Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    druluv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) druluv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) druluv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) druluv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) druluv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) druluv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) druluv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) druluv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) druluv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) druluv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) druluv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Week 9 Low Insulin Diet - 231lbs - 12 mm - Goal 230lbs/ 10 mm / Day 24 of 35 till trip

Whats up everyone, just completed my fast, I got 2lbs out of this one which brings me down to 231lbs. This bring my net weight loss to 74lbs.

This was one of my longest fasts, I fasted over 20 hrs and I wasn't really hungry the whole time. I had breakfast this morning now I'm well satisfied again, and ready for another long fast. I tell you this food taste so much better after a long fast. I will have lunch and start my fast at 1pm

I thought I would of been ravenous after this long fast but I wasn't, my hunger was way under control. This real important when you are trying to reduce.

I hope I can get into the 220's - wish me luck

Man I love keto!!!!!!!!!
    Keto makes dieting easy. Someone try a get by on 1000k, and a 20+ hr fast on the body for life diet, and let me know how you feel after that.

Food List Today

Meal #1
    3 eggs
    ham
    sausage patty
    cheese
    half n half/ coffee

snack
    half n half/ coffee

Lunch
    sashimi (Salmon)
    spicy mayo

health86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey, Good job on the continuing weight loss. More importantly, if a man does not control food, then food controls him. Therefore in order to remain in control one should watch his nutrition to arrive at his goal. You are doing that, ill be following your progress.

druluv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) druluv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) druluv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) druluv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) druluv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) druluv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) druluv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) druluv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) druluv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) druluv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) druluv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Week 10 Low Insulin Diet - 236lbs - 12 mm - Goal 230lbs/ 10 mm / Day 21 of 35 till trip

Week 10 baby, 3 weeks left before I hit sunny JA. My insulin diet has morph into something insane. One two low calorie keto meals a day, with a long fast on the tail end of the day. I notice most people fast for the morning first, then eat in the evening, but I like to start my fast mid-day until the next morning. I like to push insulin early in the day, then tail it off to fasting levels by night; the body will even drop insulin levels even lower will it sleeps. I also like to keep my one - two meals a day small to even elicit smaller amount of insulin during feeding. My whole program revolves around keeping insulin at bay. Since doing this set my body response to carbs is much better. I'm now able to do long fast with high carb meals too, something I was never able to do before keto.

For people with fat boy genetics or for people who's bodies are expert in energy conservation , fasting is one way to compete with our nemeses, the naturally diesel person.

People with fat boy genetics will find that they are slimming down perfectly, but they have a few layers of fat on the lower half of the stomach to burn off to get that much desired 6-pack. The problem with this problem area is that these fat cells are the most insulin sensitive fat cells in our body, this mostly applies to men. Women usually have problems with their hip area. These fat cells are so sensitive to insulin, that no matter how much exercise you do it is difficult to get these fat cells to release its contents.

Prime example of this is when a formally fat person show pics of themselves slimmed down with the same body fat percentage as when he was fat. Another example, is the contestants in the biggest loser, Ever notice they lose weight but look worse as they are losing the weight each week. Gastric bypass patients also suffer from losing tons of weight but there bodyfat percentages doesn't reflect the amount of weight that they loss. When these people get plastic surgery to firm up the skin, you can see the fat still there when the surgeon is cutting the extra flesh of the patient.

If there is a calorie deficit but insulin levels are high, the body can't get to the energy trapped in the fat cells, so the body will start converting muscle tissue, and even organs tisse for energy. This why I think its important to diet in a low insulin environment. Every study out there shows that the low carb group always eat less than the high carb group, and the low carb group drop calories naturally or without thinking about. They are not as interested in food as the high carb group.

This is good for people with fat boy genetics, and this gives keto-dieter the edge we need. The ability to drop calories, and not feel hungry is the best case senario for someone who is dieting.

Now I'm about to get more insane, with all the fasting and low calorie dieting I'm doing, I haven't lost any strength. This is with a lowered protein consumption as well. So things are not adding up. How I'm able to keep strength with protein less than 150g per day? On some days I barely break 100g. I also do not use a PWO after working out when I'm cutting.

So this leads me into saying that huge amounts of protein may be over-rated. I'm only stating this on my thread, because I know there are countless studies that prove me wrong. But I have been doing keto for awhile now, and some of these studies are testing, how high carbers react to certain diets macro ratios. I don't see any studies showing how keto-dieters react to different macro ratios.

Diet Ratios are more important than overall calories. When dieting you want to pick the diet that controls hunger. Since the keto-dieter uses two different diets(low Carb/ High fat & High Carb/ mod-low fat), they know which one curbs hunger better. Once you get the ratios right calories fall right into place. Now you can adjust calories anywhere you want it. Want to do 1000k, no problem. Try this on a rest day, eat one boil egg and heavy cream and see how long you can go without eating.

From all my research, I found that our bodies are well adapted for this. If you hit the magic ratios, less overall food is needed, and your body will even feel better.

Enough small talk

Meals for the day
    3oz half n half
    6oz burger patty

Always love reading this:
    http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog...ays-a-calorie/

The Science of Fat-Loss: Why a Calorie Isn’t Always a Calorie

Both studies provided between 1500 and 1600 kcal per day, but with huge differences in outcome. In the Key’s semi-starvation study (high-carb, low-fat) the subjects starved and obsessed on food constantly. In the Yudkin study (low-carb, high-fat), the subjects, who had no restriction on the amount of food they ate, volitionally consumed the same number of calories that the semi-starvation group did, yet reported that they had “an increases feeling of well-being.” Instead of lethargy and depression reported by the Keys subjects on their low-fat, high-carb 1570 calories, those on the same number of low-carb, high-fat calories experienced “decreased lassitude.”

BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dru can you explain for how long do you fast for...im thinking about trying a fast with my keto to lower insulin levels but i don't know for how long should i have theses fastings

Week 10 Low Insulin Diet - 234lbs - 12 mm - Goal 230lbs/ 10 mm / Day 19 of 35 till trip

BigRed1992- Fasting is a personal thing, you have to see what works best for your current body. The first thing I would do is to combine break fast & lunch together, then eat dinner the normal time. Don't play with the calories yet, just get the technique down first. After you get this down, get all your calories in a small time frame of 2-6hrs. This will become easy if you stick with it, your senses start sharpen, and you just feel better. When you get this feeling, start extending the fast to over 20hrs, and see how you feel. After this, reduce calories in the eating time frame. For this to work the best, don't eat any carbohydrates, you want your body more adapted then the basic keto diet. When you get comfy adjust carbs to where you like it. 97.5 percent of the time I keep it hard core keto or carnivore style.

I would do no training until you get the fasting part down. Training makes it hard to learn how to fast, because of the demand for calories. Once the body adapts to fasting without training add half your training back, and take it from there. Surround your weight traing around your meals, this will trick your body in thinking ample food around but your body doesn't know feeding is done. Your body has to adapt by cleaning the body of junk proteins, and recycle them into the right kind of amino acids, then the body has to lower insulin levels to release more fat from the fat cells. The gang of fat liberating hormones also come out and play to help repair the body, and they love to liberate fat to do this. Good Luck!

Tuesday didn't go as plan, after my daughter's graduation the family went out to eat to the worse choice, olive garden. I did stay away from the bread sticks, and the other high carb offerings. But even the stuff that seems low carb has a lot of carbs from it.

However, what I learned to do in these situations, is eat least amount of carbs you can. Do not eat any carbs without a fat, this sounds crazy but bare with me on this. When you eat carbs with fats, the fat portion of the meal is going to get stored directly into the fat cells. As we know already, as blood sugar rises, fatty acids go down. The reason I add the fat, is to lower the glycemic index of the meal. This will at least lower the amount the insulin needed for this meal. When your meal is done, fast for the rest of the day, if you get hungry late, have some heavy cream with sugar free jello, this will hold hunger until you fall sleep.

My meal ended at 4pm, and I fasted to 10am the next morning. When I woke up the scale is at 234lbs with pumped up muscles in the mirror. Just further evidence to me that macro ratios and meal timing is more important than just calories.

I have come to the conclusion that a healthy pancreas is the most important body part in losing body fat. After the pancreas would come glands that control gh, adrenaline, and the others. These are the fat liberating hormones, they work best when the body is at rest. Oddly enough, these hormones express when insulin levels are low, this makes sense though, if insulin is trapping fat into the fat cells to burn sugar, why excrete any fat liberating hormones it fat is locked up.

The one I like is growth hormone, The true power of growth hormone can be seen with children. Children don't weight train but can double weight and muscle structure with ease. They actually spend more time sleeping and eating. As we get older we make less of this stuff, but we still make it. When we weight train, gh actually helps repair muscle cells, and other cells of the body. We secrete the most gh during the deep sleep phase of sleeping, so now you see the importance of a good night sleep, but even more important is not the quantity, but the quality of sleep.

Now I bring in fasting, for those who fast, How deep is your sleep?

Today's food list
    Meal 1
    2 boil egg
    3oz half n half

Meal 2
    BK Quad Stacker w bacon w cheese/ no sauce

Eating good under 1200 cal

BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by druluv View Post
    Week 10 Low Insulin Diet - 234lbs - 12 mm - Goal 230lbs/ 10 mm / Day 19 of 35 till trip

BigRed1992- Fasting is a personal thing, you have to see what works best for your current body. The first thing I would do is to combine break fast & lunch together, then eat dinner the normal time. Don't play with the calories yet, just get the technique down first. After you get this down, get all your calories in a small time frame of 2-6hrs. This will become easy if you stick with it, your senses start sharpen, and you just feel better. When you get this feeling, start extending the fast to over 20hrs, and see how you feel. After this, reduce calories in the eating time frame. For this to work the best, don't eat any carbohydrates, you want your body more adapted then the basic keto diet. When you get comfy adjust carbs to where you like it. 97.5 percent of the time I keep it hard core keto or carnivore style.

I would do no training until you get the fasting part down. Training makes it hard to learn how to fast, because of the demand for calories. Once the body adapts to fasting without training add half your training back, and take it from there. Surround your weight traing around your meals, this will trick your body in thinking ample food around but your body doesn't know feeding is done. Your body has to adapt by cleaning the body of junk proteins, and recycle them into the right kind of amino acids, then the body has to lower insulin levels to release more fat from the fat cells. The gang of fat liberating hormones also come out and play to help repair the body, and they love to liberate fat to do this. Good Luck!
    thanks.I hope i can become like you a nutrition nut,dru you should write a book or at least have your own sticky in the keto forum
    Last edited by BigRed1992; 06-25-2008 at 08:47 PM.

More thought on IF

http://www.justinowings.com/b/index....xed-with-inter

Better Health via Intermittent Fasting and a Low-Carb Diet

hey dru guess what i did a 21 hour fast and at the end of the fast i had to force myself to eat i got full and i eat so little this is amazing

Week 11 Low Insulin Diet - 240lbs - 12 mm - Goal 230lbs/ 10 mm / Day 21 of 35 till trip

BigRed1992 - Good to hear, the most aggressive why to fix insulin problems is by fasting, I can't find a better way.

I'm back up to 240, the weight training and carb up day makes it difficult to use the scale. Every time I start doing serious lifting, I gain weight even if my food intake is below maintenance. This doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but in order to move the scale I have to stop lifting weights, but you know that's not happening.

triptizine will become famous soon enough. (+50) triptizine will become famous soon enough. (+50) triptizine will become famous soon enough. (+50) triptizine will become famous soon enough. (+50) triptizine will become famous soon enough. (+50) triptizine will become famous soon enough. (+50) triptizine will become famous soon enough. (+50) triptizine will become famous soon enough. (+50) triptizine will become famous soon enough. (+50) triptizine will become famous soon enough. (+50) triptizine will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Man dont worry about the scales.. get a tape measure.. I am 102kg.. been so for like 6 months.. but in that time.. lost like 13cm off my waist (like 5 inches!!)

