a ghost. its perfect!
    this signature was purchased by melon:

    "incongruous penguin"

  5. #95
    Registered User RipStone's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Posts: 24,948
    Rep Power: 2503
    RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    RipStone is offline
    ...and we have now hit 4 pages on this dumb question...geez.
    My Training Journal...

    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

    "Chris = Awesomeness" :)

    Check out...

    http://www.redpointfitness.com/

  6. #96
    You Forgot Poland! dyhp's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2005
    Location: Portland, OR
    Age: 42
    Posts: 491
    Rep Power: 188
    dyhp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dyhp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dyhp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dyhp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dyhp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dyhp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dyhp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dyhp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dyhp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dyhp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dyhp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dyhp is offline
    Originally Posted by saw14
    lol...thanks you guys. ill go back to my 4 pieces of fruit everyday like ive been doing for years now. sarcasm rocks!!!!!!!
    oh I see............................now.

    now that i got your attention what is your opinion on protein? Good or Bad?

  7. #97
    dragging my feet saw14's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2004
    Location: Not Pittsburgh, PA
    Age: 35
    Posts: 4,898
    Rep Power: 2728
    saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    saw14 is offline
    Originally Posted by dyhp
    oh I see............................now.

    now that i got your attention what is your opinion on protein? Good or Bad?
    i try to stay clear of protein at all costs. i hear it can make you bigger and stronger by rebuilding muscle tissue, that cant be good, right? bigger=fatter.
    this signature was purchased by melon:

    "incongruous penguin"

  8. #98
    Consistency + Knowledge BodySculpting's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2005
    Age: 35
    Posts: 2,319
    Rep Power: 621
    BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    BodySculpting is offline
    Bkman4, I agree with you that fruit has been a part of our diets forever, but again, like I stated in my last post, this doesn’t prove anything. Here we have the same case with the “GI-Index”. To explain what I am talking about, I said, “You have to understand that this “index” is a mainstream aspect of the diet craze out there. A lot of information out there is ridiculous for Bodybuilders to follow.” What I mean by this is that because something is essentially good for you as a whole does not mean it is good for you as a bodybuilder because as bodybuilders we have different needs and requirements then the average person out there trying to stay fit and healthy. Take for example Milk. Milk is advised by almost every professional dietician/health authority out there to be consumed a lot. Yet Hugo Rivera stated in his book that dairy products such as milk sometimes can aid unnecessary accumulation of fat and should therefore be avoided if competiting.

    Betterbodies, what contradiction are you trying to point out that I have made? I will say it again, unnecessary comsumption of fruits will cause a spike of insulin and the GI-Index is overrated. Where is the contradiction? Don’t see your point here…

    And as far as for the diets of bodybuilders, who is too busy to eat fruit? There is a reason a lot of them don’t consume them regularly.

    My point here is this: we, as bodybuilders (and I use the term loosely) have different needs and requirements than the average person out there trying to stay fit and because of this, we follow our own health guide with is EXTREMELY different than what these health authorities advise us to follow.
    "The only way out of hell, is through it. "

  9. #99
    D.C. in training bkman4's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2003
    Posts: 3,566
    Rep Power: 218
    bkman4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bkman4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bkman4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bkman4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bkman4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bkman4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bkman4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bkman4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bkman4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bkman4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bkman4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bkman4 is offline
    It's too late for this...oh well

    Originally Posted by BodySculpting
    Bkman4, I agree with you that fruit has been a part of our diets forever, but again, like I stated in my last post, this doesn’t prove anything. Here we have the same case with the “GI-Index”. To explain what I am talking about, I said, “You have to understand that this “index” is a mainstream aspect of the diet craze out there. A lot of information out there is ridiculous for Bodybuilders to follow.” What I mean by this is that because something is essentially good for you as a whole does not mean it is good for you as a bodybuilder because as bodybuilders we have different needs and requirements then the average person out there trying to stay fit and healthy.
    The GI index of real foods is pretty much useless. If you could combine the idea with glycemic load you might have something...so you don't need to refer to the GI index, it's crap. BECAUSE we are bodybuilders is exactly why we need to eat more fruit...the antioxidants and nutrients in fruit help offset all the free radicals training causes. Training causes a lot of metabolic waste, hence why we drink a lot of water, to flush out the waste.

