Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wish we knew more about vitamins. I mean, I usually don't notice any huge changes when taking a lot of vitamin supplements. Thank you for the information on the 10 vitamins. I'm sure my centrum multi has it, so I'm not too worried.

MBChiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) MBChiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) MBChiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) MBChiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) MBChiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) MBChiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) MBChiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) MBChiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) MBChiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) MBChiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) MBChiro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bass- View Post
    vitamin D at #4? your body produces at or near 100% of daily recommended value by just 5minutes of sunlight exposure.. so anything with advertised "Vitamin D" is practically worthless unless you just refuse to see the sun for days on end.
    This is true, but not without limitations and/or risks. You may think that 5-10 minutes/day of unprotected sun exposure is OK, but in the long run, it is better to use sunscreen everyday and supplement to get your necessary RDI of 400 I.U. of D. Furthermore, research suggests that intake of 1000 to 2000 I.U. of Vitamin D/day helps boost testosterone levels, which is critical for bodybuilders. You would need 20 or 30 minutes of unprotected sun exposure to get these necessary levels, which is undoubtedly a bad idea for our fair skinned lifters.

"Most people meet their vitamin D needs through exposure to sunlight [5,31]. Ultraviolet (UV) B radiation with a wavelength of 290-315 nanometers penetrates uncovered skin and converts cutaneous 7-dehydrocholesterol to previtamin D3, which in turn becomes vitamin D3 [9,32,33]. Season, geographic latitude, time of day, cloud cover, smog, skin melanin content, and sunscreen are among the factors that affect UV radiation exposure and vitamin D synthesis [33]. The UV energy above 42 degrees north latitude (a line approximately between the northern border of California and Boston) is insufficient for cutaneous vitamin D synthesis from November through February [5]; in far northern latitudes, this reduced intensity lasts for up to 6 months. In the United States, latitudes below 34 degrees north (a line between Los Angeles and Columbia, South Carolina) allow for cutaneous production of vitamin D throughout the year [27].

Complete cloud cover reduces UV energy by 50%; shade (including that produced by severe pollution) reduces it by 60% [34]. UVB radiation does not penetrate glass, so exposure to sunshine indoors through a window does not produce vitamin D [35]. Sunscreens with a sun protection factor of 8 or more appear to block vitamin D-producing UV rays, although in practice people generally do not apply sufficient amounts, cover all sun-exposed skin, or reapply sunscreen regularly [36].

Despite the importance of the sun to vitamin D synthesis, it is prudent to limit exposure of skin to sunlight [36] and UV radiation from tanning beds [37]. UV radiation is a carcinogen responsible for most of the estimated 1.5 million skin cancers and the 8,000 deaths due to metastatic melanoma that occur annually in the United States [36]. Lifetime cumulative UV damage to skin is also largely responsible for some age-associated dryness and other cosmetic changes. It is not known whether a desirable level of regular sun exposure exists that imposes no (or minimal) risk of skin cancer over time. The American Academy of Dermatology advises that photoprotective measures be taken, including the use of sunscreen, whenever one is exposed to the sun [38]."

Source is from the NIH Office of Dietary Supplements: Vit D Fact Sheet
    (I don't have the ability to post links yet; google it for scholarly info)
    "Remember this: your body is your slave; it works for YOU."
    -Jack LaLanne

MBChiro B.S., D.C.

someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    calcium zinc magnesium are great for bodybuilding also not sure why not on the list those some of best vitamins can take
    updated 2011
    Hw-Alistair overeem, Brock lesnar, Sergei Kharitonov
    Lhw-jon jones, Gegard Mousasi, Lyoto machida
    Mw-Chael sonnen, Yushin Okami, Ronaldo souza
    ww-Jake shields, Ben Askren, Josh Koscheck
    lw-Bj penn, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Eddie Alvarez
    fw-jose aldo, Hatsu Hioki, Kenny Florian
    bw-Urijah Faber

legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Methyl Masterdrol Review

Here's another review of our methyl masterdrol

WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000)
    good write up brah, take my measly repcakes
    Bring on picture sigs.

rapeback

legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Vit D. is really important in general especially for people in northern states. I think it is diminished when taken with Vitamin A, which is a problem for most multivitamins.

HITman91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HITman91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HITman91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HITman91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HITman91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys, just throwing this out there, but I remember hearing about studies that showed that high doses of Vitamin A increases the risk of cancer significantly (28% in one study) among smokers. If it increases the risk of cancer in smokers, I'd expect it to do the same among non-smokers.

I'll post a link to the documentary where I saw this information as soon as I'm allowed to post links (you need 30 posts in order to be able to post links).
    My Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137093183&p=731668963#post731668963

hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Come on, you can get all the vitamins you need from fruits, and veggies right?
    "ham boy"

4lay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nice info

MadSam1990 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MadSam1990 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MadSam1990 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MadSam1990 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MadSam1990 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MadSam1990 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MadSam1990 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MadSam1990 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MadSam1990 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MadSam1990 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MadSam1990 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Still people remember multi vitamins don't give you the same benefits as the ones from fruits and vegetables, and for example Vitamin D ... You need to be exposed to direct sun light for few minutes every day ..
    Some people only exist to prove that there were not enough nukes dropped on this planet!

Go Green ... Rep me :) I'll rep back

Vitamin D is huge. Just remember to take Vitamin D on it's own, not with your other supplements. Vitamin A as an example interferes with Vitamin D absorption

Here are a few more articles.

Muscle Builders Supplements

M Drol

H-Drol

HOCH is just really nice. (+1000) HOCH is just really nice. (+1000) HOCH is just really nice. (+1000) HOCH is just really nice. (+1000) HOCH is just really nice. (+1000) HOCH is just really nice. (+1000) HOCH is just really nice. (+1000) HOCH is just really nice. (+1000) HOCH is just really nice. (+1000) HOCH is just really nice. (+1000) HOCH is just really nice. (+1000)
    In regards to the guy's comment on Vitamin D, I completely disagree that you get enough from five minutes of sun exposure. That is a bunch of BS. It would have to a. be full body exposure, b. not wearing sunscreen, and C. be a sunny day. EVERYONE would benefit tremendously from taking oh.... I don't know, somewhere around 6000 IU D3 a day, regardless of sun exposure. If you feel like it, you can test your D levels with a 25-Hydroxy-D test, and I guarantee you that 99% of people will be subpar unless they are taking it every day.

Vitamin D will

-make you stronger
    -make you more cancer resistant
    -help you avoid colds

and is very safe unless you take 50,000 IU a day.

Bonks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonks has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I take most of these, but will definitely look into the other ones mentioned. Thanks!

2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Vitamin D is coming up on my radar more and more.
    "2Burnt takes AlphaMax to the Max" log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157974513&p=1170521023#post1170521023

<<PH/DS Family Member 3rd cousin once removed>>

Don't expect a supplement company to wipe your ass for you, only YOU know what you eat, which pre you take, and how much folic acid you intake daily. Supplement accordingly.-POISON

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A High quality multivitamin that has lots of testing and published studies .

alot of vitamins tat cost less are NOT equal. That sit and dont absorb. Try this experiment take a glass of water and put your multi in it, does it dissolved within 30-60 minutes...or does it sit in their days

well the stuff that sits gets popped out and never absorbs
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

I am more concerned that the Vitamin D in a multi doesn't get absorbed well. I take mine by itself 5000iu at a time.

More articles:

M1T

3-AD Prohormone

17-Dione

1,4 AD

Superdrol

H-Drol

M Drol

Rezolution

Registered User AnxietyCoachJoh's Avatar
    AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

AnxietyCoachJohn

Vitamin C and Better Bone Density
    A study in 2001 found that senior women who took between 1,000 and and 5,000 milligrams of Vitamin C per day had five percent greater bone density than women who took 500 milligrams or less per day over three years.
    Vitamin C -- Higher Doses Reduced the Duration of Colds
    A 1995 study found that although Vitamin C doses of 250 to 500 milligrams per day produced no effect on reduction of cold symptoms, doses from 1,000 to 6,000 milligrams per day decreased cold durations an average of 21 percent.
    Vitamin E -- Higher Doses Reduce "Bad" Cholesterol Oxidation
    A placebo-controlled study also done in 1995, found that Vitamin E, when taken at low doses, between 60 and 200 international units (IU) -- both higher doses than the RDA of 30 mg -- had no effect on reducing the oxidation of LDL cholesterol that precedes cholesterol plaque formation in the arteries. However, as the doses increased to 400 IU, 800 IU and 1,200 IU, there was an increasingly stronger effect on reducing the oxidation of LDL cholesterol in the blood stream.
    Folic Acid -- For Healthier Babies
    Folic acid -- mostly found in green leafy vegetables, certain grains and orange juice -- is critical to the diets of women in early pregnancy to lower the risk of spinal birth defects in their babies. The National Academy of Science recommends that all women who are planning to become pregnant begin taking 400 micrograms of supplemental folic acid daily even before they are pregnant to ensure they have enough folic acid in the most critical early days of their pregnancy. And in line with what we now know about optimal doses, higher doses of folic acid lower the risk even further.
    Calcium -- Bone Health
    Published medical journal studies show that if you eat the average American diet that provides approximately 600 milligrams of food calcium per day, low supplemental calcium doses, such as 100 milligrams per day -- regardless of the form of calcium -- are not effective for protecting against bone loss. You need more calcium.

In fact, scientific studies demonstrate that a minimum dose of approximately 1,000 milligrams of supplemental calcium per day is required to support bone health and bone maintenance in adults, and even more -- 1,300 to 1,700 milligrams of supplemental calcium -- is required for seniors, 65 years or older.

ProStarFitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProStarFitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProStarFitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProStarFitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProStarFitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProStarFitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProStarFitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProStarFitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProStarFitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Nice Content Man.

I read a study that Vitamin A blocks the absorption of Vitamin D, which is why I take it separately.

Lot's being written on Vit D boosting testosterone. Really interesting stuff.

Horm Metab Res. 2010 Dec 10. [Epub ahead of print]
    Effect of Vitamin D Supplementation on Testosterone Levels in Men.

Pilz S, Frisch S, Koertke H, Kuhn J, Dreier J, Obermayer-Pietsch B, Wehr E, Zittermann A.

Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Medical University of Graz, Austria.
    Abstract

The male reproductive tract has been identified as a target tissue for vitamin D, and previous data suggest an association of 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D] with testosterone levels in men. We therefore aimed to evaluate whether vitamin D supplementation influences testosterone levels in men. Healthy overweight men undergoing a weight reduction program who participated in a randomized controlled trial were analyzed for testosterone levels. The entire study included 200 nondiabetic subjects, of whom 165 participants (54 men) completed the trial. Participants received either 83 μg (3 332 IU) vitamin D daily for 1 year (n=31) or placebo (n=23). Initial 25(OH)D concentrations were in the deficiency range (<50 nmol/l) and testosterone values were at the lower end of the reference range (9.09-55.28 nmol/l for males aged 20-49 years) in both groups. Mean circulating 25(OH)D concentrations increased significantly by 53.5 nmol/l in the vitamin D group, but remained almost constant in the placebo group. Compared to baseline values, a significant increase in total testosterone levels (from 10.7±3.9 nmol/l to 13.4±4.7 nmol/l; p<0.001), bioactive testosterone (from 5.21±1.87 nmol/l to 6.25±2.01 nmol/l; p=0.001), and free testosterone levels (from 0.222±0.080 nmol/l to 0.267±0.087 nmol/l; p=0.001) were observed in the vitamin D supplemented group. By contrast, there was no significant change in any testosterone measure in the placebo group. Our results suggest that vitamin D supplementation might increase testosterone levels. Further randomized controlled trials are warranted to confirm this hypothesis.

More interesting articles on PH's:

M Drol

Dymethazine

SUS-500

P-Plex

Tren-Xtreme

X Tren

Pheraplex

jacobo1156 is not very well liked. (-100) jacobo1156 is not very well liked. (-100) jacobo1156 is not very well liked. (-100) jacobo1156 is not very well liked. (-100) jacobo1156 is not very well liked. (-100) jacobo1156 is not very well liked. (-100) jacobo1156 is not very well liked. (-100) jacobo1156 is not very well liked. (-100) jacobo1156 is not very well liked. (-100) jacobo1156 is not very well liked. (-100) jacobo1156 is not very well liked. (-100)
    that is great advice, wondering if that is why i have not seen as much gains as I wanted

artofmale.blogspot.com

another one to watch is Vitamin E. You should be taking the mixed tocopherols, especially Gamma Tocopherol. Standard Vit E isn't cutting it and we've know it in the anti-aging community for years.

Make sure you stay away from synthetic Vitamin E DL-alpha-tocopherol. That is the synthetic kind the DL!

Stay away...

More review articles...

Halodrol Liquigels Review

Halodrol MT Review

Halodrol 50 Review

Novedex XT Review

Epistane Contaminated

Epistane For Gyno

dougperkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dougperkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dougperkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dougperkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dougperkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dougperkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dougperkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dougperkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dougperkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dougperkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dougperkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Too much bellyaching over what vitamins to supplement with. If you're so concerned with being deficient in vitamins, learn how to cook and learn how to eat right - a balanced diet. It is my understanding that the body absorbs whole food based nutrients (not limited to vitamins) more efficiently than synthetic vitamins. I do think vitamin d3 could be beneficial, so I take 2000 iu/day. I do take a B-Complex because vitamin B deficiency can really screw up your health, cause sleep disorder, mood disorder, chronic fatigue, depression, and stress including exercise burns up b-vitamins faster that anything else. I do take a multi-mineral, because we (especially Americans) tend to be more mineral deficient than vitamin deficient (due to depletion of mineral content in soils). Also, since we almost all have diets that are severely unbalanced in favor of grains and meats, and lacking in fruits and veggies, green food supplements are probably more worth your money than a good quality multivitamin. Omega-6:3 ratios are also extremely unbalanced, and that is probably the biggest threat to overall health.

Phytonutrients are just as important as vitamins for long-term health. I think they are just overlooked by the supplement industry because they are not easily synthesized, and much less studied/discussed (making them less profitable). Same with minerals.

As far as vitamins being toxic,.... I think this is a misnomer, popularized by the all powerful propaganda machine that is the pharmaceutical industry and used to wage war against
    supplement companies that pose a threat to their profits. Discredit me as it may, I do believe that most misinformation that is out there (especially on the subject of cholesterol and heart health) has yet to be exposed for what it is, which is just propaganda.

iMate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks awesome article !

2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JohnSmeton View Post
    A High quality multivitamin that has lots of testing and published studies .

alot of vitamins tat cost less are NOT equal. That sit and dont absorb. Try this experiment take a glass of water and put your multi in it, does it dissolved within 30-60 minutes...or does it sit in their days

well the stuff that sits gets popped out and never absorbs
    I think you have to use vinager and keep the temp at 98.6 degrees to mimick stomach conditions. The vinager is supposed to be the same ph as stomach acid. Also stirring occasionaly as well.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157974513&p=1170521023#post1170521023

Don't expect a supplement company to wipe your ass for you, only YOU know what you eat, which pre you take, and how much folic acid you intake daily. Supplement accordingly.-POISON

Originally Posted by dougperkins View Post
    Too much bellyaching over what vitamins to supplement with. If you're so concerned with being deficient in vitamins, learn how to cook and learn how to eat right - a balanced diet. It is my understanding that the body absorbs whole food based nutrients (not limited to vitamins) more efficiently than synthetic vitamins. I do think vitamin d3 could be beneficial, so I take 2000 iu/day. I do take a B-Complex because vitamin B deficiency can really screw up your health, cause sleep disorder, mood disorder, chronic fatigue, depression, and stress including exercise burns up b-vitamins faster that anything else. I do take a multi-mineral, because we (especially Americans) tend to be more mineral deficient than vitamin deficient (due to depletion of mineral content in soils). Also, since we almost all have diets that are severely unbalanced in favor of grains and meats, and lacking in fruits and veggies, green food supplements are probably more worth your money than a good quality multivitamin. Omega-6:3 ratios are also extremely unbalanced, and that is probably the biggest threat to overall health.

Phytonutrients are just as important as vitamins for long-term health. I think they are just overlooked by the supplement industry because they are not easily synthesized, and much less studied/discussed (making them less profitable). Same with minerals.

As far as vitamins being toxic,.... I think this is a misnomer, popularized by the all powerful propaganda machine that is the pharmaceutical industry and used to wage war against
    supplement companies that pose a threat to their profits. Discredit me as it may, I do believe that most misinformation that is out there (especially on the subject of cholesterol and heart health) has yet to be exposed for what it is, which is just propaganda.
    Your pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Vitamins

Well, you need to look at newer research about vitamins. Knowledge has really progressed over the years. It's not like you can just go to your local walmart and pick up a Vitamin E and it's good for you, you need to get sources that are natural. That goes with most vitamins in general.

We are finding that you can't just go out and take the cheapest form of vitamin E and get benefits. This is how business bastardizes nutrition!

J Nutr. 2003 Oct;133(10):3137-40.
    Supplementation of diets with alpha-tocopherol reduces serum concentrations of gamma- and delta-tocopherol in humans.

Huang HY, Appel LJ.

Department of Epidemiology, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA. hyhuang@jhsph.edu
    Abstract

Despite promising evidence from in vitro experiments and observational studies, supplementation of diets with alpha-tocopherol has not reduced the risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer in most large-scale clinical trials. One plausible explanation is that the potential health benefits of alpha-tocopherol supplements are offset by deleterious changes in the bioavailability and/or bioactivity of other nutrients. We studied the effects of supplementing diets with RRR-alpha-tocopheryl acetate (400 IU/d) on serum concentrations of gamma- and delta-tocopherol in a randomized, placebo-controlled trial in 184 adult nonsmokers. Outcomes were changes in serum concentrations of gamma- and delta-tocopherol from baseline to the end of the 2-mo experimental period. Compared with placebo, supplementation with alpha-tocopherol reduced serum gamma-tocopherol concentrations by a median change of 58% [95% CI = (51%, 66%), P < 0.0001], and reduced the number of individuals with detectable delta-tocopherol concentrations (P < 0.0001). Consistent with trial results were the results from baseline cross-sectional analyses, in which prior vitamin E supplement users had significantly lower serum gamma-tocopherol than nonusers. In view of the potential benefits of gamma- and delta-tocopherol, the efficacy of alpha-tocopherol supplementation may be reduced due to decreases in serum gamma- and delta-tocopherol levels. Additional research is clearly warranted.

This paper shows that the different forms have different activity and also different protections. Do your research!

Clin Cancer Res. 2009 Jun 15;15(12):4242-9. Epub 2009 Jun 9.
    Mixed tocopherols prevent mammary tumorigenesis by inhibiting estrogen action and activating PPAR-gamma.

Lee HJ, Ju J, Paul S, So JY, DeCastro A, Smolarek A, Lee MJ, Yang CS, Newmark HL, Suh N.

Department of Chemical Biology, Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA.
    Abstract

PURPOSE: Tocopherols are lipophilic antioxidants present in vegetable oils. Although the antioxidant and anticancer activities of alpha-tocopherol (vitamin E) have been studied for decades, recent intervention studies with alpha-tocopherol have been negative for protection from cancer in humans. The tocopherols consist of four isoforms, which are the alpha, beta, gamma, and delta variants, and recent attention is being given to other isoforms. In the present study, we investigated the inhibitory effect of a tocopherol mixture rich in gamma- and delta-tocopherols against mammary tumorigenesis.

EXPERIMENTAL DESIGN: Female Sprague Dawley rats were treated with N-methyl-N-nitrosourea (NMU), and then fed diets containing 0.1%, 0.3%, or 0.5% mixed tocopherols rich in gamma- and delta-tocopherols for 9 weeks. Tumor burden and multiplicity were determined, and the levels of markers of inflammation, proliferation, and apoptosis were evaluated in the serum and in mammary tumors. The regulation of nuclear receptor signaling by tocopherols was studied in mammary tumors and in breast cancer cells.

RESULTS: Dietary administration of 0.1%, 0.3%, or 0.5% mixed tocopherols suppressed mammary tumor growth by 38%, 50%, or 80%, respectively. Tumor multiplicity was also significantly reduced in all three mixed tocopherol groups. Mixed tocopherols increased the expression of p21, p27, caspase-3, and peroxisome proliferator activated receptor-gamma, and inhibited AKT and estrogen signaling in mammary tumors. Our mechanistic study found that gamma- and delta-tocopherols, but not alpha-tocopherol, activated peroxisome proliferator activated receptor-gamma and antagonized estrogen action in breast cancer.

CONCLUSION: The results suggest that gamma- and delta-tocopherols may be effective agents for the prevention of breast cancer.

More articles:

M1T

3-AD Prohormone

17-Dione

1,4 AD

Superdrol

H-Drol

M Drol

Rezolution

M Drol

Dymethazine

SUS-500

P-Plex

Tren-Xtreme

X Tren

Tribulus

Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are there any cheap multi-vitamins which contain all of these?

mukky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mukky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mukky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mukky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mukky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mukky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mukky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mukky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mukky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mukky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mukky has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    good post Op

This is good information to know...

Originally Posted by legalgear View Post
    Well, you need to look at newer research about vitamins. Knowledge has really progressed over the years. It's not like you can just go to your local walmart and pick up a Vitamin E and it's good for you, you need to get sources that are natural. That goes with most vitamins in general.

We are finding that you can't just go out and take the cheapest form of vitamin E and get benefits. This is how business bastardizes nutrition!

J Nutr. 2003 Oct;133(10):3137-40.
    Supplementation of diets with alpha-tocopherol reduces serum concentrations of gamma- and delta-tocopherol in humans.

Huang HY, Appel LJ.

Department of Epidemiology, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA. hyhuang@jhsph.edu
    Abstract

Despite promising evidence from in vitro experiments and observational studies, supplementation of diets with alpha-tocopherol has not reduced the risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer in most large-scale clinical trials. One plausible explanation is that the potential health benefits of alpha-tocopherol supplements are offset by deleterious changes in the bioavailability and/or bioactivity of other nutrients. We studied the effects of supplementing diets with RRR-alpha-tocopheryl acetate (400 IU/d) on serum concentrations of gamma- and delta-tocopherol in a randomized, placebo-controlled trial in 184 adult nonsmokers. Outcomes were changes in serum concentrations of gamma- and delta-tocopherol from baseline to the end of the 2-mo experimental period. Compared with placebo, supplementation with alpha-tocopherol reduced serum gamma-tocopherol concentrations by a median change of 58% [95% CI = (51%, 66%), P < 0.0001], and reduced the number of individuals with detectable delta-tocopherol concentrations (P < 0.0001). Consistent with trial results were the results from baseline cross-sectional analyses, in which prior vitamin E supplement users had significantly lower serum gamma-tocopherol than nonusers. In view of the potential benefits of gamma- and delta-tocopherol, the efficacy of alpha-tocopherol supplementation may be reduced due to decreases in serum gamma- and delta-tocopherol levels. Additional research is clearly warranted.

This paper shows that the different forms have different activity and also different protections. Do your research!

Clin Cancer Res. 2009 Jun 15;15(12):4242-9. Epub 2009 Jun 9.
    Mixed tocopherols prevent mammary tumorigenesis by inhibiting estrogen action and activating PPAR-gamma.

Lee HJ, Ju J, Paul S, So JY, DeCastro A, Smolarek A, Lee MJ, Yang CS, Newmark HL, Suh N.

Department of Chemical Biology, Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA.
    Abstract

PURPOSE: Tocopherols are lipophilic antioxidants present in vegetable oils. Although the antioxidant and anticancer activities of alpha-tocopherol (vitamin E) have been studied for decades, recent intervention studies with alpha-tocopherol have been negative for protection from cancer in humans. The tocopherols consist of four isoforms, which are the alpha, beta, gamma, and delta variants, and recent attention is being given to other isoforms. In the present study, we investigated the inhibitory effect of a tocopherol mixture rich in gamma- and delta-tocopherols against mammary tumorigenesis.

EXPERIMENTAL DESIGN: Female Sprague Dawley rats were treated with N-methyl-N-nitrosourea (NMU), and then fed diets containing 0.1%, 0.3%, or 0.5% mixed tocopherols rich in gamma- and delta-tocopherols for 9 weeks. Tumor burden and multiplicity were determined, and the levels of markers of inflammation, proliferation, and apoptosis were evaluated in the serum and in mammary tumors. The regulation of nuclear receptor signaling by tocopherols was studied in mammary tumors and in breast cancer cells.

RESULTS: Dietary administration of 0.1%, 0.3%, or 0.5% mixed tocopherols suppressed mammary tumor growth by 38%, 50%, or 80%, respectively. Tumor multiplicity was also significantly reduced in all three mixed tocopherol groups. Mixed tocopherols increased the expression of p21, p27, caspase-3, and peroxisome proliferator activated receptor-gamma, and inhibited AKT and estrogen signaling in mammary tumors. Our mechanistic study found that gamma- and delta-tocopherols, but not alpha-tocopherol, activated peroxisome proliferator activated receptor-gamma and antagonized estrogen action in breast cancer.

CONCLUSION: The results suggest that gamma- and delta-tocopherols may be effective agents for the prevention of breast cancer.

More articles:

M1T

3-AD Prohormone

17-Dione

1,4 AD

Superdrol

H-Drol

M Drol

Rezolution

M Drol

Dymethazine

SUS-500

P-Plex

Tren-Xtreme

X Tren

Tribulus
    Best Prohormone

http://www.androcycle.com/best-prohormone-supplements/

EpicBroMan is not very well liked. (-100) EpicBroMan is not very well liked. (-100) EpicBroMan is not very well liked. (-100) EpicBroMan is not very well liked. (-100) EpicBroMan is not very well liked. (-100) EpicBroMan is not very well liked. (-100) EpicBroMan is not very well liked. (-100) EpicBroMan is not very well liked. (-100) EpicBroMan is not very well liked. (-100) EpicBroMan is not very well liked. (-100) EpicBroMan is not very well liked. (-100)
    Nice thread, learned some stuff for sure.