I miss keto..
    Breathe me in, I'm forever, deep within, I'm eternal..

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ MMC ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Week 11 Low Insulin Diet - 236lbs - 12 mm - Goal 230lbs/ 10 mm / Day 21 of 35 till trip

Back down to 236lbs. Yesterday, I got two weight lifting sessions in. So I'm back to 2 sessions a day. I'm trying to implement fasting with my two weightlifting session. My lifting is now 2 times a day, on Mon, Wed & Fri.

So far what work is a lifting session at 11:30 then the next is 6pm. I work the same group of muscle twice per day. Because we don't use sugar as fuel, the muscles adapt by burning fat within the muscle, so this is an add benefit to keto. So by depleting the muscle of glycogen the body has to make more to refill stores; to do this the body has to break down dietary fat or stored fat to make glycogen. So if you don't have energy while going low carb, it means your body has not made the switch as of yet. When your muscle starts to burn fat for energy, you see your lifts automatically go up. This is the main reason I don't believe in pre or post workout sugar shakes. The body will make sugar when you give it a chance. One thing we can agree on is, what every dietary macro is limited, the more the body will reserve that nutrient. So if you limit fat, the body will hold on to fat. When you limit sugar, the muscle will hold on to the muscle glycogen, burn fat within the muscle, and also make its own sugar. If you limit protein, the body adapts by being more efficient on protein turnover.

So it would seem oblivious to use fat in our post workout meal. I use fat just to show the body that ample fat is around. This shake produces results, and you don't have to eat for several hours after you take it.

I use ****protein.com to make a custom protein powder. For me I used whole egg, Micellar, and Whey protein. I also added glutamine peptitides. I use 2 scoops of this, then add this to 10oz of Half n Half, 10oz of Heavy cream, and I add 2 raw eggs to this mix.
    This mix tastes just like a milkshake

The shake is about 1700 calories, but after you drink this, you'll be ready for a long fast or a small meal/ snack before bed.

Yes fat slows down the breakdown of protein, but why the rush. People are forcing sugar/protein shakes down because insulin sensitivity is higher in the muscle than at the fat cells; this is also the reason why people can get fatter on low calories. When insulin levels are high the muscle & fat cells are competing for the same energy. So just imagine if some people were more insulin sensitive at their fat cells than at their muscle cells. This would mean a majority of the energy from the blood stream will be pulled into the fat cells because the fast cells are more insulin sensitive. Keto people do not have this problem with a high fat shake.

The "Window Of Opportunity" should debunk the theory of all calories are the same. The window as stated is saying that fat cells and muscle cells are reaching for the same energy, but if you weight train, the muscle cell will be more sensitive than fat cells, so this is a good time to use simple sugar.

More on Insulin & Glucagon
    http://www.medbio.info/Horn/Time%203...eostasis_2.htm

Glucagon raises low blood sugar.
    Glucagon puts the metabolism in burning mode.
    Glucagon converts protein and fat to glucose.
    Glucagon causes dietary fat to be used for energy.
    Glucagon releases fat from fat cells to be used for energy.
    Glucagon reduces cholesterol production.
    Glucagon causes the kidneys to release water from the body.
    Glucagon causes artery wall cells to return to normal.
    Glucagon stimulates the use of fat for energy.

Now its time to change the game

It is important to know that insulin and glucagon are paired hormones. That means that when insulin is elevated, glucagon is suppressed. When insulin levels fall, glucagon is elevated. So even if you include protein in a high carbohydrate meal, the insulin produced by the carbohydrates will not allow your body to produce a sufficient amount of glucagon.
    I want to think about this some more.

Week 11 Low Insulin Diet - 236lbs - 12 mm - Goal 230lbs/ 10 mm / Day 22 of 35 till trip.

If you noticed, I'm posting info on glucagon. This is a hormone that people really don't talk much about. But this is a hormone that's suppose to work with insulin every time food passes your lips.

The focus has been on insulin, but insulin is only half of the story. When we eat food, the body was actually made to use both insulin & glucagon. This is another reason why macro ratios are more important than artificially dropping calories.

The problem for most obese people is that the carbs they are eating at meal time is suppressing the release of glucagon. The body will not release glucagon if you are supplying carbohydrates, especially refined carbohydrates.

The primary role of glucagon is to raise blood sugar, while insulin is lowering blood sugar. So both hormones are working in contrast, but together at the same time. So its possible to be eating and using stored fat at the same time.

So by reducing carbs you start to bring some balance back with these two hormones. It seems like when these hormones reach harmony, is when weight loss stalls.

Now most people didn't know that insulin is also secreted when you eat protein. Even though it raises insulin levels, it has small impact on blood sugar. The rise of insulin is elicited by the amino acids, this how the body stores amino acids into the muscle. So this would be further proof you don't need any carbs to bulk, the protein in the diet is strong enough to elicit an insulin response to store amino acids into the muscle. Insulin is a very powerful hormone, it takes very little insulin to the job, and more insulin doesn't do a better job.

What does this have to do with fat loss? I can say that any low carb diet will get you slim, the question is how do we get ripped? To get the definition we desire, we have to understand that the fat around the stomach is very insulin sensitive. So it even a modest amount of circulating insulin can keep fat trapped on our belly. It wouldn't make sense that the body would give of this fat up easy, and the more we artificially reduce calories the more the body will hold on to this fat. We have to be able to drop insulin even lower, to let this fat escape.

I think these theories would better serve for keto vets, because the meals are going to be crazy. I want to totally do my best to suppress insulin, while encouraging glucagon production. One way to do this is to reduce the amount of protein per meal during the eating phase of the fast. As a keto vet, I noticed I'm able to use less and less protein, but still get good results.

So a sample meal would be
    4-5 egg yolks
    5 oz heavy cream
    This is small amount of food but the energy you get is crazy. This is my pre workout meal eaten 1 hr before training. This meal is: 90% Fat / 9% protein / 1% carbs.

My training is mostly focus on dropping blood sugar instead of burning calories. It the dropping of blood sugar were the most fat get liberated during the day to be used to make glucose. Exercise also increases glucagon production, so training is important part of the program.

We want to do the same thing with our cardio, I tend to support incline walking instead of jogging and running. The body is better adapted to use fat as an energy source during low impact cardio. You won't burn a lot of calories, but you will drop insulin and blood sugar levels. When these two levels drop the body has an easier time tapping belly fat.

After training I like to flood my body with a lot of fat calories, here is a sample PWO shake.

10oz Heavy Cream
    7oz Half n Half
    2 raw eggs
    1 scoop of protein custom powder.

After my shake I get a good lunch of fat and protein
    Sample
    Buffalo wings
    6oz of blue cheese dressing.

The flooding of calories tells the body there is enough food around so its ok to release stored fat. After you drink this shake your body is going to heat up, so its a sign that metabolism is revving.

In addition, these two meals serve as my pre workout for my afternoon training session

I begin my fast after this session, If I feel hunger pangs just take a little sour cream or heavy cream.

NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Dru,

Glad to see you're still making progress... but how on earth do you maintain your strength levels and stamina in the gym with both extreme low to no carb intake, and intermittent fasting? When I used a Targeted Ketogenic diet months ago, it was impossible for me to maintain strength and stamina and, as a consequence, I lost LBM in the long run. When I reintroduced carbs, I gained mass, strength and stamina rapidly, while keeping fat gains to a minimum.