    Take for example Milk. Milk is advised by almost every professional dietician/health authority out there to be consumed a lot. Yet Hugo Rivera stated in his book that dairy products such as milk sometimes can aid unnecessary accumulation of fat and should therefore be avoided if competiting.
    I think I said something recently like: we are not really supposed to drink milk at all, it's easy and we are lazy.

    Betterbodies, what contradiction are you trying to point out that I have made? I will say it again, unnecessary comsumption of fruits will cause a spike of insulin and the GI-Index is overrated. Where is the contradiction? Don’t see your point here…
    INSULIN does not CAUSE fat storage. Excess calories do. Even if you eat something that is supposed to "spike" insulin, you will not store fat if there is not enough calories. Unnecessary consumption of any carbohydrate (or other macronutrient) will put a load on your system and cause fat storage, calorie for calorie, fruit is better than most other cals.

    My point here is this: we, as bodybuilders (and I use the term loosely) have different needs and requirements than the average person out there trying to stay fit and because of this, we follow our own health guide with is EXTREMELY different than what these health authorities advise us to follow.
    Exactly why we eat more of everything then they say too. Including fruit
    Hit the Wall, Tear it Down!! - Wildman

  10. #100
    Consistency + Knowledge BodySculpting's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2005
    Age: 35
    Posts: 2,319
    Rep Power: 621
    BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    BodySculpting is offline
    Originally Posted by bkman4
    It's too late for this...oh well



    The GI index of real foods is pretty much useless. If you could combine the idea with glycemic load you might have something...so you don't need to refer to the GI index, it's crap. BECAUSE we are bodybuilders is exactly why we need to eat more fruit...the antioxidants and nutrients in fruit help offset all the free radicals training causes. Training causes a lot of metabolic waste, hence why we drink a lot of water, to flush out the waste.



    I think I said something recently like: we are not really supposed to drink milk at all, it's easy and we are lazy.



    INSULIN does not CAUSE fat storage. Excess calories do. Even if you eat something that is supposed to "spike" insulin, you will not store fat if there is not enough calories. Unnecessary consumption of any carbohydrate (or other macronutrient) will put a load on your system and cause fat storage, calorie for calorie, fruit is better than most other cals.



    Exactly why we eat more of everything then they say too. Including fruit
    This is going to continue going on in circles, as I answer the questions the same comments are posted in different wording. You win...eat all the fruit you want.
    "The only way out of hell, is through it. "

  11. #101
    Registered User BetterBodies's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2003
    Location: Texas, United States
    Age: 37
    Posts: 588
    Rep Power: 421
    BetterBodies will become famous soon enough. (+50) BetterBodies will become famous soon enough. (+50) BetterBodies will become famous soon enough. (+50) BetterBodies will become famous soon enough. (+50) BetterBodies will become famous soon enough. (+50) BetterBodies will become famous soon enough. (+50) BetterBodies will become famous soon enough. (+50) BetterBodies will become famous soon enough. (+50) BetterBodies will become famous soon enough. (+50) BetterBodies will become famous soon enough. (+50) BetterBodies will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    BetterBodies is offline
    Originally Posted by BodySculpting
    This is going to continue going on in circles, as I answer the questions the same comments are posted in different wording. You win...eat all the fruit you want.
    You have addressed most of the arguments that people have brought up (whether correctly or incorrectly is part of the debate).

    But there is one thing that you have not and cannot refute.

    Excess calories cause fat storage, not any one particular food or food group.

    You have a point though, if we aren't going to change your mind, then we should just let this die.
    "The strong do not simply survive...the strong prosper and flourish."

    Kings Age Crew!

