Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Carbsthe Fat Man's Poison Druluv75's Avatar
    Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good News - I found a Bod Pod Testing Place in Brooklyn at Brooklyn College. Now the real fun begins. lol

http://depthome.brooklyn.cuny.edu/ph...%20Testing.htm

http://www.bodpod.com/p_bodHow.php
    "Forget man's so-called logic and find your own metabolic needs." - Vince Gironda

Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Druluv75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    9/19 - Good Day Fellow Keto'ers - 256 lbs - day 10

Gironda Says - "Use fat as a source of energy, but discontinue fats every so often and you will get a dramatic fat loss."

Pretty much the same today, nothing new to report. Next day I'm going to lower calories as per the staircase strategy. The protein will stay around the same, but I'll drop the fats. I'm aiming for 2500k to 3000k for the next day..

Polly-O Mozzarella String Cheese
    Whipping Cream
    Half n Half

Chicken Salad
    Muenster, Cheese
    Chicken Thighs

Feta
    Udo's Oil
    Shell Steak
    Olive Oil
    Cod Liver Oil

Work Outs
    Pretty good work out, added leg press to the routine

Work Out #1 - Morning - 30 min./ No Cardio
    Leg Press 8-reps X 8-sets X Rest- 5 Deep Breaths
    Hack Squat 8-reps X 8-sets X Rest- 5 Deep Breaths
    Hamstring Curl 8-reps X 8-sets X Rest - 5 Deep Breaths
    Bicep-Curl 6-reps X 6-sets X Rest - 5 Deep Breaths
    Calf Raise- 20-reps X 4-sets X rest - 5 Deep Breaths
    Forearms - 20-reps X 4-sets X Rest - 5 Deep Breaths
    "Forget man's so-called logic and find your own metabolic needs." - Vince Gironda

9/19 - Good Day Fellow Keto'ers - 256 lbs - day 10

Gironda Says - "Use fat as a source of energy, but discontinue fats every so often and you will get a dramatic fat loss."

Pretty much the same today, nothing new to report. Next day I'm going to lower calories as per the staircase strategy. The protein will stay around the same, but I'll drop the fats. I'm aiming for 2500k to 3000k for the next day..

Whipping Cream
    Half n Half

Chicken Salad
    Muenster, Cheese
    Chicken Thighs

Feta
    Udo's Oil
    Shell Steak
    Olive Oil
    Cod Liver Oil

Work Outs
    Pretty good work out, added leg press to the routine

Hack Squat 8-reps X 8-sets X Rest- 5 Deep Breaths
    Hamstring Curl 8-reps X 8-sets X Rest - 5 Deep Breaths
    Bicep-Curl 6-reps X 6-sets X Rest - 5 Deep Breaths

9/20 - Good Day Fellow Keto'ers - 256 lbs - day 11

I must I was wrong about logging calories, Since logging calories and food, I see that my carbohydrate consumption is pretty high. I'm barely staying under 30 grams of carbohydrates, The dairy products really do add up, even though they are low in carbs. So I need to reduce my carbohydrates. In a perfect keto world, I would shoot for 5-10, but 20g is fine. I have to also watch sandwich meats because I'm noticing that they have carbs in it. I had some smoke turkey, when I check the calories, I noticed even the turkey have carbs. So now they're pumping sugar into meats, great

In order to hit my weekly calories, I need about 5,200 for the next 3 days, So I have to really plan this out.

Egg
    Half n Half

Roast Beef
    Swiss Cheese
    Chicken Salad
    Turkey Breast
    Cheddar Cheese
    Deli Ham
    Provolone

Swiss Cheese
    Feta
    Beef, cured, pastrami
    Shell Steak
    Olive Oil
    Muenster, Cheese

cal 3462 67%fat / 3%Carb / 30% Protein

Cable Crossover 8-reps X 8-sets X Rest- 10 Deep Breaths
    Cybex Machine 8-reps X 8-sets X Rest - 5 Deep Breaths
    Triceps Pull Down - 8-reps X 8-sets X 5 Deep Breaths
    Bent Over Delt Raises - 6-reps X 6-sets X 5 Deep Breaths

Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I noticed that about some of the brands of turkey, too, so I switched to deliciously decadent chorizo slices from Whole Foods---no nitrates or other junk and no carbs. Sopressatta is really yummy, too.
    Keep up the great work! Can't wait to see your results with the bod pod...
    "...regret is an awful thing--a poisonous luxury. The less you have of it, the better."---Henry Rollins

http://www.sciencedaily.com/upi/inde...xidization.xml

Nice Reading Material:

Study looks at how the body oxidizes fats
    TOULOUSE, France, Sept. 18 (UPI) -- French scientists have shown that when people exercise after eating a high-fat meal, the fats are broken down and oxidized in skeletal muscle.

Max Lafonta and colleagues at the French National Institute of Health and Medical Research said their findings show for the first time how high-fat diets and exercise stimulate the breakdown of fats and might lead to new ways to reduce excessive fat in the body.

The researchers investigated how fat is broken down in both lean and obese subjects who exercised after either fasting or eating a high-fat diet. Under fasting conditions, the breakdown of fats was more pronounced in lean subjects, but the high-fat meal enhanced lipolysis -- the splitting of fatty acids from triglyceride or phospholipid molecules -- in the obese subjects.

By showing how a high-fat diet and long-chain fatty acids affect hormone-induced lipolysis in fat cells, the study paves the way for further research on the role of various fatty acids on the metabolism of muscle and blood vessel cells, the researchers said.

The study appears in The Journal of Lipid Research.

Science Whizes can read the abstract.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en...ubmed_RVDocSum

Jglinatsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jglinatsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jglinatsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jglinatsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jglinatsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jglinatsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jglinatsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jglinatsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jglinatsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jglinatsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jglinatsis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ugghhh Dru, ya know I got nothing but love for you man, but I just had my first try at cod liver oil mixed in some water...oh man, that was nasty...

Maybe I made a mistake, I bought some that was supposed to be cherry flavor, no carbs, but the hint of cherry or something...all I can say is Yuck...

I think I'm gonna stick to my tabs man...That was rough!!!

JG

PS keep up the log, its awsome reading!!

9/21 - Good Day Fellow Keto'ers - 254 lbs - day 12

French scientists - " have shown that when people exercise after eating a high-fat meal, the fats are broken down and oxidized in skeletal muscle."

Well it basiclly back to under 20g of carbs a day for now. Pretty much messed up my breakfast because I woke up too late. I didn't hit my calories for the day either, but luckily I keep my carbs very low. I didn't work out today so I'm not stressing the low calorie day too much. I know for myself that too many low calorie days will halt my fat loss. I did notice my weight stabilized at 256, but went down 2lbs. Go figure, I lose weight on rest days.

I purchased "Living without bread", and already love this book, this book stesses the importance of feeding children fats for good health. So I recommend this book.

Slowly I have been swapping out carb loaded foods with fatty food for my children. My 3 year old daughter is a keto natural, she loves cheese, and beef, eggs, and bun less burgers. She is funny because she can take cod live oil straight with chasing it with water. My son who is also breast-fed, is eating egg yolks mashed with butter, and gets a spoonful cod liver oil during the week.

Well have a happy carb up guys!

Deli Ham
    Half n Half

Beef, cured, pastrami
    Olive Oil

Skirt Steak
    Cod Liver Oil
    Udo's Oil
    GLA Oil
    Butter

cal 2800 77%fat / 1%Carb / 21% Protein
    77% 1% 21%

244.5 6 148

Work Out - Today is Rest Day.

Originally Posted by Mo_ria View Post
    I noticed that about some of the brands of turkey, too, so I switched to deliciously decadent chorizo slices from Whole Foods---no nitrates or other junk and no carbs. Sopressatta is really yummy, too.
    Keep up the great work! Can't wait to see your results with the bod pod...
    Thanks for the suggestions, I love whole foods

Good Read - 1 THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
    2 In the Matter of: )
    3 MILLENNIUM LECTURE SERIES )
    4 SYMPOSIUM ON THE GREAT )
    5 NUTRITION DEBATE
    http://www.cnpp.usda.gov/Publication...Transcript.txt

Originally Posted by Jglinatsis View Post
    Ugghhh Dru, ya know I got nothing but love for you man, but I just had my first try at cod liver oil mixed in some water...oh man, that was nasty...

Maybe I made a mistake, I bought some that was supposed to be cherry flavor, no carbs, but the hint of cherry or something...all I can say is Yuck...

I think I'm gonna stick to my tabs man...That was rough!!!

JG

PS keep up the log, its awsome reading!!
    ah man, you did it wrong. First put the oil in your mouth, then chase it with water. lol

Good Reading Material:
    http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/3/1/9

Nice Blog Site for low carb issues
    http://www.carbwire.com

More Homework!

Eat Fat And Grow Slim
    by Richard Mackarness, M.B.,B.S. (1958)
    A Good Read
    http://www.ourcivilisation.com/fat/index.htm

9/21 - Good Day Fellow Keto'ers - 256 lbs - day 12

Well I'm not going to hit my calories for the week, god knows I tried but the food is so filling, Every week I'm going to drop 1 cal per body weight, So I'm going to drop from 18cal to 17cal this week. So I'm aiming for 4300 cal next week, which is 30,500 cals for the week. I need to get into those 36" jeans by Thanksgiving

Deli Ham
    Whipping Cream
    Egg

Curried Chicken Thighs
    Cooking Oil
    Mayo

Roasted Chicken
    Buffalo Wings
    Udo's Oil
    GLA Oil
    Shrimp

3900cal, 77fats/22protein/1carb

Work Outs
    Had a good work out on Friday, I did a full body work out depletion style. I did it almost circuit style, I did 4 set of each exercise then move to the next instead of doing one exercise and moving to the next. I really don't believe much in the whole super compensation thing so I will begin my carb-up Saturday morning.

Leg Press 8-reps X 4-sets X Rest- 5 Deep Breaths
    Cable Crossover 8-reps X 4-sets X Rest- 5 Deep Breaths
    Lat Pulldown 8-reps X 4-sets X Rest - 5 Deep Breaths
    Bicep-Curl 8-reps X 4-sets X Rest - 5 Deep Breaths
    Triceps Pulldown 8-reps X 4-sets X Rest - 5 Deep Breaths
    Hamstring-Curl 8-reps X 4-sets X Rest - 5 Deep Breaths
    Delt Raise 8-reps X 4-sets X Rest - 5 Deep Breaths

9/22 - Good Day Fellow Keto'ers - 254 lbs - day 13

Its Carb up day, and nothing is off limits, so I'm switching over to the typical American Diet to see what I missed for the week. Breakfast was good and the Mcdonalds fires were also good but the chinese food was wack. It was too sweet, so I ended throwing most of it out; but I was able to eat the fried rice.

Today I was proud of my Insulin, I was able to function all day with out the bad effects that insulin usually gives me.

Eggs/ Cheese
    White Toast
    French Toast
    Home Fries

Large Mcdonalds Fries

Fried Rice
    General TSO Chicken
    Sweet Sour Pork
    egg roll

Large Milk Shake

Work Out Rest Day

9/23 - Good Day Fellow Keto'ers - 254 lbs - day 14

Finally back to keto, check to see if I regain any fat, and the numbers haven't changed.

It was relatively a low calorie day, just wasn't hungry. After a good carb up, I notice I'm not hungry, so I didn't stress it because I didn't work out today.

Boiled Eggs

Ham & cheese rollup

Curried Shrimp/ Scallop Scampi

Whipping Cream/ Sugar Free Jello

Egg yolk
    Cod Oil
    Udo Oil
    GLA

Work Out Rest

9/24 - Good Day Fellow Keto'ers - 255 lbs - day 16

http://www.biblelife.org/myths.htm says- "The Grecian "Mediterranean Diet" has been touted as healthy because of the consumption of olive oil and fish. Indeed, olive oil and fish are healthy foods, but the people of Greece have a high consumption of saturated fat in feta cheese, butter, lard and poultry fats. Those who claim the "Mediterranean Diet" is low in saturated fats are liars."

Today I felt like my vigor is back, and my workouts were explosive. I really needed that time off from the extreme cut to get my energy levels back up. I'm not mentally ready yet to start another cut as of yet, but I did notice I was able to lose some more fat and gain some lean mass over the 3 week chill out.

I have also come to the conclusion that supplements are very necessary when you engage in weight lifting for exercise. In the last 3 weeks, I have been taking my liver tablets, multi vit, and Amino Acids. I feel that i needed the boost from my supplements to help regain my vigor. I will expand more on my supplement list as time goes on, but I will not ever discredit the need for them.

Here are my stats in the three weeks

In the three weeks:
    Before: 251 16-17%
    After: 255 15%

I did lose some fat(~2lbs), but I put on some lean mass(~5) So I'm slowly leaning out. If I can lean out at 250lbs that would be cool

4000 cal, 78fats/20protein/1carb

Work Outs
    I'm getting stronger now most exercises I'm up to almost 20lbs with the same rest periods

Gironda Dips 8-reps X 8-sets X Rest- 5 Deep Breaths
    Shoulder Press 8-reps X 8-sets X Rest - 5 Deep Breaths
    Seated Lat Row 8-reps X 8-sets X Rest - 5 Deep Breaths
    Triceps Kick Back 8-reps X 8-sets X Rest - 5 Deep Breaths

Work Out #2 - Evening - 30 min./ No Cardio
    Single Arm Cable Crossover 8-reps X 8-sets X Rest- 5 Deep Breaths
    Lat Pulldown 8-reps X 8-sets X Rest - 5 Deep Breaths
    Delt Raise 8-reps X 4-sets X Rest - 5 Deep Breaths
    Tricep pull down - 8-reps X 8-sets X rest - 5 Deep Breaths
    Hammer Incline Press 8-reps X 6-sets X rest - 5 Deep Breaths

9/25 - Good Day Fellow Keto'ers - 253 lbs - day 17

http://www.biblelife.org/myths.htm says- "The Grecian "Mediterranean Diet" has been touted as healthy because of the consumption of olive oil and fish. Indeed, olive oil and fish are healthy foods, but the people of Greece have a high consumption of saturated fat in feta cheese, butter, lard and poultry fats. Those who claim the "Mediterranean Diet" is low in saturated fats are liars."

I was extremely hungry all today, even though I eat a lot of food. Had about a 1lb of Chicken thighs for Lunch , and 2 Quad BK stackers for Dinner. I was still hungry after the 2 BK Stackers. Increasing food is getting to be very expensive now. Even though I ate so much, I still drop 2lbs of my baseline weight. I guess the extra muscle may have increased my metabolism.

Supplements: I have increase my Arginine (10g) and Ornithine (2g), This is my new stack, Muscles feel mad pump and full when I wake in the morning now. I'm experimenting with GABA (for GH Hormone production (Bed Time)), besides the wild dreams some nights the jury is still out on the GH Hormone part.

In the three weeks:

I did lose some fat(~2lbs), but I put on some lean mass(~5) So I'm slowly leaning out. If I can lean out at 250lbs that would be cool . I guess you will gain weight if you consume over 4300 cals a day. lol

4000 cal, 74fats/25protein/1carb

Work Outs
    Lower Body Workouts Kick Ass!!!

Hack Squat 8-reps X 8-sets X Rest - 5 Deep Breaths
    Hamstring Curl Row 8-reps X 8-sets X Rest - 5 Deep Breaths
    Biceps Curl 8-reps X 8-sets X Rest - 5 Deep Breaths
    ForeArm Routine 20-reps X 4-sets X Rest - 5 Deep Breaths
    Calf Raise 20-reps X 4-sets X Rest - 5 Deep Breaths

Leg Extension 8-reps X 8-sets X Rest- 5 Deep Breaths
    Bicep Routine 8-reps X 4-sets X Rest - 5 Deep Breaths

Well I finally got my Books: "Good Calories Bad Calories", "Life WithOut Bread", & Carb Wars Cook Book. So I have a lot of reading and cooking to do

Finally got an appointment for the Bod Pod, I'm kind of scared, because the Bod Pod is pretty accurate, and I would sad if the reading comes out at 28%. But who cares, right?

I will put my opinions, my dogma to the test, and make myself a lab rat. I'll take bod pod readings every 2-3 weeks to see if I'm progressing at a good rate.

teteness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teteness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teteness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teteness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teteness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teteness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teteness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teteness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teteness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teteness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teteness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nice man.gained muscle and lost fat!
    keeping working hard
    Originally Posted by Druluv75 View Post
    9/25 - Good Day Fellow Keto'ers - 253 lbs - day 17

I was extremely hungry all today, even though I eat a lot of food. Had about a 1lb of Chicken thighs for Lunch , and 2 Quad BK stackers for Dinner. I was still hungry after the 2 BK Stackers. Increasing food is getting to be very expensive now. Even though I ate so much, I still drop 2lbs of my baseline weight. I guess the extra muscle may have increased my metabolism.

Supplements: I have increase my Arginine (10g) and Ornithine (2g), This is my new stack, Muscles feel mad pump and full when I wake in the morning now. I'm experimenting with GABA (for GH Hormone production (Bed Time)), besides the wild dreams some nights the jury is still out on the GH Hormone part.

In the three weeks:

I did lose some fat(~2lbs), but I put on some lean mass(~5) So I'm slowly leaning out. If I can lean out at 250lbs that would be cool . I guess you will gain weight if you consume over 4300 cals a day. lol

4000 cal, 74fats/25protein/1carb

Work Outs
    Lower Body Workouts Kick Ass!!!

Hack Squat 8-reps X 8-sets X Rest - 5 Deep Breaths
    Hamstring Curl Row 8-reps X 8-sets X Rest - 5 Deep Breaths
    Biceps Curl 8-reps X 8-sets X Rest - 5 Deep Breaths
    Calf Raise 20-reps X 4-sets X Rest - 5 Deep Breaths

Leg Extension 8-reps X 8-sets X Rest- 5 Deep Breaths
    Bicep Routine 8-reps X 4-sets X Rest - 5 Deep Breaths

Well I haven't been updating for a couple days, I have been reading 3 books at the same time:

The Cut Diet
    Life With Out Bread
    Good Calories Bad Calories.

Basically I haven't been able to eat the large amount calories like I was doing for last couple of weeks because I have no appetite now. Staring at 1lb of ribeye steak on my plate, has me automatically full just by looking at it. However, the high calorie eating fest has brought back some much needed vigor, and I'm ready to begin a real aggressive cut.

Why most of us believe that exercise makes us thinner—and why we're wrong.
    By Gary Taubes
    http://nymag.com/news/sports/38001/

Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mo_ria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't have any appetite right now either---I feel your pain
    I just choked down some wasabi almonds which I usually love and could barely force myself to do it. Gotta love keto!

Keep up the great work! And let us know what you think of the books. I liked the Cut Diet, although I am enjoying the CKD a lot for now.
    "...regret is an awful thing--a poisonous luxury. The less you have of it, the better."---Henry Rollins

wm009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Honestly everyone does, we have been brainwashed to be afraid of fat. The only fat I fear is trans fat. In fact, we need to fear suger instead of fat. Do your research on fats and decide.

I love reading this link:
    http://www.biblelife.org/myths.htm
    Isn't that the truth. Great link.

I really enjoyed reading through your progress. Keep it up man.

The new weeks start again, I had a very dirty 24hr carb up. Hey it is play off time, and the Yankees are playing . With that said, I'm pretty lucky I didn't gain any fat over the 24hr carb up. The caliper is still showing 10 -11 MM; if anything I'm actually down a .5 mm, but that's too hard to determine with the accumeasure device. I must admit I didn't drink any soda though but I did get my high frutose fix with snickers ice cream bar. Only the greatest candy bar ever invented. So with my carb ups, simple sugars are starting to get reduced.

Good news diet coke makes a slenda version now.

I have been doing some reading too, I have been reading Gary Taubes book "Good Calories Bad Calories". I have been so impress with this book I brand it as my new bible. Most if not every nutritional myth is been being debunked by this book, with references totaling over 200 pages, I would challenge anyone to prove this book wrong. So I have been slowly incorporating some of the facts I learned from reading this book.

So far I have been impressed with the stack. Especially with the Vaso, Vaso has me a little amped and focus, Today's workout had me closing my eyes and concentrating on every rep. I concentrate very hard when doing back exercises, because I can't see those muscles while working out. However, when concentrating while lifting, I can fail before the set is over, but since using the stack I can concentrate and finish my set.

Last week, I notice that xtend was my making my belly bubble a little bit, so I had to adjust the amount I used. I used half of the recommend amount of extend, but I doubled up on the EAA, and I feel fine now.

The goal this week is to lose 1 mm of my stomach, each mm is like 2-3 lbs of pure bodyfat. So Friday, my accumeasure has to read at least 9mm.

I'm going to go over some of the changes to the program. as per advice from "Good Calories Bad Calories"

Mo_ria - It seems like when you eat protein and fat your body knows when ist had its fill. Keep up the good work, I can see you are very pretty, and I can bet you will be smokin hot in a couple. Keep up the good work!

wm009 - thanks for the love

DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DD66 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Dru,

I thought you were following Gironda techniques? then Dispcale? you mention a 24 hr carb up, now you talk about good calories, and bad calories lol.

I think i have a pretty big discpline issue. I haven seen you stick with any idea long enough to change.
    And imo...that 24 hour carb up, is a reason you give yourself to eat junk? lol
    Why dont you simply follow ONE thing for like a month, give it time to be a habit.?

jcain12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jcain12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jcain12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jcain12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jcain12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jcain12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jcain12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jcain12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jcain12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jcain12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jcain12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    one of my friends was on this diet and didn't follow through. he said it was a little hard going out to eat and trying to get something with no carbs and high fat. how you liking this diet so far? I havent seen much on this diet and body building so im curious

Originally Posted by DD66 View Post
    Hey Dru,

I thought you were following Gironda techniques? then Dispcale? you mention a 24 hr carb up, now you talk about good calories, and bad calories lol.

I think i have a pretty big discpline issue. I haven seen you stick with any idea long enough to change.
    And imo...that 24 hour carb up, is a reason you give yourself to eat junk? lol
    Why dont you simply follow ONE thing for like a month, give it time to be a habit.?
    The game has never changed, and ideas are always changing and getting more refined. Ideas start with the most basic of information and grows when more information becomes available. My quest is never to follow one idea and stick with it in face of more relevant information. That's why people still use the same basic "body for life" type diet to lose weight, even though it doesn't work for everyone.

Gironda is the grand-daddy to low carb/ muscle building set -up. His information is very valuable because of the underlined principle. His body of work and the people he trained shows what the body can become with just protein & fat. The problem is that Gironda didn't really know why protein & fats were able to work so well though. He has put forth some insightful hypothesis on the subject, however, he wasn't able to tie it all together. Even though there were lots of studies done to back up everything he believed in. I should note access to information was very hard at that time he was relevant.

If you really look it, there were a lot of experiments done on obesity during the 30s, 40s, 50s. Scientist knew back then how to reduce obese patients, and how to control diabetes. In addition, during WWII a lot of research was done on obesity, the only problem was that it was done in Germany, and cocky ass American researches didn't bother to translate the work. If you think excessive calories and sedatary behavior makes you obese you may need to change your thoughts on that, and really take a look at the Alternate Hypothesis on obesity.

You will notice that my core beliefs has stayed the same, but some of the peripheral techniques has changed. If you are a student of Gironda, you would know that he believed people need to change when new and possible relevant information is available. So I have never strayed from Gironda ideas, I just embrace the part of always being a student and experiment with new ideas when they come forth. Also long as the core diet is in place, I have nothing to fear.

Good Calories Bad Calories is by far the most important work done for low carbers. The information in that book is worth its weight in gold, and should be required reading for everyone. I challenge any hard core high dogmic carber to challenge the work that was done in his book, and try and prove it wrong.

In response to DiPasquale, I'm starting to find holes in his work which kind of bothered me a little bit. But the core principles work very well. So he still relevant to the journey.

I must admit I'm still a carb junkie. I have limited my carb consumption to 24hrs, and I still feel I need to limit more of the carb ups. However, I'm afraid to fully let go of carbohydrates; but that's the addictive nature of carbohydrates. The more I study the more I learn that carbohydrates have to go. I also can't find any relevant information on why I need them.

Though you may think I change I lot, in reality I haven't changed. My core diet for the past 10 months has been fat & protein with a limited carb up. Gironda always said be a student to Body Building, read everything you can on the subject, and experiment with things that seem relevant. If it doesn't work chuck it, if it does keep it until it doesn't work anymore. I know you are a student of Gironda too, and if you read his whole body of work you will notice some of his theories change over time too .

jcain12 - The good part of this diet is that is serves as crutch to low carb dieting. I feel that I'm very much addicted to carbohydrates, and I couldn't just jump into a Atkins type diet when I first started. As far as going out, it is hard. Try dangling crack in front of a former crack head; its not pretty. It takes time to break the carbohydrate addiction, but I'm starting to see that I'm able to go a little longer without carb ups, or reduce them to 24hrs. As my mental strength deepens I will totally eliminate them from the diet. I got a couple of low carb cook books, and I will learn who expand my low carb food choices.

jcain12 - The good part of this diet is that is serves as crutch to low carb dieting. I feel that I'm very much addicted to carbohydrates, and I couldn't just jump into a Atkins type diet when I first started. As far as going out, it is hard. Try dangling crack in front of a former crack head; its not pretty. It takes time to break the carbohydrate addiction, but I'm starting to see that I'm able to go a little longer without carb ups, or reduce them to 24hrs. As my mental strength deepens I will totally eliminate them from the diet. I got a couple of low carb cook books, and I will learn who expand my low carb food choices.

Ha, I am right there with you! Pizza is my crack...and cookies and bread. It's getting so much better, though. Going 2 weeks without a carb up was really strangely liberating for me. Now I am trying the one day instead of day and a half that I was doing for the first 7 weeks. Should be interesting.

Well I have reach the crossroads of my journey. Through my research and my new found discovery of the hormonal connection fat loss I have decided to continue my keto diet without carb ups. This is one of my hardest choices I have had to make concerning my overall program. I really don't know how my body will react to this major decision but it worth a try.

The reason I'm taking this path is that I have slim out all over the body except for my stomach. My avatar is an old picture about two months ago; 10 -15lbs lighter now, so I'm a little slimmer than in the picture.

The slimming of the stomach is the hardest part of any weight loss program, hence, the reason why you always see guys going to town on ab exercises. But I know there are evolutionary and hormonal reasons why some men can have a hard time losing fat in the midsection. So in order to bypass these restrictions, I need to continue using the best hormonal environment possible to make the path a successful decision.

I'm finished reading Good Calories Bad Calories, and this book has provide a king's ransom worth of information. Moreover, the 200 pages of reference has some real good evidence from some of the most prestigious universities and doctors, that shows that the Alternate Hypothesis can certainly compete with the most popular Hypothesis regarding fat loss.

My carb ups has been the most fun, but its time to get down to business. I have been slowly phasing out my carb ups over the past weeks, so it really about getting past Saturday.

So wish me luck!!!!