I like the Keto approach for fat loss, but if it's not possible to get in good, high intensity workouts and maintain a decent lifting volume, it's just not going to work in getting a lifter both lean and muscular.
    "Everyday, Jesus humbles himself just as He did when He came from His heavenly throne into the Virgin’s womb; everyday He comes to us and lets us see Him in abjection, when He descends from the bosom of the Father into the hands of the priest at the altar." -- St. Francis of Assisi

Merovingio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merovingio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merovingio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merovingio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merovingio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merovingio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merovingio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merovingio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merovingio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by druluv View Post
    Week 11 Low Insulin Diet - 236lbs - 12 mm - Goal 230lbs/ 10 mm / Day 22 of 35 till trip.

If you noticed, I'm posting info on glucagon. This is a hormone that people really don't talk much about. But this is a hormone that's suppose to work with insulin every time food passes your lips.

The focus has been on insulin, but insulin is only half of the story. When we eat food, the body was actually made to use both insulin & glucagon. This is another reason why macro ratios are more important than artificially dropping calories.

The problem for most obese people is that the carbs they are eating at meal time is suppressing the release of glucagon. The body will not release glucagon if you are supplying carbohydrates, especially refined carbohydrates.

The primary role of glucagon is to raise blood sugar, while insulin is lowering blood sugar. So both hormones are working in contrast, but together at the same time. So its possible to be eating and using stored fat at the same time.

So by reducing carbs you start to bring some balance back with these two hormones. It seems like when these hormones reach harmony, is when weight loss stalls.

Now most people didn't know that insulin is also secreted when you eat protein. Even though it raises insulin levels, it has small impact on blood sugar. The rise of insulin is elicited by the amino acids, this how the body stores amino acids into the muscle. So this would be further proof you don't need any carbs to bulk, the protein in the diet is strong enough to elicit an insulin response to store amino acids into the muscle. Insulin is a very powerful hormone, it takes very little insulin to the job, and more insulin doesn't do a better job.

What does this have to do with fat loss? I can say that any low carb diet will get you slim, the question is how do we get ripped? To get the definition we desire, we have to understand that the fat around the stomach is very insulin sensitive. So it even a modest amount of circulating insulin can keep fat trapped on our belly. It wouldn't make sense that the body would give of this fat up easy, and the more we artificially reduce calories the more the body will hold on to this fat. We have to be able to drop insulin even lower, to let this fat escape.

I think these theories would better serve for keto vets, because the meals are going to be crazy. I want to totally do my best to suppress insulin, while encouraging glucagon production. One way to do this is to reduce the amount of protein per meal during the eating phase of the fast. As a keto vet, I noticed I'm able to use less and less protein, but still get good results.

So a sample meal would be
    4-5 egg yolks
    5 oz heavy cream
    This is small amount of food but the energy you get is crazy. This is my pre workout meal eaten 1 hr before training. This meal is: 90% Fat / 9% protein / 1% carbs.

My training is mostly focus on dropping blood sugar instead of burning calories. It the dropping of blood sugar were the most fat get liberated during the day to be used to make glucose. Exercise also increases glucagon production, so training is important part of the program.

We want to do the same thing with our cardio, I tend to support incline walking instead of jogging and running. The body is better adapted to use fat as an energy source during low impact cardio. You won't burn a lot of calories, but you will drop insulin and blood sugar levels. When these two levels drop the body has an easier time tapping belly fat.

After training I like to flood my body with a lot of fat calories, here is a sample PWO shake.

10oz Heavy Cream
    7oz Half n Half
    2 raw eggs
    1 scoop of protein custom powder.

After my shake I get a good lunch of fat and protein
    Sample
    Buffalo wings
    6oz of blue cheese dressing.

The flooding of calories tells the body there is enough food around so its ok to release stored fat. After you drink this shake your body is going to heat up, so its a sign that metabolism is revving.

In addition, these two meals serve as my pre workout for my afternoon training session

I begin my fast after this session, If I feel hunger pangs just take a little sour cream or heavy cream.

bump!