  12. #102
    Peanut Butter-muncher taffer's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Location: Australia
    Age: 35
    Posts: 5,004
    Rep Power: 690
    taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    taffer is offline
    you have still failed to point out why fruit is bad, i cannot see an argument anywhere
    you say "bodybuilders have different needs" whic his the stupidest argument i have ever heard to be honest

    if you think fruit causes an insulin spike you are wrong because it has a lowGI, infact higher-GIfruits have a higher-GI because they have lower fructose levels
    even then the GI is useless unless you are eating that item on an empty stomach with no other macronutrients, protein, fat and other low-GI carbs have an effect on the glycemic response

    now your bad mouthing milk, just because Hugo Rivera says so.... im sitting here, i cant ever think what to say to that, im banging my head on my screen as we speak, i think that desbribes it best

    I will say it again, unnecessary comsumption of fruits will cause a spike of insulin and the GI-Index is overrated. Where is the contradiction?
    that sentence made no sense whatso ever, please learn how to form sentences that are legible.

    Originally Posted by some idiot
    we follow our own health guide with is EXTREMELY different than what these health authorities advise us to follow.

  13. #103
    Registered User User Name's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Location: Australia
    Posts: 45
    Rep Power: 0
    User Name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    User Name is offline

    thanyou

    wow...checked to see replies a day after i asked bout fruit and was fairly happy with the responses...now i check back several days later and find 4 pages, have to say i'm rather impressed. found various debates/heated arguments really interesting.

    over the last few days i've been eating a moderate amount of fruit (before was eating nearly no fruit)- bannana's, plums, oranges, an apple or two and berries.. I have noticed a considerable improvement in my complection and i feel...well...good.

    thankyou everyone for your useful info, i know alot more now than i did before.

    PS: Somewhere on page 3 someone said this was a stupid question to ask *looks hurt*, i had done a quick search before posting (only of nutrition section) and found no posts adequatly asking what i wanted to know. the replies from my question have helped me greatly (and others i'm sure). i can't see anything stupid about that.

  14. #104
    Peanut Butter-muncher taffer's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Location: Australia
    Age: 35
    Posts: 5,004
    Rep Power: 690
    taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    taffer is offline
    im glad to hear you are eating more fruits, the more the better, anyone that tells you other wise has no solid argument (like above)

  15. #105
    Consistency + Knowledge BodySculpting's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2005
    Age: 35
    Posts: 2,319
    Rep Power: 621
    BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    BodySculpting is offline
    hey taffer...thanks for the kind comments. you're right, I made no argument on why fruits should not be consumed often.

    have fun eating fruits, cheers.
    "The only way out of hell, is through it. "

  16. #106
    Peanut Butter-muncher taffer's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Location: Australia
    Age: 35
    Posts: 5,004
    Rep Power: 690
    taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) taffer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    taffer is offline
    you havent
    you said that fruit causes an insulin spike - not true
    you said that spike causes storage of "insulin fat"
    and you said that anything nutritionists and health care experts say is false because we are bodybuilders, and can make up whatever **** we want without justifying it and be right, whatever they say is wrong, because they arent bodybuilders..... by far the most thick headed statement i have ever heard, im sorry you really take the award for this one, i thought i have heard it all, then you came in with this one! i dont know whether to laugh or cry

  17. #107
    Consistency + Knowledge BodySculpting's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2005
    Age: 35
    Posts: 2,319
    Rep Power: 621
    BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    BodySculpting is offline


    you're absolutely right in everything you said.

    I love e-tough guys.
    "The only way out of hell, is through it. "

  18. #108
    Registered User ansio's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2019
    Age: 50
    Posts: 1
    Rep Power: 0
    ansio is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ansio is offline

    Which Fruits are the best to eat

    Olives.
    Blackberries.
    Oranges.
    Bananas.
    Red and Purple Grapes. Grapes are very healthy.
    Guava. Guava has a remarkable nutrition profile.

  19. #109
    Registered User DA_MOSS's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Location: United States
    Posts: 11,579
    Rep Power: 45457
    DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    DA_MOSS is offline
    may just be top 5 most useless but epic bumps of all time
    Proud member of the Who Dat Nation since '87!

    Sky Dive Crew

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts